Fate of Konor : IMPERIUM is 3 for 3!

Discuss results of Nethamus & speculate on Vanitor's outcome here.

>Imperial Victory at Nethamus!
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/17/imperial-victory-on-nethamus/
warhammer40000.com/blog/imperial-victory-nethamus/
Chaos finally managed to win one region (UK ROW/ Convey Druseus) on Nethamus, meaning they are officially 1 victory region to Imperium's 8.

Next up: Vanitor, site of Konor's Astropathic Relay!
>Debrief on the situation on the ground:
warhammer40000.com/blog/week-four-vanitor/

>Week 4's Mission: INTO THE HELLMOUTH
warhammer40000.com/mission-4-into-the-hellmouth/

>PDF of this week's mission:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/08/40k_Campaign_Envelope_cards_Mission4_Imperium.indd_.pdf

For the Emperor!
Death to the False Emperor!
WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Mission 4 begin!

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/12th_Black_Crusade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Soul Grinders need to be in full force, chaos can win this!

I'm proud of you, Brits. You didn't betray Emperor's faith in you despite the temptations of Chaos.

>Imperium is 3 for 3

As it should be.

Ork Freeboota player here (the same one who posted the narative batrep about how I beat an IG player and looted all the booze from Nethamus after taking points from Chaos).

Chaos managed to win Nethamus at my store, but only with some help from the other local Ork players at the last second.

Chaos has its work cut out for it, especially since you guys are on the defending side for mission 4.

Chaos? More like cuckos

Carnac on suicide watch

Not gonna lie. If it wasn't for Carnac's constant assholery, I'd be more inclined to take points away from the Imperium in this campaign.

Now though? I revel in the thought of his misery over Chaos losing so much.

Chaos is destined to win my ass.

daily reminder chaos never had any chance in this campaign anyways

This whole chaos losing thing has me playing my AdMech as darkmech. Anything to help.

Sour grapes.

GW ran a campaign telling xeno players to take away points from the Imperium (even though it makes 0 sense) and still it didn't do shit

Not a Deathguard fan or Nurgle fan. So I don't particularly care. Even if you put took points from the Imperium, you think that would have changed anything? Imperium outnumbers Chaos by a large margin. Anyways, you think what's said here has a real impact on the campaign? Now that's funny.

But you know what's funny? Fresh content I found from Laurie Goulding. Apperntly Rick Priestly and Alan Merret repeatedly said that Chaos is destined to win. So why do you guys want to go against what the beloved founders envisioned for the setting?

It didn't run a campaign. They made like a single post. Even if the xenos sided with Chaos, it will end the same anyways since the Imperial side outnumber everyone combined + they just got a new release which means a lot of free paint points.

>even though it makes 0 sense

The campaign lore says that Chaos had Xenos mercs. So we can count Dark Eldar and Orks among them.

The Tau and Necrons have a score to settle with the Imperium. The Tau want to kick the Imperium's ass for what happened at Damocles which is considered by the Tau the one of the darkest point in their history. The Necrons of the Sautekh have suffered from the Ultramarine aggression a lot, losing a score of precious tomb worlds. For the insult the Ultramarine deserve pain. You do realise that xenos fighting the Imperium doesn't mean fighting alongside Chaos? It can be just xenos coming in to bring the pain to the Imperium.

I mean heck it's pretty fluffy. In the Deathwatch codex it's said the a thousand xeno races used the Chaos invasion to launch their campaigns on the Imperium that oppressed them for so long.

You do know that you are responsible for much of the hate towards Chaos right? You're not doing your faction any favors Carnac by constantly belittling everyone else's army.

The xenos would wait until chaos is beaten back then get their revenge, they aren't fucking stupid, esp. not Necrons

Cause Chaos is fucking gay.

>3/3
>Carnac's "Ch-Chaos always wins guys" eternally BTFO

Eat shit Chaoscucks.

That never has happen. The Third Sphere Expansion (TSE for short) was launched when the Tau got news of the 13th Black Crusade. And i just mentioned the thousand xenos races exacting their revenge on the Imperium while it was busy with Chaos.

You don't go after a super power in its freetime. You go after it when it's distracted or vulnerable.

>esp. not Necrons

There are few races dumber than the Necrons.

If citing the fluff and core principles of the setting makes you angry, then you should leave to another setting.

>from fighting for bread to desperately trying to prevent a warpstorm on a planet that's practically a nurgle daemonworld on at least on continent

I want to go back to fighting over toaster production and hives

Well the Necrons have also lost a lot of worlds to the Great Rift and the Chaos codex details tons of fluff of CSM attacking Necrons and their tombworlds. Plus the Eldar are active opponents of Chaos and the Tau aren't their biggest supporters either.

>Chaos is losing bad
>"N-Not a Nurgle or Deathguard fan. So I don't particularly care"
Considering I've seen you butt into arguments where people are mocking Nurgle in the past, you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you.

Also, I saw this yesterday. I also saw the unsourced quote you provided to back up Goulding claim, which describes Chaos as 'the supreme antagonist'. From back in the Rogue Trader era. The same era that any good fluff for a non-Chaos faction that makes Chaos look bad with autistic screeches of 'RETCON! RETCON!' despite having no explicit proof by your own standards.

Also, Chaos being depicted as the supreme antagonist (back when 40k was a human-centric setting is a far cry from 'Chaos is essentially Cthulhu, it's pointless to fight them because they're still going to win in the long run, and they're everywhere all the time' fanwank being shoved down everyone's throats by Goulding and company lately.

And no Carnac, twisting the fluff to suit your own views and saying everyone else must have things explicitly spelled out is not 'citing the fluff'. It's being a disingenuous hack.

He's already playing denial about how he doesn't care for Nurgle in this very thread. It's just SAD.

>There are few races dumber than the Necrons
t. Carnac.

Kys fatty

Yup been head cannon for my Necrons to be using the war to find and take artifacts that when the codex (next year...grumble grumble) is released means the tomb world if fully active. Necrons are not playable right now at 2000 points but at 1000 points some good back and forth games can be had.

>shoving a guy over a cliff

wow rude

This.

I'm playing Nids, pointlessly chipping away at the Imperium's guaranteed victory. Obviously i play for fun and don't really care but it does make the whole 'global campagin' thing a bit pointless when the winner was decided on day one. No tension = no reason to feel invested

Destined to ultimately win =/= always wins

This explains why people people don't know much about the lore and unjustly rage at authors like ADB for sticking to what the setting was about. they can't read. I mean I can link you to an interview by Rick Priestly (founder of 40K and fantasy) saying that Chaos is the main antagonist of 40K. But I said this bother it's an issue of ego. People self insert into their too much that the idea of not being the hottest shit and being canonically destined to be losers offends them.

I'm just waiting for the new GW fluff where Chaos is pushed back into the Eye of Terror and all Chaos cucks are btfo by a combined Imperium/Xeno coalition.

>People self insert into their too much that the idea of not being the hottest shit and being canonically destined to be losers offends them.
Project much?

This is coming for a guy who can't accept that chaos lost even once (muh crimson path, my blood crusade drive by, etc. etc.)

>People self insert into their too much that the idea of not being the hottest shit and
>being canonically destined to be losers offends them.
>Chaos will never win in the setting except (maybe) in the far flung future that the storyline is guaranteed never to reach
Zog me the projection is real.

>"N-No you're wrong."
Lol, Chaos exists literally just so the Imperium looks good by comparison and so Space Marines have something to easily beat up.

Why don't you leave 40k, no one will miss you. I don't shit on other people's faction choices like you do.

>Well the Necrons have also lost a lot of worlds to the Great Rift

Not the Sautekh. The Great Rift was a boon for them allowing them to conquer more rival tomb worlds than ever before.

Newcrons are dumb. It's on the tin.

Goddamnit its the wall of text guy. When will he grow up?

>Considering I've seen you butt into arguments where people are mocking Nurgle in the past, you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you.

When did I do that? If people say something wrong I will correct them but I won't go out of my way for Nurgle.

>From back in the Rogue Trader era

Chaos wasn't in the majority of Rogue Trader. It can at the dead end of Rogue trader with the start of 2nd which set the trend of Chaos being the greatest threat to the setting. Orks and I believe Tyranids came first.

>back when 40k was a human-centric

Still human centric. I point you to the opening quote of 8th ED.

>hoved down everyone's throats by Goulding and company lately.

Your historical revisionism aside, so you DO agree that the fluff exists and its real but insist it's "fanwank" and me "twisting the fluff".

Now who is being a "disingenuous hack"?

>coalition

this isn't starcraft, this is catholic space nazis in sphess with their autist warrior monk and conscript hoard allies

and space communists, and edgy and non edgy fapbait, and angry old men, and best extra galactic communal-intelligence who just really wants to bring out your full potential and make you immortal

Man, there are so many chaos fanboys crying because they can't win.

because they cant

When's the last time Chaos legitimately won a campaign?

You are wrong. You strawmanned me.

There is no projection. I don't self insert as Chaos. I simply enjoy its lore.

>This is coming for a guy who can't accept that chaos lost even once (muh crimson path, my blood crusade drive by, etc. etc.)

Another strawman. I never said Chaos cannot lose and I even showed and discussed fluff where they have lost. Your problem is that you claim that Chaos lost in battles where the fluff either doesn't say that or the fluff outright says it as a victory.

For example, the CSM and lore outright tells you that EACH and EVERY SINGLE Black Crusade achieved its objective and/or was a great victory for Chaos. It says that the Crimson Path is expanding towards Terra behind the advancing Black Crusade as it was intended to do. So what's your problem with the fluff. It seems you just hate Chaos.

Can they even be blamed at this point? Chaos is literally being made the jobber here in order to jerk off Girlyman's new empire

EoT.

I am stuck on this ride to the end.

Carnac, I...
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/12th_Black_Crusade

I, fellow imeprial-user, mean when they bitch and moan like they do yeah

Lets see. The Eldar and Imperium are now officially allies. The Ynnari have done missions for Girlyman. The Tau and Necrons can be easily convinced to join up. The Orks through Ghaz can also join up much like the Orcs did in the fantasy End Times.

That leaves the Tyranids. How can we make them join the Alliance of Light?

>being made the jobber
>legitimately lose the games

Better train some more, Chaoscuck

Yes, and? The Gothic War ended with Abaddon getting what he wanted. All the Chaos artefacts and 2 of the Blackstone Fortresses. It was a mission complete.

But how do we counteract the painting points?

You might want to get your eyes checked out there old boy.

See that sidebar on the right, where it says imperial victory?

Yeah.

It is the Mishima family tradition.

You don't. This whole thing is a farce and the funny thing is that even GW seems to be realizing it

Ho about you read what's in the codexes rather than what's in the wikis, eh? Abaddon was there for the BFS and the 2 Chaos relics.

I got my eldar pirate waifu, I have no regrets [/spoiler[

They are fighting for the side of overreacting gods and daddy issues marines.

Nigga, you gay.

Um excuse me sweety but running back to the eye of terror with your tail between your legs isn't what I'd call victory :)

it's not gay if he's in a voidstalker

Oh, look the reason why no one wants to help the villan sueness that is Chaos. And then you wonder why all Xenos are targetting Chaos.

I just don't understand how Carnac STILL gets so many (you)s.

>Goddamnit its the wall of text guy. When will he grow up?
Again with the projection.

>Chaos wasn't in Rogue Trader
Now that's just a straight up lie.

>the CSM and lore outright tells you that EACH and EVERY SINGLE Black Crusade achieved its objective and/or was a great victory for Chaos.

Yes, because Crusade 11 totally started out with the goal of creating Daemon-Ork hybrids (which is still different from possessing them) through Chaos sorcery and captured Weirdboyz.

Oh wait, that's right, he didn't. Abaddon tried to find a way around Cadia from the Eye of Terror and got lost in the Warp instead.

That's not a fucking objective achieved, that's a failure and Failbaddon trying to make the best of a shitty situation.

>Um excuse me sweety but running back to the eye of terror with your tail between your legs isn't what I'd call victory :)
You think that's bad? Go look at Crusade 11. Abaddon lost to some no-name Ork Warlord.

>Implying pathetic Chaos manlets can achieve anything against chad Marines
LMAO
M
A
O

we've beat you 13 times and we'll do it again chaosboy

The Hive Mind realizes Chaos has to die before it can eat everything, and prioritized that. Simple.

It is a victory because they achieved what they sought and inflicted terrible damage on the Imperium before retreating with all the loot and slaves. The whole war was a massive raid, not a proper invasion of conquest.

Sticking around for the Imperium to grind you down with its near-limitless numbers now that's 12 level mental deficiency. It's regularly stated that the traitor forces have less numbers and inferior tech to the Imperium. Fighting the Imperium in a war of attrition over planets that will be consumed by the Warp when the Crimson path is unleashed is not worth. Going back to the Eye and consolidating your gains is infinitely smarter.

Now check what happened to the Gothic sector after the Great Rift was spawned. It's said that most of it is now covered by the Warp. The traitors efforts were rewarded and the Imperials efforts were in vain.

Honestly, I don't know why either. The guy just gets under people's skin with his arrogance, screeching of "RETCON" anytime someone points out old fluff that makes Chaos look weak/flawed in anyway whatsoever, and 'muh Chaos is destined to win' despite all the fucking evidence to the contrary.

How hard would it be if TG made a "world"(HA) campaing like this? Maybe even adding it to 1d4chan if it becomes cool.

He's like that annoying kid in 5th grade who always butted in discussions which had nothing to do with him.

You can almost hear his nasally voice

>Again with the projection.

Ain'y no project. You are killing me with the walls of text. I wish they were informative and had substance but nooooo

>Now that's just a straight up lie.

Ain't no lie.

>Yes, because Crusade 11 totally started out with the goal of creating Daemon-Ork hybrids (which is still different from possessing them) through Chaos sorcery and captured Weirdboyz.
>Oh wait, that's right, he didn't. Abaddon tried to find a way around Cadia from the Eye of Terror and got lost in the Warp instead.

You dumbass. I made a whole thread about the main the objective of the Black Crusades. They were about hunting Pylons and conducting rituals to weaken reality.

Guess what Abaddon did with the captured Orks? He used them to weaken the walls of reality. Achieving his main objective.

>Abaddon lost to some no-name Ork Warlord.

Nope, he saw no point in fighting the Waaagh! after he got what he wanted. The Imperial world was doomed anyways.

Kharn steamrolled through Primaris marines and the Alpha Legion defeated Imperial Fist P-Marines in Shroud of Night.

Nope, you lost 13 times but did not know it.

>'muh Chaos is destined to win' despite all the fucking evidence to the contrary.

There is no evidence to the contrary though.

Horus got to Terra under all those conditions and worse (9 enemy Primarchs) in 7 years and struck down an enemy Primarch and the Emperor in battle. Abaddon has spent 10,000 facing an increasingly decrepit Imperium with only one Primarch and STILL has yet to get anywhere near it much less slay a Primarch. Unbelievably pathetic.

>has daemons
>literally has a free pass trough half the imperium because lol rift
>imperium is being assaulted from all sides by xenos
>subject to 10 millennia of stagnation and technological decay
>still can't put a dent in it compared to Horus who conquered almost half of it
h-h-h-horus w-w-was weak !
i'm gonna laugh so hard when abbadon gets turned into a daemon prince against his will

> That apothecary.

Is he putting a bullet in his brain or performing field surgery?

he's extracting the gene-seed

Horus had half the Imperium and the element of surprise. Horus was handed everything on a sliver platter. Abaddon built himself from nothing and united a faction that could never be united. Abaddon faces stiff resistance not only from the Imperium but from the Chaos Gods and the Chaos faction that he calls allies. Abaddon working condition is way worse than Horus.

I can't believe you said that with a straight face. Are you trolling me?

>Chaos wasn't in the majority of Rogue Trader.
Yes it was, it just wasn't in the core rulebook.

Dude, it's explained that after the Great Rift spawned the Chaos Gods, their daemons, and many Chaos warbands started getting distracted by all the free loot everywhere and went their own way. Each carving an empire of his own.

>>subject to 10 millennia of stagnation and technological decay

The traitors are also stagnating. They have it worse than the Imperium when it comes to technology and knowledge. They cannot have reliable geneseed harvesting and implantation.

>>still can't put a dent in it compared to Horus who conquered almost half of it

The Great Rift isn't a dent? It's a slash over the galaxy that took hundreds of thousands of worlds with it.

Source me, senpai. What Rogue Trader books had Chaos outside of Realm of Chaos?

>Only two more weeks of Chaos getting fucked
Get ready for the salt fuelled MUH CHAOS fluff we'll get out of GW after this.

Oh, so both.

>Can they even be blamed at this point? Chaos is literally being made the jobber
Know what you could do, Chaosboy? Stop being unlikeable asshole to everyone and build some popularity so your faction will get promoted to the heel role one day.

Konor is prelude for Ultramar round 2 when Mort tries again to destroy Macrrage. The results of this player driven campaign are suppose to influence the narrative of that event.

So how do they play it off if imperium wins all of the planets?

Nope, GW can instead do research and game development in order to make balanced campaigns. It's not our jobs to be nice to you. You are a dick and dicks don't deserve nice things.

Adeptus Titanicus.

I only wish this whole campaigh was about Abby himself and his failures. Sweet tears and salty excuses from Chaosfags would be delicious.

Just like with Warhammer Fantasy we'll see them pretend Chaos didn't lose and push them up to Ultramar anyway. Then maybe Abaddon will get BTFO'd by an Ork.

So far mortarion isn't even gonna bother showing up

Read the description of each planet. First planet was manpower, second was production power (more tanks), and third was about food.

These will stack in the advantage of the Imperium in the coming narrative. Poor morty.

It took Abaddon 10 millenia just trying to break out of the Eye of Terror and even when he did he still can't get to Terra. HE'S HAD THOUSANDS OF YEARS TO PLAN AND SCHEME BUT HE CAN'T DO SOMETHING THAT HORUS DID IN A MEASLY SEVEN.

Try harder, cuckboi

>balanced campaigns
It's balanced around faction popularity, Chaosboy. You know Chaosfags are despised jerks when xenos players pile on them despite all the attention grabbing by the Imperium.

>GHAZGHKULL IZ DA BEST!
>And he made a gesture of his own at the Despoiler's nether regions.

>Then maybe Abaddon will get BTFO'd by an Ork
GHAZZ'D

I bet the last mission would be about GK sending Morty to the Warp again

The traitors can push up to Ultramar anytime they want. The Deathguard are handing around in the Scourge Stars a few rock throws away from Maccrage. The Konor campaign is about how reinforced Maccrrage is going be against the second invasion.

>It's balanced around faction popularity

Which is bad balance. The number of players should decide campaigns.

Dude, the Eye doesn't acknowledge time. There are dudes in the Black Legion that just come into the Eye from the Siege of Terra despite thousand of years passing in real space, The Siege of Terra being a fresh memory instead of dstant past. 10K years in the Imperium but could be a blink of an eye for guys in the Eye.

And ONLY THE 13TH IS A PUSH TOWARDS TERRA.

>read next mission
>chaos are defenders
>attackers get endless reinforcements

Fuck this campaign

>Which is bad balance
It's the only right balance, active players and painters in the community

Horus:
>Brave, strong, intelligent commander
>Fearlessly faced down Sanguinius and the Emperor in quick succession, killed both
>All but conquered the galaxy in seven years with the autistic, retarded dregs of the Primarchs against the Imperium at the apex of its power

Abaddon:
>Weak, outdated manlet model, everyone deserts him the moment they get a chance
>Beaten up by a gaggle of ordinary humans while being a Space Marine in Terminator armor, runs away
>STILL squatting in the Cadian system after getting a hundred years to break through
>Wearing a slave brand on his forehead and too dumb to realize it

>"H-Horus was w-weak."

Nope, players of numerically challenged factions have no incentive of playing in these campaigns.

maybe you should have won the first three planets

How about you ask xenos to help you, Chaosboy? Total number of players means nothing when activity decides the winner.

>>Beaten up by a gaggle of ordinary humans while being a Space Marine in Terminator armor, runs away

The only ordinary dude there was Creed and he was comically disarmed by Abaddon.

>>STILL squatting in the Cadian system after getting a hundred years to break through

The lore says that the Imperiumis throwing almost everything they have to contain him there.

>>"H-Horus was w-weak."

Dude, He wasn't the first guy who said those words. The Chaos Gods used Abaddon future words and voice to mock Horus as he entered the gate to meet them because he indeed was a weak fool. They didn't intend him to win but to lose. Abaddon is the guy they want to win.