AdMech thread

Our units are either really good, or really bad. No in-between. And more than half of out unit choices are bad.

Post your skittles and toaster fuckers, feel free to mourn the old haywire rule that made our cyborgs scary.

I want to do Forge World Moirae but there's no mention of color. I'm thinking various shades of sea-blue-grey, cause the cloaks of the Moirae sisters from Greek mythology are often depicted that way. If they ever roll out a scheme later I guess I could say they're penitents. Sound like a plan?

Well I want a flyer of some kind. All I ask for is some cybernetica drones or something. Hell, I know the whole thing with Skittles is that they walk everywhere, but some kind of jump-pack Skittle sounds cool.

I want to make a group of electro priests & chicken lancers with a few robots all coming from a shitty backwater Forgeworld, the people were retarded & worshipped a lizard who didnt trigger the Forgeworld defense systems of the "holy land", til a tech priest came & showed them the proper way to do things & how stuff worked. The tech priest also just took the lizard as a pet & convinced the degenerates that the lizard was the messenger of the Omnissiah/Emperor. The lizards name is Bob

I got bored of Taser Lances so i'm gonna try out the Radium Jezzail. They're both pretty terrible though.

I run a culexus assassin with my AdMech list. Helps when I'm facing GK or daemons. Besides, canticles suck ass anyways.

My brand-new guys. The start collecting box is a true bargain. Going for the Onager now

Not an admech player but my m8 is. We havent played amy 8th and he has.only just started building up his.admech but he is going to try rocking the 6 dakka robot squad. How is this not every admech players go to? 108 shots 110pts per robo. As a nids olayer i have no real way of dealing with this short of t1 charge

I'm a newb when it comes to AdMech but I assume it's because full robosquad costs quite a lot (both in terms of points and cash) and it takes a HS slot that could go to a Neutron Laser Onager.

Also because with a pair of squads if one gets charged all of them don't get locked down and the charged one can pull back and the uncharged can hose down the enemies

Just take an Astra Militarum or Space Marine Flyer Wing detachment. It won't benefit from your Protocols, but it won't harm them either because it's in a different Detachment.

Could someone explain to me how the forces are organised this ed? What's up with battleforged armies? How to include allies?

The Volkite Blaster is good a good anti-infantry weap? How does the special rule work? First you inflict the normal damage, kills a 1W model, and the mortal wound is dealt to another guy, right?

Have you considered reading the rules?

There are many different force org charts. Each detachment uses one. Each detatchment must be defined by a keyword, which all members of said detatchment must share. For example Imperial is a keyword, but so is Space Marine or Adeptus Mechanicus. All the new books released (not the indexes) include an incentive to use the more narrow keywords to define your detatchment in the form of an equivalent to "objectives secured." You ALSO need to pick a keyword to define your entire army, which all models in the army must share. Allies would be represented by picking a BROAD keyword for your army, but multiple, more NARROW keywords with your detachments.

At first, I had hope that this edition was going to be different, but they already brought back objectives secured, trying to use it as the same sort of incentive to use troops as last edition, and surely another attempt at formations is incoming.

You pick a detachment, and fill out the compulsory slots, and then any optional ones you wish to use.
Example:
>Vanguard Detachment
>HQ: Tech-priest Dominus
>Elite: Cybernetica Datasmith
>Elite: Sicarian Ruststalkers
>Elite: Sicarian Infiltrators
>Heavy Support: Kastelan Robots
from there, you make sure that every unit has at least one Faction Keyword in common, in this case:
>Imperium, Adeptus Mechanicus,

Once that's done, you could build a separate detachment in which you could, if you wanted, take a different Imperium Army, say, Space Marines, or Guard, so:
>Superheavy Detachment
>LOW: Baneblade
>LOW: Stormlord
>LOW: Imperial Knight Crusader
which would have the Keyword
>IMPERIUM
But they wouldn't have any faction-specific rules, whilst if you were to swap the Crusader out for another baneblade variant, just for shits and giggles, the detachment would have the keywords:
>IMPERIUM, ASTRA MILITARIUM,
Allowing you to use whatever equivalent of Legion/chapter tactics GW decide to give different guard regiments, if any.
After you've filled out the detachments and come up with an army list to the Points level or Power Level of the game you're building the list for, you work out what the keywords of the whole army would be, which, using the example above, would be Imperium.

Fires of Cyraxus when?
I want cybernetica's cool boys and bots, the various tracked trains, the build-a-landraider and the other Mechancicum toys from HH for the Admech.

>Fires of Cyraxus when?
Fucking never.

if they do it like Age of Sigmar, which has been received positively so far, they're probably going to charge for formations.

So you pay for each individual model, then you pay a surplus of points to get the specialty formation rules. That's all that formations ever needed and it'd make it fun to play fluffy or powerful options.

Yep, mortal wounds always carry over to the next model if they kill something, so even if you did 10 wounds and 1 mortal wound to a guardsman, the 1 mortal wound would carry over to the next guardsmen while the remaining 9 normal wounds wouldn't.

How do I use dragons this edition lads? I play vs a lot of marines and they aren't the transport poppers that they were. They seem to be gunned down without doing anything for me every game so far but I have a feeling I'm using them wrong. At least they draw a lot of big guns I guess?

Next question is how good are electro priests and rust stalkers? I've been running mass infiltrator for my elites which has worked great so far but I want to try a vanguard detachment with all of our elite choices.

Also, are Breachers just shit now? Without haywire, arc rifles and arc claws hardly ever wound, I feel like I'd do more damage with mass vanguard shots vs vehicles.

Final question is how good are vanguard in combat? I love the models but my army is more or less totally assault focused so I'd pretty much be bringing them to walk forwards, shoot for a round and then charge.

Charging for formations wouldn't have made formations edition not game-breaking.

Dragons are great distraction carnifexes. Plus, that +1 cover save they always have is great for soaking up fire.

because in casual play it's a dick move and in tournament play it's not hard to get charged and locked down. Also, not enough board control for grabbing objectives.

Dragoons are terrible. They don't have the toughness to be a distraction carnifex as the idiot above me said. They're just giving away first blood.

Both are good. fulgerites are better electro priests.

yes

not good. Not as bad as some things but definitely not good.