What are the proposed solutions for reducing absurd BTC fees?

$20-$35 fees are killing it.

Other urls found in this thread:

jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h
b2x-segwit.io/?utm_source=themerkle
reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/
segwit.party/charts/#
twitter.com/starkness/status/676599570898419712
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>$20-$35 fees are killing it.

yes, and this is a good thing.

increasing the block size ironically. it should happen in a day or two i'm not following segwitx2 closely.

Bitcoin cash

Why the fuck are you paying those kind of fees? 150 sat/byte will get your tx cleared just fine right now.

jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h

High fees are just an idiot tax on those who don't know how bitcoin works.

Anything over $1 is ridiculous

Bitcoin is not a payment system. It's a store of value. Anything involving transactions is irrelevant.

Exactly, if nobody paid high fees then there wouldn't be any

If every transaction was segwit fees would be near zero. Bitch to your wallet devs to implement segwit.

>"killing it"
>people still pay
>price goes even higher
>poorfags being dead weight drop off to shitcoin market where they belong
You do realize poorfags are essentially evolutionary dead-ends and this outcome was inevitable from beginning?

Segwit?
Hahahaha

What happened with that? As far as I knew the majority of the Bitcoin community wanted Segwit several months back, then all of a sudden it just gets cancelled and no one seemed to mention it again... What was all that about?

>Bitcoin is not a payment system.
saying that is like digging up and fucking a corpse.
it's just not normal you can't ignore it was a human being at one point.

Bitcoin Cash

But didn't Satoshi specifically say he wanted it to work like cash?

it gets worse... a lot worse. they are now stealing bitcoins from the satoshi accounts.

Then go use another crypto.

LMAO just repeat it enough times and it'll become true right
>oh shit btc isnt good for its primary function anymore
>just change the definition of what it's for np
I just know you faggots got the same talking points from retarded youtubers and r/bitcoin

>products key feature are electronic peer to peer transactions
>doing transactions is not it's intended purpose

Corecucks everybody.

of course it's a payment system that should act like digital cash. that's the only thing giving it any value. you couldn't even use it as a "store of value" if you couldn't transact it rofl.

So you'd be happy to see Bitcoin fail?

What the fuck are you talking about? Segwit was implemented but many of the services built on top of bitcoin (exchanges, wallets, etc) have yet to implement segwit due initially to all the bullshit around the 2x fork and now just due to laziness and inertia.

It's not going to fail because a couple of angry anons think 1-5 dollar fees are too much.

Yes go read the white paper. It's in the subtitle of the goddamn paper "peer to peer electronic cash system".

I think it's about scale, normies look at bitcoin and it's 14k so the $25 fee isn't much because they aren't making many micro transactions. They are paying like 3 fees a year and trading 30k at a time and saving it for later.

Traders don't care, they know this.

We at Veeky Forums make it a big deal because we do a lot of alt trading.

It's all about scale.

I'm talking about the Segwit 2x fork being cancelled.
It's not just a couple of angry anons though is it? It's anyone with a brain who can see BTC fees are absurd.

Trade BCH instead. Instant solution.

It's not 1-5 dollars, it's 40-68. I want to buy some shrooms off the darknet but can't because the buyer refuses

>12-20 holy shit. getting back $110 out of $178 order??? fucking $$68 in fees on ONE order??
i am pulling most listings til after christmas...this is crazy. ill repost everything on Dec
27-28th.
>12-15 hey everyone, im really trying to figure out ways of bundling items to avoid withdrawal fees on each item. there is a $25 add on item on ever listing in the shipping options, for either 1 jar of mushrooms honey, 1 gram of Malani-style charas, or 1.2grams of bubblehash

damn right it's absurd

THIS WAS NOT SATOSHI'S VISION, I JUST WANT MY SHROOMS

Why not use a shitcoin like litecoin or even bcash? Until lightning network comes out I'm using VISA for purchases and get some cash back points. Only thing I use BTC transactions for is moving between wallets or exchanges for trading. My last transaction cost $6 and took an hour. That was like two weeks ago.

>$31 coffee

I want to use crypto currencies, not just speculate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't many DMN already accepting BCH?

where to buy shrooms tamodachi?

No one cares about 2x and even if it does come to fruition it'll just be another tradeable shitcoin like bcash. BTC fees only get absurd for short periods of time when normies are either all heading for the exits or malicious actors are intentionally spamming the mempool. 150 sat/byte corresponds to roughly 5 dollars to send thousands of dollars worth of BTC inside 1 hour. In no universe is that "absurd", and the fees will only decline further as more institutions adopt segwit.

In what fucking universe is it 40-68 dollars right now? If fees get that high, then just put your degenerate drug transaction on hold for a day or two until shit clears up, or go use another crypto.

>satoshis vision

*teleports behind you*

Hardfork upgrade. Already happened.

Pic related.

>No one cares about 2x
But the fork has obviously split opinions which is preventing a solution. Even though Segwitx2 been cancelled for now some platforms built on top of BTC clearly still aren't satisfied with Segwit as it is.

Segshit is already implemented on numerous services like Shapeshift, go see their twitter page you shill faggot - its full of dumbarses asking for segshit to be implemented to reduce fees, it fucking already is.

>It's not going to fail because a couple of angry anons think 1-5 dollar fees are too much.

The entirety of South America, poor Asian countries such as Phillipines and NigAfrica are switching to Bitcoin Cash due to extemely high fees - which are currently higher than many of whom make in a month.

But you don't care about that because you're part of Adam Back's paid pajeet shill team.

Sending transactions isn't spam and fees >$1 are unacceptable no matter the amount.

Ark

btc is dead

Most normies just speculate though, bitcoin's devs just want to silently milk bitcoin through fees since it's the most "popular coin" people won't talk about fees for another few years.

the segwit fork is happening on the 28th, and bitcoin in going to moon just before then, I'd suggest transfering into bitcoin soon because it's only going to go up. b2x-segwit.io/?utm_source=themerkle

And many numerous more services have yet to enable Segwit which is holding back fee reduction. Bitcoin cash has no future.

Unacceptable to you, perhaps. Luckily there are plenty of cryptos out there you can switch to to satisfy your autistic desire for uber cheap transactions.

The Lightning Network is already out on mainnet, it should be functioning within the next year.

Fact is. BCH is accepted as a means of transferring your wealth from one platform to another. They all accept it as a method of payment. Its recognized as the official Bitcoin now. New exchanges are picking it over core.

Get out of Core while you still can.

Yeah and it won't do shit
They're gonna steal satoshi's coins and redistribute them.
Only satoshi's coins were out of the market and therefore redistributing them will literally do nothing for the value of your portfolio.
It's like a kid thinking "why don't we just give everyone more money"

Don't be fucking coy with me kike, all the companies that bothered to support segshit have activated it - which resulted in no reduction in fees whatsofuckingever.

Bitcoin Cash is the only bitcoin and it's future is very bright.

CGMC only accepts BTC, and it's currently the safest market out there. It's invite-only, and only REPUTABLE dealers who've sold for at least 2 years are there. Also, only weed and shrooms are sold there.

I can't do that officer. This is the one and only time you might unironically ever use reddit.

reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/

i'm not saying it doesn't make certain sense but it's distasteful as fuck.

>Hello Mr. Anonymous. We at the IRS have noticed you did not claim taxes on your cryptocurrency profits you made for the fiscal year of 2017. We have notified you bank and all your lightning networks have been frozen.

segwit.party/charts/#

Wow, 14% adoption since implementation. Yeah, we totally don't have a ways to go you fucking idiot. Fees will come down, and you can go play in the shitcoin mud with the rest of the retards but don't come back crying to us when you get burned.

>Luckily there are plenty of cryptos out there you can switch to

Agreed, check that dominance figure friendo. The ship is sinking. Stay on at your own peril. Economics dictate BTC is dead long term, while alts have very promising futures.

eth

segwit has about 15% adoption rate, hence the high fees still. bcash literally pays shills. if you are referring to adam back's tweet, he claimed that he was just saying combating the bcash trolls is a full time job, which i agree with. bcash faggots are relentless and full of misinfo and repeated propaganda by ver.

on chain scaling won't work long term and bloats the blockchain until then. you can either use a shitcoin with a small network so no fees, or use something like lightning which is only in testnet stages. like i said, i'm using VISA for now. i don't really need a censorship resistant decentralized immutable copy of my coffee transaction. this is like the early days of the internet. yeah you can technically stream video but i'd just rent the VHS/DVD until shit gets better.

Lightning Network will be available in 6 months tops

Dominance is a meaningless stat considering new flavor-of-the-month shitcoins are launched every day contributing to the aggregate mcap of crypto.

Bitcoin still is and always will be the largest individual slice of the pie though. I don't care if the aggregate size of the pie continues to grow.

If that was the case then bitcoin is 100% working along the greater fool fallacy if it's something that literally can't do anything.

18 months*

You're completely wrong about on chain scaling. To scale to Visa would require 8TB a year or 300MB blocks. If you think that is cost prohibitive for miners and merchants, you're insane.

sure sure but it's worthless in itself. it needs an entire ecosystem with apps and tools and fair business models to be real useful. so maybe in 2 years it's gonna have some effect.

Tiny cap shit coins even in aggregate don't explain the dominance figures. BCH, ETH, and others do.

Depends on how much you're pulling in.

I bought the 12,000 floor and made a nice $5k, the "fees" felt more like a tip.

nothing's killing it.

people are transacting on other chains like ethereum (dont buy into the litecoin/bcash shilling, nobody is using it for anything, transaction volumes are a joke for both of those shitcoins combined).

the simple truth is even if bitcoin never gets lightning, it's never getting replaced by some pointless bitcoin clone, big money will always continue to use bitcoin as long as it doesn't have a serious vulnerability (and if it does, all the bitcoin clones go down with it).

the only successors to bitcoin must be completely unique blockchains on a completely new codebase. anything else is a weak imitation institutional money is very much aware of.

> Closes channel and settles balance on the blockchain.

Do not FUD. It'll be out in 6, dev said so
twitter.com/starkness/status/676599570898419712

Yeah but at least it will shut up all the comments about how BTC is unusable because of the fees.

>Bitcoin was at the bottom of dip, from the peak you just bought.

This is what the lightning network is going to being you all. Banker control over your blockchain.

What are you talking about? Do you have any idea how LN works?

Simple psychology dictates that Bitcoin Cash will always be seen as the imposter. Think of the Wii and the Wii U. It failed because it sounds like an add-on.

With Bcash It's worse because it shares a name with its larger and more well known competitor.

he clearly doesn't

They did pick a bad name for it. Should have just called it BItcoin and let core go fuck its self.

We have at least a decade, perhaps even several decades before crypto is "controlled" by banks.

Right now it simply costs too much to regulate, There's too small a return on investment for banks.

It's true this will always be a factor somewhat. I can't really think of any other comparable examples where it's happened though. I mean there was the XFL but that failed because it sucked if I'm not mistaken. Whereas BCH actually is a better functioning product than BTC.

What app is that?

On a technical basis and use case Bcore is the imposter. Segwit, high fees, slow transactions, private interests dictate development in a centralized manner, LN banker control, etc.

Bitcoin Cash is Bitcoin. If you don't understand this, I welcome you and all the other nu-coiners to read the fucking whitepaper.

not sure about that. wider adoption with ln still gonna keep the fees up will still be inconvenient as fuck to transact bitcoin and still gonna cost a lot to create channels on the blockchain.

only thing ln changes it makes bitcoin more scaleable because it is fucked as shit right now and by all projections it's unsustainable long term with wide adoption.

so it's pretty retarded to resist block size increase unless you are a miner and want some extra profit right now and don't give a shit about the future.

Not even that long. They are already in place to take over. Who do you think has been buying tethers and pumping the shit out of it? They will be the ones running the masternodes, they will be the gatekeepers again.

Unironically Bitcoin Cash. If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.

>On a technical basis and use case Bcore is the imposter. Segwit, high fees, slow transactions, private interests dictate development in a centralized manner, LN banker control, etc.
True

Lightning. But it still has scaling issues.

funniest shit is core crew will increase the block size too but only to 2mb not 8... big fuss over nothing if you ask me.

no it's not necessarily true. ln could be a lot less centralized than people imagine it right now. it could be a form of bitcoin lending that actually makes sense a lot of people running nodes with spare bitcoin they can tie up in channels with very little risk and small interest.

neither of them are. bcash has a terrible development team, broke the most important core principle of proof of work (difficulty) and is moving forward to sacrifice decentralization for micropayments.

bitcoin proper added segwit (which wasnt fully necessary for second layer solutions, any fix for malleability would work) and the miners stalled so long that it spawned bcash from it.

none of them match the whitepaper, but it's obvious satoshi wouldn't side with the hostile fork coin that had to break proof of work just so it wouldn't die.

if he was still around, he would have been able to push out a much simpler hardfork for malleability much earlier, and would have avoided this whole problem. but don't get fooled into thinking he was an idiot and thought you could just keep blowing up the blocksize for ever.

Wow only 14% of users have moved their expensive shitcoin because the fees cost more than the corecin in the addresses. Who'd have fucking thought.

If Bitcoin is slower, more costly and less reliable to use than Western Union, then it's no longer viable as a currency and has no reason to exist. It's as good as digital beanie babies at this point.

Go on now cuckstream faggot

It's a GUI for a non-functioning LN, so essentially he's baiting you by pretending that something is actually happening in that video beyond some button clicks, I can make the same retarded shit in 5 minutes with javascript.

Lightning will remove that. It'll have about 10k tx/s with just the first release of lightning (visa does about 4k for comparison)

fearful corecuck detected, can't even call Bitcoin cash Bitcoin Cash out of fear because he sold his Bitcoin Cash for next to nothing after the fork because his kike overlords told him too. Either that or he is a paid pajeet, I'm guessing it's the latter TBQH.

bcashiers at it again.

with this kind of thinking youre just going to get left behind. you have to evolve with the market, it's needs and it's expectations.

the simple fact is the infrastructure isn't here today for bitcoin to be accepted as a form of payment for those services, and even if it had 1GB blocks it would be the same. you delusionalists are all wrapped up in this imaginary battle for what bitcoin should be, that you fail to see that the market itself has already decided what bitcoin IS.

no amount of crying on the internet is going to change the fact that money coming into bitcoin today has no delusions about the quality of the network right now, and are simply buying tickets for the future. if bcash was ever going to stand a chance of replacing bitcoin, litecoin would have already done so, but nobody apart from litecoin evangelists would be stupid enough to think that was ever going to happen.

>store of value
do u even know what that means? bitcoin is so unprofitable and volitle its the polar opposite

>fearful
lol, this bcash pumping is only good for me, because the higher it goes, the lower the combined cap of bitcoin + bcash is going to be, and most of my money right now is in ethereum.

i have no delusions about the current state of the network, but i also have no delusions about some worse clone of bitcoin ever taking it's place.

All of which are still considerably smaller than BTC.

Thats not what that means in the slightest, but whatever makes you feel better I suppose. The infrastructure will slowly shift to Segwit and all this muh fees bullshit will subside.

Good thing Bitcoin is neither slower, more costly, or less reliable than WU, then. Not even close.

you really don't understand this market do you? instead of being some tribal nigger fighting for your little hut look at the bigger picture

>$20-$35 fees are killing it.

No it doesn't. Besides from a few autists on Veeky Forums the great silent majority are fine with it. Just like they are fine with paying high fees to ship cargo.

Why should some chinkcoin fork backed primarily by convicted felon Roger Ver and asicboost-exploiting chink extrordinaire Jihan Wu be given any semblance of legitimacy?

Have you checked the github? Is anyone actually working on this thing?

the funniest shit that by definition only things that are transactable can store value. so the value is literally tied to the transactibility. and bitcoin is supposed to take over fiat by removing the trust from the equation. so not only it has to be transactable but it has to be transactable directly without any legal framework.

but the retarded cucks don't comprehend this.

Where does this 10k limit come from? As I understand it LN allows infinite transactions without relying on future advances in hardware. You can open direct channels with no fees and do as many transactions as you like in that channel. It's supposed to be streaming money with nanotransactions not just microtransactions.

the real cognitive dissonance is the delusion that "tech" is actually the deciding factor, and based on that assumption, that a clone of bitcoin of all things, is the answer.

if technology is all it's going to take to "replace" bitcoin, it would have happened long ago, but it's a fucking joke to think that of all the coins to replace bitcoin, the one with one of the shadiest, most non-tech/political backgrounds, and with what amounts to the most insignificant technical change, is going to be the one to do it.

use your little brains, if bitcoin is going to die, why in the world would everybody move to the exact same coin that still has a chinese centralization problem, still has a broken proof of work, still has fundamental scaling issues, and still has the oldest codebase of all, with nearly 10 years of legacy cruft that is nigh-impossible to remove going forward.

The thing is there is the decrementing timelock. So once you exhaust the timelock, you have to close & reopen the channel.

What you're talking about is s2x. That will be a split chain not endorsed by core segwit already happened and core encourages everyone to upgrade their wallets