Horus Heresy 30k General HHG

> General dead for 24 hours
> HH alive and well edition.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our brothers dead! →
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/75ssRq0k
imgur.com/a/qjctt
i.imgur.com/H80V5SU.jpg
i.imgur.com/e0K12Jn.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> HQ selection is a Delegatus and 2 Knights Errant
> Chosen Duty RoW
> Both Knights choose 'Protector'

If the Delegatus survives to the end of the game, I get 5VP. If he dies, I autolose.
HH: Thunderdome edition.

More like HH: Hide in the corner like a bitch edition.

Lion when ;-;

Next book. So 2018 sometime.

Hey, just popping in cause I saw you all from the click to /40kg/. This is sad, my haven in 7th so slow and abandoned.

Is their a good 8thified ruleset for 30k? And if so, do people use it? Autism aside, I miss you guys

>2v2 game, TS and NL vs Solar Auxilia and Custodes
>slugfest between TS praetor Custodes shield-captain
>Nightlord praetor makes heroic intervention and gets promptly pasted
What had been his plan?

pastebin.com/75ssRq0k
Will continue to work on this soon

Someone's a waac fag.

>posting a link to a link
Yes but why?

What's the current state of FAQs? Should we be using the Jan'16 one on the FW website, or the current 7th Edition rules from Nov'16?

> How many Meltabombs do I get to use?
> Does PE:Characters fuck your entire unit?

Do you think is BL going to retcon Vulkan and the Salamanders to be present at the Siege?

Man I need 40k admech rules...

It looks very possible.
Far more concerning is if they'll try and get Guilliman over there.

Seems a relevant place to ask, so just how frequent are issues with FW models? I was interested in grabbing maybe some vehicles and upgrade kits from HH to make some Alpha Legion look cooler, but I've heard they have massive quality control/assurance issues, that as many as 1 in 3 kits can have major issues, so what are you guys' experiences? is it really that bad?

Paragon Blade feels weird like that. I'd probably have it cause d3 damage regularly and then conditional d3 mortal wounds just to keep the damage feel more consistent. Having a D3 swing suddenly only do 1 wound is just weird.

>Master of the Legion
Friendly Legion units within 6" may reroll failed 1s to hit.
>Rites of Battle
Add +1CP if this model is your warlord.

Maybe, my guess is they'll go MIA before the battle goes down.

Theres not enoug salamanders with Vulkan for it to matter much anyway

Corax could also be present at the point. Maybe they'll attack the traitors from orbit so that they can soft retcon it as they won't technically be there for the siege proper

I hope they minimalize How many primarchs are there. Terra is supposed to be a lop sided desperate struggle. 3 legions, the custodes/SoS, and some loyalist army and Titans against 7 traitor legions, daemons, dark mechanicum, and endless hordes of lost and the damned.

I agree. It slightly undercuts how much of a hopeless situation for the loyalists the Siege was. It wasn't a question of if the defenders would lose but when. Even if there were so few RV and SA left. (the Salamanders had less than 1000 marines after the Heresy considering they made no successors)

>7 traitor legions
Are you excluding the Night Lords with the Alphas? After Sevatar split the fleet most of them ran to Terra so there were still plenty there.

In the old index astartes/collected visions lore it was the Sons of Horus, World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Emperor's Children, and Death Guard at full strength. The Iron Warriors and Word Bearers were there at moderate to high strength, each with a primarch. Night Lords and Alphas were splinter fleets along for the ride and in the original lore weren't there at all.

they already fucked with the origins of the relics so why not

Anyone know what knight houses allign thrmselves with the Imperial fists? I want to incorporate it into Perty's base

I've been doing some research on that for a Siege of Terra themed IF force and all I could find was
>Honouring a debt that dated back to the Horus Heresy, a household detachment of Hawkshroud Knights fought beside the Imperial Fists Chapter during the Tyros Gulf Campaign.
House Hawkshroud are bros with the Fists in M41 and apparently got saved by them during the Heresy. The Imperial Fists were mostly on Terra during the Heresy and there isn't any official mention of any knight houses being present at the Siege. House Vyridion fought in the Webway War but Dorn's boys took no part in that.

Do any of the books go into markings related to companies or chapters, or is it all just unit type markings and such? If I wanted to make all my Marines to be part of the same company, how would one go about representing it?

>but I've heard they have massive quality control/assurance issues, that as many as 1 in 3 kits can have major issues, so what are you guys' experiences? is it really that bad?

No, it's NOT this bad. Any major issues that you do face, you can quickly resolve by asking FW for replacement parts.

I do wonder if the Alphas will bother to show up this time. Perhaps cosplaying as loyalists?

>Paragon Blade
I personally feel like this needs to be an expensive weapon simply going off the fluff. The entire point of them being that they're pretty much one off items of insane quality.

But how to we represent that? Obviously it needs to be better than a power sword/master crafted power sword, so at a bare minimum it needs the +1 S, at least AP-3 and 2 damage minimum. The possibility of maybe going AP-4 exists and/or give it 3 base damage all would make it fairly beastly in it's own right.

Now if we give it a "on a 6 it does d3 mortal wounds instead" as stated people may question just how worth it that is. It would be a good way to get around Invulnerable saves/hordes, but could also hinder you against high wound/toughness targets.

But if we make it do both damages, he in theory could crank out 15 wounds on a charge and then wrack up an additional 15 mortal wounds. He could almost kill a warhound with that, and obviously he won't be rolling alone

>Is their a good 8thified ruleset for 30k?
People are working on lists, but no, I don't think there are any complete ones yet. Thanks for checking in on us!

I could see them reopening the War in the Webway and having Vulkan fight down there.

The headhunters' combibolters seemed to be consistently bad. Otherwise it's generally vehicles that have issues. 1/3 seems too high, but don't be surprised if you have to ask for a couple of replacement parts.

>(the Salamanders had less than 1000 marines after the Heresy considering they made no successors)
After the Scouring, technically. We don't know how costly that was, but it did last a while.

Some legions get good info in their black books, others don't. So which legion?

Cool, well I'll be using this then, ty. I just wish there was more info on the renegade house color scheme. I got a good house for the IWs but no heraldry or nothin

>kyme

If he's the one writing, then it'll be butchered one way or the other.

on a whim I picked up the terminator captain from Calth, I don't really play 30k but want to paint him up. not sure what to choose from tho, either Iron Warriors Sons of Horus or Alpha Legion, does any one have some simple paint schemes from these legions I could look at?

thanks

Pretty safe to deduce that

1. Lost vast majority of veterans at Istvaan 5 and many other garrison units on the march to Terra
2. Time-consuming recruiting ritual kept numbers low
3. Salamanders eventually had to put down Xiaphas Jurr and his army

imgur.com/a/qjctt

The Forgeworld recipes linked here:
Are wayyyy too damn complicated.

Here's the good Sons of Horus recipe I use:
Vallejo German Army Uniform
Coelia Greenshade wash
Highlight with GAU mixed with Dawnstone or whatever medium grey type color you like
Done

I usually do bronze instead of gold.
Bronze color (your choice)
Agrax Earthshade wash x2 (this makes it really rich)
Edge highlight/weather with Leadbelcher
Final highlights with Runefang Steel

Here's an army shot:
i.imgur.com/H80V5SU.jpg
And the BaC characters:
i.imgur.com/e0K12Jn.jpg

>wayyyy too damn complicated.
>basecoat, shade, then highlight is too complicated

Got anymore of them how to paint guides user or where can I download the full list?

We used to, but they've disappeared. They sucked anyway. You're better off just eyeballing the colors from the FW black book color plates, really.

Quality is fine, especially on their CAD sculpted models. What you've pictured is a recast, a horrible recast to be honest. Even recasters have gotten to almost near FW quality if sometimes not better.

Holy shit those color schemes are horrible. Wish Matt Kane never took his blog down.

Simple is the guiding word of 8th, so I'd keep the paragon blade simple as well.

S+1 AP-3 D3 On a 6 to wound this weapon causes a mortal wound in addition to all other damage.

>8th
It's best that we make and meme our own ruleset, nothing GW brings will be good for the massed armies HH entails.

Whilst true, i think user is onto someting: its better than all the power weapons, and has great damage ala MC powersword, whislt alos mianting the mortal strike.
Its simple and elegant, which is what we want really/

How so?

If I may offer some criticism: Boarding Shield giving a shitty 6++ is boring, now that save modifiers are a thing. I'd say instead pick a more interesting bonus. There are plenty of option: Have it confer the improved save of bing in cover even out in the open; make it ignroe AP-1 or allow for a safe-after-the-safe.

Make it like the Bullgryn slab shield that just gives them straight up 2+ save.

I wonder how void hardened armour would work? Make ranged weapons with random number of attacks roll an extra die and pick the lowest?

>New ForgeWorld stuff on sale
>Wonder what it is
>Maybe some of the HH things from open day
>Hope it's the aquilion terminators
>It's a rouge idol(?)
I really shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, maybe next week we'll get something good?

Just axe it. It's not really something that's utterly vital.

So what do we do about Breacher type squads then?

Honestly, a 2+ save is plenty already. They have a save even against a mighty wallop at AP-4 and being W1 makes them sufficiently different from terminators.

I guess that could work, considering Breacher squads used mk3, or basically proto terminator armor

What legion should I start?

I was thinking Alpha or Blackshields but I really dont know.

Alpha legion since you already want to.

>hhg is far less active than 40kg these days

I've noticed this even on tabletop, for a while fewer people played 40k over 30k at my FLGS. Now it's the inverse.

Has 8th Edition saved 40k and screwed 30k? I mean primaris are dumb lore wise but I'm seeing them everywhere.

>proto terminator armor

I'm pretty sure terminator armour is more than just reinforced power armour.

we need a fucking pasta for these types of post.

Have you been under a rock or something? The switch to 8th wrecked HH, FW are now semi-ignoring HH, check the recent threads for more info.

I got a feeling from Horus Heresy Weekender that Alpha Legion have pretty much abandoned Horus since Alpharius died on Pluto. They'll still be causing havoc but aren't going to bother taking orders.

>game with a whole new edition, faction rules, new factions
>vs. game that has had 1 book come out for it this year and you probably won't see another book till the end of next year

Wonder why...

Something like this?

>loyal or traitor?
>favourite legion and why?
>favourite primarch and why?
>favourite colour?
>shooty or stabby?
>sneaky or loud?
>fast or slow?

Anyone else fancy adding to/changing this?

Mk3 was essentially up armored mk2, but was used for frontal assault/boarding/close quarters were durability was needed. In universe it's attributed as the influence/need for terminator armor's development

>it's attributed as the influence/need for terminator armor's development

Source?

What do you mean by "put down Xiaphas Jurr and his army"?

I'm pretty sure it's in the Black Books, but even in older lore, it was still noted as being meant for fighting in places with minimal to no cover

Did we get some new fluff at the weekender? I missed it

>I got a feeling from Horus Heresy Weekender that Alpha Legion have pretty much abandoned Horus since Alpharius died on Pluto.
What specifically did they say?

New fluff about what? Alpharius has been dead since last year.

>had to shoot them all to death for being crazy cultists

HH was a sort of safety bunker for a lot of 40k players to move to because of how crappy 7th was. Now 8th has come out and is pretty good so most of those 40k players are moving back on top of FW not moving HH to 8th as well.

How to viably equip Gorgon Terminatiors? They seem best suited against 3+/no-AP attacks infantry. If I want to use them as a retinue for my HQ then I have to buy them a Spartan, damn it.

I feel that a lot of the wank infecting 7th is kept out of the Heresy though. I can totally understand keeping 7th because all of the shitfalls have been avoided.

> Busted formations
> Essentially no FOC
> TAC does not exist because every army needs different counters
> Removal of options because they didn't have models

Anything not 2w, 4++ or s8. They are pretty survivable but aren't great at dealing serious damage or outlasting hardy foes.

So nothing Iron Hands aren't already good at. Better to take regular Terminators with HQ/Mor?

Yeah, I'd make them +1, maybe +2 if they need to be better than combat shields. Both would be similar to artificer armor except you'd lose the ability to use two-handed weapons. Or is 8th too simplified for that restriction?

Could rip on Rubricae?
> +1 to all saves against D1 weapons

Eh, if you're going to take a squad of terminators anyway you might as well make them gorgons. The points increase is worth it imo and if you take Mor then it is fluffy as he managed to reverse engineer a few suits.

There are a few things at play.

1) HH was attracting a lot of 40k players who were upset at the rapid power creep in 7th ed. It felt like there was a new flavor of the day on a monthly basis, if not faster. That era appears to be over.
2) 8th is simple enough that new players are bound to like their first impression of it much more.
3) Yes the lore sucks, but the regular Primaris models do look pretty cool. And it seems like there was a lot of pent-up demand for a more modern-looking aesthetic (Starcrafty, imo).
4) HH releases have been slower in the last couple of years, and book 7's typos, rules errors, and imbalance were a turnoff. (Though the release of a new and unique army - Custodes - was unusually exciting for the setting.)

8th's hype will die down as people settle into it, and then HH will go back to being a steady niche game. People might even want to come back to HH's older rules if 8th proves too limiting. Or GW might screw things up with power creep as the codexes come out. Okay, those are unlikely. HH will be more niche than it was.

Not a thing in 30k, so who gives a shit?

Blackshields can be tough to make work, and you'll probably feel left out of a bunch of releases. I'd stick a legion unless you already have something in mind for a rogue warband.

Alpha Legion are flexible because they can choose from a set of special rules at the start of a battle. That makes them something of a finesse army in that you need to be able to look at the terrain and your opponent and come up with a plan right there. They're good with veterans for another level of flexibility, and taking units with Deep Strike like Javelins and Jetbikes is also a good idea.

So I saw an unboxing video for the Custodes terminators, and apparently the standard ones only come with fists and the firepike ones only come with claws.

Strikes me as really lame, I'd want to field pike and fist.

Where did you see the video, got a link?

>literal forgeworld jews
Ffs

So which LA rules are best for an army of cowboys?

I was hoping they could clarify what they meant by
>I got a feeling from Horus Heresy Weekender that Alpha Legion have pretty much abandoned Horus since Alpharius died on Pluto
Like what about the weekender gave them that impression

Blackshields where every model has twin pistols and playing the pirate theme because.

Kinda ridiculous for the price.

I'd also love to know what new fluff there is, because I don't know of any. We can all assume that the AL will be less traitorous now that Omegon is calling the shots, and he tried to prevent Alpharius from stealing the Raven Guard genetech and made it possible for the White Scars to get Dorn's message and leave Chondax (so he seems to be somewhat loyalist).

But we don't know if Alpharius's dudes will listen to Omegon. Probably not, if the legion is still traitorous in M41. But it could explain why they weren't at the Siege of Terra.

>But we don't know if Alpharius's dudes will listen to Omegon.
Well, Omegon IS Alpharius now.

You and everybody else. I mean, why would you *ever* pick talons, bar maybe going against inductee-spam WE.
That said, supposedly the talons are fairly easy to remove and the rest of the fist makes for a reasonable, if bland gauntlet.

WORLD EATERS! EMBRACE THE NAILS

>Alpharius
Alpharius is dead. Dorn needed a primarch kill to make him less worthless.

Oh cool. So who does Mortarion get to kill?

His last shred of dignity, I would assume.

Are HH MKIII space marine models alittle bit taller than regular old 40k space marines in scale? (not primaris)

Nobody. Mortarion is such a failure that even his underlings constantly belittle or make fun of him.

I'll have to check after work, but... I don't think so.

They are going to release the loyalists primarchs soon,so he wont be released until 2020