GET THE RAT TRAPS OUR BOYS!

GET THE RAT TRAPS OUR BOYS!
youtu.be/k8EQ1KNkpmw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=31Z5gkfH_CE&t=0s
wccftech.com/total-war-warhammer-2-introducing-skaven/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DOOOOOOOOOOMWHEEL

Fucking rats

/v/ here

Are skaven a horde rush faction? The fluff i've read makes them sound more like le sneaky too intelligent for you archtypes

Skaven are kind of like goblins with more Mad Science. So yesh, they're gonna be swarmers on the battlefield with lots of disposable infantry, but also a lot of crazy war machines and artillery. No waagh or fightiness either, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was an infighting mechanic of some sort based on eating. Maybe they take attrition unless they're garrisoned or have recently eaten captives.

Still cant believe they didnt call it total warhammer. Huge missed opporturnity.

They are horde rush yeah. Read a bit further in the fluff. What you described is what they *think* they are. They are in fact rather incompetent mega backstabbing cowards. There are ocassional smart Skaven but the majority are just scumbags who only have themselves to think about.

They actually explained why they didn't at one point, the answer in essence: Lawyers.

I still call it total warhammer and google it as total warhammer and google knows what I mean

>watch trailer
>rat hordes
>meh
>suddenly Doomwheel pops up
>Doomwheel catches sick fucking air before landing in Dark Elves
>Boner achieved

So, i'm betting:

Lots of expendable, Low Morale troops ala goblins as base

Blight mechanics that give other races attrition

Some kind of hunger mechanic that gives them attrition unless they've recently won a battle, sacked a settlement, or are garrisoned

Every Skaven faction is going to have the "Mistrusts Skaven" attribute

Underway travel

Maybe a reverse Peasant Economy that gives you huge debuffs if you DON'T have enough units mobilized

Or they can be lazy and give them fightness mechanic and call it a day.

Garrisoned Skaven reduce growth. Because they're eating the other Skaven

You have to get them out of your territory and in raiding stance or your armies eats your populace or vice versa because you took them out of garrison but you have to put them into raiding stance to not take attrition

Skaven aren't fighty at all though, in fact they're huge fucking cowards

That said you're probably right, they'll prob just be a greenskins clone with some new war machines.

Skaven are huge cowards until they start outnumbering you, then they get a surge of adrenaline and a stupid amount of ferocity and confidence.

It's actually a biological thing for them.

technically thats how Waaagh is supposed to work too but we got fightiness instead

So will massed Warp Lightning Cannons be as annoying as massed Hellcannons in TW:WH 1?

youtube.com/watch?v=31Z5gkfH_CE&t=0s

More or less.

Also, all their cities appear as ruins on the campaign map.
wccftech.com/total-war-warhammer-2-introducing-skaven/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Connect the games and find out scientifically

At the very least Skaven shit will fucking break instead of continuing to fire even in fucking melee

Fucking Chaos Dwarves.

That sounds like the expected effect of chaos dwarves, sumtubborn beardy assholes incapable of quitting

Oh no doubt but god damn is it annoying

Oh, lel, the edited the article to remove the gameplay info.