EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Legend with No Name" Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's your favorite Kamigawa Legendary?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/surrak-rug-goodstuff/
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mister-janks-artifact-emporium/
twitter.com/EliShffrn/status/897894399329222656
mtg.gamepedia.com/Eli_Shiffrin
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-guru-of-value-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reki, History of Kamigawa.

The only EDH deck I can play against almost anything and not get pissed off.

>thread question

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/surrak-rug-goodstuff/

Suggestions to improve this or spicy tech that could be fun in it? It used to be an Intet deck that tried to cheat big creatures and spells into play, but I could almost never make good use of Intet's ability, so I changed it into something more direct and consistent

>
red has a good amount of arcane spells tho. and taurean mauler is the shit in edh.

plus stealing things gives you value while blowing things up is only disruption.

the black/green/blue kirin are worse than either red or white though.

Stealing things only gives you value if you value if you can make them into value. It requires setup to profit off it.

Blowing things up is always blowing things up.

Mah nigga.
2nd place is pic related.

yeah white is probably the best but red is a close second. also they are all terrible.

Dont have a list on tapped out but its basically Kamigawa block commander
36 Mountains
Sol Ring, Darksteel Ingot, Red Mana Rocks.
Phyrexian, Ashnods, and Dementia Altar
Kamigawa block spirits exclusively, only non Kami block card is Malignus and the artifacts oh and that enchantment that gives all creatures haste too

>What's your favorite Kamigawa Legendary?
G O D O
O
D
O

>deck started as a pile of shitty artifacts
>build it up over time, buy those money cards
>can currently hold its own against some T2/T1 decks

They will bury me with this deck. I love this thing

claimed

Shirei boiii, recurring dorks for days.

My very own samurai army.

Who is the best other Partner for a xyz/Sidar Hatebears build

This nigga right here

Tymna easy

Tymna. Good colors, low cost, draws you cards as early as the turn she comes down.

Best waifu coming through

[A SOUL CAN'T BE CUT]

>betty white is ubr
I can see it

I run the Kirin in monogreen legends. Nice to have a flyer and the lifegain surprisingly not awful. At least you can't fuck yourself the way you can with the white Kirin.

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mister-janks-artifact-emporium/

Built a silly deck that I think might have a chance of working. R8, h8, appreci8, give me tips, even if those tips are "lol kys fag desu senpai".

>What's your favorite Kamigawa legendary?
I'm a bit biased toward this guy since he's helming my longest running deck. Other than him though, probably Hidetsugu.

Seems pretty fun for a non-combo list. Why Argent Sphinx over AEtherling, though?

Artifact theming, built it on Cockatrice where cost was no item. Aetherling is pretty much a direct upgrade, you're right.

That's fair. If this whole Quicksilver Elemental thing ends up being true, I may switch to a list more like yours. So glad I didn't order anything for it yet.

>cost was no item
I was wondering what the dual lands and shit loads of super expensive staples were doing next to Etherium-horn Sorcerer and Skill Borrower.
You have a lot of graveyard exile, so a few of them might overlap and you end up with dead cards in hand.
And your only source of haste is lightning greaves, something I'd try to improve on in a deck with a lot of tap activated abilities.

True how? I'm not entirely clear on it myself but from what I can tell if you play Quicksilver Elemental normally and use it to copy Mairsil then there's no restrictions. Still can't tell what would happen if he uses the ability on himself since that "you may active each of THOSE abilities only once each turn" clause.

I'm planning on getting a Japanese foil when I go to Japan next year

When he was spoiled, the judge consensus seemed to be that because the restrictions weren't part and parcel of the activated abilities, they wouldn't be copied if you imprinted QE on Mairsil.

Now twitter.com/EliShffrn/status/897894399329222656 is saying otherwise, citing no source other than "I asked around."

So how did the last time you played Commander go?

>Local LGS doesn't really do any competitive EDH stuff, it's just wait for 4 dudes to show up and grab a table and play until closing
>Get there earlyish, sit at the almost empty table with a dude playing NuOdric who I've played with there before
>Waiting for more dudes to show up, this guy in his 40s shows up with a Nicol Bolas deck with a mishmash of both old revised-era cards and some stuff from Amonkhet/Kaladesh and we're chatting it up.
>Things are fine as we talk the new precons until the 4th dude shows up
>He's got a fedora on, has this super-annoying french accent (Might have been french-canadian, IDK), and pulls out a waifu playmat
>Is loud as fuck in a room that's already loud as fuck, and because he's shouting his spit is flying onto people's cards
>Pulls out an Unesh deck that he describes as "semi competitive" (We would learn later in the night that he built it from looking at two decklists for it)
>Also he takes forever deciding what to play, what to search for, or doing anything honestly. His turns took as long as everyone elses combined
>Wins by fact-or-fictioning his way into lab man with cheap as fuck sphinxes
>Decide to change from the Saskia deck I was still trying to figure out to Kruphix
>Fedoralord switches to Kaalia

>Second game goes slowly for everyone until Nicol Bolas player puts down Storm Cauldron (I asked him after that game why he's playing it in that deck and he said the reasoning's to slow down the game for everyone else so he could build up his combo pieces)
>Kaalia plays Armageddon the turn afterwards
>Proceeds to beat everyone up with a Iona and a Razaketh because no one can do shit to him
>He goes back to Unesh after that game, I stick with Kruphix since I did nothing that game
>Needless to say, there was a silent agreement to team up against Fedoralord the next game
>By turn 5 I have Sphinx's Tutelage, Temple Bell, and Monastery Siege out, and Fedora Lord's milling at least 6 cards a turn
>Mill his Lab Man, Cyclonic Rift, Top, and a few other goodstuffs
>Odric dude is bashing him in with Avacyn
>Nicol Bolas player is just kinda there, honestly
>Eventually I get out both Ebony Owl Netsuke and Iron Maiden, and it becomes Fedora Lord's turn.
>The two artifacts knock him down to 1 life
>By this turn he's shitting out mana with two Caged Suns (One from Copy Artifact),
>Plays Venser's Journal, then Time Stretch and some other Sphinxes, then hits me for near-lethal
>First extra turn he plays Temporal Mastery, then beats me for lethal and the Odric dude down

At that point no one else at the board had any answers to it, and the other two players just scooped. The Kaalia game actually had a 5th player but he did so little that he scooped mid-game and joined a 3-man group that was setting up, and honestly I don't blame him. Was a pretty shitty night altogether.

>citing no source
mtg.gamepedia.com/Eli_Shiffrin

This motherfucker is the source, user.

Then he needs to get his ass in gear and put it in the rules. I'm tired of him and Tabak thinking Twitter is a proper way to set game rules and rulings. It's fine for talking about them, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna scroll through their tweets trying to figure out how their damn game works.

>thread question
pic

Been playing a bunch of weird shit online, Unesh sphinx tribal is great though. 10/10 would recommend

>Not having a "semi-competitive" deck yourself
I get that some groups and spots have only a casual scene but sometimes you need a "break glass in case of degeneracy" deck to put cEDH shitters in their place.

>Pulled this from an Amonkhet fatpack

Into the Marath deck it goes and into the Narset deck the old one goes.

I'd love to get all the Masterpieces that are "EDH staples" but fuck man most are expensive.

>opened 100 packs, both AMK and HOD
>only noteworthy card was a foil Scarab God
Never buying packs again.

i want to buy the dragon deck but i only have about 15€ to fix it, what cards should i buy with it?

>Meren vs Tasigur vs Narset (pillowfort) vs Inalla
>Narset got heavy pillow forts, but continued to get nuked by Bane of Progresses.
>Inalla mostly durdled but got to cast Cruel Ultimatum way too many times, usually targeting the Tasigur player.
>Tasigur mostly tried to keep Meren and Inalla in check with Scavenging Ooze recurred multiple times to eat Inalla's spells and Meren's creatures.
>Meren player ate a fuck ton of removal and ended up with a commander tax of like 10.
Nobody actually lost after over two hours, so we just ended it to get food or go home.

Ally checklands and some signets.

Ally check lands like mentioned or the battle for Zendikar dual lands because they can be fetched with Farseek and the forest ones can be fetched with Nature's Lore.

Signets also work.

This wonky gob keeps winning me games.

Just from having him around a few times during Zada games, I know in my heart he's a better commander than she is. It pains me a little.

hes not even my commander, but he should be, the deck revolves around finding him, but Wort has to provide the green mana.

What does everyone think of Izzet Chemister

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/

for goblin tribal? yes kronko is better. for storm? zada is the best time had in mono red

Thanks

>break glass in case of degeneracy

That's exactly what I call it. I have a Brago deck assembled JUST so when degenerates come in I can lock them down.

Dude, I was burned so bad by EMN I haven't bought a pack since.

How do you guys think this year's legendaries will do in your 99?
Can you see yourself running any of the Eminence legends in your decks?
Besides the Taigims and Cats I can't see the rest getting any play.

My favorite deck is Boros.dec/Legendary tribal, so this guy will absolutely be slotted in.

>tfw arms race started at LGS
>cant/dont really want to keep up
>games end turn 5/6 or the table gets staxed out nearly every game
Worst part is the race was started by someone who doesnt even play there anymore. Now everyones decks are powering up for an upcoming league season and its getting nearly impossible to win or even enjoy a game since people are tuning decks to get past league anti infinite combo rules
List of insane commanders include
>Arcum Daggson every fast mana card ever printed and the usual busted stuff, league rules only stop triggers so combos that just win like Lab Man get around it
>Azami hyper tuned Lab Man deck
>Tuned Grixis Marchesa
>Tuned Kaalia of the Vast
>Tuned Brago
>Locust God
There are some casual decks roaming around still but they are quickly becoming the exception to the rule

I just found out today that I have two of those (the Time Spiral ones, not the Masterpiece obviously). I was surprised and pleased. Into the deck it goes!

The Lorwyn ones you mean?

Yeah I was mixed up. They're in a Time Spiral rebels deck I found in my box of old decks.

Austere Command is great in just about any deck with white and is the second best command in my opinion.

One is going in a Zedruu jank deck I'm planning, alongside my other lovely old jank-goodstuff like Teferi's Puzzle Box and an Academy Ruins to make sure nobody removes it.

The goal? Punish anyone who's playing an expensive deck in casual EDH.

Christ that is seriously bad, thank God somehow I've avoided those people. Got more stories?

Do you think vamps are good? I don't have a large budget, but I do want a chance to win

This is why you always have an infinite combo in your deck as a "big red button" option. and a way to tutor for the pieces.

>Hey guys, I'm from scrubville, but I carry around an assortment of 100 cards that can beat any competitive deck I never play with and it makes me feel safe
Isn't that adorable

What does an Unesh sphinx deck even look like?
In theory, it sounds really janky and slow.

>targeted removal and counterspells.dec
I never said you had to win.
You just need to make sure that dude loses.

There's a guy at my LGS who does this, in a sense. He fashions himself the gatekeeper of asshole decks and plays a Chaos/'Wheel deck, the sole purpose of which is to prevent anyone from ever comboing off no matter how long the game goes.

>buttblasted degenerate that can't stand not pubstomping

Sorry you can't substitute mtg for actual friends

If only there was a commander that could safely store your combo pieces in a place where only a select few spells could ever reach them.

The art is incredible, you can't tell if it's an effeminate ugly man or an ugly woman.

Passive-aggressive autism is alright I guess, but REEEE-ing in his face usually gets the job done

>gatekeeper of asshole
A title I can get behind

(You)

>ugly
The angle and lighting make his already sunken features appear intensely grave. In a normal situation I doubt anyone would call him ugly, he may not be Brad Pitt but he has a certain glamour around him that comes with the air of being King Shit.

>Passive-aggressive autism is alright I guess, but REEEE-ing in his face usually gets the job done
So you're saying that no matter how you settle the situation you're duty bound to be autistic about it?
If someone sits down at your table with a deck that equates to Legacy when the rest of your table is barely playing modern then they paint a target on their head.
If you go through several games and no one is able to beat them yet then you could see if anyone at the table has other decks they'd like to break out, maybe even have him switch to someone else's deck.
If that person isn't a total faggot then they'd either agree or simply stop playing.

I've played my share of games with older gentlemen who run the either run of the mill big creatures and bombs to the absolute jankiest shit to ever greet my eyes, they aren't particularly competitive and really enjoy playing for the nostalgia/socializing aspects of the game.
I've also played my share of games with spergs who run every tutor possible and are clearly masturbating under the table to the thought of stomping casuals.
Playing against either of them can be enjoyable in it's own rights but you need the decks for them.
Constructing decks regardless of budget is really half the fun of Magic for some people, so having a ~$50 deck on the side packed with hate spells that you could throw together from your collection isn't all that hard to do.
Having things like Statis/Owl is fine in some groups but if no one at the table has anything to deal with Kaalia then it's basically game. Decks like that really peter out as long as you stop the bitch from swinging.
Siding in cards to deal with bullshit is also perfectly fine.

>at lgs
>they give out random old promos to anyone playing magic
>decide to have a 1v1 commander game with my friend
>playing Anafenza the Foremost
>he's playing Niv Mizzet Dracogenius
>go fast out of the gate
>get out a Nissa voice of zendikar
>wearing him down slowly
>he brings out Niv
>can't attack without opening myself to being free cards for him
>pop nissa's -7
>cathar's crusade, thalia's lancers, sigarda herons grace
>the 0/1 plants from nissa were getting bigger
>he plays ulamog ceaseless hunger
>he also plays fraying sanity but I wasn't putting anything in the graveyard anyway
>draw into razaketh and tutor for decend upon the sinful
>tapped out, ready to exile his ulamog next turn
>he plays startled awake and manages to copy it three times
>mill 52
>fraying sanity makes it 104

I wasn't even mad, I got out fucking skilled

For when you need to take the game hostage.

His time is up.
The age of Catgo is upon us.
Long live our furry overlords.

Any recommendations for this deck? tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghave-guru-of-value-1/

fun times with medium power level decks trying to not die to full-powered prossh
until a fucking idiot came in with daretti full blown stax and began talking shit about us because he "could hard lock us out of the game turn 1"

i couldnt care less about being locked out, but why be such a fucking faggot about it, is beyond me and everyone else at the table

>guy
Someone tell him

If you can't make your dick bigger, just make other dicks smaller.

Eldrazi Processors send their regards

Women are so highly represented in MtG I'm starting to get hives.
Wish they'd just push out a Matriarchy plane already with like 30% males all of which are strictly inferior or exist solely to synergize with their better halves.

maybe we will get 8ft tall amazon waifus for snu snu in ixalan

>tfw putting in almost all non-cast processors in Scarab god, together with DEN
It's gonna be so slow, but it's gonna be fun

>Women are so highly represented in MtG I'm starting to get hives.
>Women, who make up 50%-51% of humanity, show up often

Wow, who'd have thought?

And make up how many % of mtg players?

>Out of town
>decide the check the LGS
>they're having a Pauper tournament
>play some EDH with the local players
>everyone was nice
>good trades all around

It was great. Gonna start brewing some Pauper decks now.

Myself%.

Your mom.

I don't think having 90% of the creatures be sweaty and fat neckbeards would be a wise selling choice

Pauper is actually really fun and most games are a lot quicker than standard.
I wish we had general MtG thread since Modern is nothing but >implications and Standard is slow as hell, EDH is so far off topic all the time we might as well combine the lore threads into here.

>EDH is so far off topic all the time

What's your favorite kind of dog?

Does giving bushido stack?

Yes.

ur mother

Quick, post OC to counter the shitposting!

Into the cage you go

>since Modern is nothing but >implications

Modern general is nothing but bitching and whining about Eldrazi Tron and "If it beats me it should be banned"

Man, how do we make this fucking shit commander work?

Whenever I see Mairsil all I can think of is
>Bullet With Butterfly Wings intensifies