Childhood is playing Magic: the Gathering

Childhood is playing Magic: the Gathering.

Adulthood is realizing buying and selling makes more sense.

Invest in something more valuable and less embarrassing, like Beanie Babies.

I won't lie and say it wouldn't be cool to live off of being some kind of M:tG or other collectible day trader, but applying that dedication and follow through to something like ACTUAL trading, such as stocks or forex would be MUCH better. Not only do you always have an open market, but the commodities are far less volatile.

Sure it won't be as interesting and is probably much harder to learn, but it's far more lucrative and far more legitimate. If, by some freak accident, M:tG just dies as a major game, you are SOL.

Who is this autist?

Read the filename idiot, it's Max Res Default.

Impossible, Default fled to the moon after his Illuminati ties came to light.
This is probably just a lizardman infiltrator using his appearance.

I've noticed Veeky Forums has less of an issue with buying and selling things then a certain other board where buying and selling is treated as a conspiracy.

Magic cards move in value much faster than most other investments. Just the other day I sold some cards I never use for $2000.

>money is the only thing that matters
Pretty sure you mean young adulthood

But user, near mint mint is good enough if you're not a faggot. The real way to play magic is with a deck made exclusively of psa cards.

The only people saying otherwise are people too stupid to realize that the only reason they don't care about money is because they have them.

Makes more sense? Fuck off. Playing magic is enjoyable and when it comes down to it experiencing pleasure is one of the only things we can kinda almost prove actually matters

Enjoy your (you)

You tried I guess?

Childhood is playing Magic: the Gathering.

Adulthood is realizing that you have grown distant from what you used to find fun and exciting, and after a few brief attempts to introduce this to your uncaring children, you'll decide you need to make way for more important things in life and sell your old cards in bulk for a tidy sum.

what does floppy taco mean?

>Default
>right about money
Not even once.

A military trust fund babby who tries his hand at being a trading and investing wizard in a cryptocurrency vaguely related to a TCG because he wants to feel smart. He has no idea how the game physically works and mostly just hoards sealed product to sell off to other collectors later.

>Too dumb to comprehend a simple sentence.
Just proving my point for me.

God, people like you describe are such wastes of breath. So glad I don't play Magic anymore.

Maybe you need to hire an editor

>He has no idea how the game physically works
Rudy used to play the game, but since sometime around 2005 or so he made the decision to go all out on the financial side of it. In his own words, once he made that jump it was impossible to enjoy the game as just a game anymore.

I'm also not sure about the trust fund. Rudy has made several other big investments in the past that aren't MtG related, and presumably has worked at some form of investment firm in the past. So more likely, he's just a guy who's pretty decent at finances and decide to combine that with his love for collectibles and games.

Fuck off, kike

>Childhood is playing Magic: the Gathering
But mtg didn't exist when I was a child...

>Collects for collections sake mostly
Sure thing.

True maturity is realising you can make much more flogging forgeries

Don't worry user, you'll die soon and nothing will matter any more.

Childhood is investing into a low-profit, low-risk market like MtG card trading.
Adulthood is realizing that a high-risk, high-profit market like cryptocurrency trading is more lucrative.

Yes, but how much did you spend on them?