I have a problem Veeky Forums

I have a problem Veeky Forums

as many of you know, it's fucking hot outside, and as a result, I can't prime my shit. I have to prime inside, but unfortunatley i live with people who can't handle a little bit of paint fume. How can i prime my shit without getting gritty basecoat? also, give me criticisms.

Bring the can closer to the model when spraying. But make sure you don't drown the model either since the can will be closer.

Airbrush (so you can prime with acrylics - less smelly) with a quiet compressor and a decent extractor.

I'm assuming the guy doesn't already have an airbrush.

I'd say, just make sure you shake the crap out of the can so it's not naturally gritty, any maybe spray at dusk/night/morning when it is not so hot? Spraying inside is generally not an awesome thing so that is understandable to me.

I live in austarlia and yeah, I prime at 4-5 am, though I obviously know not many peoples schedules can allow that.

Go in the garage?

> Use a Brush Primer and take for fucking ever to prime everything

Problem Solved

>try to go fast with the brush primer
>a little bit too much in between the lightning claws
>strand of primer dries between claw blades

use vallejo polyurethane primer and an airbrush

use coats of 99% air 1% paint

allow to cure overnight for a super smooth thin coat of primer

People need to let Vallejo primer die. It was good when it was all we had, but Stynylrez is better in every way except for when you want to put your models in a rock tumbler.

- Dries faster (15 minutes instead of 1 day)
- Cures way, way faster (1 day instead of 1 week)
- Can actually be sanded to a feather finish instead of peeling off like rubber skin
- STILL contains polyurethane despite all this, although probably less than Vallejo

Vallejo is both overkill in protection, can't be sanded, and takes way too long to properly cure and will easily scratch or peel before that.

>vallejo primer so thick it is peeling off
thin your paints

>Stynylrez
How the hell do you pronounce that?

>he's never sanded his airbrushed figures before

Guess how I can tell. Why is it always the morons too dumb to hit the shift key who give the worst advice and post the worst posts?

I just do it at night.

I have an air conditioned garage, if you can set something like that up I'd highly recommend it. Other than that priming at night/early in the morning is about all you can do.

Use Acrylic Gesso. So much faster than paint on primer, and it lasts for-fucking-ever

Depending on where OP lives, dawn and dusk can have prohibitively high humidity levels that might also fuck with proper priming.

>not thinning paints

Probably "Stynyl" like "Vinyl."

Buy a giant garbage bag and sit and prime in it. Strap a few candles to your chest and light them so you can see what you are doing.

Also, don't forget to thin your primer.

Jerry-build a booth of some kind (cardboard, large tupperware, whatever) and stick a furnace filter, a fan, and some dryer hose in the back to suck the fumes somewhere with less housemates in it

OP here, my sides are in orbit