Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Beachhead Edition. Who gets off the landing craft first in your group? Who is the first in the door when there's trouble? Who is the last one out when withdrawing?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/6HjrnNZG
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85418/mint-rebels-double-treason
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84677/godslayers
youtube.com/watch?v=5OxMPFiuKlE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reposting from last thread. I need a decent flying monster to challenge/kill a level 8 party of four. This creature should kill them if they charge straight in, but be beatable with any sort of prep or good planning. I'd normally make one myself, but I'm in a serious time-crunch and need something quick. Flying is a must.

The party will be monster hunting this thing.

Can someone start making a MEGA for Starfinder?

>MFW people insult Starfinder.

You also said it has be a weird bat shit and a bunch of other things when you got three good suggestions. Go away.

Why not you, user? You'll get to be a /pgg/ legend.

I thought those were jokes. A gargantuan dragon isn't even remotely fair to throw at a level 8 party. Neither is a wizard.

currently recruiting games are:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles (ends this week...if it is real) - lewd AP
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85418/mint-rebels-double-treason (ends next week) - rationalist spin on Hell's Rebels AP
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84677/godslayers (ends in one month and a half) - kill gods, be mythic

Faggots, finish your apps.

We were on page 6, you asshole.

Yeah, why did OP wait so damn long? Make the new thread when the old thread hits the bump limit, don't wait for it to drop all the way to page 6!

PAIZO HAS SOLD OUT OF CORE RULEBOOKS AT GENCON, THEY BROUGHT OVER 1 THOUSAND COPIES OF STARFINDER AND SOLD OUT ON DAY 1.

STARFINDER ALWAYS WINS BABY

At least the OP isn't a bullshit anime image again.

Great News. Love the game, but it takes ages to get it here.

Just like pathfinder, starfinder is shit user, I can't think of a firearm ever invented that couldn't reliably kill a bitch in one shot, go play a real rpg anf not an mmo lite, faggot

Yeah yeah, you hate thing. We know.

We don't care.

STARFINDER THREAD THEME MUSIC
youtube.com/watch?v=5OxMPFiuKlE

The people who concern themselves with realism in tabletop games always seem to be the least educated ones.

>Join a Starfinder game
>Everyone else's backstory is like three sentences long, and mine is nine

Haha, friends, at least I'm in a game...

Realistic firearms would be in the 2d6-2d12 damage range. So it's really not a problem unless you're /k/, in which case just use higher level weapons as the default.

1d firearms are simply a way of reducing the rusty dagger shanktown effect, and the verisimilitude isn't so bad with energy weapons.

Black powder weapons.

90% of deaths in the old West were not due to the gunshots, but the wounds becoming septic.

Alright, other thread's at page 8.

Do you have Dead Suns by any chance? Asking in case you might leak it later.

>If you make a long backstory you're a special snowflake/living your power fantasy/both
>If you make a short backstory you're a murderhobo without real interest on the game other than rolling to kill
Is there any acceptable middleground?

Do recall that a level 1 commoner with average constitution has 3 hp.

What's the average of 1d6? Oh yeah, 3.5.

Funny that.

Post a pic of a cute girl and mention early that she is a slut and dtf. After that no one will care about anything you write.

What defines short and long depends on the group. The content is also quite important.

Is there really no name on that first Masterpiece in the book?

It was on the forums and it's in the ToC.

There... is not. Hah.

>Against the Wall

Well it's worse than Press To The Wall since it only works with stone for some asinine reason, but you're flanking them if they're next to a wall regardless of your own position. Little silly.

Stop posting this garbage. We only care about Starfinder.

Post Dead Suns or fuck off.

Fuck off Starfag

> books shipped weeks before release
> plenty of leaks already
> no scans on the day of release

reee

Kraggodan's Stance doesn't seem too bad...

WOULD BE NICE IF IT HAD A STAMINA TRICK THOUGH

Thank you leakanon. Be patient guys. Don't be harsh.

It is hot garbage, user. The starship rules don't work. Charisma is still worthless. The entire chapter on environments is invalidated by simple starter clothing. The book is full of contradictory text because it was rushed out the door. There are far better alternatives to Planetfinder, such as Aethera.

>Pazio is shit at game design
This surprised nobody but the retarded, user. We all knew Starfinder was going to be shit but we'll all play it anyway

Make a fucking starfinder thread then, shitwhistle.

Hey 2hu, what do you think about EAC being a thing that scales easily with armor. Are EAC spells viable given that they will probably miss fairly often now that they are targeting an easy to raise defense?

Its given that stats are now easy to raise and casters now have 3/4 BAB, but still, light armor giving +22 means you will be targeting at least 32 EAC before dex with an attack mod of around +24.

But we're already in one :^)

Pls don't post adventure paths, maybe upload them somewhere but don't posts the images directly.

Hey, Blazing Hand seems pretty coo-

>Can't be turned off

Why do you fuck up everything, Paizo?

I agree with you but unfortunately I think we're outvoted.

My GM seems to keep putting us against humanoid enemies who are complete fucking bullshit. He's said 'I don't think classes can give you as thematic set of abilities as just giving them what feels appropriate', which to me translates to 'Yeah enemies will just have what ever the fuck I feel like'.

Here is an example. We were on a train going like 60 miles per hour. We know we're being pursued by bounty hunters because we fucked up and had a huge bounty put on our heads.

Out of fucking nowhere we see something kicking up dust behind us. It's literally just one guy chasing down the train. We assume the worst and have our range try and take pot shots at him. While running the guy grabs the arrow our ranger shot at him and threw it back, except when he threw it the arrow punched a hole in the train car we were in. Eventually he got on the train. Now comes the really bullshit parts.

>me and him in a car with the rest of my part as support
>GM says he suddenly disappears from vision as he blurs
>says he 'time stutters'
>guy is already behind me and still running towards the head of the train
>huge dodge bonus to AC
>gets an extra standard action he uses randomly
>guy says he's "Ortensio Scioscia, Fastest Man Alive"
>his hands glow two different colors
>when we shot him with a spell he catches the spell in one hand and shoots it out of the other powered up

We couldn't outrun him, but after he broke the engine of the train we were on we injured him enough that he retreated. This is only one of a bunch of fucking stupid ass characters hat appear to kick the shit out of us.

Paizo games, motherfucker. You wanna shit over people posting pathfinder stuff, make a starfinder thread.

Then maybe we can actually have split threads like we should since they're entirely different games!

Whatever happened to the Trove? I want full pdfs, not a bunch of images.

>Blazing eyes
Fucking awesome

>Fastest Man Alive
>I can also catch and reflect shit at increased power, even magic

This is some Superman level power creep.

I was originally in favour of unified threads but I've really come around to split threads recently. If no one makes one soon I might put one up.

Nope, this is Starfinder General now.

It's shit. You can cast a category of spells that are rarely useful, with a couple metamagics that are rarely useful, and for this you have to spend more than you will ever afford in a real campaign and lose darkvision if you have it.

It only worked once a round, we figured that out part way through the fight, but yeah it was fucking bullshit.

So basically, some bossfights are randomly unwinnable and you may as well not fight and conserve resources some times but accidentally tpk on the other.

Honestly I'd say stop playing with the GM but if you're desperate I guess all you can do is be a good cuck and take his shit.

We normally win our fights, except a few times we've just had to fuck off. Like we won that fight, but it felt like bulshit because we ended up destroying the entire train and burning all our daily resources on the one right.

I guess I'll just spoil these from here on out.

What system are you even playing

You're a fucking attention whore you know that?
Upload it on imgur then post a link.

Holy shit you guys are pussies. Why does /pfg/ act like every fight should just be 'hit the win button, receive loot'.

Their love of optimization pushed them to far. There is no going back. No redemption.

Don't worry about as user is always an asshole.

You do Besmara's work, and some of us appreciate it.

Now that the Troves are dead, where do you go to download Pathfinder shit? TPB hasn't had anything new since 2015.

Fake fights are bullshit, just make it a cutscene and save everyone the 20 minutes it would take to resolve the combat.

I finally got my players to realize that I don't create unwinnable fights if they pay attention. I also taught them that dragons are always to be feared.

Took about 6 years.

It wasn't a fake fight, though. user's party won, he's just pissed that it took any amount of effort to do so.

Why does the Iconic envoy look like twighlight sparkle?

>Troves are dead
Since when

I just downloaded a few gigs worth of shit though.

Shit the fight wasn't even unwinnable, the guy fucking said they won in the post, just the guy busted their train first. Enemies having cool abilities is not 'a cutscene', god damn.

Time stutter is a thing too, it's a fucking wizard feat.

Get a load of the GM getting all defensive.

Because she is Twilight Sparkle.

March.

>I also taught them that dragons are always to be feared.
My players learned after I told them "The only way a dragon reaches 100 is by defeating and killing other dragons for territory. A dragon of any reasonable age is a highly competent, magically gifted, hyper intelligent, and combat experienced megalomaniac who has long since realized fighting fair is an easy way to die.".

Paizo knows its audience.

See, that's the thing.

Unified threads worked when Starfinder wasn't out, since there was limited discussion you could HAVE without the actual book. It'd usually boil down to 'what do you want to do in spess game' which is just setting fuckery.

But now the game is out. It's a separate game. Mechanics work differently often in subtle ways. Different things share the same name.

Technomancers. Full attacks. Changing grip on weapons.

And I mean come on, this is fucking Veeky Forums. It's not like one more thread will cause the board to fucking combust or anything.