/aosg/ Warhammer Age of Sigmar General

Friewave Edition

Fresh news
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/17/the-season-of-war-continues-in-firestorm-aug17gw-homepage-post-2/
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/17/nurgle-rises-in-the-mortal-realms-aug-16gw-homepage-post-1/

resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Empire-General
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR GRANDPA

Just got a SC Skaven box and the Skirmish/Path to Glory books, teach me aos, how do I rat?

Reposting in fresh bread

Would the old (and best) Changeling model be ok to use as a Cairnwraith or some type of Necromancer? I'm thinking about selling my Tzeentch daemons. However, the old metal Changeling is legit one of my favorite models, so I want to keep it.

Well, you got a few options. Are you stinky rats?

I think so? It's the Skaven Pestilence starting box, I also got a Grey rat, I think? and the 2 runner guys from Silver Tower

Monks are beasts in Skirmish and the priest is pretty handy is such small games. Also Skaven Pestilens gonna get new allegiance abilities in the new GHB. If I were you, I would wait until GHB release to see what you benefit from new abilities and what you should buy next - maybe it would be worth to mix your rats with new nurgle daemons?

Oh I totally forgot, I got 2 Isle of Blood/Spire of Dawn boxes lying around, that's a TON of Skaven, if any of that is good for stuff

Want lots of rats. Plague monks are awesome in skirmish. A stormfiend is also good. Skirmish is nice because you're not bound by clan allegiance.
Pestilens is what I mainly use in regular play, but skryre is definitely stronger (even though stormies are going to be nerfed). Skryre and pestilens are about to get allegiance specific stuff.

Lexicanum needs your help keeping itself updated with Age of Sigmar.

If you guys can, sign up help me keep it updated.

Wait, is the snail man resin? I don't have the cash for forgeworld crap

Get a plague claw catapult
Get a vermin lord
Get Nurgle blight kings for allies

Just adding info from product description and warscrolls found on their website is a lot of help!

>forge world
>caring for anything else besides khorne

For real though, most of the rumour mill pics are in resin for some reason

my only concern with the metal one would be altering or removing that large tzeentch charm at his waist - not insurmountable for a determined modeller - otherwise replacing the staff top and chopping the extra arms would leave you with a very cool ghost/mage looking dude.

I don't know, I think the staff is a good scythe looking staff. It's not overtly Tzeentchy; it's more or less just a bird skull. The symbol is easy enough to change (kek).

Could anons with experience with Skirmish tell me how they found it? How quick was it? Was it fun? Missed my local stores AoS night so hope to get something ready for next week. Going in with my Grots.

Sylva-Death user here from last thread. How good are Spite-Revenants? I like the concept of them a lot more than the normal Tree-Revenants, and doing a Dreadwood Wargrove would be pretty cool with a mix of undead stuff in there. I figure Spirit Hosts make for a cool stand in if I make them look like the spirits are coming out of some sort of foliage, and likewise the Spite Revenants could easily make for spirit hosts.

What are some good third party minis that you use?

The games are quick, expect them to last around half an hour. I found them to be great fun. (I play grots as well)

Easy to learn and quick to play - something about ~40 minutes. If you have some other armies then you should build an extra warband or two and try to invite your friends - it's a great way to attract newbies

Why the fuck would anyone willingly play grots? They are utter shit.

>Why would you play goblins? Orcs are so much more cool exdee
BECAUSE FUCK YOU

Fun, theme,fluff, a challenge. The gitmob arent so hot but moonclan can definately cause some damage.

Fun things are fun, user.

Gitmob can wreck shit. Take a block of 40 grots with bows and put sneaky stabbing on them
That 5+ 5+ - 1 bow just became a 3+ 4+ -1 1 bow. Now you have 40 of those.

>implying orcs are any better
They are both trash that should have been dropped from the setting
>losing the majority of your games
>fun

You appear to be bitter.

So I'm finally getting around to round basing my High Aelf force. For heroes should I stick with the 25mm or bump them up to a 32mm?

Dude, a moonclan list just blew a major tournament away

Also, grots are funny

maybe it's a prototyping thing

>i'm an autist that cant have fun unless I powergame and constantly win

Do you enjoy ANY hobby you have, or does it always go back to calculating numbers?

Is pic related just a sephia wash on white spray, with some green wash?

>turns out this entire release is FW
>still no plastic greater daemon

>tfw more stormcast

Internal teams get resin sculpts for painting

Plastic production happens after resin approval

Someone please call me a lazy shit so I can feel motivated to actually paint my Skaven

Bump? Would this be good for cross faction? I'm trying to think of what could count as what between Death and Sylvaneth

Paint your shit you fucking faggot.
Put some music, Warhammer weekly or a podcast on and paint.
Its actually fun when you have something to listen to.

Thank you user
Will post pics when I finally finish them

Hey faggot, nice greytide you got going on there.
did that help?

I painted my skaven and I suck ass at it. You can too! No excuses

stormvermin can be a really fun way to play if you like their looks and the older lore. its a not very lethal looking model that can get force multipled really quickly and become very killy.

Thanks anons

That jade effect is nice user.

GW finally acknowledges the existence of freeguild in new box form. Thank fuck Gee Dubbz

>finally a freeguild box
>half of it is Stormcast
>Cheaper to buy Freeguild separate

>Finally acknowledges the existence of Freeguild
>Got their own book
>Several mentions in the Stormcast battletome

I mean, yeah, they're still horribly neglected, but this is hardly the first time the Freeguilds have come up.

I'd agree with this. The scythe/bird skull look feels appropriate for a ghost wizard.

Is that the official regimental scheme for Hammerhal?

Is anyone Prince and/or Emperor of Hammerhal?

who is that guy wielding a warhammer in the center?

>sce are the minority
This is how it should be

Some fag is already blogging that its a new model lol.
No its part of the Empire commander box.

A teaser clearly shows a female stormcast with no helmet.

games-workshop.com/en-US/Empire-General

The sneak peek pictures are probably resin due to them probably being very easrly sculpts

>Why the fuck would anyone willingly play [insert any AoS faction here]? They are utter shit.

People play what they find fun to play user

Ask Games Workshop on Facebook, I am sure they will give you an answer

What colours did you use for the wood?

Brown

>Celestant Prime
>He was the most heroic of mankind’s champions, a great king and guardian of men from an age rapidly growing darker. When he was chosen as the first by Sigmar, the God-King poured into him a prodigious portion of divine might.
>Wields Ghal Maraz

Why won't they just say it's fucking Karl Franz? They own the IP for christ sakes

Is there an official map of the realms yet?

So, what exactly is an Ophidian Gateway? I'm thinking about a Dreadwood Grove and apparently they're relevant

No, but nothing is stopping you from making your own maps

>Freeguild finally get their own box set.
>Clog it up with Stormcast

This shit is balls

So I'm a 40k player, but as I was digging through my old stuff I came across my ancient Dogs of War army I briefly toyed with in Warhammer Fantasy. Tons of pikes, crossbows, and armored knights in a roughly roman theme.

Is there any way to use this in Age of Sigmar? Is there such a thing as a phalanx unit in this game?

Grand Cultivator of Nurgle, lad. And it's in plastic. Just an early model, they make them in resin first.

Stormcast are in every Grand City Box set, because they work as a Suppliment force for the Natives.

Freeguild guard.

Hop on the GW site and search Freeguild

>we will never get saurus warriors that look like this

Because it's not him. Karl Franz died before AoS. He existed in the old world. Sigmar didn't start taking up souls until long long long after the old world was destroyed and kingdoms rose and fell in the mortal realms.

It's not Karl Franz

Who is it then? Alcadizaar?

We don't know his name. He was just a great king of one of the biggest human kingdoms in the mortal realms during the age of chaos, where the mortal realms were being conquered by chaos

but the mortal realms were fucking destroyed when the Old World was destroyed, this timeline makes no sense!

What are blathering about? The mortal realms, i.e. the eight realms of magic, only arose after the world was reshaped.

What are you on about? The winds of magic formed into the mortal realms during end times, then the old world was destroyed. Sigmar found the mortal realms later and helped build up and guide civilisations toward progress.

So there are these VAST EXPANSES OF TIME that we know NOTHING ABOUT

Literally just BTW, MILLIONS OF YEARS PAST AND A BUNCH OF STUFF HAPPENED AND CHAOS WON AGAIN :^)

For What Purpose?

Just got my lord of change in the mail today, I've never built such a large or complex model before, any suggestions for building/transporting greater daemon sized stuff for the noob before I even open it?

Magnetize wings and other parts that stick out. Get a large shoebox and stuff it with paper towels.

There are a few map in some of the battletomes
But like this user says Just make your own, just like I have done

Because worlds need time to develop?

Be sure to magnetize the wings, the model is a bitch to transport even with out them, but it makes things easier.

Allegiance: Seraphon (with the new GBH)
Skink Priest (100)
- Priestly Trappings
10 x Skinks (80)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
10 x Skinks (80)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
Stegadon (260)
Troglodon (200)
Shadowstrike Starhost (120)

Total: 980/1000

Any recommendations?

Does the new GHB change any point costs?
For seraphon specifically?

Why could they not have just said there were other worlds, parallel to the old world, fighting their own War with chaos?

Because who gives a shit about other worlds? The old world was wiped out, saying there were other worlds out there lessenes the effect to being irrelevant in the greater scope of things.

Have your heroes been reboxed? If yes then take a look on GW site. If no, then go 25mm

Looking at the Skirmish book, it seems that:

Starpriest is cheaper:100>80
Terradon Riders are cheaper: 140>120
Skinks are cheaper: 80>60

No confirmation though, but if you do the reverse math on those renown costs, it does imply that. We'll have to see, would be helpfull, since with just a few deductions I could fill in those last 20 points and swap out a monster for a more expensive one.

You could say the same thing about the Mortal realms, who gives a shit about them?

If we were fighting to restore or reclaim the old world that would be awesome, but it was blown to bits.

just a couple of 2mm magnets should do it? I don't have any other drill-bits that I think would fit in the wings, so I'd have to just leave the wings off until next week or something

Thanks for the heads up about the wings, I was kinda hoping I'd get away with not magnetising them, but in the 40k thread I got told to magnetise them as well, so it seems like it'd be stupid not to

Not him user but besides the RPG and Blood Bowl, the Old World is gone. Let it go man.

I know! I just...

I miss her ok?

It didn't have to be like this. Age of Sigmar could've had more to do with the old days! It didn't have to be a complete divorce

Raging Heroes. They have a line of elves called blood vestals that I use for witch aelves. They're sexier and a bit cheaper than them, too.

If its of any consolation user, some smart chap posted a pretty rad website to make your own maps. If there is one nice bit about having such a broad spectrum, you can literally carve out your own place tidily in any realm as they are described as their own settings in and of themselves. Plus its not out there to have a chaos sorcerer or a goblin to crack open a portal to enter another realm.

For me the reason i dont mind is: its like a home. A home is not made up by the property but more so the people living in it. We still have our fave armies, just the locations are different.

I think that was me in the previous thread right?
I made these two using a website called inkarnate.com

Yeah, thanks for that. I an gonna fiddle with my own map today, cant wait!

Be sure to share it later, I am cuirous to see what you can come up with

I miss karl

So what rulebooks do you need to start AoS?