Starfinder General /sfg/

Mystic Science Edition

Starfinder Link Repository - pastebin.com/6HjrnNZG

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6HjrnNZG
paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk1d?Free-Starfinder-Character-Sheets-Download&fref=gc#46
discord.gg/PhGbw
paizo.com/products/btpy9u7x?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Quest-Into-the-Unknown
docs.google.com/document/d/1b8hx7z53hJ-9JH86mksOWhVtTBNJ4k1tjN1rBBxJROE/edit?usp=sharing
mega.nz/#!cnxVHQpK!2tHhVXCabl5sgB5mEbKB5Wdu1VRDnA4GDTXHnPlHeMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone made an editable character sheet yet?

Yo I wanna fuck that robot.

Cute Robot Girls give me strength.

Gonna homebrew up a race of bots and then play a cute robot mechanic girl.

no no that is your magic teacher for the night

You dork that'll just make it worse.

So she might know a spell that'd allow us to conceive? Good!

Someone suggested backlinking to the Dead Suns leak/dump in /pgg/, which is honestly a good idea.

It starts from there. Spoilers ahead, yadda yadda.

So.

Topic of robots.

How would a proper PC race of robots differ from the limp-wristed effort of Androids?

Turn it into a Class. As you level up, you acquire funds and licenses for crazier and crazier limbs and attachments

Eh. Starships being level-based is wonky enough. Extending that to a class doesn't jive with me.

/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/6HjrnNZG

Core
Sendspace
/file/9dpsh0

What?

You can kinda do that with Mechanic if you go with Exocortex.

You're better off accepting that you will be making 'Armored Core the Race' now than when we got drowned in people wanting to be a spider or, governor, etc.

I read that as "edible character sheet" and was about to ask what the fuck was wrong with you.

>Governor

What the heck kind of racial traits do governors have?

I consume my character sheets at the end of a campaign in order to gain digest the strength of my characters.

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk1d?Free-Starfinder-Character-Sheets-Download&fref=gc#46

They'd be a type of construct for starters. Likely with immunity to normal diseases and poisons but vulnerable software viruses and maybe EMP and electrical attacks. Instead of normal food they'd either plug into an outlet when available or consume charges off a battery that cost and weighed a comparable amount to food for biological characters out in the field.

So I had an idea for an Envoy, focused around Grappling and proximity to enemies to boost their allies attack rolls using stuff like Coordinated Shot, Get 'Em, etc. Are the bonuses you can stack up to attack rolls to aid an ally high enough to make it worth it?

Grappling is garbage.

Is it still garbage in SF?

It's even worse

What are all the robits from Aballon doing? I've had this idea that some started constructed humanoid forms and going out to gain experience to either become like or surpass the First Ones.

I lowkey want /sfg/ to be a thing, I'm actually interested in Starfinder and I don't want to go into /pgg/ just for the main discussion to be "what role do kistunes play in your Starfinder setting fellow furries/weeaboos"

I don't mind a little anime or furfaggotry, but almost every time I go in there the big discussion going down is about a fetish, a furry race, an anime build, or all the above. I went into /pgg/ to discuss stuff about the game, but all it did was make me hate kitsunes and succeeded in making me sick of seeing catgirl pics.

Same. I hate the personality culture that's developed on /pgg/. I'm not sure this thread is a good idea right now, but I hope as Starfinder ages and becomes a more distinct product from Pathfinder, we can have separate regular threads and not be held to /pgg/ traditions.

>What are all the robits from Aballon doing?

They just sort of exist, there's some religious reverence for ruins left by their creators and a Robo-Court where Androids can go to get a 100% fair trial, but other than that? They're robutts doing robutt things.

According to the book?
"Culturally, most Aballonian anacites fall into one of two
ideological groups. Members of the first group, Those Who
Wait, continue to upgrade themselves and stockpile wealth and
resources in the belief that the First Ones will eventually return
and that all of Aballon must be ready to receive them when they
do. Those Who Become, on the other hand, believe their destiny
is to take on the mantle of the First Ones and colonize new worlds
themselves, aiming their robotic seedships out toward the stars. "

>Friendly Robotic Colonizers
and
>Kalistrade, Robot Edition

I actually like the androids but I would have preferred a more droid-like PC race. Also there should be a level 1 Eoxian race for PC use.

So you could very well have a character that is acting as a sort of advanced scout getting a feel for where your people should go, what they are likely to deal with and building a network of contacts. This might not even interfere with adventuring since as an unaging robot you could be working on a directive to be doing that for years or decades before reporting back.

Alright boys! Let's get some discussion going in here before the next Pathfinder thread is also a Starfinder thread!

It's clear that the system we've got in front of us is going to be a bit closer to setting agnostic than Pathfinder. There're more ways to spread out your income during progression, the game isn't tied to the rigid structure where you absolutely need certain bonuses to advance, classes aren't so much tied to concepts like deities having magic that can be flavoured freely.

With this in mind, knowing that anywhere from steampunk to space opera to tech fantasy is viable, what kind of genres are you looking forward too? What medias are you going to be using as inspiration?

Space Opera! Space Feudalism! Space Exploration and Colonization!

Ghost or Thief for Operative specializations?

Metal Gear confirmed.

You're not alone in that regard.

Weebsune and catgirls have gone beyond boring me and into annoying.

Whatcha wanna make, user?

Depends, Ghost is a bit better at combat but Thief has a neat trick if your group doesn't just do the hack-n-slash thing 24/7.

I'm looking forward to shipbuilding.

But a question arises regarding that.

Build points are a fairly good system for building ships, but I'm not fond of the whole 'it just levels up with you' thing.

So my question is, if you were going to put a credit/upb price on one build point, whereabouts would be a good place for it?

Hell, I wouldn't mind it if it was just that. Even anime and furfaggotry is better than fapping over ERP games they're not even in and worshipping the biggest NEETs on the board as "celebrities".

Ghost is definitely the better specialization. Until further notice, the +4 bonus on a DEX skill makes it the best trick attacking specialization and the 11th level ability gives you active narrative power, while the one on Thief assumes you're failing which makes it weaker. It's hard to judge exploits without more play information.

As a house rule, would it be better to remove the +4 on ghost, or add +4 to Daredevil and Thief?

Agreed. Like, fuck it, people can do whatever they think is fun but the /pfg/ community is so cancerous that I really want nothing to do with anything that comes from it.

Add it to Daredevil and Thief. Never use a stick where a carrot would do just as well.

Friendly reminder that we have a Discord group for Starfinder discussions and campaigns.

discord.gg/PhGbw

>worshipping the biggest NEETs on the board
Who? Me?

I was looking forward to a Star Trek style game, but session 0 ended with me writing up a Futurama style game.

Revised List of /PFG/. and now /SFG/, deities

>LG: Captain Slow, the All-Daddy
>LG: Protag, the Measured Voice
>NG: Sappy, the Guileful Mother
>NG: Wist, the Eternal Daughter
>CG: Sweagle, the Master of Memes
>CG: RgPI, the Spaghettied Queen
>LN: DHB, the Wise Homebrewer Denied His Games
>LN: Downtime, the Architect of Civilization
>N: Ceri, the Source of Secrets
>N: SillyMe, the Raiser of Gods
>CN: Sleep, the Ever-Changing
>CN: Rory, the Foolish Wolf
>LE: Disk, the Deceitful Councilor
>LE: Broodie, the Lord of Cabals
>NE: 2hu, the Banished Princess (male)
>NE: IKiD the Mistress of Lewds
>CE: Vult, the Weeping God
>CE: IDrive, the Empty One

Is it a good Discord?

Yes, hop in bro. Everyone's welcome.

How do we REALLY fix the envoy and solarian?

POST CHARACTER INSPIRATIONS
>Envoy with Idol theme

it's a fairly quiet one; honestly, I'd say that's a good thing.

I would give them both 1/3 spells and a soldier companion.

Infected by catgirls already.

Jeez. I went and watched that again a couple days ago! In the cinema no less! They had some showings for the 20th anniversary.

>lists Sweagle and Vult but not Btran and Selvgard
>Sappy as NG

Get the fuck out of here!

>no pantheons

We need PANTHEONS

>not wanting a cute thread
just embrace it user-kun

I'm opposed to giving them spell progression. Any changes to accommodate them should impact the class identity as little as possible, both in regards to flavour and in regards to mechanical options.

I've been running playtests and while they are definitely on the weak side, I don't think either class needs as much help as most people do.
Solarian at least will have fine functionality with some numbers adjustment, and I might add some features as house rules at 5th and 15th.
Envoy definitely needs a bit, but I've had one in every game I've been a part of so far and while the performance is poor, the playstyle is satisfying and spell casting would introduce issues to it.

Then give us an idea for a pantheon, you dork!

You should probably continue that discussion over at I think it'd be more relevant there.

Time for a new /SF/ pantheon! The gap happened and new deities emerge, old deities fade.

So is the Envoy like that one shit job which is essential to making the party run smoothly, but nobody wants to take it? Is it actually that essential? Or even that useful?

Btran would be a swedish trickster god

Selvgard the lurker in the dark, the eternal watcher

anyone have a copy of the /PGG/ map?

>Btran
>Selvgard

Literally fucking who?

It does nothing an operative can't handle.

im honestly just here for the space ships

some oldfags that summerfags are worshipping as celebrities

its best not to get involved

Give other people actions.

The envoy is weak and a party doesn't need one, but I haven't had a single player complain about how it feels to play. The fact of the matter is that you're not really that good of a skill monkey, and your combat capabilities will be weak, but it's still a natural face class and the playstyle gives you fun abilities and varied turns on their action economy.

They do need a buff, but a lot of people are taking it the wrong way. Right now it's true that any party will probably benefit more from having a damage dealing operative or mechanic, even if they already have one of each, on their party line-up. Suggestions like giving them spellcasting changes their identity though and discourages you from using the interesting options they do have, which have a strong flavour and interesting interactions.

How fucking old are they, I've been around since the beginning of the memegames and I dunno who they are.

When will we have space kitsune?

Check /ppg/, they already had a space kitsune build day 2 of the Starfinder leak.

>General Thread
>Gives no information in the OP

So I've noticed it's supposed to be Space Opera in the Pathfinder universe, is this right?

Is it d20? Is it mechanically sound?

Is this shit brand new or something?

I got some cool ideas for the game when my copy shows up.

Generally, I throw out the official setting and draft something more to my tastes, but I'll start out at least in Starfinders because I'm learning it the same time as the players. At least until it annoys me...

Space opera in the Pathfinder universe is right, but the system itself is more agnostic to general sci-fi than Pathfinder is to fantasy.

Still a d20 and suffers from some trappings of that and 3.X, but the core mechanics work out much better than they ever did in any version of 3.X. Unfortunately the rulebook is a rush job and there're a lot of minor errors, as well as awkward balance issues. Won't change your mind if you dislike d20 but it's less likely to frustrate you to hell like its predecessors often do.

Officially came out today, though it's been leaked for over a week.

It's Pathfinder fast-forwarded several centuries (or may millenia, we don't fucking know because Paizo are hacks).

It takes inspiration from shit like Firefly primarily. and yes, it's the same core system as DnD 3.5 and Pathfinder, but they've actually balanced casters for once. I'd say if you liked the mechanics of the D20 system but hated how unbalanced Pathfinder and DnD 3.5 were, it may well be worth a look.

paizo.com/products/btpy9u7x?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Quest-Into-the-Unknown

>mercenaries are CR 1/2 and totally unarmored, have HP 13

>tactical semi-auto pistol sucks, targets KAC, deals only 1d6 damage, pathetic increment 30 feet

>fighting totally unarmored CR 1/2 mercenary
>shoot mercenary with tactical semi-auto pistol

>CRIT!
>MAX DAMAGE CRIT!
>12 damage!

>CR 1/2 mercenary still standing with 1 HP

Why do semi-auto tactical pistols suck so much? Are they 9mm?

>9mm

Lol, need the stopping powah of the .45.

>It takes inspiration from shit like Firefly primarily.
id say it is very similar to the wildstar video game in theme. which is good cuz it was fun.

Well, both Firefly and Wildstar were designed with "space western" themes.

i wanna fuck that foxgirl

Hope she doesn't have a dick

Solarian is almost simple; I'm fiddling with the idea of giving weapon solarians cha to attack and damage, and armor solarians cha to hp and ac.

As far as Envoy goes, I have... well, it's not a re-write, I'm referring to it as a 'bolt on' to their standard chassis.

docs.google.com/document/d/1b8hx7z53hJ-9JH86mksOWhVtTBNJ4k1tjN1rBBxJROE/edit?usp=sharing

I like that solarion fix, user.

yeah; though I screwd up a bit, it's cha to ac and *saves*, not hp, hp's fine as it is I think.

Thats probly better.

POST WHAT CHARACTER YOU WANT TO BE
ima be a android mechanic with a hoverbot AI. my hover bots name will be bubbles and it will be super cute, but also have a heavy laser canon for when it gets mad so it can atomize space douches. i will be the ship engineer and ill repair stuff with my best friend bubbles.

it will be fun.
FUN

Just downloaded Into the Unknown, after having to sign in and 'purchase' the free PDF to then have my name, email, and date of purchase on a free PDF.

Only Paizo would make you purchase and plaster anti-piracy measures on a fucking free PDF.

If she does, can I have her?

Oh hey, the Soldier gets a save-or-die. That's one way to handle the caster/martial disparity.

its a carrot to get people to sign up for their site, much like how companies have free video games on their video game download services. your angry, user, be less angry.

Vesk soldier: specializes in heavy weapons and explosives. Can easily act as a gunner, engineer, or pilot. Also loves tinkering on vehicles and fighter starships. Like the iconic, but smarter and more skilled.

Absalom Station just posted on pgg.

Into the Unknown?

>delibitating sniper talent
>uses swift action
>sniping is a full round action which eats your standard, move AND swift
>you can't snipe and use a sniping shot at the same time

Sasuga, Paizo.

>sniping is a full round action which eats your standard, move AND swift
but thats wrong? the aim action consumes your move nothing else

Yeah user, it's the link in the post that I was responding to.

Fucking aces.

From /pgg/, some user provided a link to Dead Suns 1 PDF, download it before it's taken down.

mega.nz/#!cnxVHQpK!2tHhVXCabl5sgB5mEbKB5Wdu1VRDnA4GDTXHnPlHeMY

I'm not following. What is Into the Unknown?