Dming Poll

I'm writing up a short article about tabletop RPG experiences, and I'm not using this as all of my research, but I am interested in what the GMs of Veeky Forums have to say.

strawpoll.me/13726868

The poll concerns how often you run pre-published modules, as opposed to creating your own adventures to run. If possible, I'd also like to know what systems you usually run, but that's less essential.

Thanks to anyone who participates.

>I'd also like to know what systems you usually run
MonsterHearts & Burning Wheel are the two regulars

D&D 4e and Legends of the Wulin are the two I've run the most

>I'd also like to know what systems you usually run
A wide variety. So far: D&D 3.5, Anima, Exalted 2e, Pathfinder,

Burning Wheel, Star wars Edge of the Empire

61-80%, 5e, Dogs in the Vineyard, MonsterHearts, Microscope, and The Strange, because different tools for different jobs.

My group has many systems that we run.

Recently we are doing Shadowrun

>all those 0% votes
You've never run one ever? Who do you think you're fooling?

My usual games: Savage Worlds, D&D (any), TSR Marvel Superheroes

1~20%
Palladium, Mutants & Masterminds, Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2e, Dungeons & Dragons 4e

>You've never run one ever? Who do you think you're fooling?

I only add a module for side-questing that may connect to the main quest if I'm running out of ideas for missions

other than that: "Yeah Damn anyone that's creative!"

Games: Dark Heresy (1&2), Only War.

Cyberpunk 2020, Planescape, Talislanta are my go-tos.

>If possible, I'd also like to know what systems you usually run
Lately I've ran Savage Worlds, Fate (both Core and Accelerated), Delta Green and DnD 5e.
5 or 6 years ago I used to only run DnD 4e or M&M 2e.

I've ran pathfinder for like 5 years and dnd 5th for 2. I exclusively run modules or pre mades cause I work full time and straight up dont have time/creativity to work on my own. Plus I like reading fantasy stuff so I quite enjoy the read. Pathfinder modules are so much better than anything 5th has made so far imho wich is a shame cause my groups pretty much ditched pathfinder for 5th.

Symbaroum, Mutant year zero, shadowrun, d&d, pf.

I've actually moved from running almost no published modules to maybe half and half in the last two years.

To everyone who has replied: Thank you all VERY much. This is actually a lot more data than I was expecting.

I mostly run PbtA games, which pre-written things don't really exist for. All I'd really use scenarios for is GUMSHOE, which I don't get to run much.

>Delta Green and Fate

I love you, brother.

This is a really broad question. There's a wide variance in how modules are used, as written for tournaments, as inspiration and then totally rewritten and combined with 4 other things, parts of the tables, an npc you like, a map, converting to a different system, etc.

>B/X, LotFP, Beyond The Wall, Streets Of Marienburg, Apocalypse World

Yeah never. I've cribbed from some for General inspiration, but other than that it's been all me

Also, Gurps, BRP, HERO, Apocalypse World

The data's going to be pretty much useless other than as a flat quantitative measure of sales, and even then. There's no qualitative differentiation. Its for a short article, so okay I guess, but eh.

Dark Heresy 2e, Only War, Mutants and Masterminds 3e, Song of Swords, FFG Star Wars.

I used a module for my first game, Phandelver on D&D 5e, and for my first game on Dark Heresy, but that's about it.

1-20%, but only because I've used parts of modules at all.
My games are generally
CotD: Werewolf+Vampire (working on a changling game)
D&D 2e+4e
Dark Heresy 1e+2e
Rogue Trader
BESM
Paranoia

I answered 0% because my time GMing is mostly taken up by an ongoing Fallout PnP campaign, which has no published module's that I know of.