Hey anyone remember this series and the forums and how it had this wushu homebrew it used for the roleplay section?

Hey anyone remember this series and the forums and how it had this wushu homebrew it used for the roleplay section?

Barring that, I guess it's a freeform thread. Discuss cringy shit you encountered or the stuff you thought was cool when you were a kid.

Is that a zombie thug?

Holy shit, talk about a blast from the past

No, I have no idea what RPG you're talking about

Newgrounds general

Its not difficult to understand. He is asking if anyone remembers the series of attached picture. Which going by the filename is xombie, going bye art style: a flash animated episodic series.
The forums of which contained a roleplaying section which used a homebrew roleplaying system based on the system tabletop roleplaying system "Wushu" or simply a homebrew based on Wushu aka kung fu-shit.

Back on topic, if we're just talking about dumb ass forum role playing shit we did when we were younger. I used to be post in the roleplaying section of a lot of web comic forums. Anyone remember the old topwebcomics forum? Don't know how I had the time to post in role-playing threads that moved at the pace of Veeky Forums threads but with like 3-4 paragraphs each post

I guess I could have worded it better but yeah.

The thing that struck me the most about the Xombie forum, is that most roleplaying forums/section are freeform, but for whatever reason some guy decided to homebrew additional crunch to Wushu and then they all adopted it for use in their roleplay threads.

I'm hoping that perhaps someone might have a pdf of the rules or remember what I'm talking abou. Unfortunately wayback machine is unable to bring back an archived version of the forums so I can't read it and see how bad it is.

The closest thing I got is the author reusing his homebrew for that dumb browser game, Billy Snakeman of all things.

So any horror stories?

Yeah, I remember watching it on NG though. For some reason the creator took the whole series down.

I think he was trying to monetize the series and thats why he took it off newgrounds.

Maaan, this series had a lot of really cool shit.

I think he was gonna do a movie and like that failed, so he made a comic that basically was required to know what the hell was happening in the new flash cartoon and they both sucked?

So what happened to the mummy girl that got bisected?

Guess we'll never know, what were the Hands of God

I think the comic explains or some shit. From what I heard the author retcons himself a bit.

I remember the series, yeah. Sort of came and went in a flash. I guess you could say it was dead on arrival.

As for freeforms, I still lurk around some of the bigger freeform forums, mostly just to read character bios. Every so often you hit some real gems.

ayy lmao

Got any examples?

I have to sleep right now, but both this picture and the last are edited from actual bios I've seen, with the picture the player used and lines from the bio.

But will you storytime later?

bump

I wish there were more Wushu hacks out there. What was the one for this like?

Kinda shitty? Can't remember.

This is basically a continuation of that homebrew but with some changes in the crunch to fit with the new theme and also revisions.

I remember the series. didn't know there was a TTRPG adaption using wushu.

As for stuff in Freeform RP: first one I was in a Naruto one. That alone should be enough.

I actually had fun playing as Itashi,
the RP was set up after Sasuke and Naruto's first battle when Sasuke left for Sound Village.
I played Itachi as largely devoid of angst,
pragmatic, and even prone to the occasional joke.

Holy shit I remember this fucking flash series. I had the comic book those guys put out.

Wow, what a blast from the past.

The adaptation was like a work to make it crunchier and I guess more familiar to like video games and D&D?

The adjustments are also goofy and are kinda halfbaked?

So instead of chi points you have a stat that's your HP. Actions are capped by another stat. And you roll a dice pool amount equal to your damage stat with some bonus points based on perks and special weapons.

So what each stunt description does instead of giving you dice to roll in the attack instead gives you flair based on the amount of actions taken plus any bonus for coolness/descriptiveness. Flair is your Xp, and when you reach x points you get a level and some amount of points to buy shit ontop of any bonus points.

Again it's really weird and busted since like Wushu specifically says gear doesn't matter, but in this you buy into a category of gear save for "light melee" which are disposable props and you get bonus to attack with melee and extra XP with ranged. Further perks give extra number to XP or the attack roll.

So the more experience you have the more likely you're gonna be generating Xp in fights. I honestly can't remember the perk you buy but in the zombie one I think the older version didn't have a whole lot of stuff to buy so it was mostly dead levels, since shit's expensive and boosting your stats is more effective in the long run but also eats a good amount of points.

Did anyone else free form role play in AIM chatrooms? It didnt get much more cringy than that.

How much of it was awkward ERP?