If you're not running or playing a campaign right now, why are you posting on a interweb message board?

If you're not running or playing a campaign right now, why are you posting on a interweb message board?

because it's thursday night and I only play on saturdays and tuesdays

I only have time to post those times I'm NOT playing.

Because I've reached the point in my life when I'm too lazy and anxious to even play games, but too afraid of God to kill myself

I don't play RPGs.

the same is mine

I'm running a session right now and my players are diddling around despite knowing what to do next just to see if they can find anything else before killing everyone.

Dave, I swear to God if you don't put the phone down I'm going to give your character turbosyphillus

Because I live on a farm and can only play while at university

Because I'm homebrewing the setting for my GM.

For (you)s

No friends in the area, and I work nights so I'm not available during 'game nights', and you guys have told me too many horror stories to trust roll20.

because I refuse to play campaigns online with autists and i have no one to play with until i go back to uni

and even then people are too lazy to play a campaign

Here you go user.

kill yourself

avoidant personality disorder

Because I'm too socially inept to find players.

Because I tried several times with different assortments of people I know pretty well and it didn't quite work, at least I want to believe those sessions weren't what RPGs are supposed to be

None of my friends or myself can GM with any confidence so we're stuck in purgatory wanting to start a campaign but missing a key component

I play tabletops wargames, It's Veeky Forums, not /rpg/

I've never ever ran or played a campaign. I'm not terribly interested in traditional games at all. I am, however, into fantasy and escapism and worldbuilding, so I shitpost on Veeky Forums sometimes about settings.

Why would you be afraid of something that doesn't exist?

*tips fedora furiously*

Because for the third week in a row, one of the players is going to be absent on Saturday.
It'd be fine if it were a largish party, but there are only two players and me.

Because I like talking about my hobbies with other people?

How do you run a game for 2 people, wouldn't the combat be super hard for just 2 men? Besides, surely a 2 man party ain't gonna save the world.

Have you seen any movies or other media, or are you just iterating the standard party structure in standard plot in every game?

I have never GM, just a player. When a friend couldn't attend the meeting, the fights became notoriously harder.

It's Anima, so the combat's actually a little easier for just two players and whatever NPCs I decide to have tagging along at the time.
Helps that I've been running this game for almost three years, and we initially had five players, but one left because he got bored, another because he had no reliable transportation and was an asshole to everyone at the table, and got mouthy towards any female in the store, and the third left because she got a better job opportunity across the country. That all happened in the first year.
NPC assistance was a bigger thing at first, but they're powerful enough now that they're only really threatened by super-strong supernatural creatures, entire armies, or a party tailored to fucking their specific brand of shit.

And they are damned-sure going to save the world or die trying. Even if they may have come real close to dooming it by nearly releasing the AntiChrist on accident.

I don't play, just lurk

Lurk more faggot.