Android: Netrunner General - /anrg/

Gencon soon - what are your hopes and fears?
FFG's big announcement presentation is tomorrow: gencon.com/events/110527

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/d3/aad35e6c-afdb-4de4-b034-ec5b5b748106/adn_faq_v312.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/84/fa84c620-cd7e-4c6c-96bd-c703419fca5e/adn_mwl_v12_web.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons
ice.emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site

Check out the very WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

Old Bread

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/17/all-sectors-on-alert/
netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/960666
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Someone should add in the ONR database to the OP, if only for nostalgia's sake.

From last thread, was thinking, Spoilers on a surface level looks like Gang Sign, which might explain why they are so close mechanically. But Spoilers cannot benefit from a multiplicand effect (HQI) and you cannot manipulate the state of R&D the way you can manipulate the state of HQ by your moves and board states.

A bit late, but yeah, best summation of why I immediately thought Spoilers needed to have an innately stronger effect than Gang Sign to actually represent an equivalent investment in value.

It's kinda sad to see the NA champs at GenCon reduced from 2 days/flights to just 1 leading to the top cuts.

That's an excellent point, though I will say as OP that the header post is getting a little tight.

I dunno, while gang sign's stacking is very powerful (and it's something I'll be glad to see going) it also has the possibility of screwing you over, which Spoilers does not.
Spoilers also advances milling a little, and you could in theory set R&D up, though it'd be highly impractical.

I do find it interesting how two such similar cards were practically together - obviously a small mechanic they wanted in San San.
Speaking of San San, kinda amazing how much better the flavour is in some packs than others

Browsed the OP links and see if any are worth removing.

Any reason to have blackat and acoo in there? I know some people use meteor still but netrunnerdb is pretty much the best and maybe most used. Could probably collapse Card List etc. and Deckbuilding Resources into a single paragraph too.

If we want to really keep it clean we could dump blog links and podcasts into a single pastebin, especially the deader ones. I can see why they should be in the OP, but new players would probably rather ask the thread directly for any questions anyway. Of note is it's been a while since self-modifyingcode and netreadyeyes updated, and canlaugh.com is completely gone.

I'll be honest, I just post that shit - of the ones you mentioned I haven't visited any more than like once or twice, and really the """official""" deckbuilder (cardgamedb) should probably be on there, seeing as it actually beat out db for once with Crimson Dust

>Spoilers also advances milling a little

Best case scenario, if you manage to set up all three copies before any score, you're looking at milling 9 cards generally with the general agenda set up. I think that's worth a lot less than the potential accesses you get from Gang Sign, even counting the possible screw ups. AND because of HQI support, you can get al lot more too with GS.
Ties back to user's previously mentioned vanilla feel of crims I suppose: it's not flashy, but it lands you points.
I guess my point is that the milling is too little, and the potential Archives accesses worth less.

Never cared enough to even notice a difference.

>Any reason to have blackat and acoo in there?

Choice? The tools are here and working. We all have our most comfortable tools.
I like Blackat myself when building.

Blogs are a difficult choice, you don't want the data to die, you want it available to those that might need it, but yeah, no update in a long while. I think the pastebin would be a decent compromise.

I like the official one, I just wish the mistakes were corrected. There's been some on that thing since at least Mumbad that are still here.

>deckbuilders
I don't know, I'm never one for over-redundancy, especially since OP is usually reserved for "number one things that you would point to a newcomer". But I've never made a thread, so I guess I'll leave that your discretions.

>blogs
They would be available, newcomers just need to dig in a little deeper to find the blogs, which if user is willing probably won't be a big issue. I'd vouch for Why I Run, Autocard sentence, and Worlds of Android stuff to be in there too, since they fit under Extra Resources for those that want to look for them.

You know those String Theory decks, where only 5 cards in the entire deck *aren't* events? What are some cards that are like Oracle May, in that they reward you for having almost exclusively one kind of card in your deck?

> As that other user mentioned,do you think there's anything those new cards do that wasn't being done by older cards, in different ways? If only AS/FAO/Parasite and Medium + virus support?

I'm assuming "AS" is Akshara Sareen? Nobody reasonable uses that for obvious reasons.

FAO and Parasite/Medium Viruses have counters in the sense that while you lose a turn for the viruses, you CAN stop them from completely steamrolling you outside of them running multiple times to get the virus counters back on Medium.

FAO isn't that bad outside of recursion, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms in regards to the game design that we'd be opening.

> I'm thinking what would be an issue worth investigating is the range of decks. How specialized they need to get to to create their win condition vs how many opposing strat they can decently face. I don't think the game is in that bad a spot on that front. But as I say, beware of hunches.

This is where my problem with the game comes in: You have to "predict the meta" and then slot in "silver bullets" and then "install before they use their wombo combo cards" said silver bullets. That's *too many steps/bullshit* to counter steamrolls/shenanigans.

IMO you shouldn't need to "slot in these cards" to counter strategies like Counter-Surveillance and tag-me because you weren't considering that strategy to be on the table. There should be hard limits on the cards in regards to accesses.

Deep Data Mining, for instance: "One Card for each unused Memory Unit UP TO 4" which means the base 4. If said base 4 is completely used, it uses your additional installed ones up to 4.

R&D interface? +3 if all three are installed, otherwise it's +1 access per the card.

Which is FAR MORE reasonable because at the most you're going to multi-access 7.

This is what I'm getting at when I said FF designs cards in a vacuum and doesn't see cases where you'd go "that's total bullshit and I'm not sure how that got past their designers" when--

>I'm assuming "AS" is Akshara Sareen? N
Little card called Account Siphon, maybe?

-- "legacy" format is added.

Rubicon Switch (forgetting which one is the older one right now) + Black Guard is a notable example of a combo that should have a hard limit but seemingly doesn't because Fantasy Flight never looked forward/back and saw that interaction.

It's telling that a lot of the cards that have come out recently have needed Eratta's done to them.

Again: I like the game, but a lot of the shenanigans/bullshit not being able to be stopped/countered in mid-run/turn is what bothers me about the game mostly. There has to be something like an "instant" level card that doesn't need to be installed that you can go "yo, hold up: I'm stopping this bullshit right here with this card" to at least flatten the power-curve/bullshit that is there currently.

Or they need to take a good hard look at the design of the game currently and start worrying about trouble-some combos and tamper the power level down a bit.

Because, IMO: You shouldn't feel like "that's bullshit" because you didn't pack certain cards for certain strategies. You should be able to "roll with the punches" and not have instant-level 20+ multi-access cards installed that you can't do shit about because you weren't "predicting that" "meta."

Ah, that slipped my mind. Account Siphon in a vacuum isn't that horrible.

Account Siphon + recursion is HORRIBLE unless you're playing like Skorpios or have ARC Lockdown and other such exile cards. But that goes back to "how the hell did that get past FF in regards to shenanigans that should be told 'yo, no.'?"

>Spoilers
I've played both and I have to say that, while Gang Sign put huge pressure on the Corp to only score while having no agendas in HQ, Spoilers felt more comfy in the sense that it mills, denying cards and potentially trashing an agenda or two to pick up later seemed to pay off better.
Of course, both tactics were kind of neutered by Jackson (dealing with Flood and Mills) so I gather both cards are going to get better after rotation.

My signature play during a league (that I won) was Spoilers-Turntable. I let the Corp score the big ones, but then I traded the crap and the mills for it.

>FF designs cards in a vacuum and doesn't see cases where you'd go "that's total bullshit and I'm not sure how that got past their designers"
Or a counter card could be coming out that shuts down that strategy. Which will probably happen, but in like pack 5 of the next cycle.

Let's look at the actual complaint: not having a counter if you did not include one during deckbuilding. Say we get a new Operation subtype that lets you play the operation during paid ability windows. How is having this card around any different from slotting already available silver bullets? What if the card didn't work outside of tag me situations? Would you still slot it for fear of a 20 card dig? What if it was a simple "Play only during a run. End the run." Now it works everywhere. But imagine the outcry from the other end. I bet it'd get MWLed fairly quickly. Even Jackson and Moon with their paid ability window shenanigans already get an awful lot of complaints, I doubt it would be any different with this hypothetical subtype.

Let's look at it a different way now. One thing that I would like to point out is that Counter-Surveillance doesn't "steam roll" out of nowhere. They are steadily gaining these tags every turn, waiting for a response from the corp, until they have the wombo combo cards in hand to score the win. If they can't build up tags, credits, or lose combo pieces, then they can't fire it. So your target would obviously be to aim for that weakness. And the easiest method is actually to just play Closed Accounts because then they can't pay for the 10+ credits needed to fire the access.

Why consider such solutions at all? Because in the end, the onus for including and finding a response to runner strategies is ultimately on the corp. By going tag me turn one the runner is posing a question, and what matters is your answer. And including answers at the possible cost of being useless is *calculated risk*, something not unfamiliar corpside.

But of course, you don't want to build for a meta, because maybe you won't ever see it. Honestly, I can't think of any competitive game where a meta *doesn't* develop, where you don't need to adapt to the everchanging situations, and you can just play the same deck over and over and do decently. Even in fighting games you're picking up what moves the opponent keeps using, you're considering what counters you have to that move, and then you're implementing that thought process towards winning games. Especially in games with a hugeload of moving parts, there's bound to be ones that rise up into prominence, and get spammed by all the competitive players. And say you do have a deck that can beat all other types of decks. Would there be a reason to play any other deck if your aim is to win? Shouldn't a deck capable of beating everything be an outlier instead of a goal?

Like, I feel your frustration, Counter-Surveillance does seem - no, *is* - very overbearing, but I can't shake the feeling you're going about this the wrong way, which is wanting an instant solution with little effort on part of the player.

Let's got at it the other way: some elements are part of the game, and forgoing any solution to the problem they pose is a deliberate choice that should come with consequences.
If for example, one refuses to slot any solution to damage, well damage being an integral part of the game means sometimes one won't be able to just bite the bullet.
As should be.

Conversely, if one so chooses to play a deck that is all about damage, one can't really complain when meeting a deck like, say, the post-Mars self-damaging one, which is all about being enabled by said damage.

It's not so much that the decks needs more and more silver bullets, as much as the fact that people have managed to just ignore whole swathe of the other side wholesale for so long was an aberration, and hyper specialized decks being shut-down by their natural predators is as should be.

Oh I've played Spoilers, and I'll play it again, I just think it's a rather weak card that you have to want to play. Even in dedicated milling decks it suffers from a huge case of so-called "46th-card syndrome".
Which to a point is understandable, s they probably don't want to have too many support effects to snowball out of control. Damned if they do, damned if they don't; poor designers.

Honestly, the whole "ability window priority" needs to a total overhaul, from top-to-bottom, IMO.

It's not so much "you need to play these during this window" instant-like's, I want, but more counter-counter-counter abilities.

Take "Fall Guy" for example. It prevents a card from being trashed. Why couldn't you make that into a non-installed instant-level counter-card ability that can only be played during a run?

> What if it was a simple "Play only during a run. End the run."

I'm not asking for subroutines like that to be an instant-level counter. I'm asking for something like:

> Play only during a run: The runner can only access 1 additional card. Use this only if a card ability allows multi-access.

Bit of a mouthful, but what I'm wanting is less snowball shenanigans to where BOTH sides can shrug off a card ability and be like "well, that sucked but I'm still in the game" and less "holy shit, what the fuck was Fantasy Flight thinking!?"

> Let's look at it a different way now. One thing that I would like to point out is that Counter-Surveillance doesn't "steam roll" out of nowhere. They are steadily gaining these tags every turn, waiting for a response from the corp, until they have the wombo combo cards in hand to score the win. If they can't build up tags, credits, or lose combo pieces, then they can't fire it. So your target would obviously be to aim for that weakness. And the easiest method is actually to just play Closed Accounts because then they can't pay for the 10+ credits needed to fire the access.

Again: That requires 1) Knowing their gameplan and 2) having those counter-cards abilities in.

Like I get your example, and I shut down Joshua B, instantly (which was their method of gaining tags) but at that point they were able to tag themselves with other card abilities and there was very little I/the Corp can do to throw those card abilities out on their turn other than pray they won't use it.

(Fucking comment limits)

> It's not so much that the decks needs more and more silver bullets, as much as the fact that people have managed to just ignore whole swathe of the other side wholesale for so long was an aberration, and hyper specialized decks being shut-down by their natural predators is as should be.

Sure. At the same time:

> But of course, you don't want to build for a meta, because maybe you won't ever see it. Honestly, I can't think of any competitive game where a meta *doesn't* develop, where you don't need to adapt to the everchanging situations, and you can just play the same deck over and over and do decently.

There's nothing *inherently wrong* with a "meta"-game happening. There's something inherently wrong when your options are limited to "hope you include these in your deck otherwise enjoy snowball effects happening where you can't do anything but take it on the chin and hope nothing bad happens."

I'm more complaining about the game design more than the "meta." There really should be NO card that allows a 20+ multi-card access like that. Like, it's an extreme corner case so I give FF some slack, but the fact that the game design has no hard "you can only multi-access up to X (say 7, but maybe less post-rotation) cards because any more means you can nearly instantly win the game" and other such non-sense (Temujin credit swings on empty archives) really begs the question why some of the design is the way it is.

> Play only during a run: The runner can only access 1 additional card. Use this only if a card ability allows multi-access.
Because the game should be played around planning and developing resources. No *Counterspell* bullshit ala MtG. If you want to stop something, you need to prepare for it, install it like an upgrade or an asset.
In the example it's already mentioned, the pieces a tagme anarch play are striking and obvious. They are signalled several turns in advance, you just don't know when is everything going down.

The synergy of the cards is pretty strong, but it's not unfair like Val Blackmail DLR bullshit. or Andy DLR with 4 mill a turn, maybe more.

I find the recent trend of jank decks aimed at accessing the entire R&D really amusing. It started back with Hayley's Dyper, but then we got Highway Robbery, which was followed by the Bug Out Bag combo in Los, and now this Counter Surveillance.
I love this game.

I'd say most support dedicated support cards to certain types: Replicator/Bazaar/Inside Man;Calling in Favor/Off-Campus Apartment/Hostage; /Power Nap; The Supplier? Comet?

>And the easiest method is actually to just play Closed Accounts

The All Seeing I is one influence.
The All Seeing I is *one* influence. And I wouldn't really call that a silver bullet.

>That requires Knowing their gameplan

The fact that you list that as a negative is weird to me, and I wonder how much of that sentiment is pivotal in our difference of opinion on the matter. I love *having* to read my opponent's deck. And I positively love being confronted to new unknown crazy strategies. The pleasure of having to try and figure it out on the fly is definitely worth losing one game over.

>Bug Out Bag combo in Los

Haven't met that one. Color me interested.

The most adorable mongoose

ASI isn't so much a bullet as much as it's an NBN weapon - seeing as they haven't expanded tags out other than a very minimum, using ASI is pretty fraught, despite the 1 inf (that said, i'd love to see HB/Jinteki use it)

I agree with you on discovering a cool new deck by losing to it though

Aaaaaaand it's official:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/17/all-sectors-on-alert/

>Starlight Crusade Funding/Power Nap

Sorry, I accidentally a bit. For a change.

>"hope you include these in your deck otherwise enjoy snowball effects happening where you can't do anything but take it on the chin and hope nothing bad happens."

I keep going back to that comment. I'll go back to what I was saying: I think the default state of the game *should* be one that include solutions to all problems. Removing them should be the outlier. The fact that the outlier has been the normal state for so long *is* the problem. The fact that people that have been building average decks with basic solutions to most problems they could encounter have been said to be playing "shit decks" for so long is the problem, in a way.

I love it in Nisei kill: Cerebral Cast -> ASI is one mean come-back when they think too much of your Fumiko Yamamori implied kill plan.

While I'm at it: killing the runner by way of Voter Intimidation? Extremely satisfying.

>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/17/all-sectors-on-alert/
>This means that, in a single turn and at the cost of a single credit, they could install an agenda like Posted Bounty and defend it with a triple-advanced Asteroid Belt —which it can rez for free!

I don't want to be mean to the people writing those blurbs, but why did they have to chose Posted Bounty, given how bad it is in that specific situation? Makes me sad.

I misremembered, it was Bug Out Bag and Whizzard, or any anarch really.
Bug Out Bag to draw the whole deck, then smash HQ with Fear the Masses for the mill. Repeatedly. With Amped Up clicks.

netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/960666

Speaking of sad tentacle-y things in cyberspace

All Seeing I doesn't really do much to Counter Surveillance decks besides getting rid of Mercs though, you'd still need a follow-up card.

Depends on the rig, but getting rid of every resource pieces on the board BUT Jarogniew for one credit and a click is pretty great value.

Sure, but CS decks in particular usually don't have important resources to trash. Closed Accounts atleast might buy you a turn, assuming you've been building up enough ice to survive a Siphon and tax their credits to below their tag amount during the CS run.

The trouble with CA being Free Mars.

>Sure, but CS decks in particular usually don't have important resources to trash.

I don't know that the builds have stabilized yet. The few I've played against still used DLR/Joshua B. - though that's soon to be history for most. ASI removes everything that protects Jarogniew. Trouble is more: Mercs, Obelus, or both? And even then if Obelus is here, as likely, I'd be totally willing to go a route that hasn't been popular in a long while: just Scorch to get rid of cards, as long as it won't be prevented. Forget the kill.
The point being I guess CA is a short term solution, ASI is about slowing the build up to manageable levels over mid-term.

Old Hollywood is another fun short term solution.
Forcing a Holmegaard or Hudson 1.0 - is 2.0 coming soon? seems warranted - to fire via everyone's favorite PSI-sop could also work. And it's not as if those moving pieces were complete losses against other matches then...

Haven't build him for a while, and have to wonder: add Reaver and some of the last two cycle's cards, can you make an Apex deck that just tosses the Apocalypse plan aside? Would be an interesting direction to take.

>The trouble with CA being *Mars for Martians*

Sorry about that.

>The trouble with CA being Free Mars
Of course, which is why I mention surviving a Siphon.

Free Mars is a Priority Event, so you can't use it multiple times in a turn. Following a Closed Accounts, they would only have a single click between playing Free Mars, installing CS, then firing it. The runner would have enough credits make the CS run, but not fire CS itself. If the ice on both HQ and RnD cost them more than 10 credits (or maybe 8, since Siphon gives an extra 2 tags to pay for), then firing off Counter Surveillance wouldn't yield them anything.

And I agree with Scorching for the sake of getting rid of cards, but it does depend on the board state though. ASI -> trash Mercs -> Scorched is much more favourable while there's

>Free Mars is a Priority Event
Why embarass me so

Browsing through the ONR database, it's striking how many early ANR cards were inspired by the older versions. One could say it would even be for the worse, since those designs might've unintentionally set a weird standard to follow. I think I like ONR Link better though, the need to have *some* dedicated link cards or risk losing all traces could've messed with runner side deckbuilding the same way agendas and ice mess with corp side.

Well, I blame more the changes than the copycats.

Mimic's cost got hugely buffed, for example. like 7 -> 3 or something.

I mean, I couldn't find a parasite in all this.

5 hours for announcements? Where are our gencon insiders?

I saw on reddit that there was no netrunner on display at their booth. We'll probably have to wait for the panel for info.

This becoming Crecentus was an inspired change.

Actually, Crescentus was just superglue.

Some changes were for the best though.

>Crash Space
>Gain [1] at the start of each of your turns. All trace attempts are automatically successful, and give you a tag in addition to their other effects. If Crash Space leaves play, lose [2].
>A: Trash Crash Space.

The current Crash Space effect was from one of those vehicle cards I think. Why they didn't just keep the cars I don't know though.

Still nothing from the inflight report?

Nope, and it looks like there won't be.

Only 'news' is probable rotation before worlds due to next cycle starting late in the year.

Shame! Shame!

RIP Netrunner.

scoops for the scoops god:

Cycle 8 is Damon designed. There might be mild adjustments from Boggs, but primarily a Damon product. Cycle 9 has been tested. Both of these products have been tested with Core 2.0. I have this on good authority.

I fully expect us to see an annoncement of Core 2.0 - and no, nobody knows when this is coming out/what it actually is - and Cycle 8 _in maybe a month or so-ish_ + the new rotation. I personally expect Core 2.0 to not immediatedly be a physical product, but to be a new legal card list implemented immediatedly at the same time as Rotation (bear in mind that Rotation now happens when they announce it, not by any product release)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and ask whether you know if it'll be an X-Wing type core and exist next to the 1.0 with the latter maybe heavily MWLed, or replace it entirely with certain cards being entirely illegal for play?

From a fucking audience question, rather than the report itself:

>New cycle is delayed but will arrive before end 2017. Rotation will be happening early, before worlds. - Andrew Navarro

So no Whiz or Jackson at worlds, which should be interesting, and Boggs has basically been given a couple of months to go over whatever turds Damon left in cycle 8 and make sure it works.

More or less what I am hearing on the floor at Gencon too.

First Cycle 8 was a huge mess past anything we have seen before. Boggs had to a bunch of work to make it passable and marketing is fighting him most of the way. When it was ready to print they pushed it to the back of the queue for L5R core sets.
We have not heard anything as L5R is bigger than FFG expected and Netrunner might get pushed back again for a 2nt core run or to move up cycle releases. There is a 50/50 chance that we won't see anything new out of Netrunner till early 2018.

The future of Netrunner was going to be relaxing Cycle releases and do more Terminal Directive style boxes but it flopped so hard that they canceled all 3 they had the pipe line so Netrunner is kind of in limbo for releases outside of very slow cycles.

Odds are Netrunner will be a "legacy" game by 2019.

I have been seeing Netrunner players publicly announcing the game is dead and trying to buy L5R cores off people.

Worlds is going to be 100% remote spam.
No Whizzard or Scrubber to deal with remotes.

Tons of good remote toys are still legal so unless we get a new MWL on top of the rotation the Worlds meta is going to suck.

I suspect we will get a MWL with the formal rotation announcement - Boggs has been good on keeping that updated-ish at least

Which is stronger, Counter Surveillance Tagme or Asset Spam Prison?

Aaaand I am done.
Off to Legend of the Five Rings!

That's probably what to expect. What do you think will be there?

Friends in High Places
Estelle Moon
Counter Surveillance
Obelus?

Does anyone feel the Netrunenr kind of died from not being inclusive?
The game is like 99% white dudes in their 30s.
FFG likely saw how gross the games community is and wanted to drop it.

Is the netrunner comunity so disapointed about gencon that they shut downt jinteki(.)net or does it happened regulary?
I'm back from genesis cycle and wanted to check the new meta.

Might just be something odd with jnet right now. Actually surprised that its down

Owner of Jnet was ranting in chat during inflight and said he is shutting it down.

Dear lord. That's quite all disappointing.
This is really, really bad PR, and could have some bad repercussions for the future of the game.

Stay tuned I guess.

Is this time to quote T.S Elliot Hollow Men?

>The future of Netrunner was going to be relaxing Cycle releases and do more Terminal Directive style boxes but it flopped so hard that they canceled all 3 they had the pipe line

Damn. Very, very sad and disappointed if true. TD wasn't perfect, but I definitely think it was a step in a *good* direction.

pls tell me this is true and post a screencap

Hayley as ID
Saker, Peregrine, and Golden as breaker suite
Dhegdheer, Multithreader, and Sahasrara, all for the purpose of discounting shenanigans with the birds.
I'd still be better off using Kate

Owner of jinteki.net previously shut it down over an argument, so this wouldn't surprise me. However, I cannot confirm that this has happened again.

yeah i remember the drunk rant about his ex girlfriend, shit was hilarious

Maybe if we're lucky, they're reworking the TD sequels to have more streamlined gameplay?

I was not expecting that conclusion. The birds didn't take the hit.

As of right now "wait and see" is all we have left. I hope FFG understands it's not a great idea to let anxious people simmering for too long.

I'm kinda smirking at all the people going "no Whiz and Jackson at worlds!" like it was some incredible news. Did they expect some magic replacement solution in the the very first data packs of next cycle?

The replacements are going to be mostly what we already have.

what a fucking ruse

The biggest flaw of non-installable cards is that it circumvents, the primary resource of the game, Clicks. It just doesn't work.

I'm taking the current card pool. Printing the latest MWL and saying "This is the best Netrunner now and forever".
How wrong do you think I will be in a year?

Wasn't it due to crimson dust being implemented this time? Should be back up by now?

Bit strange to hear that when Moons are so prevalent, and it's not exactly meant to be core set levels of sales right?

>Bit strange to hear that when Moons are so prevalent

Would confirm what some of us have been saying: competitive sales are probably far from the bulk of sales.

You're far from the only one thinking this. Some people have been planning this since D&D.

Part of why I think the current silence will do a lot more hurt than might be imagined: it's just going to comfort some that were hesitant in the decision .

I do think they've been way too liberal in their experimentation with paid ability windows. Have been lamenting since SMC and Clone Chip, they severely underestimated the value. I don't know that it's just the click economy though Yeah, the possible click compression is very strong, but also the interstitial play in itself has huge value, and there' also the possibility of playing things during runs.

Wait, shouldn't competitive be making the bulk of said sales in this case? Gotta have to get TD to spam out Moons after all. And at the very least it should at least be equal to any of the existing deluxes.

Still, was kinda saddened TD didn't bring in an influx of new players.

If all competitive players bought TD, but the sales are still considered abysmal, then two possible answers are that the competitive pool has shrunk terribly in the last few months (could always be that), or if it is stable enough that the competitive pool never amounted to that much of the sales volume anyway.

I wonder if Netrunner would have retained popularity if there was a metaplot of sorts ala L5R?

Something akin to those 2 voting events (the Chronos Protocol and that other one the Collective lost) we had but more frequent?

Maybe. I probably won't ever play L5R - mandatory two core is way too expensive - but I'm definitely keeping up with the short stories they post every two weeks atleast. The main problem with ANR for new players has always been that learning curve though, not the lore.

>mandatory two core is way too expensive

As opposed to the mandatory 3 cores in ANR?

>mandatory
I've only had one core and never needed more. And I can atleast play single core ANR with a friend with full decks, and even get some customization in, instead of the half decks of L5R, and the fixed decks filled with singles of AHLCG. ANR definitely gives the most bang for your buck out of all FFG LCGs.

ANR core set definitely gives the most bang for your buck, I mean.

Bullshit. 2 cores is recommended for tournaments to get fullsets of many cards. But it's definitely not mandatory. 3 cores? Totally unnecessary. Only reason for that is to get a third Desperado, and just as easily you can ask a friend to lend it to you.

On the subject of 2 cores, Core 2 is still a thing. FFG just loves being stupid and seems to hate Netrunner. Maybe they want to delay the pain that Anarch players will feel in losing Medium, Yog, Parasite, and Deja Vu. Or Crims losing Siphon. Who knows?

Core 2 is not a thing, quit spreading this baseless rumor. next cycle is Damon-made, Boggs-fixed, and the cycle after is pure Boggs and might not even happen, We don't know jack about boxes.

Even back in the early days you could get by with a single core depending on which faction (ie not crims or NBN) you played.

I could have sworn either Boggs or Damon talked a little on Cycle 9, but yeah, he's having to go through 8 with a fine-toothed comb.

Something Core 2-ish has been floated around, talked about, whispered about, and quite possibly playtested for a long-ass time, but other than that we know nothing

Could be replacement, could be like X-wing, it might have died in development, FFG's higher-ups might can it for reasons known only to them, printing capacity for large sets might be all taken up with L5R... the possibilities (and thus rumours) are endless

I think they are using Boggs fixing Cycle 8 as a convenient excuse to tank ANR to leech its players into L5R.

It's an unfortunate fact that LCG's compete largely with each other for players - I can totally understand not wanting to drop something big during another game's launch, but it's both very unfortunate timing and pretty poor handling - I highly, highly doubt they want to kill anything.

I also totally buy that cycle 8 needs a bit of fixing, or at the very least they want to make sure the players aren't going to be up in arms and bitching when it does launch - again, totally understandable, just pretty badly done.

If in a couple of weeks Boggs jumps on a few podcasts - and he's shown a total willingness to do so in the past, on MWL issues and admit he was over-cautious on one of them - and he just frankly spells out that he's got to look at the post-rotation "very carefully" making sure it's right and balanced "for the health of the game", I'd be a bit more accepting.
He can't trash Damon (defamation and all that), but just saying it needs a review, maybe mention the printers or something - honestly, he should just do what he did when he took over again, that really helped with a lot of lukewarm opinions.

Oh, and a MWL, seeing as it's the closest thing to an ANR product they can put out for a while - Moon and Moose on 2 would probably do most of the trick

It'd help if the marketing team did not hate Boggs and his unwillingness to listen to them.
They are more or less going to kill off Netrunner by delaying releases and doing no announcements to make sure the devs know their place at FFG.

Kay. Also, NBN loses Astroscript and Breaking News. Haas-Bioroid loses Accelerated Beta Test and age-old ETF. Weyland loses bloody Scorched Earth, which is a big deal for 'Core only' players but much less so for those with access to BOOM! Again though, you'll find out when FFG gets their heads out of their asses and agrees to put the damn thing out.

Hopefully this kind of inter(intra?)-FFG feud isn't true, you'd think the higher ups would atleast care about it if it costed them money and/or the player base, and shut it down quickly.