Star Wars Miniatures

What went wrong?

trademark can only carry you so far when your minis are trash, see also: Lord of the Rings / Hobbit miniature game by Games workshop

That AT-ST looks horrible.

The game was fun, but the power creep was real strong.

>LOTR
>sculpted by the perry twins
>trash

lotr sold by the bucket load for GW and they were the best miniatures GW ever had. you may possibly be retarded.

This, this so much. I remember when I randomly got Grand Master "Motherfucking" Luke Skywalker in one of the miniatures packs.

Within three games there was an agreement that Grand Master Skywalker would never be deployed unless the person facing him explicitly wanted to try to kill him.

bendy pvc boardgame garbage, perhaps?

>trademark can only carry you so far when your minis are trash, see also: Lord of the Rings / Hobbit miniature game by Games workshop
Shit opinion lad

Grand Master Luke was powerful but crazy expensive. Unless you were playing a high point game he was a majority of your team.

I have to say one of my favorite times playing this game was when my Lord Vader swept Luke.

The FFG Imperial Assault ones are decent.

Too good to be true

>Very good prepainted minis

>Expanded universe minis

>Fun little skirmish setting

>Vehicles

>Not overly expensive

It just had to die. Now you can get the shitty unpainted miniatures game that has no variety whatsoever.

Am I understanding this right?

Twin attack means his triple attack (if he dosnt move) is 6 attacks total?

Dude, those minis look like shit from the thumbnail alone.

Yep. And because attacks can be separated IIRC, he could kill half an army if he got in close.

>Luke is better than Vader
Have these people even seen the movies? Vader was toying with that podunk farmer boy.

AT ST!
AT ST!
AT ST!

AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST

RoTJ shows that Luke far surpassed his father in both ability and mentality

I F U C K I N G LOVE STARWARSSSSSSSSSSSS

oh come on m8, the LoTR range is fantastic, its even scaled correctly. the hobbit stuff is a we bit wonky, but because the Perry twins are gone.

So, mr "Nerf Luke Now".

You're comparing Luke of one of the last sets produced with a Vader from the first set. And not a "Return of the Jedi" era Luke, but the Luke who has been a Jedi for 20+ years and trained dozens more.

Try "Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force", at 71 points barely 2/3 that of GM Luke:

Hit Points: 140
Defense: 23
Attack: 16
Damage: 20

Unique
Pilot
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Triple Attack (On his turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving)
Dark Armor (Whenever this character takes damage, he reduces the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 11. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.)
Djem So Style (Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.)

Force 2
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets 1 Force point each time he activates)
Force Grip 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: sight; 20 damage)
Lightsaber Reflect (Force 2: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11 and the attacker takes damage equal to the prevented damage; save 11)

Allies within 6 squares gain Extra Attack.

There are several more variants. Most of the movie-era Luke stat cards are more reasonable.

A Luke specifically "fresh from Dagobah", per the card's fluff text:

Luke Skywalker, Young Jedi (21 points)
Hit Points: 80
Defense: 18
Attack: 9
Damage: 20

Unique
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)

Force 3
Force Alter (Force 1: range 6; any 1 enemy rerolls its last attack)
Jedi Mind Trick (Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: range 2; target living enemy is considered activated this round and cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn; save 11)
Lightsaber Deflect (Force 1: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

It would seem you didn't finish the original trilogy. You should do that.

Grand Master Luke Skywalker represents Luke well-post RotJ, when Luke is the head of a fully restored Jedi Order.

Still, it's crazy that Luke only misses Vader on a 1.

The game had several problems:
>poor materials used
>sculpts with little detail
>incredibly basic (and often downright bad) paintjobs
>poor balance

But none of those killed the game. Only thing that did that was WotC losing the license.

FWIW, I like the quality of FFG's Imperial Assault minis quite a bit more, even though that means I have to paint them. But I'm still super disappointed that somewhere along the way I lost a couple tubs full of minis, especially the scum ones, which had lots of great generics for use as RPG PCs/NPCs.

>discussion is about power creep
>you aren't comparing figures accurately

I still use the LotR minis for nearly every D&D character I make.

Dumb nigger

Meh. Don't care. Go stick your head in a bucket if you like echo chambers.

>see also the best miniatures GW has
You do have a point for Hobbit though, it was a step down in every regard.

- The Alliance and Empire set with the stupid square bases.
- Power creep/ inconsistent power levels.
- Iconic characters being overused.
- EU characters no one gives a shit about.
- That door gimmick shit stain R2D2
- Wizards losing the license.

I had a blast with this game while it was still popular. Still have the figures and cards for role-playing games. I wish Wizards had held onto the rights somehow. Star Wars Rebels, Rogue One, and The Force Awakens would make for some awesome sets.