Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

I want to give the sisters of silence wigs made of semen edition

>Necromunda is returning, much to sister player's butthurt
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos keeps losing and even GW begging can't help it. Lost again!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign. Hell, maybe you'll even play (no you won't)
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

www116.zippyshare.com/v/TyoHWJnD/file.html
store.steampowered.com/app/286160/Tabletop_Simulator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe this is as good a place to ask as any, we will see. (pls no bully)
I have not played 40k since 3rd edition and I am looking to get back into it as we have a store locally now and people are playing. I am looking for an army that is small on models but high in points to start out with so I can get it built and painted quickly. Any suggestions

Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Knight Titans, Imperial Guard Armored Company, Big Tyranids

Harlequins, Custodes, Grey Knights, and deathwatch are pretty much inherently low model count elite armies but you can do the same with almost any factions just by picking all expensive units

Thanks lads.
Oh shit is armored company still a thing? Like the chapter approved list?

>an OOP product is still being advertised on its marketing app
One of the few problems with Freeblade

Deathwatch can easily get around 1500+pts with 2-3 of their SC! boxes plus some vehicles. Primaris army is also small in models and you wont need more than 1 or 2 Repressors and GK is also a small army that has like 20 models at 2000pts.

You could do a monster mash kind of list and just do Demon Princes out the ass or Carnifexes plus support.

>small on models but high in points
A lot of armies can do this, like almost all. As for painted quickly, Necrons. The army for the doesn't care painter

It official now. Tank Commanders and Pask in a russ are HQ choices, and theres a basically all heavy support force org, so you can go nuts

I have done Necrons before and I don't think I could live with myself doing it again.

Nope, you just pick the units, although regiment tactics will be coming with the codex

Knights, Custodes, any Terminator based list (all marines can do them but Dark Angels and Grey Knights specialize in them most), and Tyranids with only big monsters.

The most functional choice out of those are Knights, but each Knight is pretty costly as a model. You can buy a bunch of cheap Terminators on eBay but they're a very gimmicky army.

A basic marine army, perhaps with a heavy focus on Dark Imperium Primaris models will be both affordable and flexible enough for future additions and gameplay, but will end up having at least 30-60 models compared to Knights at 3-5 or Terminatorwings that will have around 20.

Is this 8th or 7th edition?

You can paint them in colours other than metal now

Gonna need some more criteria then. Also, I thought crons weren't suffering to work with

8th

8th

I think I need to get the books to see what is what but if armored company is a thing again I already have my answer. I played the shit out of that chapter approved army. But there is part of me that wants to do Deamons or Dark Elder, but that wont meet my needs atm.

Fuck that Russian and his ability to make even looks I despise do strange things to my dick.

I painted the ceramics on a bunch of them when I was playing them but the army was a bit boring.

Should I kit my two ten man scion squads out with 4 plasma each or 4 plasma and 4 melta? Likely putting 2 plasma on the command squad

So what is the list of GW dudes and their biases?
Phil: Eldar buffs
Robin: IG buffs, nid nerfs
Ward: ultramarines ultramarines

So if you want a good codex you need one of these guys to be biased about your faction

Any advice for white scars in 8th?

4 plas 4 melta. The melta, although not as good out of deepstrike wrecks vehicles fast

>old thread only on page 7
>didn't even link to this thread

What the fuck kind of piss-gargling retard keeps making these generals, and why haven't they killed themselves?

For some reason, my meltas always either miss or fail to wound.

Thats a fucking fallacy and you know it. I hate that "my dice are terrible" shit

Cruddace left
Kelly likes nids
Kelly likes space wolves
Ward likes grey knights and ultramarines

I know, I know. I probably just notice it more because I'm throwing less dice than plasma, but for that same reason it seems plasma are more effective.

Reposting halp pls

>Cruddace left
No? He had a big part in 8th

Huh. I had hoped Renegade would survive longer. I mean sure, the deal was kind of too good to be true, but still.

search your feelings; you know it to be true

And Matt Ward had big part in AoS, yet he quit before it went public - these things are done months, even years, in advance.

Sure, but the most imaginative not-metal colour scheme I've seen so far was "hey let's paint them entirely with rust colours" (which looked damn good, but then the chucklefuck decided to paint the rods)

>54909480
Buy the box and donate the other two sprues to me. You can make Mon'keigh Business a 6 man outfit.

As it stands, how can I successfully pair up Death Guard and Nurgle Daemons?

if they did it months in advance why the fuck we gotta wait so long for new codexes

Ward is also back again at GW though?

why the fuck does GW think people want monopose shit

Well fuck my nurses and call me a harem king, that's a good sign. Thanks for the heads up, man!

Looking at two guys setting up Warmachine at the flgs, lots of people are wanting to get 40k games in and they keep barking that these tables are reserved for Warmachine.

All their cockiness and surety that their game was better and GW sucks is gone.

cause they keep buying it

>why the fuck does a company produce starter-kits and new edition openers with as little complications/variations as possible so as to net the most NormieBux™ i really can't believe it >:(

you

Ave Dominus Nox brothers

He is, he could not stand Kirby's egomania, but Roundtree convinced him to get back to the fold.

Hey /40kg/

I want to start a new krieger/guard army. but im not sure what to put in it because i have little knowledge about guard. i want a fluffy army, but i dont want to get tabled all the time in my competitive local. any tips on a good balance of fluff and tabletop strength?

money is not a concern so feel free to shoot out crazy ideas

very nice

bullshit I doubt he even interacted that much with people that high up

A starter pack of 5 troops being monopose like they did back in the day (and still do with Cadians) is fine

The only decent looking HQ options being monopose is fucking lame

>Chaos Lord w/ Nurgle keyword
>Malignant Plaguecaster
>Plague Marines
>Plague Marines
>Plaguebearers

Additionally or alternatively:
>Epidemius
>Bloat Drone
>Bloat Drone
>6 Plague Drones

I could understand wanting to sell "easy" kits for people who can't hassle too much with building (ergo, normies/kids).

>The only decent looking HQ options being monopose is fucking lame

yeah gonna have to agree with you there

that is a very clean and well-done white

Nothing but Abhumans loaded in Crassus.
You can hold tenish Bullgryn per plus some Commissar/Priest support.

he was playing in battle reports and doing interviews post 8th launch

Daily reminder that this Russian guy draws those Lewd Sisters.

You still have some degree of customization possible. There's tons of arms, weapons, hands, banners and shit for all.

What I can't stand is the lack of equipment customization rule-wise on the Gravis Armour HQ or the Lord of Contagion.

git gud

Monopose HQs mean you need mad skillz to convert them without it looking awful. On the plus side, if you do make a noticeable change without it looking awful. everyone will compliment you for work well done and ask how you did it.

I still buy 5-pack Guardsmen every other trip to my LGS. You don't even notice the 3 monoposes with enough the the table.

Cruddace also was doing battle reports for 8th on twitch, he fought a gsc player and was talking about how much he hates them in the pregame show.

Kudos. My white always looks like shit, like a painted wall or something, yours ended up gorgeous.

Russians do a lot of quality 40k OC. I'm cool with it, even if I don't understand their vodka runes.

He looks like the kind of guy who would keep a woman locked in a cage.
Like a bad guy from Taken or Taken 2

>you will never confess to your null maiden qtpie, and see a tear roll down her face as she realises she cannot say i love you back

So the other guy has no clue what he is talking about

Kek what a fucking loser

So? Lots of people who masturbate to his drawings probably look worse than him.

i have a preator already, guess i should get 10 bullgryns and club some punnies to death

>he fought a gsc player and was talking about how much he hates them in the pregame show
ahaha that explains a lot, how did he end up being charge of the nid dex then?

>download filename
>horrible post

how's the shit coming along

>The only decent looking HQ options being monopose is fucking lame
hey guess what
those used to be one hunk of pewter
with no separate limbs

These days you don't even need a dremel to convert monopose HQ units.

Is GW going to update Kill Team rules? I want to play something like AoS skirmish with 40k models but I don't really like SW:A

Same goes for that mini box of Termagants. The only way to spot monobuild Termagants is to know where to look and nobody looks that closely at your shitty little locust blob anyway.

/h/ had a perpetual thread focused on real identities of hentai authors - there's far worse people drawing far worse things

>you will never tear their weakling bodies to pieces and personally mount their skulls upon khorne's throne
Why live

least it's not from a tv show

>tfw you'd probably just be a lowly cultist and get splattered by some higher ranking chaos servant
screw this i'm going with nurgle, at least he loves you

>those glorious models
Holy shit more

The only ork warboss that you can buy individually still is a hunk of pewter

Damn the GSC must've stung his ego.
>loves IG
>hates Nids
>new faction that lets Nids indirectly ally with IG
serves the fucking bastard right, hope the GSC guy trounced him

digits check

Doubt it. Shadow War and the new Necromunda are probably going to fill up the 40k skirmish space.

And then there's Yuzuki 'N Dash, who not only draws really raunchy buttsex but also happens to be a serious qt.

Damn those look great.

Has anyone got a Black Legion e-pub they're willing to share?

I WANT REDEMPTIONISTS FOR NECROMUNDA

>not becoming one with the god of hatred and defiance, charging into glorious battle regardless of the odds and either dying in a blaze of glory or revelling in the sweet taste of victory as your might grows ever higher
>becoming a living walking sack of shit instead
Talk about priorities

www116.zippyshare.com/v/TyoHWJnD/file.html

is that a 40k comic or 2000AD? The outright bolt weapons should tell me enough but idk

I wish 40k still cribbed 2000AD's style instead of trying to be realistic

>most iconic ork unit
>doesn't have a plastic kit
Still boggles my noggin' up to this very day.

WTF is this? You can make any tabletop you want and play?
How come I never heard about this? It has W40K, Space Hulk and Hero Quest.
Has anyone tried it? Is it fun?
I am shilling , apologies..

store.steampowered.com/app/286160/Tabletop_Simulator/

Cruddace plays Howling Griffins

its alright, but not tabletop

ahahahaha you stupid cuck

thanks for the free shit loser ahahahahaha

Lets me try out REALLY stupid lists

But is right, just not the same

Its a 40k comic about the Redeemer. It's great.

There is a plastic one but
-he's technically a special character (swap out his head to remedy that)
-you can't buy him individually. He comes bundled with some nobs whether you like it or not, jacking his price up

It's fun, just lacks the satisfaction of building and painting.
There's a decent sized community on some Discord channel I believe.

I mean, virtual tabletop. Or you mean the rules are not the same?

Can you play online and with an AI?
I have no friends.

Hunk of resin, there are very very few pewter models left in gw's lines, the only ork ones I can think of being goff rockas (understandable) and grot tekkies (fuck gw this kit is the shit)