Shuffle

What is your technique to shuffle your deck?
do it wrong and all your cards will stick to each other at the button.

What is a fast and effective technique?

The way I do it is, make 6 little piles, and then shuffle them.

doing the Yugi style seem really bad

Mana weave followed by riffle shuffles. It's not cheating since I'm sufficiently randomizing it.

>Deal 5 piles
>Riffle shuffle each
>Side shuffle 1st and 3rd together, riffle shuffle
>Side shuffle 2nd and 4th together, riffle shuffle
>Split 5th into two and side shuffle one half into each of the larger piles, riffle shuffle each
>Side shuffle two piles together, then riffle shuffle three times

It's autistic but I like the methodicalness of it.

Mash around 9 times with intermittent small cuts. Fast enough and very effective. I'll do piles if I just made the deck. Pile shuffling should always have a prime number of piles.
Mana weaving is cheating if your riffles aren't enough to randomize. And if the riffles are sufficient, you're just wasting time with the weaving.

Then why mana weave?

Alternate top and bottom pulls, followed by an overhand, repeat both once, then three blind interlaces followed by a face-down table riffle. Specifically chosen to break up runs and clumps without looking at any cards at all.

That guy isn't even shuffling...

I ruffle once or twice and had it to my opponent. they usually think I'm cheating due to the lack of shuffling and then they do it for me..

I know this is bait but if it has no effect then there's no reason to do it. The only reason somebody would take the time to mana weave is if they're insufficiently shuffling and therefore cheating.
>inb4 it's just a ritual/habit

Thats usually how they suffle in the show....
It doesnt work in real life, all your lands get stuck with each other.

God damn it did it have to be on the first fucking post. Take your (you) you motherfucker

No, it doesn't work because its not sufficiently random. If you randomly cut a deck of 52 cards, placing the top pile under the bottom pile, you'd have to repeat that process like a thousand times, literally, to obtain sufficient randomness. Or you could riffle shuffle seven times.

Have to riffle, it's satisfying. First card game I played as a kid, practiced until I could shuffle just right.

Kek

Riffle shuffle about six to seven times, pile shuffle ones to make sure all my cards are there, followed by another four or five riffles.

Riffle shuffle is the fastest and most efficient way to randomize a deck of cards. About eight times for a sixty card deck.
As you riffle, your cards should spread out unless you're some kind of god and you split the deck the exact same way each time.
Mash shuffle is also good, not as good as riffle but better than every other technique. The one in the OP is called strip shuffling, it's not very random at all due to how many cards you grab with each pull. This assumes you're playing a trading card game. If you're using pokey playing cards, riffle is the best bar none.
If you're playing a trading card game and using sleeves, a mix of riffle and mash will do you just fine.

Not the guy you were replying to, but I do it because I'm not confident in my shuffling abilities. Weaving reassures me I won't be screwed, regardless of how shit I am at shuffling.

Hold cards in hand.
Separate a middle section.
Hold that section in other hand.
Put section above and let how every many cards slip as will slip.
Put section below and let how every many cards slip as will slip.
Repeat until out of cards in the section.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

So you admit it's cheating then? You're stacking the deck before shuffling in hopes of getting an advantageous result.

I shuffle more than enough, and well enough, so I absolutely wouldn't call it cheating. Like I said it's just for self-assurance, not stacking to cheat.

There is literally zero reason to mana weave if you are sufficiently randomizing the deck afterwards, period.

I shuffle more than enough, and well enough, so I absolutely wouldn't call it cheating. Like I said it's just for self-assurance, not stacking to cheat.

>2012
>not shuffling your opponent's deck.

Also if you don't shuffle like a civilized human, then you're a degenerate. Only way to shuffle:

Stop feeding the fucking troll you goddamn idiot.

my method is kinda like mana weaving, but it's all facedown after I've seperated the lands and spells, and even then, I do a couple riffle shuffles for good measure. is that cheating? I've only had one guy throw a fit about it, but I think he kinda took mtg too seriously anyway. what are your thoughts?

You should probably just riffle shuffle.

>I do a couple riffle shuffles for good measure. is that cheating?
Yes. It takes roughly 7 riffle shuffles to properly randomize a deck that's been stacked.
>a couple
isn't sufficiently random if you're weaving. Don't weave.

See

>Offer the opponent to shuffle my deck
>He does a six pile shuffle
>Followed by a normal shuffle
>Followed by a cut
Don't be a faggot at the table.

You're doing God's work, user.And on the first post. Well done

If I'm playing Magic or Yugioh, I do several mashes followed by something that looks similar to that webm, but by placing cards on the top, bottom, and middle intermittently and only after I've mashed at least 6-7 times. If I'm playing regular cards, I mash a couple times and riffle, mash again, and riffle.