ITT: Shit normies have said about your Veeky Forums hobbies

ITT: Shit normies have said about your Veeky Forums hobbies

>"You play Dungeons & Dragons user? Like the guys on Big Bang Theory?"

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well user?
Do you play it like the guys on Big Bang Theory?

There's usually not a laugh track for my D&D game, so no

>"aww look at your little army men! They're so cute."

My Dark Eldar were never so ashamed...

For whatever reason every normie i talk to thinks roleplaying means larping and ask if i run around in the forest.

Haven't had much issues with normies. i live in wyoming with the largest number of nerds per capita (god knows we don't have much else to do but drink). everyone is some form of nerd or douchebag, or some gradient in between.

That's because nobody laughs when you play with them

>For whatever reason
It's called pop culture, and it has existed since the beginning times

>be me in High School
>playing MtG with buddies at lunch
>school cop comes over to our table
>"Well well well, what do we have here?"
>Everyone at the table is silent, just not really sure what to say
>"You boys know gambling isn't allowed, right?"
>"No one's gambling ma'am. We're playing Magic."
>Live in bible belt
>Cop gives us this really narrow look
>Friend pushes some goblins forward and says "I attack"
>Cop just sits there watching for an incredibly uncomfortable minute while my other friend slowly assigns blockers in silence
>Cop just shrugs and walks away to go bust the black kids playing dominos for cash on the other side of the room in plain sight

Why weren't you playing Dominoes, you could have been making money while he was busting up the MtG nerds and been outta there before he noticed.

>"Well well well, what do we have here?"
Your school cop is Roscoe Coltrane from the Dukes of Hazzard?

>"You play Dungeons and Dragons? That's pretty cool."
Followed by me trying to gauge what my friend's gf's definition of "cool" was.

No, but in retrospect she might have fancied that she was.

Playing ANY card/board game. "Oh is that Yu-Gi-Oh?"

Yes yes it's totally Yu-Gi-Oh . Yu-Gi-Oh always involves miniatures and maps

All I've gotten really is "Is it fun; can I try?"

>not being the funny guy in your group

>Liking d&d enough that your normie friends know

That's where you messed up op, all my normie friends just think I'm addicted to this crazy drug called "GURPS"

I did have a friend in my campaign quit because he parents thought d&d was evil.

I'm not even in the Bible Belt. Part of the reason i switched to WHFRP and then gurps.

I always thought it was weird that they let him play WHFRP, especially considering that it is much worse than d&d

It's all in the name, man.

>school cop
Is that actually a thing in American schools? Jesus Christ just how bad are things over there you need to have "school cops"

They don't do anything user, it's just in case shit goes south which happens like never

It's pretty standard. My ghetto school would go months without any trouble, then 3 drug busts in a day. Usually, the school cop was just there in case a fight got out of hand.
Guy was pretty dweeby though.

>I went to Veeky Forums to learn about tg
>you have more autism and aids than //v/ and /co/ combined

Most high schools have a disciplinary officer whose job it is to wrangle kids trying to play hookie, start fights, and do other stupid shit.

Most schools have them. They're there to try and keep people under control with their presence, and occasionally stop fights and shit.

Standard uniform, but the one at my school never had a loaded gun, so I dunno what good she was supposed to do.

My friend refers to my miniature collecting as "playing with dolls".

That said, I refer to his knife collecting as "overcompensation" so I guess we're even until he decides to stab me.

Here in Australia we had school cops (at least at the schools I went to). It's mainly because people here hate the pigs and it's meant to be some kind of community outreach thing to make high schoolers more likely to speak to the police when they see illegal shit happening. Protip: they still don't.

>Is that actually a thing in American schools? Jesus Christ just how bad are things over there you need to have "school cops"

I'm from Canada and the public highschool I went to had a police officer as well, it isn't really that weird or uncommon- kids bring drugs or try to do stupid, illegal, shit at highschool all the fucking time.

If you want to hear about "how bad things are" you should wait 'till you hear about some of those mostly black, metal-detector, multiple-police-officer-having kind of American schools.

Ugh, my dad does the same thing. It was funny only once, and when he does it EVERY TIME it gets absolutely grating.

Also Australian, and I never experienced this. Where were you educated? I'm from Victoria, specifically Gippsland.

Queensland. The "School cops" weren't actually on patrol, they acted more like a Councillor or a chaplain where they'd sit in an office all day and you could go and talk to them if you were a massive pussy.

>Councillor

counselor*

>Queensland
Oh fuck mate I am so sorry for you
>weren't actually on patrol
Well that explains why I never saw any, if indeed there were any here. I didn't go in staff areas and I didn't bother learning about them, I just kept to myself.

I live in one of the bigger cities in the southern US (roughly about 9 schools within a 10 mile radius) and we have none of these school cops, but you can also probably guess why.

Metal detectors were originally there because of white kids. Columbine and all that.

Man there used to be truancy officers who would hunt kids down and drag them back to school and or home. Shits been around forever.

Why would I ever be talking about my hobbies with normies?

In soviet Finland, for the longest time teachers were enough.
Nowadays they just call actual cops if something goes south.

>be Ausfag
>Ordered a hive tyrant off ebay couple months back
>bargain price
>package delayed for what seems like an eternity
>finally arrives like 2 weeks later then expected.
>it got opened at customs because of shredded paper in the box
>"your package was opened for inspection nothing suspicious found"
>giant customs sticker on the front labelling its contents
>"Just Toy Soldiers"
>mfw

I guess them calling your government a nanny state is true, huh?

>Yu-Gi-Oh always involves miniatures and maps
It does when it's Dungeon Dice Monsters.

>omg the big bad gubment doesn't want bombs in the mail what a 'nanny state' right guis?

I felt the same user when I had to call my bank for a lost credit card and they went over my last purchases to confirm I made them. Apparently The War Store is listed in their system a a toy shop.

>rural australian teenager
>no gw nearby, but a friends dad had his circle of players and gave me the basics of playing and painting
>save up for a few months at 15
>drop 200 on an awfully painted army of space wolves
>~800 RRP, seven years ago
>family rips on me for being too old to play with toys
>strip them, paint them up decently this time and sell for 500
>much less smug family
>repeat on various spess muhreen armies and some ogres
>family treat me like an artist rather than a manchild, cringe whenever they talk about it anyway
>still a manchild up until i got an actual job on the other side of the country at 20
>dream of a return to those days where i just played vidya and drank and painted for fun
they said real life would be empowering and fun. they lied. i have more money but no time and no fun

Kek

I dunno man, some kids can be very dangerous. I remember there was a school cum dumpster being whored out by a 14 year old with a gun, a bunch of 16 year old "gangstas" pointing pistols at a janitor and a teacher, and a nigger who just punched anyone older than 30. Jesus, it was like some anime about a school full of gangsters.

would watch t.b.h.

>he doesn't laugh with the guys and bard

Come on

R-r-really?

First off,
>people live in Wyoming
Are you sure?

Second, nerds? Not fundies? I assumed it was mostly fundies.

Now I suddenly want to live innawoods in Wyoming. It suits both my /k/ and Veeky Forums instincts.

Only unnerving thing is living on top of the super-volcano.

>Only unnerving thing is living on top of the super-volcano.
Thats the fun bit though

>playing Magic on plane
>flight attendant gets to me
>not being offensive, just friendly, asks "hey, are those like Dungeons and Dragons?"
>sperg out
>"kinda but don't play poker with these things, I once got a full house and the other guy died"
>mfw remembering this

Reach 60's and then do whatever the fuck you want as you got the ticket pass of an old guy.

Is it true you guys play butt darts over there?

Been playing d&d for 10 years but to this day every time i head out to my friend's house for the weekly meet, my mom asks "you going to play cards?"

I stopped trying to correct her after about 3 years.

"So it's like Skyrim multiplayer?" - my relatively normie friend on TTRPGs

As awful as it might be, I sometimes wonder what it would be like to play with someone like that. To see how they handle a TTRPG and try to grasp it with their normie minds.

>not having a button you can press to play a laugh track whenever someone says something funny
What are you even doing?

My school got one after a pedo showed up and tried to rape some students.

Jesus. America sounds Cyberpunk tier more and more everyday.

We had a series of conferences discussing "weapons distribution" after we tore out the rubber bands from a few windows and whipped some girls and some smaller kids.

I guess thats one of the benefits of a 3 tier school system. I have no idea if the 2 bottom tiers are as bad as Murica.

He just don't want ya spendin' all ya time playing them vidya games. Go outside and play boy.
Fire up de old grill

>>kinda but don't play poker with these things, I once got a full house and the other guy died

Well. ... They ARE toy soldiers . They are soldiers that you play with.

"Kinda. But it's offline and you can do a lot more. Like instead of getting attacked by bandits on sight you can talk to them and get them to give up there ways and join you in saving the world. "

We have what are called May sweepers - gangbangers trying to sneak into/around schools close to summer to lure highschool seniors into joining up. Here in Kentucky we have the misfortune of both MI6 and the GD coming in from multiple neighboring states with vans and everything to do it. I remember our resident officer arresting two of them for drug possession after they slipped in between classes.

You know, for a second there I read MI6 as the Secret Intelligence Service, because Brit. Not quite Bond's style, honestly, and slightly below his paygrade.

My school was about 70% massive nerds anyway, because grammar school in the middle of Devon, so it was pretty standard for the common room to have a few tables playing magic or D&D or painting up 40k in the art block. None of us were much good at roleplaying, but it was fun. Headteacher was massively into sci-fi, too, kept buying the library Asimov and Larry Niven books. Man, things was considerably more comfy when I didn't have an actual life to worry about.

It makes her feel like her son is normal, user. Don't try and take it from her.

>He doesn't have school security guards to be bros with.
>He doesn't have a school cop to be friends with.
Your school sucked ass man. Security guards and cops are the coolest guys. Sometimes they can be dicks, but they were cool and mostly broke up fights or do drug busts.

You can't generalize the US as each school and education is different state by state. The baddest thing done at my HS was students smoked weed or got into a fight and we were a shitty/poor school in the country.

Inner-city schools in the US are cancer though, especially if they are from places like Texas, Florida, New York, Virginia, or California the most well known states/coastal ones.

>being such a beta cuck that you roll over and spread your asshole open for the nannystate
lol

>each school and education is different state by state
More than that, it can be different not just county by county, but even city by city.

Why would you play Nids, if you are a ausfag? You have creatures that are far more worse at home.

kek

Where the hell do you live, Sydeny?

Sidenote: Can we just demolish everything in Sydeny that isn't a famous landmark?
That city is a shithole full of shitters.

>Coworker says he's into boardgames.
>When asked, I bring up Battletech.
>In laymans' terms, giant war robots people drive like tanks.
>He still doesn't get it.
>Bring one book as an example.
>"Oh! Like Transformers! Just call them transformers."

>Everything is transformers now
>Whenever he talks about anything, from his boyfriends colonoscopy to his dog dying, you say "Oh, so Transformers. Just call them Transformers."

Never had one but it was still a pretty shitty school. Some kid got stabbed with an ice pick once. Guess they never bothered getting us a school cop cause they didn't mind if all the niggers killed each other.

>Not being the furry guy in your group

Melbournian with Queensland and Brissie friends - as bad as it sounds, the higher the abbo population, the more likely you'd have school cops.

>Not having several furry gays in your group

Going to a tech school and only having nerd friends desensitized me to how bad normies are
>explain to a 40 year old that is was gonna play a superhero rpg when he asked what I was doing this weekend.
>He just stopped talking and we waited for the elevator to stop in silence
>tell my coworker I was going to a Caravan Palace concert this weekend, and decided electro-swing would be too difficult a concept to explain to him so I just called it techno
>he immediately asks if I was going to "drop Molly
>tell my dad I started playing dnd
>he tells me about how when he was in college the dnd nerds all followed the dm and called him dungeon master in public even when they weren't playing
>i tell him that sounds fucking weird and drop the subject

America is a failed penal colony, what did you expect?

Seriously, when you send all of your criminals and paddies overseas, and just casually toss in some niggers for profit, this is what you get.

>normies

Do you actually play roleplaying games?

heh

>Caravan Palace
They were just here a ~month ago. That had to be the strangest crowd I've ever seen. Everything from scene to morbidly obese to furry. Then you had all the late 30s sitting off to the side just staring with disappointment.

Their opener was just bizarre. Some shirtless guy wearing a sunflower mask, a girl(?) dressed as a ladybug, some fat chick in black, and a DJ that looked like Pitbull.

I like their music, but that night was a waste of money.

>"Oh, you know how to play? Can you teach us?"

It's pretty much how I make friends. I've never gotten a negative reaction, only neutral or positive.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

They're all robots, user.

Robots IN DISGUISE

>Battletech
>More than meets the eye

This is what I get too.

Whenever I hear Veeky Forums talk about "normies" and shit it reminds me of the /v/ermin and /a/ssholes that have infested the place and don't actually play tabletop games.

That's absurd, saw them at House of Blues in Boston and the opener was some literally-who single artist and she seemed baffled that she was opening for a real band on a real stage. The audience was 90% teenagers which made me feel like the old guy who goes to concerts.

The opening was disappointing, and the scene just fucking weird, but the music was good. Zoe did try a bit too hard to insert sexual undertones, which just added to the cringe with that crowd.

that's Australia

Have you tried not playing DnD?

Sure they exist but you never fucking see them. Ive probably only ever seen like maybe 10 wild snakes ever and the most common poisonous thing you really see are red back spiders which are little bitches anyway

Yeah except we didnt get the blacks thrown in we, we threw them out

They are ADULT toy soldiers!

Well, with a DE collection, at least you can stab him back

Great post. Nutritional.

I've got two furries in mine and there a couple, it's a guy and a girl though

Australia came after the America colonies failed because the criminal sub-human to English ratio went off the deep end.

Not on topic but related:

(Sometimes I think I'm the normie)

Backstory: Always been awfully good at hiding my power levels because I'm not a sperg-lord and have social SA. I'm also a mil-fag.

>Be in high school in upstate NY backwoods hick-town.
>Notice some kids card flopping.
>One is playing a dark ritual on the table and tapping it for mana.
>Tell him he can't do that it's a sorcery once it's cast it resolves and goes to graveyard.
>Tells me it says mana source so he can.
>Explain to him how rules get updated and cards get errata'd
>Kid spergs out - repeats the word Mana Source over and over in an attempt to drown me out while his playmates flap their jowls in agreement while spouting out "house rules"
>Fuckthisshit.jpg
Needless to say I avoided them like the fucking plague.

>Be stationed in UK.
>At base theater to catch opening weekend of 3rd LotR movie.
>Delay in start because of brief presentation from group of LARPers.
>Did a quick demonstration of how they play with foam bats while alluding to the idea that if we like those kind of movies how we would enjoy wasting our free time being fully immersed in that world. (They meet up on Sundays at the park next to the Taco Bell)
>Theater is packed/dead silent with the exception of myself and my friends whose sides are orbiting the planet. Everyone else seemed to be in a state of shock.

>Hanging out at friends place watching UFC or NFL don't really remember, eating pizza drinking beer.
>Conversation turns to nerdy topic (possibly due to WoW commercial)
>Admit to playing D&D
>What, user? You mean you and your buddies wear armor and swords and shit and talk about your level 7 wizard named Gandalf shooting lightning bolts from his staff.
>*inches from his face* He's a sorcerer and he didn't kill all those children in their sleep to be lumped in with a group of babbies first spellbookers...hes level 16.
>Awkward silence.
(Found out shortly after he plays fantasy football/baseball - gave him so much shit)

They're