/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: → #
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-brief-respite-before-the-deluge-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Have you ever successfully crossed over antagonists? The Strix with Geist, for instance.
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/676949-collected-second-edition-open-development-blogs
theonyxpath.com/storytelling-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/merits-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/contracts-of-steed-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/tumbledown-market-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/the-true-fae-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/a-walk-in-the-hedge-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/the-autumn-court-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/goblin-contracts-changeling-the-lost/
pastebin.com/tMwkuTtG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who is the asshole that took so long to make a new thread?

I don't usually make them, but no one else was, so...

True. Gangrel and Nosferatu might flourish there too. Vamps interested in luxury and influence in the mortal world would have a bad time.

I Imagine the vampiric population of the eastern bloc as overwhelmingly Anarchs or Autarkis. They probably celebrate the flight of the established order so that they can start building new forms of vampire society Not burdened by the old traditions or the Sabbath vs. Cam war.

In reality though its mostly small Anarchs fiefdoms (a few that actually have a relativly free structure) with little wealth that constantly have to lay low to not get raped by the intelligence agencies (the eastern ones actually have an idea about vamps and keep the Eastern governments clean while actually aiding vamps in the west to further their corrupting influence).

Once the eastern bloc collapses Cam and Sabbath both begin a savage race to occupy territories. Most Anarchs switch sides or become marginalized. Only a few areas remain in Anarch control.

I saw a thread earlier, but it had a bugged picture in the catalog and lead to a 404.

Probably a duplicate.

I had a GM Angel in a Promethean game. Was fun times, and like most angels it won in the end since it had a specific task it needed to accomplish. But the PC had sabotaged that plan enough that the near victory meant the world wasnt overwhelmed by the terrible monstrosity the Angel was trying to make.

Yeah that was me, i tried to create the thread, but it was bugging out for some reason.

What a fucking failure

On the subject of the Buddhist Get member last thread...what's the most unconventional character you've come up with for your games?

My favorite antagonist was from a masquerade game I played years ago. He was once a relatively unknown but super skilled martial artist whose only goal in life was to be the best and to fight strong opponents. Unfortunately one night he unwittedly challenged a vampire to a fight and despite being way more skilled soundly got his ass handed to him and was left for dead. A young vampire who happened to watch and who had greatly admired the martial artist in life asked his maker to embrace the martial artist. At first the martial artist was overjoyed at his unlife and greater power until he realized that he could never get stronger and that there would always be others stronger than him due to him only being 12 gen. Suffice to say he learned about diablerie and you can probably guess what began to happen next. He was pretty much pic related vampire mode

Is anyone willing to post a copy of the Changeling 2e beta rules so I can shitpost about them?

hello everybody, sorry for botter all of you but i am a poorfag and i need V20 Dark Ages Companion and i can't buy it. so, if anny of you can borrow a pdf copy i will really happy

I'm currently planning on dropping Quashmal on my D:tD party. There's a particularly nasty Angel in their city that can hack apart and modify other spirits too that they're gonna have to deal with.
Is a Strix / Lune malgath reinforced with Infrastructure bit too much to hit them with?

What Clan was he?

>tfw you try posting on little sleep and end up missing words and typing like a retard

Brujah also one of the players was once his human student who he turned after he was diagnosed with cancer. Suffice to say the player had to struggle with whether he should join his master as a cannibal

Check the pastebin

Reposting this question:

V:tM (classic WoD) related.

15th Gen Inceptor Discipline: Rather than conventional Fortitude, the Inceptor creates a Discipline that upgrades 1 dot of Stamina dice per level of said discipline. Rather than simply soaking lethal and bashing, the flesh itself gains the ability to soak aggravated damage.

"Fortitude has a maximum and it's the discipline that manages aggravated damage" I hear you say. Well, true, but other disciplines affect it too. Serpentis has an ability that allows you to transform, turning soak difficulties to a flat 5. Visceratka has an ability that raises your soak by +1 against agg/lethal, +2 bashing, halves all fire damage, at the cost of -2 touch/tactile based Perception dice on rolls. And Protean 6 lets you assume a marble form that halves damage after soak. So Fortitude doesn't have a monopoly on soaking supernatural damage by a long shot. There are other roads than raising mastery of Fortitude to doing it.

So this proposed ability only makes the mortal body more durable, allowing a second means by which one can develop to mitigate magical damage that isn't Fortitude. Given Inceptor disciplines cost 15(1), 24(2), 36(3), 48(4), 60(5) to attain, and all it'd do is upgrade existing Stamina levels, I figure that's balanced.

Passive would be ideal, but obviously that might be too convenient and imbalanced. Medium hard mode would be making the cainite spend blood (2 points, for thin bloods) to activate all known levels. Hard mode would be forcing them to spend blood per individual level. Extreme mode would be limiting this ability to a few turns or a single turn.

Thoughts?

>pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
user, you are my nigga, i never used a pasterbin before you. God Bless you, now my playes can play a more expanded vampire dark ages world v20 thanks to you

Is Reap the Whirlwind for Requiem 2e a good book to introduce new players without overwhelming them?

So I left about two or three months ago because all the power wank stuff was legitimately turning me off from the game as a whole, are we past that or should I still stay gone for a while?

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/676949-collected-second-edition-open-development-blogs
All of hill's publicly released work on Changeling 2e is linked in this post, older versions are in the spoiler box.

It's a consistent part of the threads now, but at the moment things aren't power level walking and GenCon this week will probably give us new content.

So the Changeling 2e material is actually leagues better than the trash fire i was expecting
Might even buy the book

The material linked Will not be present in the book. Its been Heavily rewritten by Rose Bailey (for the worse in my opinion, mechanics she is in charge of directing just have a way of sucking huge dicks.)

Are you sure they aren't talking about the new preview blog stuff?

Wasn't Rose in charge of VtR 2e? It's mostly good for me.

Her later work on supplements has been far less good than the core. Thousand Years of Night for example was pretty much a disaster that didn't do anything to actually address elder level play. The stat blocks were all garbage, the powers listed weren't well tested or functional, and then it completely leaves out key things like the fact that high Blood Potency characters can't feed on humans any more.

I agree that the supplements have been pretty meh, but the worst is that we still don't have officially published bloodlines! Gah!

Could you throw me a link to the new stuff that doesn't ask for my credit card?

Rose? I thought his name was Charles?

I thought it was Russ.

Save it for when atamajakki shows up.

>Changeling 2e preview links

>Links to all of Hill's preview content
>Links to all of Rose's preview content
theonyxpath.com/storytelling-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/merits-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/contracts-of-steed-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/tumbledown-market-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/the-true-fae-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/a-walk-in-the-hedge-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/the-autumn-court-changeling-the-lost/
theonyxpath.com/goblin-contracts-changeling-the-lost/

If you are getting prompted for a credit card you might be doing something horribly, horribly wrong, Changeling 2e isn't out yet.

Thanks m8. I found a compiled preview on Scribd that looks like this stuff, but that could just be me being a 'tard.

Nah, it's Rose.

Since when he had some kind of sex change? For what purpose?

>Being surprised the type that OPP hires would cut his dick off.

Does anyone have any after pics?

Wow, you guys lied to me about Shadow Names in 2e. They're still pretty important, at least in the fluff.

Dude who cares about fluff. In crunch they are useless

In crunch you are useless.

Nigga why the fuck would you want to see that?

Well if you aren't playing an orphaned murder hobo, it would relate to spell sympathy. Using your shadow name preventing people from casting on your family and coworkers and such.

If I wanted to explore family ties I'd go live in the read world, not play a game. I generally kill mine off because I just don't care at all about that type of boring relationship drama.

So yeah. Orphan murder hobo. So of course a whole mechanic about splitting your identity between mundane life and mage life would be 'useless' to you.

Shadow Names can also be used as a yantra, or give you access to unique yantras, iirc.

People play with family and friends in Mage? For what purpose? All that useless garbage will get in the way of fighting evil, exploring and pursuing mysteries

I like the bits about maintaining a shell of mortal identity, but anything more than pretending to be human as a mage just seems silly given the disconnect between mage and mortals. Idk if go murder hobo, but just like in real life, an offer of huge amounts of power or money would easily make my past meaningless compared to that. The magic of the world is just far more interesting than any drab mundanity you can enslave.

And it should make you harder to manipulate through time right? Since at many points, you are effectively a different person as far as sympathy is concerned.

The Shadow Name merit does two things, one being far more useful than the other.

It grants a +X Yantra, where X is equal to the dots you've invested in it, so long as your spell fits in with the concept your Shadow Name describes. So a "Seraph" is going to be great at blasting people with fire, but less good at winding back time.

The other one, is that is separates your mystic and normal selves.
Such that when someone tries to use one of the two to affect the other with temporal or spatial sympathy, the Withstand is increased by the dots.
It also penalises mundane rolls to identify you as the same person as your mystical self. Kinda like Superman's Clark Kent identity.

Do you guys do tons of wits + composure checks even for little things like going to bed or hearing a strange sound?

No, just when it's important.
If people immediately get squirrelly I then push them into feeling guilty about their metagaming.

Oh interesting. My ST does it constantly even for talking with friends and stuff. It gets kind of irritating.

What makes mages so strong in crossovers?

Mages can do anything and bend reality like it's a cheap dry cleaners hanger

Mage powers are more flexible, more potent, can be sustained for longer can be combined/chained for greater effect, at default don't require a "resources" for use, many are plain and simple hard counters to most opponents (such as focing them to commit suicide with Mind 2 or trapping them in a bubble of looped space with Space 3).

It also doesn't hurt that Mages can 'dispel' other supernatural's powers, using an appropriate Arcanum. A Mage with Fate 3 can cancel any changeling Contract, and can start modifying or destroying their pledges.

The extreme lack of priority placed on crossover balance.

I think you mean complete.
The reason the splats are cross-compatible is so that you can have NPCs from other splats interact with the players.

Not so you can have a Monster Mash.

Is this a bad thing?

No. No it is not.

And that is a mistake since there is nothing wrong with a monster mash but because OPP is so inept vampires which should have been the king of the monsters gets shit on by fucking Changelings let alone a boneeyard geist that can singlehandily rid a city of vampires by itself

Makes me wonder if such resources could be tapping into something personal.

Vampires in WoD have never been kings of anything. The closest to kings being the extremely low generation methusalahs and antediluvian that were more plot devices than characters.

Changelings in classic WoD sucked. nWoD Changelings are great.

Old Mummies were OP kill machines and were pretty great. New Mummies are superheroes and that's okay.

Werewolves are werewolves, and were always designed to have great big Henshin Daimajin battles with Cthonic monsters. Vampires included.

Prometheans are probably the only force capable of bonking mages on the head and making it hurt.

Buy the fucking merit, get gid yantra. Stfu

So how would you stat Rick Sanchez in Genius the transgression?

Not interested in fanfiction games, sorry.

In what way the Euthanatos concept of Moksha different from Akashic's Samadhi? IIRC both are "free from the Great Wheel"

>using fansplats instead of just making him an etherite
Why even bother

You just want vampires to be the 'kings' because you're a fucking fat goth chick obsessed with anne rice and twilight.

I found you out

>staining Genius with rick and morty
yuck

Got a Demon the Descent game, looking for players:

I will not deign to descend to that level just because someone was butt hurt that they couldn't make an etherite in awakening.

>Staining Rick and Morty with Genius.

RPG.net is that way.

Genius even as a fansplat is better and more playable than half of the CofD lines. And only hipster and contraians shit talk Rick and Morty

>Genius even as a fansplat is better and more playable than half of the CofD lines
No it isn't. See? I can say things without backing them up either. However, it's not a CofD game, so I don't really see how it's relevant here.

It's better than promethean, mummy, beast, and geist. You are free to disagree of course. Also this isn't just a CofD general either

>Also this isn't just a CofD general either
Of course. It's a WoD game then?

Will Deviant be good? Or will its thematic overlap with Beast prove too heavy a burden?

What thematic overlap with Beast? If anything it has a thematic overlap with Changeling. Brutally twisted by your captors, you escape, they hunt you down as you try to cope with your new existence.

Whats the point of escaping something when you are less powerful than a fucking vampire and cant do much about it?

Except that Deviant is explicitly about getting revenge on your tormentors as well. Changeling is 'a bad thing happened, and now you pick up the pieces'. Deviant and Beast both center more around revenge and retaliation than they do about recovery.

While Beast is riddled with revenge fantasies in its story pieces, they aren't actually a theme it has. it has more in common with Vampire and Werewolf. Satiating your Hunger, which can be a literal hunger or something you're compelled to do so that you don't lose yourself to your Horror, is more what it focuses on than any kind of revenge or retaliation. The goal of a Beast isn't to get back at anyone. Even that "Beasts teach lessons" shit was totally inconsistent and more often than not just ignored.

You can be less powerful or more powerful. The thing is unlike vampire your enemies scale with you

Feedback requested on this character sheet for the Slender Man.

pastebin.com/tMwkuTtG

Why should vampire be king of all splats, according to you? I'm curious, really.

I take it that your a reddit and memey fan?

I still stand by that Celerity can one shot Mages. Not all of them have Forces.

No, we hate Genius here too.

Really high Mental stats, good Social stats, average Physical stats. Inspiration 6+, really low Obligation. A good spread of Axioms, with his main ones being Katastrofi, Automata and Skafoi. Morty is his Beholden.

>Moving really fast to slap a mage as hard as a toddler.

5/7 bait.

would bait again.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? Poor magefag. Get speed blitzed.

I think you should switch his social and physical around other than that I agree

Why? And without using memes or buzzwords

>without using memes or buzzwords
that would be impossible

Because Vampires have almost always been the king of monsters in fiction due to the closeness with the devil

Because it is a fansplat that attempted to cover ground that didn't need covered, using an angle that didn't to exist.

Like, are you a brilliant mind that can make whatever you imagine real no matter how crazy? Play Mage.

Do you want a game about super science gone wrong and the consequences on the world? Play Promethean.

Genius was just a bad concept, before you even get to the rules.

At least Leviathan was an okay concept.

At least Leviathan is useful for ERP.

So, whats the trinity/scion news over from gencon?