Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Extra Loyal Edition

Old Thread: >Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning new planet. But for how long?
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

www116.zippyshare.com/v/TyoHWJnD/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for the Emperor's Custodians.

Custarts you say?

Not going to sleep is hereby heretical. All must sleep.

The Imperium will feel the wrath of the Lord of Iron.

And we have a winner.
Never forget

So how do we make SoS and SoB better without needing new models

And you will go to sleep you bitter man.

Fancy Power Maul there.
Pretty pathetic next to my Mighty. Imperial. THUNDER HAMMER

If you were to start a brand new army from scratch what would it be?

Sisters of Battle Riding Black Templars
Failing that Black Templars with SoB used as count as Neophytes.

Eye of Medusa was a pretty fucking cool book
is there anything that continues the storyline and has that faggot Kristos getting BTFO?

Genestealer Cults, Im going to make it into a more aggressive Guard, just neophytes, russes and sentinels and later on if GW updates Lictors then I'll add them.

Black Legion epub:
www116.zippyshare.com/v/TyoHWJnD/file.html

Tempestor Prime [2 PL, 40pts]: Tempestus Command Rod

Tempestor Prime [2 PL, 40pts]: Tempestus Command Rod

Militarum Tempestus Scions [6 PL, 137pts]
4x Scion: 4x Hot-shot Lasgun
4x Scion w/ Special Weapon: Hot-shot Volley Gun
Scion w/ Vox-caster: Hot-shot Laspistol, Vox-caster
Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [3 PL, 64pts]
4x Tempestus Scion: Plasma gun

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [3 PL, 64pts]
4x Tempestus Scion: Plasma gun

Vulture Gunship [11 PL, 162pts]
Vulture Gunship: Heavy bolter, Twin Punisher Gatling Cannons

Taurox Prime [6 PL, 100pts]: Heavy Stubber, Taurox Gatling Cannon, Two Hot-shot Volley Guns

Taurox Prime [6 PL, 100pts]: Heavy Stubber, Taurox Gatling Cannon, Two Hot-shot Volley Guns

how is this 1k list? I know I need half of it on the table during deployment, but does it count if they're embarked in a transport? like in this case can I hold back both tempestors and command squads and one unit of scions if I start the game with the other two units of scions embarked on the tauroxs and the vulture on the table?

>it's that time of night

time for loody-K

The army I'm currently playing. I've botched a lot of things, and I would have built some things and left others alone.

not him, but oh fuck that's a good idea

I'm building a BT army and I want to play Sisters as well. I already have Celestine and the Geminae, and I'm putting together some third party models like pic related. I figure I'll build them as Retributors with heavy flamers. I have a better source of heads, but I need so better shoulderpads than what's in the picture.

Thiccc SoB

Does anyone ever think that the Night Lords are actually incompetent at being scary? Space Marines don't really feel fear the same way we do, so maybe they're stuck with an extremely naive view of what ordinary humans find frightening? A view that entails attaching cheesy bat wings to their helmets, or putting skulls on everything even though the Imperium is already covered in decorative skulls.

They would shout battle cries like "The call is coming from inside the house!" They'd jump around corners and scream boo! And when that's all done, they will flay the skin of their still-living victims, not because they think doing it would be frightening, but because they're Chaos Marines and that's what they do. People would naturally still fear them for all the atrocities and brutalities, but in their heads the Night Lords are convinced that it's the cheesy plastic vampire fangs in their mouths that are making those guardsman shit themselves to death out of fear.

So, I think I found an interesting kitbashed walker build for a more "advanced" dreadnought. Made out of a gundam and some random chaos bits. Kinda going for a super-sized Thallax thing.

This will probably just be a hellbrute, but I'm considering refining it into a Contemptor or Decimator if I buy a second one; thoughts?

Probably tyranids. I love some of the jungle plant inspired color schemes I've seen

Beach Boy genestealer cult

Oh wow it looks like chaosfags finally got their soul grinders, knights, and titans together to make a comeback for the Konor campaign.

Same thing primed, with tubes added.

Winds up being potentially way bigger than a dreadnought.

Also good concept for an Iron Warriors Daemon Prince.

A man can dream.
On a side note I'm getting worst at painting as each passing year

FUCK YES.

Whoops, another misquoting, sorry.

What are you guys working on?

Just finished my tankbustas, gotta base both of them (gonna replace the shitty one on the guys in the back) with their trukk rhino conversions. Now I gotta decide if I do a 3rd squad or some kommandos. Love teleporting or deploying 9" from the enemy with reroll to charge

>Space Marine new units and Primarch long released
>Neutral Xenos Aeldari and Tau powergamers
>Mortarion, Typhus, Deathshroud, CC Plague Marines, Plague tank, Number-Fudger and DG codex to be released after the campaign is over

You were practically handed this by GW and it still isn't a whitewash

Also this thread is shit and I drew this picture.

Tell what does your backlog look like?

I still have about 600 dollars worth of death korps models coming in.

Sorry for the shitty photo.

Some old Immolator and Penitent Engines

You need to mix some melta in or you will have armor problems. Plasma and volleyguns won't cut it against walkers or tanks.

I like those 'bustas, but I think the one with the cutoff slugga for his trigger hand needs a bit on the front, the flat cut looks a bit odd to me

>600 dollars of death korps
Wow, a whole 3 squads?

I didn't know I was half Australian.

>buying that many old shitty cadians when new glorious steel legion plastics are around the corner

I'm sad for you, user

>acting like Imperialfags are BTFO after Imperial Players begin to lose interest and xenos start pitying Chaos enough to throw them a bone.

This in the new cannon.

that's actually very nice

I plan on buying a bunch of squads from this:

https:// vk com/grishnakmodels?z=album-112322311_227309637

Each of the units comes with a helmeted and a helmetless head, so I can use the extras for my conversion. I'm using the bodies in those pics:

https:// dreamforge-games com/products/eisenkern-valkir-heavy-troopers-redo

I've got plenty of purity seals and aquilas laying around, but I'd really dig tying them to the Black Templars somehow. Need to find some place that sells heavy flamers that will work, too.

NA is still solidly Imperium controlled, no idea what happened in EU considering they were even more Imperium last week and suddenly they're majorly in favor of Chaos.

SoB are already quite good.

>painting skulls on the faces
pic related. Looks pretty fucking solid user, now base those gitz!

I'm working on top secret shit that I won't post until it's finished or someone will steal my ideas

>steel legion
>plastic
user you know it was Necromunda?
Maybe in 5 more years Steel legion and SoB will be retro and get a reboot like this older stuff

Night Lords. I like their rules and theme. Plus all of my armies are sorely lacking in the maneuverability category well Raptors and Warp Talons excel at it so it'd be a nice change of pace.

I should put up a picture of what I have done vs what I have left. I have 2 Taurox Primes, 2 Manticores, 1 Basilisk, 9 Heavy Weapons, 4 Bullgryn, Nork, 9 Crusaders, 9 Death Cult Assassins, Inquisitor in Terminator Armor and some other random models.

The green man there, did he died?

I was low balling.

chaos is already starting to lose its lead in the EU, still strong in the UK and based Kenya for whatever reason

Imperial Guard is coming soon, maybe new plastics.

Well the Dream Forge kit comes with 4 Heavy Flamer looking weapon (in the 20 model kit)

>it's not a whitewash because we don't want to play with you

NL are tame compared to the horrors the IW would do to any loyalist. Easily the worst fate right behind getting captured by the Deldar.

>Believing the campaign isn't rigged to end in a 3-3 tie so GW can do what they want.

If you're actually stupid enough think what players do has any effect on the results then I have some oceanfront property in Montana to sell you.

By giving them new models.

Honestly though, I'd like Sisters to get something like Aggressors with Flamestorm Gauntlets.

user you know that IG has gone longest without any new releases amongst all factions, that their book is sometime in the next 4 months, and that Orks are going to be released with IG as part of an Armageddon-themed release, don't you?

The laspistol sneak peak wasn't steel legion and no one should have assumed it was. The pistol's style was nothing like that of SL's weapons. That doesn't mean there will be no new IG models now that Cadia is gone as the iconic IG world.

Need to paint my ork dred move, but I'm probably saving that for a rainy weekend. In the mean time it will be more dark Eldar, but I need to decide on coven stuff or a whole bunch of beasts.

Pitch this to Alfabusa

Sisters or Battle. Got a box of 5 sisters, but not sure what color scheme I want. Once I figure that out, I'll probably start to slowly build the force.

>chaos posters shitting up the thread

Whats the best way for CSM to deal with blobs?

The thing they have labeled as 'flamethrower'? That's pussy shit, I want something more like pic related

That's called a squad of Retributors with 4 Heavy Flamers.

again, what powergamers?

night lords

I don't know actually, Im struggling with my friends 80+ pox walkers

I love you user

Is that a suicide vest upgrade?

Why? They already have Retribution squads and Seraphims that do that job.

We need nuns on hover bikes with power pikes. Go full 80's and 90's renaged nuns on wheels or nude nuns with big guns.
Go full over the top with super church money

Is this book any good ?

Renegade guard with mortars

visit south england.

Berserkers?

I dont want to get raped

Yah Dream Forge does not have many overly retarded huge guns, but the heavy version of it has a lot of retardedly huge guns

Failing that marine heavy and normal weapons work just fin with little work

Quad HBolter Contemptors. 12 S5 -1AP shots hitting on 2+

Snipers. Jsut kill the commissar, problem solved. Honestly all this whining over conscripts is ridiculous to me given that it's the commissar who makes them good. With natural Ld 4 conscripts die in buckets unless the pointy hat is standing next to them. Try doing something other than running headfirst into a meatgrinder.

What non-primaris units still have a place in a Space Marine army?

Primaris seem to do everything better.

Devastators are only better than Hellblasters between 36-48 inches.

Blurry Perty. May or may not be sideways.

>just giving it away like a good cuck
ahahahahaha thanks for the free book loser

>Primaris seem to do everything better.

>laughing Tac marines.gif

Do you think 40k is building up to the release of an emperor model?

If so, who will oppose him on the chaos side? Will we see chaos god models two years from now?

>snipers
What sniper do 4 wounds reliably?
If a commissar survives two turns he already did his job.

Or I'm missing some new sniper unit?

Semi-related, what happens to Sororitas who turn out to be psykers?

>Kristos getting BTFO?
>...Anonymous
>08/17/17(Thu)23:12:59 No.54929858
> #
>Genestealer Cults, Im going to make it into a more aggressive Guard, just neophytes, russes and sentinels and later on if GW updates Lictors then I'll add them.

Got a hydra, another stock leman russ and another punisher russ to finish for my almost 1000 point list mechanized army

Plus some DE beasts

>yfw those are looted grenades

I don't know, isn't there a nurgle daemon which traps your soul inside of it for all of eternity?

if your strategy hinges on removing 50-100 models from the table in 2 turns or less it's a bad strategy.

as someone who has yet to play against them yet, from what I've seen in the codex they seem kinda overcosted for what they do. Is that not the case?

Nah, I don't think they'll do an Emperor model

You really need to re-read that image compilation of why conscripts are bullshit. Sniping the commissar isnt even worth the points of the snipers. Why do you think conscripts have been taking top spot at tourneys, even professional waacfags can't deal with it, they aren't just running in head first