Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Looted Wagons are never coming back edition

Old thread: >Necromunda is returning, much to sister player's butthurt
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos keeps losing and even GW begging can't help it. Lost again!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign. Hell, maybe you'll even play (no you won't)
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/100-x-Magnets-3-x-1mm-Strong-Cylinder-Round-Disc-Rare-Earth-Neodymium-Magnet-N52-/292119997502?epid=885644195
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

F

first for black templars

Could also take the AL trait and have them pop up 9inches away from someone

How are Word Bearers in 8th?

8 possessed + lord + exalted in a LR.

Is this awesome? (Y/N)

low tier

Why not an apostle for reroll all failed to hit?

8 possessed + apostle + exalted in a LR.

Is this awesome? (Y/N)

Definitely scary

Reposting from old thread. Any nidanons got anybthoughts on the toxicrene? Havent played since 3rd but building on my nids and toxicrenes look pretty badarse but i heard they suck? On paper they look great and inlike the model just wondering how they go. Nid anons or people that have played aginst them feel free to enlighten me

>Looted Wagons are never coming back edition
>implying Looted Wagons are a good thing
It's either Looted Vehicles or nothing. Looted Wagons were a half-assed compromise at best to begin with.

Why possessed over either berserkers or terminators?

Should I use +1A on charge and re-roll failed charge warlord trait, or 6+ FnP and +1W warlord trait for Tyberos?

Looted Vehicles is actually plausible since GW sells the models. Doubly so if they decide to release an "Ork Looted Vehicle sprue" or repackage kits as Ork Looted Variants or double kits.

I've heard about that, but I really want to do an all marine army without the 30 cultist, but if it's the most effective thing to do then I better look at ebay then

Who the fuck said anything about cultists?

You can have any Imperium units you want in the same detachment, but their and bonuses won't share/may even shut off entirely.

Marines for example don't get Chapter Tactics special bonuses unless the whole detachment is the same , so mixing them with IG will shut off their special abilities.

AL aren't required to run cultists.

>Looted Vehicles is actually plausible since GW sells the models. Doubly so if they decide to release an "Ork Looted Vehicle sprue" or repackage kits as Ork Looted Variants or double kits.
You'd think they'd do something like that, since they have one for the Genestealer Cultists.

Hell, old Ork Looted Vehicle rules made them slightly less effective than normal Imperial vehicles back in the day.

Man chaos could use more soul grinders during deployment (as well as knights and titans)

>should I be more defensive or more killy for the chapter of bloodthirsty killers?

I bet you don't even use LC termies, faggot.

Rate my Skittles/AdMech list

TPD x1

Dunecrawlers, magnetized x2
Ranger unit of 5 x2
Vanguard x3 (or 6 of split to 5)
Dragon x2
RS x1
Infiltrators x1
Kastelan unit of 2 with datasmith x1

Thoughts? I charge my vanguard with the dragoon to give them the LD boost they need.

Two wounds a piece.

>let me just add one more wound to that pile of red jello on the ground

Just use the Big Trakk rules from Imperial Armour: Xenos

My LGS store owner, loyalist fanboy, and Blood Ravens player insists Blood Ravens are not a Thousand Sons successor chapter, after some intensive googling and sifting through wikis and interviews I found exactly one case of Laurie Goulding saying they aren't, but Laurie Goulding isn't exactly an important writer and I can't personally see why an editor for the Horus Heresy books would know about the canon of a video game specific chapter.
I'm fine with it being vague but he's oddly insistent about it despite having no proof, and he says Laurie Goulding wasn't the interview he watched.
So are they confirmed not 1ksons successors?

If you're running them in squads of 5 that +1 ld means literally almost nothing. You'll need to lose most of the squad before it helps and generally they'll all be dead before then. LD is only an issue with Skitarii when you run them in units of 10. Do you have any special weapons on the Rangers and Vanguards?

I'd say the other alternatives are going to outstrip them in killing power

They're unknown.

I think it's pretty obvious they're meant to be, but there's no real proof.

>confirmed

Nothing is confirmed. They are very heavily hinted towards being TSons, but nothing explicit just yet.

Let me guess, THSS termies like a bitch?

thoughts?

Bait?

Does Gabriel Angelos have to use the Chapter-character-specific trait for the Chapter Tactics you choose for the Blood Ravens? Or does he just pick from the regular Space Marine table

PRO PAINTED!! should sell for 200 usd on ebay

What magnets do you guys buy? I'm considering this lot, I would like 3x1.5, but 3x1's work just fine.

ebay.com/itm/100-x-Magnets-3-x-1mm-Strong-Cylinder-Round-Disc-Rare-Earth-Neodymium-Magnet-N52-/292119997502?epid=885644195

>looted wagons

You shut your whore mouth. Looted wagons will be in the next dex, they have to be

Nearly all my CSM are done with 2x1MM magnets with Termie arms and Vehicles being 3x1MM, so it depends on their purpose. I also have 1x1 for smaller stuff, though they're expensive and I try not to use them if I can avoid it.

Yup, they just would shoot for shit.

Reposting for feedback, how should I improve this?

Black Templars 2kpts, this is two Batallions for +3CP each

HQ

Chaplain Dread [Lascannon, Power Fist] Warlord
Emperor's Champion

Lieutenant [Lighting Claw, Crusader Helm]
Lieutenant [Power Sword, Plasma Pistol]

Elites

Redemptor Dreadnought [Plasma Incinerator, Storm Bolters, Gatling cannon]
Venerable Dreadnought [Lascannon, Power Fist]

Troops

4x
Crusader Squad [5 Initiates, Heavy Bolter]

2x Rhino

3x
Crusader Squad [7 Initiates, Power Axe, Sword Brother with Thunder Hammer] Drop Pod

Rangers run arquebus, vanguard run plasma.
If I usually have a 10 man unit with the dragoon

+++BATTLE REPORT INCOMING+++

Hey guys, posting a batrep for your amusement.

I played a fun (albeit shorter than I would have liked) game tonight, my first in 8th edition and my first at my new local store.

Points was set at 2000, Steel Legion Imperial Guard vs a custom Astartes chapter called the "Storm Lords" (I think? can't remember exactly). Both armies were almost fully painted, so the game was a lot of fun to watch unfold.

I tried to take a picture at the top of every phase of every turn, but of course missed 2 or so. I will do my best to recreate what happened each turn from memory using my records.

Enjoy.

Pic related is the IG force, a full Battalion detachment with 12 command points.

You'd figure in the age of data sheets this would make a comeback.

>Storm lords
Either a coincidence, or the guy took the name from a fic about one of the lost primarchs.

If I wanted to start a Black Templar army, how would I even begin? I don't really know anything about Space Marines but I've always thought the Templars were really cool.

They get a Chaos equivalent of "They Shale Know No Rules". It basically makes them play like loyal Space Marines, but without any of the usual Chapter Tactics that Loyal Marines get on top of the "Know No Rules" ability.

This could actually be okay because it makes Word Bearers squads actually resilient, and Chaos does get some cool toys. That said, it's still nothing super-good. In fact, it comes at the opportunity-cost of other legion rules that actually are super-cool. So while the Word Bearers Legion Rule isn't bad outright, it's outshined to the point of uselessness by other Legion Rules that outperform it.

>BATTLE REPORT INCOMING
My body is ready

rhinos

Storm Lord's are a thing, they're a second founding white scars successor

Ah, then the writer didn't do his research or I'm autistic.

or both, I browse Veeky Forums after all.

It would be pretty cool. You'd figure GW would go for it just to sell Ork players tons of different vehicles. I mean, a lot of people just build their Ork vehicles, but I'd buy a few Imperial vehicles if I could just straight up take them.

My list consisted of Yarrik in the center, supported by a company commander, two astropaths, and a priest. A shady vindicare assassin is just off camera to the left, too cool to be photographed.

The meat of the list is two conscript platoons of 50, 4 scion squads of 5 with melta/plasma led by a tempestor prime. A squadron of leman russ executioners and 2 heavy weapons squads of lascannons provide some punch, and 2 defensive searchlights support the infantry.

It's rounded out by 3 salamander scout vehicles (chimeras) and a twin punisher cannon vulture for close air support.

The picture illustrates the IG plan: maximize the utility of Yarrick's 6" reroll 1s aura, adding some extra attacks, saves, accuracy, leadership, and orders on top of it to make those conscripts hit HARD.

The plasma tanks benefit greatly from the rerolled 1s, allowing them to overcharge much more safely if needs be, and the scions, vulture, and salamanders should add some mobility for snatching objectives.

Note my future plan is to use sentinels instead of salamanders as in the picture, but I'm not about to buy kits when new IG models are in the rumor mill.

You will never have a thicc qt3.14 SOB polish your helmet..

Why even live?

>get really into game
>great local meta, good people
>move
>only game anyone plays here is mtg
anyone know good FLGS in the SLC area?

Here we have the Storm Lords. I am not an expert on Astartes units, but he took a good mix in his list, opting for balance.

The chapter master rides a bike, while the librarian is on foot. A land raider crusader is the battering ram, tac squads and scout squad are the meat and potatoes. He took 2 dreads including a chaddanaught for extra punch in melee.

The argument is ancient. Pic related is ADB saying they aren't thousands sons. He provides no evidence for his claim and all hints point to them being T sons In my opinion. Even though I think loyalist traitors are terrible. Blood ravens hint far far too heavily for it to be ignored.

I never cared about this very much, I far prefer to shit on people who insist the space sharks are night lords. Despite FW's many hints at Raven guard origins. The best response they always have is wishful thinking.

Alpha Legion

get dorn'd

The rolled mission was "RELIC." We agreed to use my custom "randomized battlefield" rule, dropping a fair number of terrain pieces on the table and then rolling 2d6+scatter to let them drift randomly. The final terrain placement is pictured here, along with deployment from the Astartes POV.

Astartes easily finished deployment first (he was almost done by the time I was done calling reserved units) and would go first. Initiative was not seized.

They're good actually. Basically guaranteed summoning and Lord/Dark Apostle hybrid HQs that reroll all hits even shooting as their aura, while having the lord statline.

Of course that's only useful with a fluffy WB army. But that's kind of the point.

My reasoning is more wounds due to unit size and also potentially more attacks. Now that understrength units are auxiliary only for matched play, I'd rather stick 5 termies in a raider or 8 something else with those two.

Regarding zerkers, I'd like to, but I'm still not 100% on renegade or empy kids. Possessed are at least agnostic to that and I can always drop a sorc in with a jump pack if they really need to haul ass or get a buff of some sort.

There's also the higher potential attacks.

What about LR Crusader? And Razorback? I bought one of both already.

>Space sharks being NL or RG
Personal cannon is that they're world eaters for all the rip'n'tear they do.

Their trait is to reroll charge distance, so get some melee units

Irrelevant for berzerkers, since they won't take wounds in combat and you got the land raider to protect them from bullets. Possessed are tough but berzerkers just delete anything they touch.

And here we have deployment from the IG POV. I definitely got the lucky side of the field as far as terrain went, with a nice wall of cover anchored by 2 structures. Conscript platoon are too big to ever get cover bonuses, really, but my taking this side of the field denied the smaller and tougher Astartes a cover bonus while they advanced on the relic in the center.

I ended up being hard pressed for space, and cramemd conscripts shoulder to shoulder with lascannons and the russes to get that reroll 1s aura on as much as possible.

The vindicare just said "meh" to the whole idea, confident my 12 command points would be used on him if necessary and just parked himself on top of the nearest building. I put the searchlights up there, too, where they would get cover and clear LOS to mark targets.

Salamanders and the vulture took the flanks with the hope of forcing the less numerous marines to split their numbers and chase my mobile stuff around fruitlessly. We'll see how well that worked.

Razorbacks only for popping vehicles with their lascannons. Your melee units should deal with enemy melee.

Is weapon range measured on a model by model basis? Can you only kill the models that are within range in a unit?

Why do you even like Black Templars?

Just looking at the positions and army comps, if this was kill team IG would have it in the bag, maybe the bikes can make something happen though.

Also played a 2v2 1000pts per side game as well today with my Primaris ally once again. And holy shit primaris are expensive my ally barely had 7 models on the table. What are you anons up to?
Expect batreps in the morning

Kek what a dumbass

Kill points not team

Range is measured from the firing model, but you can wound any model in the unit you're firing at.

Cool paint job and I love the crusader look/theme.

>Want Vindicators for my Iron Warriors because they are ugly looking beauties that fit IW theme perfectly
>hear that they are so shit it's not worth fielding

What do you think

Fireblade here. My bonding knife wife keeps asking me what the difference between a shot and an attack is.
What should I tell her?

One uses a gun the other uses a close combat weapon.

TH/SS would want the offensive boosts more tha the survivability because TH/SS are the hard hitting but low attack and high survivability variant while LC are the opposite.

>Obliterators roll for their weapon's stats before they choose a target

Y/N?

For what it's worth I fought some iron warriors with one the other week and it pulled its weight. Consider it a vehicle wrecker now instead of something that deletes mass infantry

If you have a sorc to warptime them forward, they can get in range and blast something. They also got a slight points reduction in the codex.

Preds are better though.

Only GW's named heroes are locked into chapter traits. FW ones can pick whichever one from the generic ones they want. You can't even use the unique ones since they don't have the rule that lets successors use them like the Strategems do.

Of course you have 12 CP as Iron Legion. Aren't Storm Lords sucsessor chapter for White Scars?

How are orks for a first timer? Both on wargaming and painting, I understand with orks I'll probably have a couple hundred models so painting will take a while, but other than that how are they for a beginner play wise?

Extra attack is extra stab
Extra shot is extra pew

Painting easy. Wargaming easy but tedious. They're a pretty good choice since they're strong this edition unlike before, and you can get their basic infantry DIRT cheap on eBay.

But Alpha Legion is loyalist.

Well, you'll want an Emperor's Champion, a Chaplain, a Marshal, and a 15 or 20 man close combat oriented squad of initiates and neophytes if your going fluffy. Otherwise don't buy any filthy witches unless it's Grey Knights, and even then, and look to vehicles for anti-tank and infantry in transports/drop pods with melee orientation. Also find a pdf of the old BT 4th edition codex and visit the BT forums on bolterandchainsword for more fluff guidance.
Welcome to the Eternal Crusade!

>talking about WL trait for Tyberos
Why are you talking about boosting termie variants? I'm calling him a faggot for not automatically taking the offensive WL trait out of principle for Tyberos while calling him out for also taking THSS termies instead of LC termies like the faggot he is. Sharks ain't got time for your bitch shields.

>yfw the Tau invent railguns that shoot knives

Eh. Worse case senario it's a +1st ap-1 d1. Basically a chain sword with ap-1 and a chance to turn into a +6st ap-6 d-6 rape machine.

Pretty straightforward. Also worth noting you don't have to run the 200 slugga boys list, you could go heavy on vehicles or elites like meganobz, burna boys or tankbustas etc, which would reduce the numbers. Individual orks are pretty easy to paint in mass if you just want tabletop quality

What?

S7-9 AP-(1-3) D1-3

These dont look loyal