Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Warhammer 40k /40kg/: Admech are the new Orkz/Tyranids edition.

Last Thread:
>

>Necromunda is returning, much to sister player's butthurt
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos keeps losing and even GW begging can't help it. Lost again!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign. Hell, maybe you'll even play (no you won't)
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

anvilindustry.co.uk/Miniatures-of-the-North/Tox-Troopers/Tox-Trooper-Squad
pastebin.com/uvizJka4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Waluigi Orks

Rate my shitty list. Dropped most of gun drones for shield drones and support turrets for more fire warriors. Should a one unit unit of my crisis suits carry flamers instead of blasters?

Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [61 PL, 1000pts]

HQ
Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight

Ethereal [3 PL, 50pts]: Honour blade, Hover Drone

Troops
Strike Team [4 PL, 59pts]: MV1 Gun Drone, MV36 Guardian Drone
- Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle
- 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [4 PL, 56pts]: MV1 Gun Drone, MV36 Guardian Drone
- Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
- 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [3 PL, 40pts]: 5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [3 PL, 40pts]: 5x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Elites
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [14 PL, 237pts]: 6x MV4 Shield Drone
- Crisis Shas'ui: Fusion blaster
- Crisis Shas'vre: Fusion blaster

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [14 PL, 237pts]: 6x MV4 Shield Drone
- Crisis Shas'vre: Fusion blaster

Fast Attack
Pathfinder Team [4 PL, 48pts]: MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
- 4x Pathfinder: 4x Markerlight
- Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 40pts]
- 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

Dedicated Transport
TY7 Devilfish [7 PL, 151pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Burst cannon

Total: [61 PL, 1000pts]

Who gives a shit

Didn't get this answered last thread so I'll just post it here.

So I am otherwise disappointed with what has become of Blood Angels but warming up to the idea of more fluff-play. Going to need to get more Sanguinary Priests and I am already painting up my Sanguinary Guard. But now I am thinking more on my assault dudes like Death Company and so on and wondering just how viable it is to equip some of them with inferno pistols. Obviously giving one Thunderhammer to a DC squad is well worth it but there is also something really good about having a DC marine being able to make two attacks with chainsword (3 if charging) and one attack with an inferno pistol with that bonus to being within melta range.

Even Hand Flamers seem kinda worth it now, even at S3 but with the possibility to hit 3 guys with it in combat it might be fair for the cost.

Thoughts?

Would the guy with the thunder hammer work as a chapter master?

Or maybe 8th company captain?

Man that'd be a awful color scheme.

>Thoughts?
Is there a actual question in that pile of opinions?

Any blinged-up Marine will make do for a Chapter Master

Tempted to try painting my noise marines something very similar to pic related

If I had to guess which of those four was a chapter master, I'm have gone with the chap with a headcrest.

It takes a lot of skill to paint a bad scheme well, 90% just end up a smear of colour at TT range.

My problem is I have ideas for ten captains but there's one model extra that I cant fit in my plans.

Since the guy with the thunder hammer is the most blinged up ( has heresy era gear) I thought maybe it'd be a good chapter master.

The problem is that's the only model with sculpted 2nd company parts.

Post these.

How good is a flamer heavy IG army? I want to run a bunch of infantry squads with Flamers in Chimeras with 2 H. Flamers, backed up by Vets with Flamers and Banewolf/Hellhounds.

Pic related is what I want to use instead of fugly Cadians

nid hat nid hat nid hat nid hat

DC base atk are 2.They will need a lot of buff for maximum rips and tears like Sanguinor, Sanguinary Priest, Lermates, Unleash Rage. Also Hand Flamer sucks.

Please post more coffe mug pics! i need to build up my collection

Since combi weapons can fire an unlimited amount of times now, is there any reason to choose the dedicated special weapons instead of combi-weapons whenever possible?

are those tau or deathguard? or nurgle cultists?

It will struggle. People are faggots and bring things like Knights and Baneblades and everyone dick rides gay robots, so you'll have trouble doing enough damage to these dumpster models.

Sauce on this?

Those make 10/10 nurgle cultists or nurgle allied IG

Third party Not!-nurgle traitor guard.

The rules?

Me, that's why I am asking

To double up on a special weapon of course. 5 man squad with 2 Plasma Guns basically.

8th ed.

Speaking of which, what would be a good list for waluigi orks?

Best units/proxies/conversions to represent an Exodite Eldar list? I'm happy using rules from across all the Eldar factions

Fucking retards.

they are 90% spot on, though.. that big blank space at the bottom of the helmet just scream for a fuckign re-breather or mask filter instead of a flat area.

The special weapons are usually 3pts cheaper than their combi version.

What kind of Exodites?
The meme Dino rider Exodites or The dudes who fucked off before everything went to shit?

because the former is obviously Lizardmen

Stop posting you waste of skin.

Any Chaplin whether a named character or just a regular one seems pretty mandatory for a DC squad. And for that matter it seems like any BA army needs 2 or so Sanguinary Priests. I never really ran inferno pistols in 7th but they seem worth it now. I just want to know other peoples opinions on them if they are a good investment.

Cold one rider shining spears.

T-rex dino rider Wraithknight.

Dryad Wraithguards.
Ect-

Can Sternguard fire special ammo on combi weapons?

Availability, not paying 3 extra points for a boltgun you'll never use

How good of a recaster is Zanchui? Thinking of getting some of the old Finecrap stuff from him, is he better than GW's quality or should I just be a good goy and buy the officials?

I need help expanding my Admech. I currently have 3 Dunecrawlers, 30 Rangees/Vanguard, 3 Destroyers, and 2 Techpriest Dominusessisusses. I'm not sure what to buy next. I keep hearing Infiltrators, ruststalkers and electropriests are shit. I'm tempted to buy Kastellans but the models are so fucking ugly.

I'm not a space Maine player, but do sternguard still have special ammo outside the strategem

He sucks, there are far better recasts around

Damn, he's the only one I know of that sells what I want. I'd go with Miranda Irene normally but she doesn't seem to have the specific model I want...

Pretty good, probably in the top 5 of recasters

AFAIK he varies from "whoops, wait 5 weeks for do-over to arrive" to adequate quality.

Really, he's who you go to is you don't know any other re-casters, have no money (but still play warhammer) and you will literally die if you cannot field your FW unit of choice.

Z is pretty good, he changed his resin this year and the results are much better than they used to be

No longer that dark grey brittle shit?

I have contacts of a lot of the guys (even stuff like WHS, with metal recasted miniatures)
But they come at a price
Psh, nothing personell, kiddo

What's better with berserker, a dark apostle, or an exalted champion?

Both.

Any help deciding what color do I paint the gun casings?

Some oprions are:

>Dark bronze
>Black
>Dark greenish blue (inspired from Imperial Armour)
>Dark red

They're human Tox Troopers sold by anvil industry. They are a tad bit cheaper than regular Cadians, and look cooler. The idea for my army is that they are the survivors of a war with Nurgle on their planet, and are thus best suited at fighting in toxic or viral conditions. Thus the hazmat suits.
anvilindustry.co.uk/Miniatures-of-the-North/Tox-Troopers/Tox-Trooper-Squad

Honestly, I have the exact opposite problem. All the people at my store love running huge blobs of troops or hyper elite forces like GK or SM.

My meta features:
>Chaos Undivded Daemons(Blood Letters, Plague Bearers, Khorne Hounds)
>DKoK/Imperial Guard troops
>Genestealer Spam backed by a few big bugs
>Termagaunt spam

Or

>Grey Knights
>Chaos Space Wolves
>Tau
>Death Watch/w Primaris

Here's my theoretical list:

pastebin.com/uvizJka4

Note the HK missiles on all the Chimera's; thats my hopeful anti-tank. Otherwise, I might skip out on them and run a squad of Melta-Scions or a few Lascannon teams.

Ideally, both.

Little brighter, bluish color.

I got a porphyrion from him that was immaculate recently

Lermates and Sanguinary Priests is a must. They are not as savage as they was in the 7th but still pretty good. So yeah, quite a good investment.

Who else is doing the mission today?

What are you bringing?

>having trouble with knights or baneblades
have you tried not playing a shit list/army?

I'm running two squads in two rhinos, 9 zerks in each, apostle in one, champ in the other.

Primaris are Custodes sized which is pretty retarded if normal marines are like 7 feet tall

No as their Boltgun is special. To get a Combi, you must trade in your special Boltgun.

Do you have any others you'd recommend that sell some finecast stuff?

They only have one special bullet type instead of the old 3.

If you're going c.Flamer go for it as you'll just get 2 Bolter shots at -1 To Hit

But Combis let squads / characters take an extra special weapon when you normally couldn't.

>primaris marines are as tall as most primarchs
wat

It's not ridiculous, Mk X is pretty clearly based on toned down custodes armor, look at the normal chest piece and the legs on the Chaplain

Marines are 8 feet tall in armour. They are about 7'6" without it.

I was briefly considering that, but I prefer flamers and a sort of blitzkrieg assault over the slow, grinding playstyle of Death Guard or Nurgle Daemons. Thats where I came up with the idea of a Guard Regiment that after fighting off a nurglite invasion, that they became specialized in mechanical warfare, striking at slower oppenants, and than retreating. Their colors are going to be a match to the DG color scheme, with their robes being a sickly green, and their helmets being a darker green. Optics are going to be Red, guns are either metallic or brass. Brass might be too nurglite though.

Eh, it doesn't bother me too much; on the back of the model, the tube leads to a sealed air capsule, or filter. With who and how they fight, it makes sense that rebreathers wouldn't work as well.

So with all the new lore in 8th, did we ever determine if Moloch is a Primaris or a Custodian in disguise?

Seconding this, the Knight I got, along with the resin upgrade bits, were nearly flawless aside from the usual flash. Minimal bubbles, too.

Infiltrators, ruststalkers, and electro priests all have their place. We need melee units to keep things out of our lines.
Kastelans are great. You could always convert the heads or add pauldrons or something.
Cawl is good.

I don't think they've expanded on it as of yet. I am curious though. Leaning towards custodian myself.

Those would look good. It ot wasn't for the shit head.

..while they can differ in size drastically, depending on their natural given genes and how good they can take the treatments that make them Astartes.

Nearest "local" Gw is 235 miles away, there is another 152 miles out, but I'd need to bring my passport, and it's expired.

I don't have trouble with those. I'm saying Flamers will, you idiot.

The spear is convincing but I almost feel like a new early dethaw Primaris would be easier for the High Lord's to use as an attack dog than a Proud and Noble Custodian

THEN AGAIN he could just be a super big beef dude like the Exorcist chapter master, who iirc is decribed as "as big as an Ogryn"

Well, fucking obviously there will be deviations to the standard but we're talking generally, genius.

Where do you live? Oil platform on the ocean or something?

>Exorcist chapter master
That the guy with the S10 Hammer?

Yesss. I kind of want to use him allied in my Guard as hes now just a super beef Deny battery.

>a Primaris or a Custodian in disguise?
No, stop reading too much into shit. He's just a big guy. This happens with space marines sometimes.

>Fuckheug space marine with super amazing golden armor and a straight up Custodian spear in a position of unparalleled authority backed by the High Lord's themselves
I mean you're probably right but that doesn't activate your almonds even a LITTLE?

Well, alright that is a bit questionable. I wasn't fully aware of Moloc's lore.

IG players, do you even use commmand squads?

I mean before we had to take them, but now I'm leery of a 4 man squad of vets that'll just get shot off the board if anyone looks at them funny, so why would I put medpacks or standards on them, which means why would I ever take them.

Only thing I can think off it just cramming them with special weapons and shoving them on a Chimera, but wouldn't a special weapon squad with a demo charge work better?

>the planet broke before the Imperial Guard did
right in the feels

The spear shoots lasers, dude

Not long ago I played a match with 3 DC squads equipped with a Thunderhammer each. Brought with them a Dreadnough, Astorath, and a Priest. When I dropped them in they managed to cleave right through my Opponents HQ defenses and the Dreadnought managed to take him out. Granted next turn my guys were all but wiped out (6+ FNP rarely does them any favors.)

They did what I wanted them to do but it's a huge point sink and only really lasted for one turn. I would really like it if they got their +5 FNP save back. I would even settle if they gained it if a Chaplin was close to them or if they gained some other benefit when being with a Chaplin. Also them having any kind of moral check is dumb.

calling people who play knights and baneblades fags makes you sound like a salty cunt who can't beat them.

Oh, guess my info is outdated, only GW in my country has shut down.

lord of contagion is such a good looking model, I hope the codex makes him viable instead of just taking typhus for a lower cost.

Just use him as a chaos lord desu

....then why would you just shoot down his theory if you don't know jack shit about the topic?

Not like Cadians look any better with their bobble heads.

Because people tend to make dumb theories about the lore based on reaching really hard all the time, and there are canonically regular ass space marines that are just fuckhuge because reasons.

You can just say you were triggered over nothing

Would you consider the bionic arm here to be a lightning claw or a power fist?