Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS

Old thread: >Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos getting closer each planet but still not good enough.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13726914/r
1d4chan.org/wiki/Badab_War
screwfix.com/p/3m-4251-maintenance-free-organic-vapour-particulate-respirator-ffa1p2rd/13038
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

New Deathwatch codex when? Primaris flyer when?

I want Primaris Deathwatch (pic-related, not my model), and the Repulsor is too slow.

Second for don't bully NPCs.

[childish shooty noises]

I just got this message from a mate

>I'm trying to do world eaters, with a thirster, I know I can run them as separate detachments, but where does it say all your models need to be from the same dex to be in the same detachment, otherwise you can have like Logan Grimnar as HQ and guardsmen as troops in the same detachment... I'm confused

I seem to have lost my Collectors Edition 8th book and as such cannot find the page which confirms it has to be from the same codex in each detachment. Can somebody help? Please and thanks. I'm pretty sure it doesn't say it has to be from one codex, only that it has to be a specific faction keyword.

Even though I hate Guardsmen I would play that list and gladly march my Orks to their death, very nice painting

Only have to share a keyword. But you dont get obsec if theyre not from the same subfaction.

Good luck.
[blows a whistle]

Astral claws, minotaurs, or red scorpions?

(Last thread gave me one vote for Astral claws but i hadnt suggest red scorpions yet)

>but where does it say all your models need to be from the same dex to be in the same detachment

Nowhere, they have to share the same faction keyword.

Reposting to help user

They don't have to be from the same detachment, they just have to have a keyword in common. So a detachment with gaurdsmen as troops and grimnar as HQ would have to have a keyword that all those units share, which would be IMPERIUM, making it and IMPERIUM detachment.

However, if that was the case, then the detachment would miss out on bonuses that you gain from having detachments with more specific keywords, such as the stratagems an ADEPTUS ASTARTES detachment gets, or the chapter tactics a detachment gets.

Detatchments do not require all units to be from the same Codex, only that they share a Faction keyword.
The example you mentioned would be completely legal.

hey man, even though I hate Orks they are my favorite thing to hate. What are heroes without good enemies? What is a Yarrick without a Ghazghkull?

Iron Warriors are best

Dorn is a dumb loser

ok I am converting things so I have a chaos storm eagle and a chaos drop pod for my DG. here are my options
>dump a melee hellbrute + 19 poxwalkers + dark apostle and deep strike Typhus
>foot slog the poxwalkers and Typhus and dump loads of melee plague marines behind their lines

plz help

if the detachment doesn't have DEATH GUARD then can Typhus still go in it? I thought some units were locked to certain groups

Does that mean I can put Renegade and Heretics in my CSM detachments and give them CSM buffs?

Thanks lads, he'll be happy.

Just read about how much cancer resin causes.

Haven't bought a FW thing and don't think I'll start. Fucking hell, how did GW think this was ok?

Which color scheme do you like the most. Which lore do you like the most.
Why the fuck does it matter what randos on the internet say?

Skip the pod, they're absolute garbage this edition. Wait until we get plague terminators to make any final decision, but you're likely gonna want to footslog the zombies

What about finecast, does that count?
If so
>Wew lad

It's even worse if you do recasts.

Are you huffing it? Eating it? Injecting it into your veins?
Jesus get a grip man. Fucking everything causes cancer nowadays

By Buffs do you mean auras? Every individual rule like that specifies the key word needed to receive the benefit of it.

Low quality bait

Is there an article or anything on this? Really curious about it.

as long as those buffs can actually apply to them. Lots of abilities have faction specific targeting

Yes, typhus can be taken in non-DG detachments, but that would make the detachment lose certian benefits.

There are exceptions to these rules, such as fabulous bill the titan killer or fallen being able to be taken in any detachment without making them lose the benefits of legion tactics.
I'm not aware of any unit that is restricted to using only one of it's keywords, I would think they would simply only have the keyword which they are restricted too.

Wear a mask and dont huff the shit. Problem solved.

Nigga you need to brush, file, bend, suck off and more to get FW shit in place.

What you think the cumulative effect of that is?

yeah that is what I figured. 200 pts is insane. I got the SM drop pod for 5 bucks so maybe I will just use it as parts for my stormfang to storm eagle conversion

I mainly liked the idea of dropping a huge blob of cheap stuff in their back line while the dreads and marines moved in and took potshots.

>not snorting your resin dust and drinking your paint water to become one with your models
You'll never win the slayer sword with that attitude.

Little to fucking nothing because I'm not a fucking retard

Only way to not be a fucking huge retard is if you don't buy FW stuff

strawpoll.me/13726914/r

pls vote

How has everyone's hobby been going? I've been pushing out stuff at a decent rate since 8th dropped which seems the norm for my area and is a great thing over all as even guys who've always had a horde of grey or primed minis are getting stuff done, the hype is palpable.

Just finished the basing on these fire warriors and tomorrow I've got the last 20% of a hammerhead and devilfish to do.

Glorious WAAC faggotry at its best.

How is this bait, faggot?

its fun to get other people's opinions and to see how 40kg feels about those choices

nice digits brother

If it is, he's bad at winning- I would just charge the sides and lock his tanks/heavy weapons teams up. Those conscripts are doing nothing.

Why is GW pushing so much Nurgle shit?

Does anyone even like Nurgle stuff? It's boring and predictable.

Not falling for it.

>tau with a pokeball

who are they gonna catch with it?

I like Nurgle.
They're gross and fun to paint.

Someone gimmie the low down on this war?

Tyranids

>Hating on Papa Nurgle.

>Necron rival appears.

IG are so disgusting, fitting 10 vehicles and 150 infantry in a 2k list with 12 cp isn't even hard.

At least they're not still acting as if Khorne is the only Chaos god there is

1d4chan.org/wiki/Badab_War

basically Space marine chapter master was pissed at imperial bureaucracy and wanted to start his own space marine legion and private imperium. He enlisted the help of a few unlucky chapters who trusted him.

ended up going full on heretical and got purged by a huge combined force of space marine chapters

all combatants were space marines (not even chaos space marines until the very end) and some PDF/guard forces

What bothers me most isbthat it doesnt need to be predictable, there is so much more to despare and decay then rot, disiease and pestilence.

Why not whillowy beings starved by famine, or even more so, living fossiles of those fallen fully to entropy, or beings using the fire of dead stars to power their machines, entropy engines if you will.

Everyone enjoys seeing orks get killed. Including ork players.

And the space sharks were sent to warcrime the other chapters into submission

BROTH FOR THE BROTH GOD

The orks closest word to friend is favorite enemy

What bonuses will hive fleets have?

One will probably be synapse range.

Maybe one that allows you to roll two dice when advancing and picking the highest.

Maybe a -1 ld like the Night Lords

Toxicrene cleans up elite infantry since each weapon it has deals D3 damage. It can also use the toxic lash whips in other melees to help free up any unit caught in a tarpit.

its because the New(tm) child friendly GW wants to have sig-MARINES IN SPESS fighting ZOMBIES IN SPESS

cause parents dont get uncomfortable when its zombies that are getting murdered

How much use do Guard even have for CP at the moment?
>One reroll a turn...but you're putting out dozens of lascannon shots anyway
>Insane Bravery...so the three survivors of a guardsman squad can stay in melee
>Counter-Attack...so a unit of Guardsmen can strike before their time

I was sitting there working out how to fill a Brigade with Orks when I realised it probably wasn't really worth it

>Why is GW pushing so much Nurgle shit?

Because they have 4 Chaos gods, and they already did Tzeentch, and the End Times Nurgle stuff is not quite usable for 40K (yet)

Also, because it's a very forgiving faction for beginner painters.

Nice that sounds pretty fucking baller.

Fun to paint, and fun units

Quality work on the searchlights, and on the army in general.

>Hive Fleets getting Chapter Trait equivelants
Doubt it. I don't even expect Orks to get clan rules.
When I see a non power-armoured faction gets such rules, I'll believe

and yet guardsmen are still OP this edition already because of cheap units and orders

man I hope their codex doesnt drop too soon

not because I am afraid of the WAAC overload but because I desperately want new guard models even tho I dont even play guard

Voted.

Man, people really do like their super edgy loyalist Khornehuskers, don't they?

>Guilliman point increase when?
>Magnus point increase when?
>Changeling point increase when?
>Celestine point increase when?
>Cawl point increase when?

Why would they increase cawls points cost? He's already barely worth it.

>childish shooty noises
who doesn't do that

There were two forge world books that were full of great fluff on otherwise unknown chapters and it was a morally complex war because the bad guys sometimes seemed like good guys (Lamenters) and the good guys seemed bad (Minotaurs)

There are units besides poxwalkers

Slow unfortunately, I am horribly fatigued and cant seem to focus too well so I am taking a step back. I did finish velcro'ing a nice small leather case I had and it can fit my whole 1000pts primaris battalion, only problem is that I underestimated the sound level and pull force necessary to remove said models, I might have to resort to using this technique to blend in
youtube.com/watch?v=vSK3maq8Cyk

If anything Bobby G needs a decrease. Them chaos and everything else tears are delicious.

Would wearing a paper mask do when filing?

YOU KNOW WHAT, I HOPE YOU NEVER MAKE MORE MANTICORES.... I DONT WANT THEM REEEEEEEE

dude there are so many tg fan favorite chapters as part of the badab war

like i cant even tell if you are referring to the carcharodons or the Minotaurs

Just do the filing inside a bucket of water if you want to be sure.

Lad what was your painting process for those bases? I like that colour

>t. former taufag

Wait moral complexity in warhammer instead of just everyone being dicks? Why cant we get this out of non marine works?

That, along with some decent ventilation should be sufficient. Helps if you do it outside.

One user said he actually files and sands the parts in question underwater, which would completely mitigate any chance of dust fucking you up. Could try that.

>cries about tau for years
>lets keep the game unbalanced because le tears xddddd
Like pottery.

>Two tracks together
Is this a thing or something? Might as well get land raiders tracks if it's just for the looks

I kinda wanna run my own war campaign, but i need ideas for a good conflict for every faction to want involvement

Take a shadowsword reroll its shots and saves every single turn. Its only a matter of time before they get broken codex strats to spam every turn as well.

You say this, but when ADB dares to portray Chaos as anything other than generic edgelords everybody losed their minds.

Same time Ork Boyz go up to 9ppm sweetie.

I like marines and imperium but some inperium fags are just assholes who want to be king of the hill forever. They dont want balance they just want it to be about them, its why they write of xenos as npc races, because it threatens their perception as the main character of the setting, truely a fabrige ego

I'd prefer Slaanesh. Having a hard time finding bits from which to make my Noise marines from.

Anybody use these?

>base coat of Tallarn Sand or something similar, like Zandri Desert
>wash with agrax
>drybrush with mid tone like Zandri dust or karak stone
>very light drybrush with ushati bone, flayed one flesh, or white

screwfix.com/p/3m-4251-maintenance-free-organic-vapour-particulate-respirator-ffa1p2rd/13038

Enjoy your cancer-free modelling
>inb4 you can afford forgeworld but can't spare £20 for a respirator

>what are Leviathan Dreads
>what are Thunderfire Cannons

Thats because he didnt make chaos better, he made the enperor worse, chaos is still pure assholes but now hes made it so the emperor was never any better, thats not complex, thats just making all options equally bad, if anything its less complex then a black and white morality because there is nothing resembling a right answer, only wrong ones.

Unfortunately you'll probably be last.
With Nurgle being the next campaign for AOS they'll probably go for Warzone: Armageddon for Angryron and his World Eaters next.

Going decently, right now I'm putting together some counts-as Electropriests with the huge Kataphron claws, Rustie and Skitarii heads and such on Kairic Acolyte bodies. With a little greenstuffing to make the bits fit and removing some details to make them look more servitory and less Tzeenchy it looks pretty good, although I'm keeping the flame trim on the robes because I think it might be cool to have it there as a Forge Guard marking.

Even standard Defilers have been pretty bad AFAIK, played against one yesterday and even with the whole autocannons/battle cannon setup, some Presciences and never moving towards my board edge it managed to wound one Kataphron which I then healed up again. I mean, he had bad luck with missing all 6 of his battlecannon shots and such, but that's pretty bad for what, 125 points? How much is a defiler?

that a griffin?