/gc50/ Gen Con General

For all your non-general specific Gen Con news and discussion!

Has anyone seen the guy who buys and sells used 40k minis?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o5gz6zDahmE
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/
youtube.com/watch?v=20FQ3IY89As
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just got back after day 1, holy shit it is so much more packed than last year.

Is the Rathskeller any good for food after a long day at the con?

Is it really? I heard there were like 80,000 people this year.

Are there areas at GenCon where you can just play whatever game you like?

Yes, but it will be too crowded for you on any day except Sunday if you were foolish and didn't plan it before the con.

Yon hotel room, my friend.

Today was pretty good. My group went to the Kopper Kettle for dinner, now I'm gonna go pass out.

That's like really far away isn't it?

Are the midnight/early morning events worth going to if you want cheap parking?

Any news on this?

youtube.com/watch?v=o5gz6zDahmE

> Eldar and Orks are among playable races.
> One rule book with all rules then focused campaigns.
> First one for humans
>> Second one probably about Eldar.
> Release is planned about this time next year.
> After the core rules monthly releases for the game.

Depends on how cheap you can get.

Personally I'm hitting the IUPUI lot and walking. Its not that bad.

Yes, if you like German food that is.

Nu-Men Era Two!

Is there a demo of this game here?

So it'll be 4e all over again?

I just watched a demo of Kingdom death. One guy got his genitals mauled off and other had to make a choice between dodging with his hips or body.

What the fuck

Well I've got a shitty job at an apartment complex on the canal but I was thinking of just getting parking near the capitol at like 3 AM. I can't stay all Saturday because I'm working Sunday, but I can make up for lost time by doing midnight Artemis Bridge Simulator and Battletech Bootcamp.

What news?

FFG makes a move:
> fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Oh boy, more niche product!

Isn't the biggest market of their new owner Europe? Why are they wasting money on a USA specific product?

Meet-up you guys?

I'll be wearing the yellow wizard hat and raincoat in front of the coupon book stall. (I'm kidding, I'm not even there yet.)

Anybody figure out a meetup spot and time yet?

Im the fat bearded guy wearing glasses.

I'd like to, but what would we do?

at gencon?

D R I N K

Spend generics on the same games? Walk Artist's Alley? Group photo?

Yeah.

But alcohol is against my religion.

We'll figure out who keeps creating fetish threads

It was me, Dio!

>Never able to find Waldo
>Always finds dog and Odlaw
>decide to find Odlaw first.
>Find fucking Waldo.

Why cant I do anything right?

Let's meet in the games room by Catan tonight

I can't. I don't know how to play.

i want to fuck that nerd interviewer

We don't have to play that game. It's just a huge area by the opening

wtf

Had a ton of fun in my Harry Dresden costume today, see you all tomorrow.

Wearing 10 pounds of non-breathable oilcloth around for 8 hours suuuuucks.

Tonight around 10?

For meet up that is

XD How many of you fags picked up the rick and morty deck building game XD LEL !!!!!!1111!!!!!111 i so random.

>Park 2 miles away at free parking
>Walk down to the Con
>Take an Uber back for between $6 and $16
Is it worth it?

So apparently they're showing off Game of Thrones Catan at GenCon. Who wants to play?

Why would you wear oil cloth and not a trench coat?

Who's showing up and where?

Because dusters are made of oilcloth? And Dresden's, specifically, is made of oilcloth?

Right but you're wearing something uncomfortable and unsuited to the weather.

Well nobody was here so tomorrow in the playing room in the evening where these are.

What time works everyone?

God damn it. I got stuck drinking the thickest beer ever. 11am tomorrow??

I think it should be evening for more people to meet

I just made it to the sheeps

I can't make it in the evening, I watch an anime with friends for 6 hours before Toonami, and 3 hours after Toonami so I was thinking of leaving the convention around 5 PM.

But I do wish the First Annual Veeky Forums Anonymous Neckbeard Meetup success!

I was thinking 11am Cause its before official lunchtime and after official breakfast so the number crunching fuckers that I know and love/hate wont be distracted by a predetermined schedule

Do you watch Toonami too? Do you watch with the Veeky Forums general?

Does 11 am work for everyone else?

Aight. Well, I'LL be there at 11am and whatever other time people decide after that. If I'm unsure, I know what to do.

Yes.

Is that a ball pit?

youtube.com/watch?v=20FQ3IY89As

Okay 11 am at the sheep

Everyone is invited. Show and we'll chat for a bit and then you can do something that's not official meet up with or without the other people you chatted with.

What makes Legion a US specific product?
Star Wars is rather popular everywhere.

Sales numbers

It's more accurately dodging a hit that would damage the chest or waist locations. (the other locations being arms, legs, and head)

Anyone try Fallout Wasteland Warfare?

GW has established traditional wargaming in the EU. We here believe that true table top game has to have decent looking miniatures, loads of options and great IP. Star Wars is great IP but due to the lack of factions boring one from war waging perspective.

I can see FFG do interesting things with the Star Wars IP in a wargame, but I agree, you're going to have a bit of a dearth of factions unless they start getting really creative with what they consider a "faction".

The real question is what can be done - like Thraw for example - can thay put in Cis faction ? or cannot because of licensing (like it has to be done by D first)

Considering the level of freedom they have for pulling stuff out of the old EE for Armada and X-Wing, I imagine they're free to do whatever the hell they please. It's not as if any of this is going to be considered canon.

Anyone got good photos of Gencon stuff going on?

Star Wars is very, very popular in the USA. Outside of it, not so much. Even in Europe the only place where the movies are real blockbusters are the UK. Everywhere else, including China, it's just another sci-fi movie series that competes with more generic but popular works like Guardians of the Galaxy.

Does anyone know if they're still giving out maps of Harn at Booth 267?

At the Battletech panel.

So they tried making Battletech have simultaneous turns/battles in various ways, including having you plot paths and then decide after seeing those paths when you wanted to fire. They were really bad, apparently, and that led to the current system.

Why not just make Mechcommander 3?

Meet up at 11 am near the sheep. I'll be in a cap and a Goultard shirt

>Battletech is an ugly baby, and the new game is plastic surgery that makes it more accessible to modern audiences.

Paraphrasing Jordan Weisman.

New merch is coming down the line. Messenger bag with a military theme, and an Atlas jacket.

Battletech the game will start affecting canon via player results in the future. Also, battles won't be to the death as the game continues development.

Be there in a minute.

Where is this sheep?

Who cares. There's still more variety with those two than a WW2 game even with all the "factions" involved.

>tfw Cloud City faction

Well the Veeky Forums gencon meet up was a success. Much complaining and consternation was had about game companies and the industry. Until next time.

Congrats on the successful meet up. I was Aty the BT bout cap.

I'm at Ulisses NA seminar. Hoping to hear a tiny bit about 40k plans.

Hahahaha, 40k? What's that?

You know what you're getting? FADING SUNS!

> it is Game of Thrones in space.
>It is the Sixth Millennium, and a new dark age has fallen, for the very stars are dying out. Humanity reached the stars and built a great republic, but it has fallen. Forget the promise of science and technology.Forget the promise of the future. The suns are fading.

Wrath and Glory will feature a BRUTAL combat system and lots of playable races and sub races, like Space Marines, Eldar, Guardsmen, and Squats. Basically that book will be all the entire ruleset. Everything else will be "trilogies" of campaigns which will focus on settings, characters, and specific stories, like the Doom of the Eldar.

The line for the Mac and cheese truck is ridiculous.

I'm down for a meet up at 6:15.

I'll be in that alcove to the right of the big balloon dragon display in the main hall.

I'll be wearing a tan hat and have a bright green bag around my neck, may have ear buds in.

I'll wait until 7 if no one shows.

Details please

Check the 40k RPG general. Also need to start looking up FADING SUNS.

>FADING SUNS
Why's that?

I'm at the Indie Game Developer Network panel. Just curious about what it is and if I can get some freelance work through them.

Sorry, it wasn't supposed to be caps. But I'm curious about out because it sounds like it'd be The Age of Strife meets Dune.

>I can get some freelance work through them.
I scored some recently with a big name. I believe in you user, you can go the distance.

The auto translation to English is hilarious.

So much SJW. If you're bout the right race, you can't write about non-American mythologies or people.

I can try it

Okay, it was actually a pretty good panel.I might think about joining. It's $100/year, and it's like a discussion group of designers to bounce ideas off each other and help one another out and sell games at conventions.