Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Android Edition
How are you planning to use androids in your starfinder games?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B0015IQO2O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1).
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/swashbuckler
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cord- of-stubborn-resolve/
youtu.be/0PHMkR-RHA8
pastebin.com/qcf3J758
pastebin.com/zesx3Fn1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fapbait Zombies.

Busty bombshells and slender tsunderes whose circuit tattoos glow when she's "blushing."

Assassin who can be hacked and subsequently seduced

People like any other race, whose members can be found in all walks of life.

Can I play a Ratfolk as if he was a Skaven?

Wait, srly? is bard so good in this AP?

Do you want to play in Pathfinder, or Starfinder? Because the answer to both is "yes, but..."

Vocational path advisers.

I assume he is referring to the fact Jade Regent has a relationship mechanic built around skills and attributes the Bard is optimized for. A well-built bard is going to have their pick of the NPCs as lovers.

Plus some of the best magic items are multiple skill dependant and diplomacy dependant (motherfucking tea drinking kit)

Can a Ratfolk be cursed with being a Wererat?

Pathfinder.

Sure, turns them into a more monstrous form that can curse other humanoids.

Yes, but ratfolk really don't have the same endurance for disease, lack magitech and can't stormvermin because they are small and lack massive strength bonuses. Also fluff wise they are nowhere near as malevolent, schemey or retarded and lack rampant mutations.

>Ratfolk are communal by nature, living in colonies of up to 100 adults. They make their homes either on the road in traveling caravans, in the sewers and slums of large cities, or in subterranean caves. Their warrens are complex enough to easily hide their hoards or escape from enemies. Ratfolk merchants trawl markets for intriguing items, which they value over money. Ratfolk have an affinity for all kinds of rodents, including rats and dire rats, and they excel at tinkering and alchemy. Although not known for their trickery (they take great pride in their professionalism when dealing with other races), they are not above using their size and numbers to outwit or outmaneuver an enemy when threatened

>On Golarion, ratfolk are found in great numbers in the Darklands beneath the continent of Tian Xia, where they rule their own empire, Diguo-Dashu, in the caverns of Sekamina. These ratfolk declared war on Imperial Lung Wa in 4251 AR and seized a dozen cities before the Imperial Army drove them back into the deeps and sealed the entrances to the Darklands behind them.

Throw in a touch of Demonic Corruption and an alignment shift to Chaotic Evil, and you can easily make a Ratfolk come across as Skaven.

I was thinking Bloodrager, and got the idea of being Ragebred from this thread.

Going to call him G. Dorf.

Considering their nature I'm shocked that it's not a more common occurrence for that kind of thing to happen more often.

I'm also somewhat sad that you can't be like a Raksasha and go FULL RAT with a bloodline or something...

So I'm planning on dropping quite a bit of coin to effectively run a game (as a first time GM) in Starfinder. I think I have everything I need, except for pawns. Those I'll have to buy with my next paycheck.

But is there anything else I'm missing?

I want to play as the trusty Android sidekick of another character!

By renaming them bioroids and adding an actual android/robot race as well.

How do I MGSV Raiden in Starfinder?

I think that's about everything. Are you sure about the CRB, though? There are a number of confirmed errors, and it'll likely see errata before long.

Do Goblins exist in multiple color variations in the same tribe? Or is a single Tribe all the same color of Goblin?

I mean, you need the CRB to play the game... so yes?

If errors get errata'd out then I'll make the appropriate changes as necessary.

Check that mat against this one (amazon.com/gp/product/B0015IQO2O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I use that one and love it, other than that you've got a great starter kit.

>You then end up with equal AC and equal to-hit, but one damage less. What's the point?
You have the same melee attack bonus, but +1 more ranged attack bonus should you ever choose to use a ranged weapon or thrown weapon, +1 more initiative, +1 to all DEX skills (which include class skills like stealth and acrobatics), extra 5 feet of movement, +1 reflex save (your bad save), qualify for Spring Attack or Nimble Moves earlier if you want, without needing to buy your Personal Upgrade at level 3 for Dex (buy it for STR instead and you're at 18 STR).
You're also using light armor, so your speed isn't inhibited for closing to engage, I can't find anything that suggests that the heavy armor penalty to speed does NOT affect stellar rush or flight or anything else. (If someone does find that, please give me the page number, would be good to know!).

In longer terms it sets you up to get 18 DEX, 18 STR at level 5 (meaning you're at 20 with Personal Upgrade), instead of 19/21 STR (no change in modifier bonus) and 16 DEX (one behind). That is a bit less relevant for Level 1 optimizing though.

>Ranged weapons can't make attacks of opportunity, while screwing over ranged/caster people is the entire point of reach.
>It prevents guarded step from protecting your enemies from AoO's caused by ranged attacks or spellcasting.
Fair counterpoints, both of these. There is definitely some merit to that.
I would like to point out that unless you're really planning on using a 1d8piercing pike for your entire career (or rather, investing in them at levels 1/9/15 ), investing in Step Up and Step Up and Strike will probably be a good idea for most melee characters. Besides the monowhip at level 15, the only other melee weapons with reach are unwieldy. But I'm willing to concede I can see the argument for them at level 1.

That one is cool too, but the one I have in my cart also helps push my order to over $100 and makes it all qualify for free shipping.

I'm just saying, you could opt for the PDF on that one. Would make it the odd book out among the rest, though. Your call, really.

Sounds good, have fun and good luck with your first time being dungeon master!

I have the PDF, but I don't have a tablet or anything. So rather than spend $60-$100 to get a decent tablet, I'll just buy the book.

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to playing in this setting. Sci-fi/Sci-Fan is my favorite genre.

i'm pretty new to pathfinder and one of my players asked me if he can play a swashbuckler (starting at level 1), he said he wasnt sure if he needed some prerequisites before.

So, I ask you who know much more than me, can he start as a half-elf swashbuckler lvl 1?

(sorry if my grammar isnt good, not my first language)

Good man

But are they still a badass assassin?

Sure, swashbuckler is a base class in Pathfinder, not a prestige class.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/swashbuckler

He could totally start as a swashbuckler. He's just going to be complete trash, since it's a garbage class.

thanks!

>or thrown weapon
They're STR-based in Starfinder.
The others are fair points, though.

I showed my friend who has a pathfinder boner the starfinder thread

he ejaculated through his trousers and onto my ceiling...

fuck starfinder

That's pretty impressive, honestly.

Players new to the game are going to be trash regardless of what class you are, the only real discrepancy starts when you start getting to higher levels of system mastery.

Sounds like you only have yourself to blame for that one.

he reacts like that if he learns that URF is on League too...

>Armor spikes are great for polearm users
>they're also edgy as fuck

How do I noblebright armor spikes? Or is this another price of the Goodly Path?

Your friend should probably consult a urologist.

How is being armed well edgy? Ya think that russian bear hunters were big on cutting themselves and Bullet for My Valentine?

When can I expect to get this realistically speaking?
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cord- of-stubborn-resolve/

Any choose Starfinder minmax/cheese builds yet?

Is Teehee Macaroni going to be in Starfinder?

Melee envoy

The autist who 'optimizes' chose to 'unoptimize' because he doesn't like the class, and sacrifices feats and overall effectiveness for one more point of damage.

Big surprise.

How does that work?

>Not calling them Realians

It's like you don't want to run a Xenosaga campaign

There's a 18/14 str dex Technomancer build going around that puts out some of the highest damage we've seen so far.

have we got class/race numbers and abilities yet?

Be an envoy, pick up the best melee weapon you can afford and go to town. It's pretty hard to fuck up and has the highest DPR anybody's found for a core starfinder character.

What's the build? You have my interdast.

Were they inspirational heroes?

>read that as marconi
"I thought I ran you outta town, Teehee Marconi. After you botched the drumlin job, even your own thugs wanted you out."

>tfw no mafia game

Mafia game will come once Starfinder gets a little more established.

And it will be a bamboozle as all crime/heist games end up being.

They went hunting for bears with spears and dinky not-even-sure-if-they-hurt-the-damned-things peashooters. What do you think?

Go with a rose/floral theme for your armour, the spikes are the thorns.

That's just Aballonians.

Like... how many there are? Average DPR? We've got a bit, but not enough to be definitive yet.
I don't recall precisely, I saw it in passing. Something to do with advanced melee weapons, iirc.

That's only because fantasy is a shitty medium for gang/crime campaigns .

Is the spell chache free? It doesnt explicitly state it like it does in PF but it does say you created it.

They're going to be trash because sometimes the trap options aren't apparent, and likely because people don't tell them what's shit and why. There's also cases of the newbie with half a brain who takes Power Attack and 18 Strength on a Barbarian and proceeds to shitstomp everything.

With a DM and players new to the system, I imagine down the line they're going to end up in that weird place where people think the swashbuckler is OP. This is because with all parties involved being so new the player will half-read his abilities and assume he can use all of his swash toys every round forever without realizing how action economy choked the class really is and the DM won't know enough to correct him.

>people don't actually read what an ability does
>they then think it's OP and will yell about it

fair point, I know how that goes

I love visiting rando roll20 pugs and reading about their custom rules.
>10PB EVERYTHING OK EXCEPT OP ORACLES!

It's so you can FEEL THE CLIMB TO POWER.

>1) 2/3rds of the party competing to fill the same role - deal a ton of damage.
Hardly unusual in a Paizo-finder system. Besides that, 3/4ths of the party focusing on "deal big damage" worked out perfectly fine in the initial party.

>2) No party synergy for skill checks (which you, the human solarian, were in the best position to do with your social class skills and skill adept to pick up whatever else was needed)
Durable, melee frontliners in Starfinders are not going to be doing much in the way of skills anyway.

>no solar armor/weapon
A tactical pike was superior to a solar weapon at the level in question, and likewise, hidden soldier armor was the better option for AC given Heavy Armor Proficiency.

>no solar revelations
Black Hole and Supernova were the only stellar revelations available. An opportunity for neither revelation ever came up, so they would not have seen use even on a higher-Charisma solarian.

>no skill adept
All this does is grant two more class skills on a class that has only 4 base skill points and no reason to raise Intelligence beyond 10.

>If you had been a Blitz Soldier, you would have been similarly fucked in a party like this, because you would have made the same mistakes, had the same lack of synergy, and still would have had bad dice luck.
On the contrary, I would have had 8 higher initiative (from Blitz and from freeing up a feat which then goes into Improved Initiative) and 10 more speed, which would have allowed me to outmaneuver enemies more aptly, particularly given a powerful reach weapon. I also would have had more Resolve Points with which to prevent my character from dying on their own.

>as money you save from that you can invest directly into Personal Upgrades
Personal upgrades are not available until 2nd level at the very earliest. Even then, they are so limited in applicability to characters that aiming for a physical weapon + physical armor setup on a solarian is still optimal until 6th level.

A chrome bro in a Hawaiian shirt (what's the pathfinder equivalent of Hawaii?) who plays groovy but uplifting music while he pilots the ship.

youtu.be/0PHMkR-RHA8

>It does give up 1 point of damage though by going 16 STR, but you can use that feat on Weapon Focus.
I was already taking Weapon Focus. Strength 18 meant higher attack and higher damage, thereby making it an ideal investment in a 1:1 point buy scheme.

>...would have given him a free hand to hold a healing potion or a small arm, lost [1] damage, and cost 475 starting wealth he could have bought a ranged weapon for those spread out enemies or for "reach".
I was able to make a melee attack every single round thanks to starting positioning. Ranged attacks were never a concern. Likewise, at no point in any battle was there a point wherein using a serum of healing mk 1 would have been more optimal than simply attacking.

>Or he could have spent that extra money and bought Iridishell basic armor for +1 KAC
Iridishell costs an extra 290 credits for +1 KAC over hidden soldier armor. It simply was not worth the benefit.

>Now the reach weapon is not a bad thing
>nor does the pike give you an AoO against a guarded step or withdraw, so I have to wonder how much he got out of it
The reach weapon actually was a good thing. Reach in Starfinder allows you to attack adjacent opponents, and thus 10 feet of reach with a tactical pike is a major threat (no pun intended) against ranged attackers and spellcasters. That is definitely something to consider purchasing.

>I would like to point out that the damage is an auto-hit 2d6+1 to everyone in 10ft radius, aka Pike range
Supernova is ally-unfriendly, it works on a charge mechanic (you can use it only during your third turn, minimum), and using it makes you unattuned. It would have been of questionable utility even with Charisma 14.

>Not reploids

Fellas, I'm gonna be going into a campaign soon. My party's a Barbarian, a Destruction Sphere focused Mageknight, a Conjuration Wizard, and a Witch who seems to be focused on healing and buffing with a little bit of debuffing. I'm going in as a Divine Heretic Warpriest. I already get the War Sphere free, what other Sphere should I get?

>remembering that Jaunt Boots got nerfed too

sometimes you just wonder "why", and realize there was no reason why

/pgg/ I need some advice.

I'm a moderately experienced GM and I've decided to take on the challenge of running an evil campaign. All of the players are down and we've set the tome and limits of the campaign (quest for power, slightly more serious, anything below rape goes). The issue is one of the players wants to play a vampire. Since the first part of the campaign takes place in an underground world it won't be too clunky with being unable to go into the sun but I'm worried there may be some unforeseen consequences. What do you guys and gals think?

Will the vampire be cute and bullyable?

The main potential issue I can see with vampirism is that it could have the potential for being overpowered, what with the ability to create Thralls and all that, but if you decide not to nerf those kinds of powers I'd suggest making it so that any minions created should ultimately be controlled by you, such as using it to give the players a free information or spy network.

As long as everyone is down with it the main issue with stuff like this is not making any player get undue attention or powers that would make them overshadow anyone else in the party, but rather instead make those things help the party as a whole.

Campaign when?

What did he mean by this?

I suggest one of these homebrew templates for the vampire:
pastebin.com/qcf3J758
pastebin.com/zesx3Fn1
They are much more manageable for a DM than the vanilla thing.
They're LA+0 so they don't alter the number of class levels.

When?

Your inability to look past immediate optimal efforts is what hamstrung your build, literally. You gained one point of damage for the sacrifice of a feat and no different armor. That's not optimization, that's OCD and as a result you are working actively to prove an in correct point..

When you convince XS to run it.

2hu also got +1 to hit from that.
+1 to hit is worth it desu.

Don't reply to 2hu.

>here, have free leadership and the thrall ability at level one!
No.

Maybe in 4e. Not in SF or PF. With a feat he could have gained +1 more to AC, a better skill set, or the ability to threaten with a gun.

>You gained one point of damage for the sacrifice of a feat and no different armor.

And 1 point of attack bonus, considering that I was already taking Weapon Focus.

I would gladly take +1 attack and +1 damage from Strength over +1 AC, initiative, and Reflex from Dexterity. At least the former would be contributing to main, offensive statistics.

Consider that I could have taken Strength 18 and Dexterity 14 and used light armor and solar armor. That would have given me 1 less AC than heavy armor, but I opted to take Heavy Armor Proficiency, because I valued the AC.

>With a feat he could have gained +1 more to AC
Dodge is not a feat, so that's not an option.
The first two feats of that character were Weapon Focus and Heavy Armour Proficiency.

I fail to see how +1 AC is somehow worth more than +1 attack.

A lack of ranged attacks was never once an issue in that session, and indeed, the tactical pike served its purpose.

Why are fetchlings forgotten about so much?

>losing AC, initiative, and Reflex save
>AND ONE FEAT
You STILL lost a feat. That's not optimal, and can hurt your character.

What kind of information would you include in a primer?
>Deities
>Short glimpse of history
>Countries
>Common Races
>Magic use

Like I said, those are my suggestions if he DOESN'T decide to nerf if. Minions should always be kept in the background of any campaign and should be utilized to assist the party as a whole.

Also remember that generally speaking Evil characters and campaigns are slightly higher in power level, partially because any semblance of remorse for saying "I like that, give it to me" is usually out the window and partially because unlike the good guys, you're usually not going to get very many loyal allies so you've got to make do with your own ability to get the job done yourself.

I'm not really sure boosting the main offensive statistic is actually the way to go in Starfinder. I'd never argue against DELETE being meta in Pathfinder, but it feels like the number adjustments will make the investment towards straight removal of your enemies too heavy here, and the increase of survivability on the player side means it's far less damning to leave enemies up for some rounds if you can mitigate damage.

Why are they called Fetchlings instead of their proper name so much?