Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Cadia broke edition

Old thread: >Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos getting closer each planet but still not good enough.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/08/16/regimental-standard-konor-war-diaries-part-4-vanitor/
knowyourmeme.com/memes/whoppy-machine-broke
youtube.com/watch?v=XUBtItceuec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CSM are niggers?

wtf is this shitty pic OP

regimental-standard.com/2017/08/16/regimental-standard-konor-war-diaries-part-4-vanitor/

>We’ve been asked to fill in our requisite psychic self-assessment forms, and all troops who score highly are being assigned to the first wave in order to clear the minefields ahead of the relay. The principle is simple – any latent precognitive abilities should allow a Guardsman to pinpoint any buried explosives, and should they fail – well, that’s one less potential witch to worry about!

Here you go my new friends :)

knowyourmeme.com/memes/whoppy-machine-broke

Does anyone know what happened to Garin?
For those of you who don't know, Garin is a user on thingiverse who made proxy models for Warhammer 40k.
Unfortunately, when I went to check his userpage today, all I got was a 404.
Did GW shut him down?

lordy lou

Post the latest thing you posted or assembled anons, I bet it looks ace

-Daemon prince 180 (warlord, unholy fortitude)
Claws, intoxicating elixir, wings
-Terminator lord 146
Combi melta, chain fist
-terminator sorcerer 175
Combi melta, force axe

-10 cultists 44
Heavy stubber
-10 cultists 49
Shotgun, flamer
-5 marines 85
Flamer, combi flamer

-helbrute 147
Twin lascannons, missile launcher
-5 terminators 260
5 combi plasmas, 2 power axes, 2 mauls, power fist

-5 havoks 105
4 heavy bolters
-predator 190
4 lascannons
-----------
-chaos lord 78
Power sword

-10 cultists 40

1499/1500, 7 command points

Playing Slaanesh renegades. First turn prince advances then tries to do so again with warp time going for a first turn charge with the helldrake using its 30" to do the same.
Termies all drop down together and bunkering up next to them. Prescience and delightful agonies on the squad before opening up in shooting phase, and doing it again with the squad using endless cacophony.
The helbrute, havoks and predator buker up behind the infantry wall with the lord for rerolls and the helbrute using fire frenzy.
Burning 3 command points per turn on cacophony and fire franzy that leaves 1 command for a command reroll.

>implying anyone on tg actually owns models or plays 40k
good one user

What's their action movie name again?

Thoughts on the Chapter Champion? Any good with that extra attack sword? Should I try to slip an Emperor's champion into my non-Black Templar renegade army and hope the other player doesn't notice?

Bringing the paint(t)?

Should I try applying at the GW store I just discovered exists near me \40kg\? Last two weeks convinced me I need a new job

become our inside man, user

>I bet it looks ace

I DON'T TAKE SUCKER BETS

Last model I fully painted, haven't been able to paint anything else, work fucking sucks....

>not planet broke
Why can't 40k white neckbeards do anything funny besides show themselves in public

Looking at starting some Emperor's Children as a second force to contrast with my Eldar.
I'd convert the sonic weaponry for those with it.
Pic related for the handful of minis I've built using some spare stuff I had lying around.

Anything you guys would suggest bringing or avoiding?

Scratch the bit about the drake, I'm retarded.
Prince is going man mode.

I like THICC tech priestesses

>Emperors children to contrast eldar
one loves slaanesh the other hates it, I mean that is some sort of contrast but not really, a better contrast would be nids/orks/tau

5 down, 95 to go. Nothing too spectacular but it's a start.

It's quite a contrast in available units and playstyle though.

John Thicc

>looking for the store I knew about
>literally first open job is barely 20 minutes from me
Now to see if they'd let a 25 year old run a store...

This
Do it you goose

I'm having a really fun time building and painting my Dark Eldar, though its dangerous in that it only encourages me to buy more.

SONIC DREAD

DO IT

DO IT NOW

>that one guy talking about his damn bobcut servitors
Haha, he actualy went and did it the absolute madman

Looks good, how will you model them?

Just regular CSM with pink paint jobs?

I wouldn't even go that far, it's a difference but not a contrast.
Both armies are composed of medium sized forces (usually) wielding combinations of melee and shooting weaponry that they are reasonably proficient in both.
A real contrast could be knights, guard/elysians (due to forcing combined arms/flyers), nids (swarms), tau/crons (no psykers, mainly shooty).
Any flavour of marines are similar and the faction closest to marines in playstyle is eldar, being more fragile but once again a jack of all trades army that can be modified to fit basically any role

Commandough

What do you guys think?

Belisarious Cawl - 250

2x Tech-Priest Dominus - 278
Volkite Blaster
Phosphor Serpenta

1x Cybernetica Datasmith - 52

10x Skitarii Vanguard - 149
3x Plasma Caliver
Omnispex

3x Plasma Caliver
Omnispex

3x Plasma Caliver
Omnispex

3x Kataphran Destroyers - 210
3x Plasma Culverin
3x Phosphor Blaster

5x Sicarian Infiltrators - 120
5x Stubcarbine
5x Power Sword

2x Kastelan Robots - 220
6x Heavy Phosphor Blaster

Onager Dunecrawler - 143
1x Neutron Laser + cognis heavy stubber
Broad-Spectrum Data Tether

Onager Dunecrawler - 143

Onager Dunecrawler - 143

1998 Points Total

Army is split into a Battalion and a Spearhead Detatchment

Is a fortification-heavy Guard build viable?
I like the idea of holding the line with bunkers and trenches

Seconded they're amazing

I'm 25 and I run all the IT equipment for a multi million pound company.
You can run a store easily.

Just changed the heads.

Looking like decent praetorians?

skyshield are good, either give a 5++ or let flyers in hover mode regenerate d3 wounds, chuck on a vulture and a techpriest and you regen 2d3 (iirc) wounds a turn while dumping 40 S5 Ap0 D1 shots a turn at BS3+

The issue isn't young employees, it's the older people that are in charge of hiring and their prejudice against young hires.

Also I messed up trying to get his feet to the base lol, it's a bit shameful isn't it. I'm sure when based and painted it will just be part of the foliage.

You also probably are qualified for it, I know I could easily do it, it's more their attitudes towards it

GUILLIMAN NERF WHEN??

why? he is weak as shit.

magnus bitchslapped him in my last game.

Never. Stop asking us, NPCfag

They said they're nerfing conscripts atm, Bobby G will have to wait. Just use autocannons to down him in the mean time

Got gud, casul

Ork hq on par with Girlman when?

I am an absolute madman, and I did it because one That Guy at my FLGS went on at length about wanting to make a Missing Legion army of female Marines using the Prodos bikini armour warriors from Space Crusade.

He wants more girls in 40k? He gets John Blanche nightmare fuel.

>behold the true power of orktism

>Shooting Guilliman
That's not how it works

Are there any Harlequin colour schemes that don't involve the diamonds? I'm sorely tempted to get a 1000 point force of them but I know my painting skills aren't up to that task.

>pew pew pew!!

Maybe I do have Orktism..... but seriously when?

Three lines then three lines across those boss practice on a tester. If it dosent work paint a solid over it and try again you'll get it in no time flat!

Just paint them as you see fit. You don't need to stick to an official scheme.

Oh I've tried it, my hands are just real shaky at the best of times so I struggle with that kind of thing. Mostly just wondering if anyone has seen non-diamond paintjobs on them that came out nicely.

>painting Harlequins
>does not want to use harlequin pattern

Well, I mean, I guess you can paint them as Bozo the Clowns, but please note I have lost all respect for you, you freak.

>Astaramis [x]
>Konor [x]
>Nethamus [x]

There's the hat-trick. That's 3/6. Chaos cucks fighting for a draw at based.

still prefer "Game Ogre"

>implying they wont REEEEE for an overtime if they somehow managed to catch up

Primaris Death Company when?

IF. they manage to win the remaining three (which they won't) I reckon GeeDubs will do a tie breaker of sorts. Maybe spess battle

I don't know any other way to play anymore

my desires exceed my abilites

There's some nice black & white schemes in the 7th edition codex. Quite striking, but not a diamond in sight. (If you're worried about the vehicle stripes, masking tape is your friend there.)

Red and black bodies, pink helmets and shoulder pads with gold trim.

Hair, jewellery and sometimes single body segments in bright purple, yellow, green and teal stripes/dots.

Daemon prince is either going to pinkish purple skinned with solid gold armour or mostly green with a flower motif.

Terminally ill

I will admit I was intimidated till I oneshot him with my MacroCannon. Then he got up and I did it again. 2d6 Earthshaker rounds is a bitch with high rolls.

How are you getting 7 command points?

Look up the frozen stars troupe, literally babbys first harlequin army.

resin cancer boys

When will GW release CSM chosen seperately from the fucking DV?

Battalion + patrol

So I want to expand my Dark Eldar because they're fun to paint. One of the two ways I'm considering doing so is making a small mostly Coven force that can either stand alone as a 1000point/50PL army of its own or dovetail with my Kabal for a bigger army.

With that in mind, would a Buff Manchest Coven army where everything is T5 (effectively) and tougher than pansy marines or orks be any good on the table top? Something like
>Haemonculus
>10 Wracks (or 9 to share the Raider with the Haemy)
>Raider
>Talos
>Cronos
>Reavers with Painbringer x 9
And then either another Talos, another Haemonculus to footslog and buff the pain engines, or break my T5 only rule and pick up some Dark Lance or Blaster Scourges for anti armor work.

Some Groteseques are an option too, but I honestly think they seem to be outclassed by both Wracks and Talos's in different ways.

If Imperium win the next then GW should just end this stupid rabble and release Morty already.

patrol gives 0 CP, you have 6

patrol give nothing, if it did it would be bonkers

>Belisarious Cawl - 250
>250

Whoever thought that this was a good idea needs to be shoot.

My mistake.

>npc
I play marines, fag.

That looks pretty nice, especially with the metal masks. Thanks user!
Thanks boss!

Unless they're yellow, your still a fag

If marine chapters were football teams which ones would they be? Some chapters' colours match well with actual team colours

Makes me realise they have to make Chaos win something so they can sell their shitty morty-moth model

Pic from the other side please, i wanna see the robo TITS

(and also just look at how you did the torso, i like 'phrons)

What are some things a librarian should have? I am converting one out of a spare primaris lieutenant and he's pretty bare thankfully but I am not sure what bits to all.

youtube.com/watch?v=XUBtItceuec

>Marines Malevolent
>Milwall FC

Who would be Seahawks chapter?

This.
Reminder that it's a psychic affliction for those who carry Sanguinius' genetics, not a genetic flaw that can be corrected without them not actually being Blood Angels.

Ultramarines=chelsea
Blood Ravens=man united
Hull city=imperial fists
Liverpool=blood angels
idk anymore but there's a rundown of some relevant chapters

Someone the imperial fist (steelers) stomp all the fuck over

Morty is literally no one's favorite Primarch, he's strike up being a cunt. If they want him to sell then they should had release him before all this stupid campaign.

Breasts are an abomination in the name of the Omnissiah, user

"And the machine god said, let there be a rugged all terrain V8 powered booty. And Guilliman did say "nice"." - Belisarius Cawl 420.69.M42

PRAISE THE OMNISSAH!

Now is the time for chaos players to send in their soul grinders!

>"The Angel Combustion has shown her true form!!!"
Official diggaz kits when? I want muh mad max already

>beta waifufags btfo