The Primary Antagonist of your campaign is pic related, how fucked are you

Could your party defeat Him?

Also, on topic discussion only, if you want to shitpost "le Reddit and may may" bullshit or just talk about the show, there's about 50 active threads in /tv/ where you can do that.

Did you not even watch Pickle Rick episode? He is unstoppable.

They don't need to. One of the players is already him.

We'll just say out of his way, do some side quests and wait for him to destroy himself

>implying Rick C-137 didn't kill Evil Rick

C-137 killed ALL the ricks as far as we know. And the galactic federation. He also killed the equivalent of thanos/darkseid while on a drunken bender. and to expand On what said, he did what Tony Stark did in a cave, but with nothing but roaches, rats and bits of trash. Oh, and he was a pickle with no moving parts other than his mouth and pulled it all off in an hour before slaughtering a whole compound full of Russian guards.

If there's infinite ricks, there's also infinite rick governments.

Also there's probably some survivors. It's not like they didn't have portal guns or anything.

But he did that shit as a protagonist. Maybe not a hero, but certainly the lead character in the story. Unless it's a game of Paranoia or Call of Cthulu where it's almost explicitly laid out that victories are Pyrrhic and rare, it'd be bullshit not to have a chance to win.

Crushes his skull with my axe

>if you want to shitpost "le Reddit and may may" bullshit or just talk about the show
except this is exactly what you did OP

We're playing an extreme power levels Mutants and Masterminds. I'm talking defending entire universes daily. He has no chance. At all.

Talking about feats that the subject of OP achieved that are relevant to the question is not off topic. Sharing your opinions about the quality of the show or shitposting memes is not relevant. God, I can't believe I had to actually explain that

>I'm talking defending entire universes daily. He has no chance. At all.
>the man who destroys multiple universes doesn't stand a chance

Lol.

Not true in the first point, there was specifically just one Citadel of Ricks.

There are infinite universes in the Rickandmortyverse but only a finite number that are close enough to Rick's reality to have human beings in it first of all, and Rick specifically second of all, which is why there are infinite worlds but only a few thousand Ricks, and only a few worlds that Rick would be comfortable making his own.

The concept is called the "central finite curve".

Yeah we get it season 3 is badly written and doesn't understand Rick making him a wizard

As ridiculously invincible the show likes to make Rick, he can still easily be taken down if he's not expecting it. You just have to get one good hit in when he's not looking and hope the DM doesn't go "nuh uh he does this because SCIENCE and also he expected you to do exactly what you just did"

So season 1-2 rick

Your party is literally Rick's latest victims as of the last episode.

Well, he was almost killed by Concerto.

My party has an evil gay bard, and no Jaguar expy exists in the setting. I think we're good.

Yes, if he's more grounded like season 1 and 2 (to a point) where he can do plenty of ridiculous damage but is still vulnerable, he can be reasonably defeated.

Not even more grounded. Just better written.

He was also completely at the mercy of That super nova chick until they popped up in the middle of a Logic concert and she ran away before anyone saw her murder someone in cold blood. Rick is far from invincible

Pickle rick!!!!!

I'd probably self insert as a psychiatrist to tell him shit he already knows and has had explained to him for better by Morty on numerous occasions.
That seems to stump him

yea but he planned that party right there, how do you know he's just not that smart that he knew he needed a party for them to get out alive, a crowd of people to save himself, so he threw a party, just used the people he knew for what he needed, it's not out of character.

Also he implies that by not going to counseling he saved himself from concerto by rescuing Jaguar guy, he could have possibly done that on purpose.

You would have to fight in ways that made no sense.

Rig guns to explode anywhere between 15 seconds to a minute after your troops start firing them. Plant explosives on allies and detonate them if he gets in proximity.

Rain nuclear weapons on your own forces. Create fake superweapons that stomp imposingly towards him but run out of fuel and self destruct.

Have mages publicly challenge him to his science vs. their magic on deserted planets and then never show up.

Make clones of him if possible with cerebral bombs that go off in anywhere between three days - 1 week. Have a few 3 second clones detonate their heads, then situate them in front of destroyed research equipment with bloody, short, cryptic suicide notes, with a suitably head-explody pistol in hand. Bonus for producing fake 'mass suicides' of clone Ricks.

Create female ricks and have them commit suicide in front of him after delivering single syllables of an ultimately long, convoluted code that translates to a rick-roll in an forgotten alien code.

Have a small cult of femricks worshipping a nude golden statue of Jerry before committing seppuku.

If nothing else, it will cause an epic WTFing the likes of which will make everything else seem dull and pointless.

Pretty easily.

Mage the Awakening is a hell of a drug, and I've been playing with kiddie gloves because I hate what the game can actually do.

Hell, we can even use Time magic to go back to before we knew he was a threat, and kill him then.

God I hate this game.

Nah, the episode made it clear he left his portal gun at the office. He didn't expect to be in the trap.

The first part makes some sense, though it only worked because nova was slowly choking them to death where she could have easily vaporized or crushed them like she did to million ants.

The second one wasn't planned, he had no intention of going into the sewer or that compound. The plan was for the syringe full of anti pickle serum to land on him as soon as the family left for therapy.

He only survives through luck when the universes collapse even though it is a one in a million chance he seems pretty mortal.

He's also endlessly creative. That's his biggest strength.

>God I hate this game.
lmao this is a very Veeky Forums post

>Could your party defeat Him?
Yes, easily.
I sneak into his garage and plant an explosive on a device he is bound to tinker with at some point.

A lot of these post are missing the point. It's really easy to take him out in a random encounter or if you get the drop on him. But Primary antagonist means he's actively out to get the party, or at least aware of them. Ricks Prep time makes batman look laughable, if he is at least somewhat aware of the parties capabilities, they're pretty screwed

>Mage the awakening
>Mind mage
Oh its not so hard to push someone over the cliff of suicide.
Rick is constantly teetering on the edge anyway so its more of a mercy kill at that point.

My character dresses like a homeless man, and sits unassumingly in the corner of rooms or outside of them. Using telepathy to talk to the party, and seeing/hearing out of their eyes/ears

He fights by screwing with enemy perception or flat out making them turn on allies by using pre-existing conditions like a cheating spouse or other stressors.

Rick wouldn't stand a goddamn chance

Hire Krombopulous Michael

This. If Ricky has prep-time, it doesn't matter what you can pull out from your ass, you *will* die. Its just a matter of fact when, and how.

I feel like we'd kill a Rick and think we'd won, then this drunken bastard would walk off laughing.

here, have a better NPC for a game...

Rick had no immunity to those memory parasites, sons character with these abilities could absolutely fuck him up

>There are infinite universes in the Rickandmortyverse but only a finite number that are close enough to Rick's reality
You don't quite understand how infinite works, do you?

If there's an infinite amount of anything, then there's also an infinite amount of identical thing.
That's including Ricks that are identical in behavior and traits to C-137.
Just might mean they haven't been discovered.

Literally your game is the Vindicators, and Rick wrecked em.

The Vindicators wrecked themselves because the moment they were put under any sort of pressure they cracked and killed themselves. If the show made them a legitimate team of heroes and not just fodder to make fun of superheroes, they might have been able to put up an actual fight with Rick.

>You don't quite understand how infinite works, do you?
Infinity does not fucking mean "without end"
Infinity means "stand-in for a fuck-large number human minds cannot encompass. Trust me, if humans could use googloplex we would.

you think Rick wouldn't just use the word googleplex then?

consider what the tribunal of Ricks called it.

the "central finite curve"
it allows for outliers and other finite curves posibly with other citadels and sets of ricks

They really could have done so much better with that episode than making it a ham fisted avengers parody. Literally anyone who's watched the movies have probably made the same jokes with their friends when they were walking out of the cinema.

Agreed. Great potential with those characters, very lame and easy execution.

Not how it works in the show, has the right idea.

Rick did that while blackout drunk and didn't try to kill them at any point when he was in the trap too. If Rick was actually trying to take down a team of heroes, it would have gone down a lot differently.

He's not even the most dangerous thing in the setting. Our party would have a difficult time dying to Rick. I'm unsure about defeating him. Rick is basically a trickster god.

>The primary antagonist of your campaign is plot armor: the character

Tip my fedora at my DM for clearly having the intellectual superiority to enjoy such highbrow humor and leave immediately.

You do realize that any character who hasn't been killed yet has plot armor, right?

Fuck his daughter

Well, he's clearly level 20 something, some kind of inventor class.
Insane mental resistances, He is shown to have oretty decent dex and accuracy, as well as high Int and Wis scores. His tech is equivalent to some epic boons, I'd say, so we're talking an endgame level boss.

Killing A Rick is possible. Killing THE Rick is not going to happen. It has been shown that ricks of equal ability have died before. THE Rick has plot quantum armor. Its a cruel quantum joke. because he doesn't care about his actions or the world at large he doesn't die.

This... Is so wrong. I'm not touching the "more than one Citadel of Ricks" thing, but infinity ABSOLUTELY means "without end", it SPECIFICALLY IS NOT an arbitrarily large, but finite, number. Please don't try to lecture anyone on infinity when you yourself have zero understanding on it or even mathematics at all.

Okay, I actually am going to leave one more observation: Even if we have an infinite set (say, all natural numbers [meaning positive integers and 0]), we can have a discrete, finite, unique set inside the infinite set. Say, the numbers 0, 1 and 2. This set does not appear anywhere else in the infinite set.

"Jesus Christ, so WHAT?" I hear you ask yourself. Well, this means that even when there's an infinite number of universes, there can plausibly be a finite number of Ricks.

"So I was still right? Right?" Well, not necessarily. An infinite set, like the one I presented, can also contain other infinite sets, and it can even contain infinite sets that are as big as the set itself. ("Dude... wtf?")

For example, the set of all natural numbers contains a set of [0, 1, 3, 6, 10, 15...] That is an infinite set smaller than itself. It also contains the set of every third natural number that is as big as itself. This means that there can also be an infinite number of Ricks in the infinite universes. There can even be as many Ricks as there are Universes, even though every Universe might not have a Rick ("As many" is actually not the correct term here, but you're too stupid to know the difference anyway).

I do not know which of the cases is true for Ricks. Are their sets finite or infinite, but Jesus Christ you're stupid.

>best post in Veeky Forums right now

I like the way you highfived yourself right there Mr. (You)

I love you

>Hell, we can even use Time magic to go back to before we knew he was a threat, and kill him then.

Technically this is the kind of shit Rick does

Rick is technocracy through and through, only he doesn't realize it, and he doesn't give a FUCK about vulgarity.

Rick is basically a Mage antagonist

beyond fucking fucked. the only way we'd appeal to him is if we somehow invited him to drink on us
or if we somehow had some piece of tech or science he'd be interested in

I wonder who could be behind this post

Rick made a mockery of a group of universal heroes called the Vindicators. he made a set of elaborate traps WHILE BLACKOUT DRUNK mind you and killed Worldender, one of the biggest villain of that universe.

Reminder that it was Morty that defeated the brain parasites, not Rick.

I use Fae contracts.

>Thinking a universe level villain means anything to a multiverse level megalomaniac.

oh yea, the memory parasites. Morty had a moment of Rick-tier genius for that one time and Rick barely acknowledged it.

I didn't like that episode for those reasons. I think it would have been better if they bounced actual noblebright off of Rick.

After all there can't be Grimdark without Noblebright otherwise why should I give a shit about this show?

it meant something to these universal heroes, but to Rick, that was Wednesday. that's what im trying to convey

Rick has no defense against emotional manipulation. He can be defeated unless he essentially lobotomizes himself.

Yeah, part of the problem is I think the new writers are drinking the Rick koolaid.

Rick is supposed to be an asshole who hates himself. The (dark) comedy comes from the fact that he succeeds by having absolutely no scruples or sense of decency. You aren't supposed to admire Rick, or think he's bad ass. You're supposed to pity him. This is one of the few saving graces of Pickle Rick episode, as it reminds us how pathetic he actually is. Of course redditors miss the point and reeee about "self insert psychologist" beating rick the fuck out with a "nonsensical speech".

She was basically pointing out that Rick is actually tremendously lazy, and all the science he does is just to avoid doing the actual work of self improvement.

>The Primary Antagonist of your campaign is pic related, how fucked are you

Not fucked at all.

It's my/the party's campaign so Rick loses the status of Protagonist and becomes the Antagonist. This means Rick loses his Plot Armor. Rick without his Plot Armor is nothing. Rick may still have his tech and smarts but he's up against Player Characters, and PC's routinely break DM expectations.

remember Rick has some form of Sub-dermal forcefield he can manifest at will, can make neutrino bombs and elaborate traps while black out drunk. he's got every conceivable ace up his sleeves and possibly even more. there's no winning against C-137 unless you're going for an emotional victory.

that's the flaw of C-137, he's slightly more emotional than other Ricks

> flaw.

You mean, it's his double-edged sword.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that front since they decided to have Rick be technically correct by having Machete save him in the credits.

Speaking of which that's another thing I haven't liked about this season. It just feels like they're wasting potential with certain plots and settings. Especially the first episode of the season.

Here we have prime specimens of the pretentious redditor hipster critic.

Thanks for the (Yous) faggot.

>sucks the shows dick
>LMAO RICK IS SO GREAT

no John you are the reddit

Rick and Morty is meant to be subversive black comedy. Once it becomes predictable or you start masturbating Rick, it degrades swiftly. Then it boils down to edgy jokes and Rick beating everyone forever because Rick is so great.

Your whole post just proves my point, you pretentious redditor hipster critic.

Wait until he's blackout drunk and shoot him.

I don't know about this character, since I dropped this trite after that poor excuse for a pilot episode.

And since my GM has taste, he would be dead in seconds if he appears at all.

/co/, you can't just take those insults and just turn them around.

He's essentially Deus Rick Machina. There's no "defeating" it, its a plot device that is up to the DM to implement.

>le reddit
>le hipster
>le you are pretentious for explaining your criticism of a TV show with some level of thought
>L'implication that I'm better than you because I lack such reasoning and have instead resorted to name calling.

I'm not even that user, I just think you're an idiot

why the writing for the new season is so bad

And he got captured and nearly killed by some guy playing a piano, saved only by serendipity

New Writers have drunk the Kool-Aid, are fans of the show but don't 'get' it, IMO. It has nothing to do with the fact they're women. It has everything to do with the fact they're fans of the show

I read this with Rick's voice, burbs and all.

for me it has also to do with the fact that they are women, too many emotional bullshit regarding Rick. The first seasons had much better emotional conflicts regarding Morty

Really? The only real emotional thing about Rick so far was the pickle Rick episode and I'd argue that was the best episode so far this season.

>*Burrps* Look, Morty, the thing is, the thing is, infinity is huuuge Morty. Morty, infinity doesn't *burp* doesn't end because if it ends it isn't infinity Morty. It's in the definition Morty. The definition. It's in the definition, Morty.
>But Rick, what about hum... Google-numbers. Aren't they infinite?
>Please kill me now, I can't *burp* I can't believe my grandson is that stupid. Googolplex is just a number Morty. It's not a magical word that will summon Chtulhu from the depth of spaa*burp*ce.

Sorry that I didn't laugh at Rick shitting all over everything.

>My Clarketech bullshit setting that I've never actually run
>Rick becomes the subject of a wildly unethical psychohistory project
>Rick gets raped by downstreaming iron star ghost computers
>Rick is faced with an arbitrarily large force of cooperative, interuniversal boltzmann brains that are smarter than he is

In essence, a robot will hurt his feelings

picke rick and the vindicators episode. 2/3 in the new season, formulaic episodes that have rick is cool/but also deep emotional stuff is happening combo

Dan Harmon has said the Vindicators episode is the worst one in this series.
It's not just pretentious reddit hipsters who didn't like it.

It's slightly better when you realise Rick intended to just leave with the portal gun, but he forgot it cause he passed out. Noob noob was supposed to be the guy to sit in the seat at the end, but he got stuck cleaning up after Rick. It triggered for Morty cause he's around the right shape and size. Rick ruins the whole episode by being a drunk idiot on every possible level.
But even then it's not great.

The only way to defeat Rick is to get his show cancelled, which means that you gotta start touching political issues that'll cause enough moral outrage that it'll piss off the normies and in an attempt to fix the damage, they'll instead end up making it worse.

It's already begun
>Israel reference from vindicators episode

That's assuming that Rick was indeed unaware of what he did when he was drunk.
He might have just lied, in which case he didn't need to expend the effort to free himself from the clutches of Supernova, since he knew that she wouldn't kill him in cold blood in front of a crowd.

Well, overall he didn't really say anything except complain about defense budget, which mind you, normies complain about as well.

It's still a beginning, a beginning down a slippery slope that may well end in a soiled reputation

>Technocracy through and through
>vulgarity is fine

Void Engineers stay in space for a reason

The whole multiverse shtick is so wrong
Say c-137 Rick plays russian roulette, there are now 6 more c-137 derived dimensions where the barrel landed in a different slot, including one where Rick dies

This is IF you espouse multiverse theory, if i recall correctly the preferred interpretation is now that the initial condition of your spin already determined which hole the barrel would select

Don't quote me on that's tho i'm just a mech eng

Infinite don't work like that you idiot. There are infinite integers, but only a finite number of them are smaller than ten.