Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

What the fuck is wheat edition

Old Thread: >Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning new planet. But for how long?
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

So this gentelman is a berserker too, right? How come he doesn't jump off the rhino and charge some fuckers with his axe?

We used to be a thing :(

Feedback on my latest hobby contribution?

3rd for alpha legion

Are you not?

What is the least popular race of xenos now? Is it necrons? What happened, how did you become less popular than the tau

I don't think I've ever laughed once at these memes.

>ending the 41st Millenium
Damn, that's impressive.

3/10

Make it taller vertically so it's more compelling to open.

He's not a berzerker. He's just some faggots they keep around because he knows what to do when the rhino throws a track pin.

>What is the least popular race of xenos now?
I thought we had an actual chart for this somewhere. At least one based on sales.

Vertical, and also include a picture of Lorgar, possibly the one from the FW books

because he have his arse plugged to the rhino

Just cane to let OP know he must be a thrid generation inbred to think it's ok to make a new thread before the old one gets to page 9.

I can only assume the reason your mother didn't strangle you in your sleep is because she herself was born with flippers instead of arms.

You stupid cunt.

Shredding dudes with a combi-bolter satisfies the butchers nails just as much.

Alternate answer, he's chained/welded in place to keep him firing.

So he's a jew then?

top kikek

Heil Hydra!

How is the Cronos? Worth taking over a second Talos?

My selection for someone that really fits the image of Lorgar

What is wrong with you

And the driver? WE must pay a lot of compensations for car crashes.

Lorgar just got BLACKED by the GW Diversity Teamâ„¢

Neither is worth taking.

That's Lex Luthor you shit. The most white villain ever made.

A sad day for the dark kin

Is he Argentinian?

Old Grey Knight player, seeking to return to the game. Haven't played since early 5th, so missed out on lots of the 6th ed hate.
Are Terminators still the best troops, or are Strikes finally good?
Interceptors, yeah or nah, 2x squad of 10 will have 2 Incinerators, 4 falchions, and Justicar with DHammer.
Purifiers look like hot, expensive garbage. Am I right?
Grand Master in baby carriage, is there a new good loadout? My only 1 has Incinerator+Psycannon+Sword. Pyscannon I am hesitant on for some reason, and the Psilencer still looks meh to meh.
Thanks folks.

Why no noise biker unit? That seems like an obvious extension of Slaanesh's heavy metal+speed attributes.

>white
>Clearly brown on the pic
Sure thing user

I'd imagine WE drivers do try and ram everything they can, in previous 'dexs they could take sawblades on their transports after all.

Secondly, that's assuming it's still a person at all, Chaos tends to meld the driver into the vehicle itself, and that's also assuming its isn't a demonically possessed machine spirit driving the whole thing.

GK get fucked hard by Hellblasters.

I used to love dem robots, but then they tombkinged'em.

Soulburners or Hellflamers for a Hellforged Contemptor? I feel like Soulburners are nice and can be used after advancing but not sure.

1) Can a person under the effects of daemonic possession be led to believe (as a natural side effect instead of the daemon's whispers) that he/she is in fact the daemon in question, and thus try to tear himself out of his own body?

2) What exactly happens with a soul when it is consumed by a warp entity? Does it become part of the daemon, part of the warp or simply melt into the warp like when you normally die?

Greek, I think. There was a specific actor he was sorta based on, but I forget his name.

Ok, I'll take it. But explain this in World Eaters.

What do you think of my list? Lots of potential with nine command points to assault alot of stuff turn one or two.

Chaos lord 97
Bolt pistol, power maul, jump pack

Chaos sorceror 133
force sword, plasma pistol, jump pack

Chaos sorceror 102
force sword, bolt pistol

Exalted Champion 70
teeth of the hydra, bolt pistol

10x Chosen 172
champion, power fist

10x Chosen 172
champion, power fist

5x Chaos marines 78
plasma gun

5x Chaos marines 78
plasma gun

5x Chaos marines 78
plasma gun

5x Chaos marines 78
plasma gun

5x Chaos marines 78
plasma gun

30x cultists 147
3x flamers

6x warp talons 162
6x pair of lightning claws

5x Havocs 117
4x plasma guns

5x Havocs 117
4x plasma guns

5x Havocs 117
4x plasma guns

3x Obliterators 195

Hellbrute 124
Twin lascannon, combi bolter

1998, alpha legion, 9 cp (2 batallion)

Sure.

Now stop asking.

Terminators are overcosted and shittier versions of Paladins. Strikes are actually worth spamming now.
Interceptors are hilarious when taken in large groups and given nothing but Falchions. That's 40 deepstrike storm bolter shots and then 21 AP-2 Dd3 attacks coming at you turn 1 if you wanted. No point waisting time on Incinerators because of the new DS rules. Daemonhammers are too expensive to be put onto basic power armored guys.
Purifiers are terrible unfortunately. They really are.
Psilencers are really good with the Psybolt ammunition and do Dd3 damage so you should use that stratagem on them whenever possible to spam as many Dd3 shots as you can.

Those are normal CSM not world eaters

What bit, the Plasma gun?

the chosen have bolt pistols/chainswords

I'll ask every thread now. Just for you.

I can fucking see the World Eater insignia user

And every thread I'll give a different answer, making you doubt yourself.

nothing, a bit too much free time I guess

The pact is sealed.

user world eaters dont have CSM. They are all berzerkers.

According to fluff, all WE are berzerkers.

Close, but you need to recut your entire story into a square shape.

So how come you can have normal CSM with WORLD EATERS keyword?

3rd had 'em. And noise terminators!

The same way flamers are the best AA gun. Fluff =/= crunch.

Its actually like an eerie 5% of all sales per faction, like on the nose if you split them all into their sub groups.

GW doesn't give sales data

That fucking pisses me off. Just retcon that ALL World Eaters are berzerkers, GW and we all can go home. Now we can't have fluffy WE army, unless we put there some trash fucking cultists.

Wow, big changes it seems.
I will.lookmat basic dudes then and just claim my Termies to Pallys now; promotions may be in order. I assume thet Deep Strike in, cause Land Raiders are expensive as balls now?
Interceptors I planned to just deploy, hence the Incinerators. Move 12" T1 then T2, move 12" flame and assault. Otherwise, are Psilencers ever worth it?
Shame on Purifers, painted up a bunch really neat, guess they are basic dudes now.
What about the HQs, particularly the Dreadknight Master armament?

>The Emperor
>White

>Riptide basically confirmed for buffs
lol
I wonder what role GW wants it to hold. Mobile and tankier vehicle buster?
Right now 400 pts for Heavy 3 Str 7 AP-3 damage:1 is pretty objectively terrible, oh at BS 4+ too
Thing looks too good and fun to paint to be unusable

1) You can still make them troops with the Index army rules.

2) If you don't have the index take a Vanguard detachment + outrider/spearhead according to preference.

3) They'll probably be troops when their Codex comes out anyway. I guess the nurgle guys will tell us.

>I assume thet Deep Strike in, cause Land Raiders are expensive as balls now?
Storm Ravens are a good option too. Borderline unkillable, plenty of firepower and can transport termies.
>Interceptors I planned to just deploy, hence the Incinerators. Move 12" T1 then T2, move 12" flame and assault.
Just do be careful that they're not hard to kill. You really want to take advantage of the massed stormbolter fire and the mass falchion attack spam.
>Otherwise, are Psilencers ever worth it?
IMO, not outside of Purgation squads.
>Shame on Purifers, painted up a bunch really neat, guess they are basic dudes now.
They're worse than basic dudes. Basic dudes can still teleport in and have a non-retard version of Smite. Purifiers don't even have that, and on top of that they have a pathetic 1 attack in case you were thinking of using their smite in melee.
>What about the HQs, particularly the Dreadknight Master armament?
The only HQ you want to avoid is the Librarian. Literally no point in taking him anymore since he now has the same gimped version of Smite as everyone else.
Not really sure about the GM DK because I never really was a fan of baby carriers.

If you want a fluffy army just don't take csm troops

>Prehistoric Anatolia
>Not white

>world eaters don't
it's not like the rubric, where all of their forces were magically turned into one kind of soldier

From the most popular legion to the unpopular.
1. Black Legion
2. Death Guard
3. Emperor's Children
4. World Eaters
5. Iron Warriors
6. Thousand Sons
7. Word Bearers
8. Alpha Legion
9. Night Lords.

>They are all berzerkers.
STFU newfag.

I disagree but would like to see more of these lists.
Alpha is too low, word is too high. DG and TS should be near the top. God legions are popular

I'm painting a couple skulls for my bases in preparation for the GW skull box. I'm on my third thin layer of skull white.

I am not going to enjoy painting that box.

Everything you just said is just wrong. A bunch of thousand sons survived and became sorcerers, while the entire command structure of the world eaters either gave themselves to daemons or became champions of khorne.

Ranged weapons were thrown in favor of chainswords and axes, it'a right on their Codex entry. No amount of retconned fluff will change that.

>What about the HQs, particularly the Dreadknight Master armament?

Just played a game against a guy that fielded two GMs in DKs. Cast sanctuary on one, it's borderline unkillable, and with it's giant hammer, 12" flamer, and heavy psycannon, it's extremely dangerous out of deepstrike. Give it first to the fray and get rerolling charges, this thing will melt anything he gets into combat with and a 3++ alongside 12W and T6 makes him near immune to both small arms and anti-tank.

>Black Legion more popular than Thousand Sons
>Alpha Legion are below Word Bearers
>Word Bearers that low in the first place

>not an argument
Ahahahaha stay mad cuck

>There was a specific actor he was sorta based on, but I forget his name.
Yul Brynner.

NANANANANANANA motherfucker.

...I really need to dig out my 3e Slanneshi berzerkers again, just for the lulz.

I'd put Black Legion much lower in that list.

>I'm painting a couple skulls for my bases in preparation for the GW skull box. I'm on my third thin layer of skull white.
>I am not going to enjoy painting that box.
Dude. Prime them white, hit them with a $8 bottle of acrylic sepia ink from the art store, and highlight with a drybrush.

Post your lists then.

Prehistoric Anatolia (or actually it could be as late as 2000 BC) is not exactly someone the average person knows what they look like. Those people are long lost in the gene pool of Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Franks and Roaches.

You would need DNA reconstructions (which I'm sure exist somewhere) to see how they actually looked. But those are not exactly easy public knowledge.

Like I said - you'll need cultists to fulfill troop requirements then. I don't like cultists in WE much. They'd be probably butchered by WE in the first place.

Everyone ready for the Grand Cultivator? It'll be like every other daemon unit, used for 40k and AoS.

I play Thousand Sons.

No, they aren't.

I assume he Deep striked over, shot, stood there and then asssaulted next turn?
I was planning on running 2 of the Masters in Carriage with that loadout. Maybe 1 hammer and other Master with Sword. Aren't they too pricey though? Like 300 each when upgraded that way?
Ok, I cam loved an addition with bith of my Librarians benched.

eh...
BL
TS, DG, WE
EC
Alpha
NL
IW
WB

[citation needed]

>Chaos already losing on Vanitor
Well that didn't last long.

>black legion top
>alpha legion so low
Oh honey....

should be :

Death Guard
World Eaters
Alpha legion
Thousand Sons
Iron Warriors
Emperor's Children
Nightlords/Black legion
Word Bearers

1. Thousand Sons
2. Death Guard
3. Iron Warriors
4. World Eaters
5. Black Legion
6. Word Bearers
7. Emperor's Children
8. Night Lords
9. Alpha Legion

This would be my list based on my local area. I have seen one too many a Magnus in my store.

I know. I'm just posting cus its fun.

Plus the Emperor can look like however he wants. Biomancy.

>Night Lords over WB

No.

Yes, they are.

Does the Prince of Chaos ability which lets you reroll hits of 1 for the Daemon Prince affect himself?

AL
DG
TS
EC
Renegades
NL
WE
IW
BL
WB

Let's do Xenos next guys, this is funner than shitflinging

Eldar
Ork
Tyranid
Dark Eldar
Necron
T'au

Quinns and GSC too niche

Have you SEE the hhg? its rife with NLs over WBs

He tried to charge out of deepstrike but failed both, since a 9" charge, even rerolling, is hard to achieve. Even still I couldn't kill either one. Always hitting on 2s, 3s with the hammer, is amazing. The next turn they started mulching whatever they got into combat with.

We were playing 2k points, he had 6 paladins, two apothecaries, three strike squads, a land raider crusader, two laserbacks, and the grandmasters.