Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Power Armor Edition
Which modules are you most looking forward to adding to your first suit of powered armor?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/6HjrnNZG
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/brawler#TOC-Martial-Flexibility-Ex-
paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9svt
paizo.com/products/btpy9u7x?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Quest-Into-the-Unknown
mega.nz/#!cnxVHQpK!2tHhVXCabl5sgB5mEbKB5Wdu1VRDnA4GDTXHnPlHeMY
youtu.be/yVFt0szaX_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What classes offer an unbound bonus feat at level 1, or at least a bonus combat feat besides fighter/monk?

Who gets the most benefit out of Sleeping Goddess?

Initiator Soul Aegis, Pathwalker Psywar, Warsoul HiPsi Soulknife, Zealot, or Nightmare Dread?

There are two serums available for purchase, one of them turns you into the gender you wish to be, and the other one alters your appearance to whatever the fuck you want.

This means you can excuse any figure, any hair color and any overall body.

>tfw not playing an initiator
>tfw just sorta lazy

I got so long to get my app in though. Anyone else planning to apply when they get around to it??

We have a starfinder thread now you goof.

tell them to delete it, we're keeping Starfinder here

Anybody ever take the Cecaelia for a test drive? How'd they play?

Why exactly do we need to shove two different games into one thread?

Because this is paizo general. They're both based off pathfinder, the rules are compatible.

To maximize the pain.

They're less compatible than PF and 3.5 are, and 3.5 is kept out.

Are you the same guy who had the raging boner for us being /pgg/ in the first place, pushing it at every single opportunity?

We already tried separating before, people still talked about starfinder in the PF thread.

We don't have enough shitposters for 2 threads.

No?
I've barely been here these last few days.

They'll just have to double their efforts.

closest thing i can think of is the crusader cleric, you're better off asking for a specific feat you're trying to dip for

Pathwalker

That's because people kept making /pgg/ threads and making starfinder topics.

I just levelled up and we're about to go into a major confrontation. Having improved vital strike (or just vital strike) would be very nice for this next fight. Even if it's a dumb dip, I can retrain it later no problem, this fight is just time sensitive.

Are there any APs where religion is banned, or worship is heretical?

Get yoself some Martial Flexibility, bro. Look at the BRawler

APs? No.

Countries? Yes, Rahadoum is explicitly atheist, and there's a Tropico-esque dictatorship in the River Kingdoms where religion is banned.

Brawler

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/brawler#TOC-Martial-Flexibility-Ex-

>Martial Flexibility (Ex)

>A brawler can take a move action to gain the benefit of a combat feat she doesn’t possess. This effect lasts for 1 minute. The brawler must meet all the feat’s prerequisites. She may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + 1/2 her brawler level (minimum 1).

>The brawler can use this ability again before the duration expires in order to replace the previous combat feat with another choice.

How much strength do I need to rip a child's head off with my bare hands?

You need an EDGE stat of 20.

Is Pathfinder good for a first time RPGer? The setting is very appealing to me.

No. Pathfinder is ideal for people who've given up all hope on finding a fun group and have resorted to simply putting together increasingly complex and absurd character builds from the now billions of combinations possible while still keeping them capable of actual function.

>first time
>the setting is good
Nah nah nah.

Not really. The system has a lot of trap options, a lot of shortcomings, and a lot of complex rules.

If you want something more accessible, try something else with a lighter rules system.

Yes! As long as you have a good DM and someone to guide your hips during character creation, you'll be on your way to years of fun with friends battling insidious villains and being big goddamn heroes!

Is there a good alternative Harrying Partners teamwork feat? If not, it seems I am shit out of luck. I wanted to build a Empiricist Investigator skill monkey with aid another capabilities in combat. But teamwork feats are fucking shit. If I wanted to try and build around them that would require being a Majordomo Investigator but from what I have seen it is shit and does not stack with the Empiricist. Any 1pp help or ideas?

Aww, good call, thank you.

This will be very useful.

Reposting in case user missed it. Fear immunities are so 2016.

Anyone else running SF campaign? What do you do with the sheer bookkeeping of everything running on batteries?

What homebrew rules do you have?

pretty much yeah

Immunity to feat = immunity to demoralize

paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9svt

Bookkeeping with batteries is currently my #1 concern about the game, having not played it yet and still working my way through the CRB. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Posting the pages of a book as images is so much worse than uploading a pdf we can actually use. Why did it become the standard way of leaking shit?

Anyone want a Level 1 Starter Ship for their party? I have some downtime so I'm making a few of them.

Yes, but the check made is not a demoralize, the spell pierces fear immunity, and if you succeed on your check the fear immunity is removed for everything else too while the target is shaken.

I don't really need one, but I'd love to hear your ideas all the same, user.

sure, have any out-dated transport ship for a small crew of 3-6?

Gming for new players, should I start them at lv 3 or 4?

Because it prevents identifying information from being visible.

Ship Stats:
Name: AM-290 "Fortune Seeker"
Manufacutuer: Absol Motors
Class: Light Freighter
Size: Small
Maneuverability: Good (+1 Piloting, Turn 1)
HP: 40 (Increment 10)
DT: -
CT: 8
Mounts:
Forward Arc (2 Light)
Gyrolaser: Range Short, Damage 1d8, Broad Arc
Port Arc (1 Light)
Light Laser Cannon: Range Short, Damage 2d4
Starboard Arc (1 Light)
Light Laser Cannon: Range Short, Damage 2d4
Expansion Bays: 3
Minimum Crew: 1
Maximum Crew: 6
PCU Total: 88/90
Thruster PCU: 50
Computer PCU: 10
Weapon PCU: 20
Shield PCU: 5
Countermeasures PCU: 3
Speed: 10
Thruster Pilot Modifier: +0
Armor Bonus AC: +4
ICM Bonus: +1
Computer Nodes: 2
Countermeasures TL Bonus: +4
Engine Rating: 2
Unused Expansion Bays: 3
Cargo Space: 75 Tons (Limit of item size is Large)
Sensor Range: Short
Sensor Modifier: +0
Shield SP: 10
Shield Regen: 1/min

Background:
The AM-290 Ore Hauler, more commonly known as the "Fortune Seeker"-class, is an Absol Motors mining rig. Developed just prior to the Swarm attacks, Absol Motors was hoping to break into the thriving Ore Rush of the Diaspora. A huge demand of mining vessels had driven a rushed 3-year development period that resulted in the AM-290. When the Swarm did arrive in 291, all attention was turned to beating back the insect invaders. Demand plummeted and sales with them. Absol Motors was forced to short-sell their stock to numerous outlaws in the belt just to stay afloat. Today, after seventeen years of service, the Fortune Seeker now sees more action against trading vessels than it does in asteroids, though the ease of modification means the Raiders usually up-gun their ships.

How about something that was supposed to be a Q-Ship, but ended up so middle of the road that it didn't have enough cargo space OR weapons capability to fill the role; ended up being something like a 'babby's first spaceship' for people bereft of preferences.

Only if you're someone who obsessively loves Character Generation minigames, and take joy from spending hours pouring over millions of books liiking for character build options to maximize your character in terms of both fluff and mechanics.

So meaning no, not for most people. I enjoyed it as my first, but I'm wierd and admittedly my anecdotal experience is not indicative of most people

How reasonable would it be to backport SF Classes to PF, and allow players to be able to take them? Any classes in specific that would cause a problem?

The party is in a dungeon and I'm going to have them run into another adventuring party. They'll be friendly and it will show them it isn't all about monsters and traps.

What should the competing party's characters be? So far I'm thinking a half-Orc Magus as their leader

Sweet! Just what I was looking for. Saved me some work, user. Thanks!

Give me a second

Operative would be a better rogue for a while, though iteratives would BTFO trick attack eventually. Flatfooted is a bit of a bigger deal in PF though, so they'd make good debuff. Envoy a shit, plain and simple. A lot of their damage is weapon-based, so it may be weird. The features that give them extra attacks would be replaced by iteratives, so I'm not sure if you'd want to give them replacement abilities.

What's allowed material? Occult? Races allowed? Gotta give us more than that.

Why aren't you playing a Kasatha Solarion right now?

What is that clip from, user?

Firefly, user. Specifically, the episode "Heart of Gold".

Because Solarian a shit. Icon Envoy camwhore is where it's at.

So a tenth level arcane trickster can cast fireball and sneak attack everyone that gets hit?

Am I reading this right? That's really kinda crazy.

Because I'm making my Kasatha something else entirely!

What, user?

Any help or am I out of luck?

What are your PCs?

Also, see

A huge dork LARPing as a hardboiled detective!

But the envoy is even shittier than the solarian.

paizo.com/products/btpy9u7x?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Quest-Into-the-Unknown

>mercenaries are CR 1/2 and totally unarmored, have HP 13

>tactical semi-auto pistol sucks, targets KAC, deals only 1d6 damage, pathetic increment 30 feet

>fighting totally unarmored CR 1/2 mercenary
>shoot mercenary with tactical semi-auto pistol

>CRIT!
>MAX DAMAGE CRIT!
>12 damage!

>CR 1/2 mercenary still standing with 1 HP

Why do semi-auto tactical pistols suck so much? Are they 9mm?

Yep. And she'll spend the whole game sucking dick, figuratively and literally.

>change the Envoy "Get Em" to +2 attack | +2 damage
>Envoy is now an essential party class

quick fix

It's not a soldier's gun.

Shit, at least my kasatha icon camwhore is going to be a soldier. Four-armed musclegirls for life, yo.

Who knows? We may see errata fairly soon.

Female Kasatha are practically indistinguishable from male Kasatha, her being a camwhore is silly.

Then why is it a TACTICAL semi-auto pistol?

(((Tactical)))

Look at the canon image, man. They got four tits. Four!

Q U A D B O O B S

THOSE ARE NOT QUAD BOOBS, AND EVEN IF THEY WERE THEY ARE NOT QUAD CANNONS. KASATHA BOOBS ARE TINY.

Is there any problems w/ allowing a player to use CHA other than WIS for Mystic?

It seems like a weak trade-off to me w/ WIS being a better stat?

Nothing a visit to a plastic surgeon couldn't fix, user.

FOUR TITS, MAN! You're a trip to the plastic surgeon from getting great gazongas!

user...

Maybe males have six.

Realistically, there's no problem with variant stats for the casters in Starfinder.

How is that not quadboobs?

My magical realm is realized

Why would they have four boobs? That's ridiculous! Especially after the whooplah about Kasatha being tough to discern as male or female!

Which Mystic, Starfinder Mystic or PoW Mystic?

Keeping Pathfinder and Starfinder in one thread is a shit idea desu.

>great gazongas
Man, I'd kill to have some honkin' habadozingas

Some regular old badonkin' badabingas

>Shape of your nose
>Broadness of your frame
>Skin tones

Now no one will ever know I'm.... secretly an attack helicopter.

Dead Suns 1 PDF, download before the link gets taken down.

mega.nz/#!cnxVHQpK!2tHhVXCabl5sgB5mEbKB5Wdu1VRDnA4GDTXHnPlHeMY

Can someone explain what the point of this Serum is when you determine a character's appearance on CharGen?

Is this really just there for people who want their envious small-chested girl get a bigger pair of knockers?

In those words....

yes.

Mebbe males have 4 boobs too?

Hang on I have to fix this

I don't WANT them to have quadboobs. Paizo is just stupid, and GAVE them quadboobs after saying they were hard to tell apart.

>It's hard to tell Kasatha genders apart!
>Even though this Kasatha has four breasts

That will do for now. Thanks, user.

>I don't WANT them to have quadboobs

youtu.be/yVFt0szaX_8

While that would have been alien and match fluff, it doesn't appear to be the case.

Why would you want four breasts? Two is plenty for a two-handed creature.

Man-boobs. Kasatha man-boobs.

>Sex change and appearance change serums in the core rulebook.

Holy Hell, they literally put magical realm shit in the main rulebook, the madmen!