Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Argue more about the game you don't play edition.

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Old thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/doc/220147580/The-Enemy-Within-A-Companion
windsofchaos.com/?page_id=19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Man-thing, explain no high elf trailer!

Gotta leave best for the last

Skaven are so annoying.

Would WHFB be improved if:

Miniatures were not removed when wounds were taken? But instead the base had a wound counter.

Miniatures were 15mm in scale? (Cheaper buy in, larger variety of choice)

>Miniatures were 15mm in scale?
If you prefer 15mm, yes. I do. Most people don't. 28mm is most common for a reason.

>Miniatures were not removed when wounds were taken? But instead the base had a wound counter.

Please no

Why do the based chinamen not seem to have the most common rank and file troops in their catalogues? Too low profit margins?

It'll be the launch trailer.

Skaven look out of place in Warhammer.

How can one elf be so based?

High Elves will get slaughtered in their own trailer.

Allright who else is gonna play Skrolk first thing after release?

#

Queek or Malekith. Not sure which.

Queen Queek.

Not the arranged marriage the Prince had in mind, but if it will bring peace...

What's that text on the banner? It looks vaguely like Darktounge.

Did she enjoy it?

>hung in a thick fug

Heh

Do I ask about Warmaster here? I'm curious about differences/preferences/opinions between the living rulebook community update vs the original rules and updates from gw.

I prefer 15mm or 6mm personally, larger scale battles that are less fiddly to move around, more abstract rules are faster to play and easier to teach my friends.

Define improved. 15mm would make for smaller units and thus more maneuvering. But if you are in it mostly for the modelling and converting, the scale shits on you.

>she

You should thank-praise Queek for saving you from a trap-trap

Those knights are quality figures. I'd like to get my hands on some more, but the helmeted ones are fairly rare.

are they not sold by Foundry?

Skavanon art when?

I suppose you can, but I can't remember the last time anyone really talked about it, where at least WFB is talked about sometimes.

Am I the only one to think that Queek looks more like a tasmanian devil than a rat?

Not all of them, no.

uhm, you just posted a rat

>trap(elf)

Doesn't even count as a trap

On that not: does somebody have a good source for 15mm fantasy stuff?

ah ok, I was thinking of the older 13th century type ones.

He's a new, more evolved form of rat. Stronger, quicker, bigger, more primal. Soon, they'll be the primary form of Skaven.

>primal
>primary
>primaris

Man I'm glad I got away from 40k.

>how to improve wfb
>turn it into kow
Makes you ponder don't it?

is there a highres version of this?

Ebin.

But to real though, just a fun fact, T. Devils are marsupials while rats are rodents

Wud u pat a rat?

Jesus, what a manchild.

Anybody have a copy of the fan made Regiments of Renown book for WFRP2? Somebody mentioned it in the thread yesterday but it's not in the pastebins and all of the googling I was doing only pointed me toward the official skirmish game.

With a gat.

You're in luck, friend.

Daily reminder that when Thanqoul accidently summoned Skarbrand, him and Queek dipped their heads and cowered together from the sight of Skarbrand. Both of them high tailed it out of there but not before Thanqoul pushed Queek forward.

>Both of them high tailed it out of there but not before Thanqoul pushed Queek forward.

It's what I would do

Greater daemons can drive people insane just by them being seen, and Skarbrand is a daemon's daemon.

Daily reminder that Skarbrand is a little bitch that got MALEKITH'D in less than a paragraph.

It was more impressive when Gotrek did it.

Most based elf ever
>mfw the last words of the warhammer universe were Mal shitposting at Tyrion and Alarielle

How could you justify playing as the State Troops of a city-state on the tabletop? As far as I understand, they're meant to be garrisoning forces, and it's hard to explain every other army coming to fight them all the time.

Speaking of the best rat, anyone have his book series, preferably in epub?

Malekith is underrated.

You can push the definition of a "garrison", and have them patroling the outskirts of their city-state, to protect X village from Y's raid

Or just detachments from the city-state being called for war under the Imperial army, leaving part of the regiment to do the actual garrisoning

You're a true asset to the people of this general.

>Talabheim
>Not red and yellow
>Covered in Sigmar imagery
>Reikland shield patterns
Am I being deceived?

Talabheim =/= Talabecland

The major capitals usually have different heraldry than their actual provinces

Same deal with Altdorf and Middenheim

Gotrek never fought Skarbrand. He fought a random BT.

Not that guy, but thanks.

Most of the major cities have their own uniforms, especially if they're technically city-states within the province. It might be just for flavor to help justify custom colors on a city basis, it might be so that you can have different colors if you hate the colors of the provinces but like their fluff.

Dwarflets — when will they learn?

This reads like a Chinese ripoff of Malus Darkblade.

Grail Pilgrims are the most interesting thing about Bretonnia.

Makes sense, I just thought it was weird that Talabheimers have basically the exact same uniform as Reiklanders.

You mean french flavored flagellants?

Flagellants barely wear armor and are mostly just cannon fodder. All peasants are cannon fodder in Bretonnia, but Grail Pilgrims can actually dish out some damage and won't break because three beastmen are charging your twenty-man unit.

I kind of wish the setting would explain more about the role of Grail worship in Bretonnia. There's clearly more to the cult of the Grail than grail knights and damsels, seeing as there are abbeys for skaven to attack.

As far as I understand it, grail chapels are fairly common - sometimes guarded by Grail Knights, other times staffed by Damsels, or just fallen to neglect, because Bretonnians build more grail chapels than castles.

Technically the only true priesthood of the Lady are the Prophetesses and Damsels, with Grail Knights acting as living embodiments of her will. But Grail Pilgrims will sometimes take up the role of preachers, either going from town to town or setting up in a grail chapel.

But that's about it. For how central the religion is to Bretonnia, it doesn't seem to have much depth, and it's not even clear how most people even worship the Lady beyond prayers before battle and holidays.

Read the fucking army books, faggots. They explain all this shit. Then go play your video game, come back here, and rehash the same nerd discussions about the lore of this game you haven't touched in years. Spergs.

La Maisontaal is an abbey of Taal and the fluff is older than the Lady.

I love Grail Reliquaries a lot.

Read Knights of the Grail, it goes into it a bit.

Adapting The Enemy Within for WFRP 2e

So, The Enemy Within is recognized by many of the oldheads in the RPG world as a rather fine campaign (some folks even go so far as to say it's legendary - one of the best - probably a stretch). It's the key to reproducing that "Call of Cthulhu in a Fantasyverse" feeling, and with some 80s-style nostalgia/retro quality. The first three books (and the prologue) are phenomenal.

And a quick note: I am not talking about The Enemy Within for 3rd edition. That's a totally different story trying to live off the brand of The Enemy Within from 1st Edition Warhammer Fantasy.

Here, I've compiled some helpful supplements for any enterprising GM who wants to run The Enemy Within in 2nd edition:

>The Enemy Within: A Companion
scribd.com/doc/220147580/The-Enemy-Within-A-Companion

Almost necessary for making the later books work and super helpful for a new GM. Something Rotten in Kislev (the fourth book) is a complete tonal divorce from the first three books, and the alternatives offered in the Companion are great.

>Winds of Chaos Stat Sheets
windsofchaos.com/?page_id=19

You'll find some PDFs at the bottom They adapt named characters from the campaign to 2nd edition stat blocks.

>Story Advice
The 1st Edition Karl-Franz is a grand departure from the 2nd Edition Karl. A sick, weakened, (and ultimately dying) hermit king who has cucked on the Mutant Question (at the beginning of the campaign, Mutant Hunting has been made illegal). To sort this out, I suggest setting the campaign just before Karl-Franz has ascended to the throne, and his father, Luitpold I, is Emperor. In addition, as the end of the campaign is a total clusterfuck of coincidences and noble births, I've scrapped the whole "reincarnation of Sigmar" angle. Instead, Karl-Franz has an older brother (the mutated Crown Prince Wolfgang), and his death allows Karl's inheritance.

Taking the bait, but do you think it's even easy to find people to play tabletop games with anymore? It's even worse if you aren't on the coasts.

Neat, thank you. I'll have to read through it. Sadly, I'm new to this and never read the Enemy Within first edition, but I'll try to catch up. Thank you for the work.

It has a super simple start that works for any crew of low level careers and slowly ramps you up, introducing you to the politics, cults, etc. of the Empire.

You have the choice of becoming a slave to skaven, dark elfs or chaos dwarfs, who do you choose?

i got u senpai, what do you need, all of it?

I would go with the Chaos Dwarfs less chance of either being tortured to death eaten used for warpstone experiments or all of the above.

Why the hell is everything for the Empire (or free companies or whatever the dumb fuck-up they did now) so expensive? I'm looking to get some greatswords and i can't find them for anything less than 60 fucking dollars.

I'm sure someone else posted this already but I just noticed in the Skaven trailer that not only does the bell toll exactly 13 times but the Skaven are the 13th playable race to be revealed

Dark elves, I want a shot at breeding a bloodwrack.

Because age of sigmar is for a demographic that doesn't buy anything but instead gets it bought for them.

So can anyone tell me some azhag the slaughterer lore please

Going for a Brettonia run. Should I be cramming as many knights into an army as I can, with some ranged peasant backup, or go lots of peasants with smaller, elite knight units deployed at crucial points?

It's getting expensive for the Empire? I would have figured they'd be cheaper yet for a while, at least compared to Brets or Tomb Kings.

Just for you.

I personally prefer the latter - it's easier to micromanage and not waste cavalry - but the former is easier if you don't want to break the back of your peasant economy, and to allow you to field more armies overall. I'd recommend just trying both out and seeing what you feel works best, but if you're just starting out, go with peasants and try and make them work. They can surprise you.

Usualy i build my Bret armies with 5 melee inf 4 archers and a catapult then fill the rest with Knights this generaly gives you enough of an anvil for your Knights to do the dirty work.

Remember that the only Bretonnian infantry worth fielding is the Grail Pilgrim and Grail Reliquae

>not using based peasants with polearms.
it's like you want to be a scrub.

Just as planned-planned.

Azagh: leader, warrior, philosopher.

Peasants with Polearms are useful anti-armor, along with Foot Squires - but the Polearms don't need a blacksmith. Any infantry with shields has some use, mainly because they're survivable enough they can hold the enemy so your cavalry can pull away and charge again. Even peasant mobs make useful enough arrow fodder and the occasional 'shit shit shit I'm being invaded, better throw as many bodies at is as I can that I don't care about' moment.

Pretty much the only unit I've never found useful are Men-at-Arms with swords (without shields). With shields they're lesser Grail Pilgrims, without they're Peasant Mobs with much higher costs and less bodies - weak to near-uselessness, but not cheap enough to not care if they're thrown away or raised en masse. Even Men-at-Arms with spears (without shields) at least still have charge defense.

Alright /wfb/urgers, what changes or inclusions would you like to see in WFRP 4ed?

Damn. I was hoping CA would troll everyone and have the fourth race be tomb kings. Guess, we'll have to wait till expansion pack 3 for them, along side Ogres and...and errr Chaos Dwarfs?.

As far as I'm considered they could just copy/paste everything from 2e, add some more careers, new splatbooks, and make some more scenarios and campaign book and I'd be perfectly happy.

Generally I've been pretty happy with 2e, and all I really want is expansion on concepts that never got fully explored - the various flavors of Elves, Ogres, stuff like that.

Sure, but the last two would be better since I didn't like the first one.

Thanks in advance.

At least one 'What If' splat or section that explores different ideas for the settig GMs could try if they wanted to play different timelines - including a few careers for Bloodbowl players.

>we'll have to wait till expansion pack 3
Tomb Kings is guaranteed DLC considering Southlands is in.

Oh, and I'd be happy if 4e didn't have so many unexplained things. I get it's so that GMs can fill in the blanks for their own adventures, but it bothers me when some of the only known locations and characters are half-mystery.

What sort of traps and occupants of an elven Temple of Khaine currently occupied by human squatters might you expect to find?

Does anyone have a link to all the White Dwarfs? I thought there was one in the OP, but going through it I haven't found yet.