So I was thinking about it after the fantasy Veeky Forums thread and if East Asians (Chinese, Koreans...

So I was thinking about it after the fantasy Veeky Forums thread and if East Asians (Chinese, Koreans, Japanese) are Elves, and Europeans (Spanish, French, British, German) are Humans, what are the other fantasy races? Dwarves? Orcs? Goblins? Drow? Halflings? Gnomes? Help me out here Veeky Forums

Basically, >ITT: We do real life-to-fantasy race conversions
pic semi-related

These threads always devolve into retarded /pol/bait.

Dwarves are Jews. Tolkien said that, don't question it.

And blacks are orcs. But what does that make goblins? And what race are sand niggers?

Sand nigs are goblins? They both have a penchant for blowing themselves up.

Amerindians are Drow. They have common ancestry with Elves, created abhorrent societies full of dictatorial control and sacrificing their own to their gods, and got two continents of their shit absolutely ruined by the equivalent of a few thousand paladins, clerics, and gunslingers.

I once brewed !notEarth where the three major human types (European, African, Asian) were as follows:

Europeans were standard Tolkien derivatives, elves, dwarves etc. Africans were elemental inspired, genasi, rockmen and such, Asians were the goblinoids (orcs were Mongols, goblins Chinese, etc).

Setting was mostly about colonial expansion of Europe. This was a pretty obvious way to metaphorically play through our biases and stereotypes. Europeans were familiar and 'normal' the Africans were primitive and uncivilized, etc.

It worked really well for what it was meant to do.

Was going to have indigenous Americans be various flavors of beast-people, but the campaign never got across the ocean (group petered out during the rush to follow !notColumbus to the new world).

It's a /pol/ question to begin with.

What? Orcs are asians.

>"...squat, broad, flat-nosed, sallow-skinned, with wide mouths and slant eyes; in fact degraded and repulsive versions of the (to Europeans) least lovely Mongol-types."

Letter 210, fool of a Took.

>but m-muh waifu is an elf

Now you're gonna tell me you don't think Numenoreans were basically Egyptians.

wtf i hate asians now
nice try anti-animefag

I always thought orcs were supposed to be germans

>orcs
>germans
maybe in LoTR sure, but in D&D/Warcraft they were intended to be bestial savages, aka native americans

>Orks currently having a goblin infestation due to the dwarfs meddling with the usury markets

I have my next setting.

Y'know, those famous jewish mines throughout history.

King Solomon's were reputed to be pretty dope, where they not?

Also, you have to remember that Tolkien was writing before Israel was real, so anything about his dwarves as jew analogues excludes any Israel baggage - it's mostly about wandering and not having a homeland that they can return to.

Also pic related is an extremely dwarven thing to do

Might as well call them Romani then.

I do think providing the historical context for the stereotype being riffed on in the racial description changes things alot.

I always imagined gnomes as any nation that could be described as having a burgomeister instead of a mayor.

I never really got gnomes, as a race. They're like cokehead halflings/hobbits, but smarter and a bit mad?

Romani are more external and migratory, and they have that caravan thing going on, whereas Jews would integrate to a point - they form their ghettos (despite modern meaning it's literally a word meaning "jewish quarter", from the one in Venice) and the fortunate set up high-skill low-property jobs - neither of these are things romani are known for, they turn up and stay on the outskirts of the city or common land, but they don't settle much.

A travelling race taking some inspiration from romani might be interesting in games, as long as it's not blatant /pol/shit or ranting

>Basically, >ITT: We do real life-to-fantasy race conversions
This is always awful, awful and painfully tortuous idea to do. Why do people keep forcing this bullshit.

Do you people even realize that Goblins and Orks are the SAME THING in Toklien universe?

Yeah but Tolkien isn't all of fantasy.

Yeah, except the post follows RIGHT AFTER establishing that "dwarves are Jews, Tolkien said so" so I'd assume you are still fucking following his rules now, wouldn't you?

I can back this up: Secrets of Xen'Drik for 3e basically treated drownas such

Ok except I didn't make that post.

They're also highly related in Warhammer - possibly the 3rd most famous depiction - albeit they're very obviously different, but still very much grouped together.

And yet a lot of people on Veeky Forums still prefer them very split up as races.

Gypsies are a slave caste originated from India, either bought or enslaved, that eventually made their way into Europe via the Ottoman slave trade.
They were "traditionally" nomadic, but this was almost immediately stopped and the majority of them were made into slave-craftsmen, with only the entertainers allowed to wander.

>Gypsies are a slave caste originated from India, either bought or enslaved, that eventually made their way into Europe via the Ottoman slave trade.
Hardly true, considering our first mentions of them on eastern European borders come from around 9th century, and they were noted frequently across most of south Europe around 1390's.
Absolutely nothing suggest that they were a slave cast in India either. There is a speculation that their name comes from Indian "Domba" caste, which was a lower one (cast of musicians and entertainers, mostly), but it's hardly conclusive. Genetic evidence is actually all over the place, linking them to isolationist brahmin communities in some parts of India, but also to old populations of Afghanistan and Tajikistan.
One of the theories of their most recent migration is that they were remnants of a population of western India that escaped Mahmud of Ghazni's invasion and eventually settled in Byzantine, from which they eventually moved west together in an attempt to escape growing Islamic influence in the region.

Elves: North American natives
Drows: Indian/South Asians
Dwarves: Mesopotamians/Canaanite
Orcs: Mesoamerican natives
Halflings: East Asians
Ogres: Central Asian/Tibetan

every time someone brings up something like this i get flashbacks to FATAL
i know more about that abortion of a spreadsheet than anyone should

>halflings
>east asians
that's where you're wrong
>all this """""indigenous peoples""""" as fantasy races