Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1679: Internet Popularity Edition

Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

royalroadl.com/fiction/4242/world-seed/chapter/155895/epilogue-maybe-there-is-a-happy-ending
youtube.com/watch?v=O1CQ7Vwz8Eo
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-3.542233/page-405#post-38284738
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which kind of dragon are you, jumpers?

Whelp, World Seed just ended. Time to catch up I guess.

royalroadl.com/fiction/4242/world-seed/chapter/155895/epilogue-maybe-there-is-a-happy-ending

DnD silver dragon. Just because I like silver.
I dont use that altform all that often though.

Hydra when I can swing it. Though honestly the multiple heads thing tends to make me cross-eyed for a while after I switch back to Human form. Otherwise I like the Magma Dragon from Forgotten Realms. Not the most powerful choice, but there aren't a lot of baddies that have "Immunity: Lava".

About half of em

I'm wondering, but are any of you interested in a Splatoon 2 jumpchain Jump? I'm asking as it seems like the original one is not going to be updated, and Splatoon 2 really mixed things up.
(I did post as a new thread, but I kinda forgot to reput my nick in it)

>Royal Road

Man you made me remember the legendary moonlight sculptor.
Wonder if that finished already.

>Man you made me remember the legendary moonlight sculptor.

Yeah I still remember quitting at around volume 25 or so, it started to get boring there.

I don't see how they changed things.

I would play the hell out of that game if it existed.

Well, for one, there's the additions of Salmonids, and the mass revamp of the weapons.

What are some good Minor Blessings to pick in Percy Jackson?

I dropped it way before that. But I admit I liked the MC at the start.

Yeah the start was the best. Think this pic is from Volume 1...maybe 2.

I don't think things changed enough to justify another jump, but I won't tell you not to do it.

there is still the matter of time frames are the games 10 years apart?

True, but the main problem is, the original Jump is no longer updated, and the old creator kinda left. Which is why I wanted to do a new Jump - one which wouldhopefully have enough new additions to be a good worthwhile Jump to make. Especially as I'm going to add in Challenges which would alter certain events for one.

No, they're not. But the problem is that the first one was made before Splatoon 2 was made, so they didn't know about the future changes.

I am not any type of dragon yet.

DnD steel dragon. Not the most physically powerful, but better at magic.

For pure physical fuckery i use my war form from Exalted Lunars and God-Beast Trancendence.
Which can look like a dragon. Or anything else i want it to, thanks to the belt you can buy in-jump.

Highschool DxD Dragon who also happens to be Great Red's son.

Legacy of the Great War huzzah

So to those of you who have played Stellaris what is the general attitude of the other empires?

Dickish.

I am a Demon Lord. I would never debase myself with the form of a lesser being such as a dragon.

Dragon a best, both for being and for waifuing!

Dragon and Lung Dragon.

Depends on the other Empire. There are several different A.I.

I prefer wyvern, but with claws for manipulating. I'm kind of picky about having hands.

>A fanatical purifier has declared war on me
>I do my part and wipe them out to save the galaxy
>Suddenly I'm the bad guy

I am a standard western dragon pleb.

>turned around and lowered its rear legs
Do not tell me that horse just fucking sat down for the dude to climb on it.

I've only read the dedicated wiki and tropes pages, but there's apparently a really good variety of AIs, so you can meet both extreme friendlies and extreme hostiles, and everywhere in between.
They have a bunch of different preset personalities, like traders or warmongers or whathaveyou.

What you really have to look out for are the Crisis factions, which are basically like endgame bosses in Civ form. Some of those fuckers are scary.

Horses aren't a big part of Japanese popular media, apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if the average Japanese didn't know how horses worked.

Depends on the crisis faction, and how early you punch them in the teeth. Some are less of a threat than others.

The A.I. Rebellion is probably the worst all around, due to the sheer production power it has.

Don't you turn the key to get them started? Or are they a push button thing?

Pretty sure they're speech activated.

They like to crowd in on your territory and then get upset about you being too close to them. They react the same as if you had colonized close to them, only without the demands you abandon your colony. They're also scared of and thus hate you if you grow too strong, or conquer a neighbor who was antagonizing you, or help them out in a war, or generally do anything.

What are some good jumps for a Yandere jumper to start out?

Is anyone here familiar with Terry Mancour's Spellmonger series?

Are you going to post your writing?

In my experience diplomacy kind of sucks. Everyone pretty much starts out hating you unless you have xenophile, but over half of the empires in my current game are either xenophobes or extreme xenophobes. Making a federation is a bitch, once you have 1 member adding another is nearly impossible because everyone auto-hates each other, border friction is a bitch because they hate you and, for some of the more powerful ones, you can even see how their border slowly consumes your own and cuts you off from your own stuff.

Depends. Are you all about your senpai, or knifing the bitches around him?

So basically, it's just best to go Militarist and Extreme Xenophobe.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1CQ7Vwz8Eo

Stuff with dimensional travel are good places to start.

Other than that, maybe a jump with a good "you get stronger when you're protecting someone you care about" perk, since you'll probably have a pretty fluid definition of "protecting."

Do Jojo first, take "Bond of the Soul" or whatever it's called. Fluff that the person who you keep meeting alternate versions of is the target of your affection, and you're pursuing their soul between worlds.

I've seen about 4 empires in my game who have those two together, so pretty much. Get a warhammer mod for extra fun, go full Imperium

>forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-3.542233/page-405#post-38284738
>hurr I can use a game mechanic to dubiously obtain unlimited power
>lol I'm just gonna wank that whatever game mechanics are most convenient to me can somehow be found in the world and that I can arbitrarily choose certain games to take precedence
Sometimes people claim that this thread is just as bad in powerwanking as SB. Those people are retarded.

Fuck off timmy.

>you can even see how their border slowly consumes your own and cuts you off from your own stuff.
Get more border techs and build more frontier outposts.
You can use this exact tactic against the enemy.

How tomboyish or girlish is/are your waifu/waifus?

It was my first game and I didn't have the supplies. The outposts didn't actually help anyways, those were what they were encroaching on and I lost all the nearby systems.

My deredachis are a spectrum and representation of all

So right now I have the poorly named clairvoyance from Railgun and blue vision from strode. Anyone know any other good precog perks/powers?

Outposts don't do a whole lot by themselves, but each outpost gets more effective the more other Outposts/Claimed Worlds are close by.

They run the gamut.

In Majikoi and Strike Witches, for combat precog. Then there's The Sight from JLD for more long-term stuff. Though honestly you don't really need anything else if you have the one from Railgun.

I was going to ignore the question with the thought that "I don't have a waifu."
But then reminded me that I do, in fact, have one. So... Tsundere militant girlish waifu.

Does a business suit count as tomboyish?

I'll give it a shot next game.

Would an Aristoteles of the sun be constantly radiating out a nuclear inferno?

Tbf, that'd be a more appealing Magician capstone than what's there.

>Does a business suit count as tomboyish?
Not really, but women in suits are top tier.

No shame in that.

i'd say it more likely they convert the land around them into a sea of fire

>Looks at pic related.

>Is reminded that Blazblue for whatever reason does not have a canon companion option.

I'm now sad. :(

>whatever reason
Because it's a poorly-done jump by a bancho-tier author?

Can you turn that off?

Not initially, though you can get there with training.

Generic canon companion supplement when?

They're called Stasis Pods.

>whenyoumakeit.jpg

i'd imagine it also be dependant of what other perks you have. i'm honestly not sure if the corruption of the surroundings is voluntary or not

The dragon form I got from DxD is Pathfinder Yamaraja style. black feathers instead of scales, antlers instead of normal horns and the scent of gravedirt heavy in the air.

Satis pods are so 2014

Companion Housing supplement already allows that, which is one of the big reasons it isn't liked.

Dragon with a single beefy arm.

Stasis Pods feel like kidnapping to me.

Just houserule that anyone you can convince to come along can. As long as it doesnt break the active companion limit having more companions really doesnt matter

Wait, you don't use them to kidnap people?!

Acnologia get out

Fluff them as requiring the person to consent, done.

This. Story>Rules

in the generic Isekai jump, wouldn't Monsterous Monsters drawback help people who take the monster race?

That's the fun part. Rapepods are best pods.

Hmm, this is an insightful and worthwhile contribution to the thr... pfft, nah, you're just a piece of shit spouting more garbage like usual. I've told you this before, we don't care, nor do we expect them to behave to our standards.

>our standards.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This. Canon companion options are all over the place price-wise anyway. It's stupid.

It makes no fucking sense that you should pay 400cp for a canon companion when you can import one for 50cp and he gets enough cp to be MORE powerful than the canon guy.

We set low standards and consistently fail to reach them.

>whatever reason

It's old. Canon companions weren't really a thing back then.

When they come in here and fuel multiple thread-long arguments using our "hypocrisy" and "powerwanking" as justification, then knowing what their "standards" actually are is important. Namely that they have none.

Tomboys rarely measure up

Well, sure, if all you care about is numbers and power then canon companions are the worse option. But not everyone does. Some of us like to tell an actual story.

Hasn't it been like 100 threads since that happened? Or more?
And wasn't it just one guy making a comment that kicked off a massive shitstorm that he didn't even really participate in?

Not to mention that Record is kinda excessive even by the standards of the SB thread.
It's like using the shitposters as a measuring stick for this thread.

notice how they didn't start this particular argument though. lets not get into an argument about SB when SB isn't even here

>we don't care, nor do we expect them
Funny how often you accuse people of being the shitposter for "speaking for the thread" and then turn around and do it yourself. Don't be a hypocrite, user.

It's a reference to Trogdor, you plebeian.

WE're not *that* bad. Are we?

You say that like you can't tell an actual story without wasting CP.
Or using OC companions.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. And "telling a story" is no way to balance a jump.

Bring that up the next time Soft is on.

Maybe it doesn't affect you, and all the other monsters beat you up?

Maybe it instead makes the random parties of adventures stronger?

And as soon as you have 8 companions buying a canon companion just gets you someone that can sit on the sideline. Not even mentioning how hard it is to make a new companion relevant in any way if you dont have them early on in your chain

>Not to mention that Record is kinda excessive even by the standards of the SB thread.
When half the thread "likes" his post, that argument kind of loses its weight.