How does your character deal with invisible enemies?

How does your character deal with invisible enemies?

Pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambrosia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Always fight the enemies in your mind as you would fight them outside it.

A better borderline off topic line would have been "What's the fastest you've ever gave up and wrapped up a campaign without just dropping rocks on everyone?"

Armageddon spell.

Calm down Little Finger.

Earthquakes have solved a lot of my difficult problems, I don't see why invisible enemies would be an exception

Glitterdust, Invisibility Purge, True Seeing, Dispel Magic

AOE attacks, undead 'sight'

Closes his eyes.

He runs away.

Grenades and claymores.

My dude has been blind for 30 years.

He would fight them the exact same way he fights everything, screaming the war chants to locate shit by the echo and then hitting it was burning sword he "borrowed" from a passed out drunk angel.

I cast see invisibility because there's always an overly specific spell to solve every problem

Take a bottle of urine (PC)
Throw it all around the area until it hits the invisible enemy.
Use pet dog to tackle down the moving scent of urine.
Dog pile and kill enemy.

When in doubt, scorched earth.

Actually, I want to hear this more than what the OP has suggested. How do you end a campaign quickly, just enough that nobody is quite likely to call bullshit on your reasoning.

I thought you gave up that crazed gunman thing

Turn invisible myself and then listen for footsteps
>the unseen blunderbuss is the deadliest

Latest GoT show is a classical example of sound awesome in a story but on screen seems retarded.

And jon snow fought for a day against zombies, only few of them could advance at once to avoid the ice breaking. And Jon kept swinging and killing. And then left alone in the icy water was able to escape to safety.

Such a badass.

But watching it you don't really take Jon for the awesome warrior he is supposed to be.

>Double sets of doors at all entrances that seal and alert security if the number of individuals detected by the pressure and/or proximity sensors does not match up with the camera system. Antechamber can be then be remotely gassed and/or incinerated by security.
>Radar system constantly scans surrounding streets and buildings, and alerts security if detects a discrepancy compared with the camera system. Depending on location automated grenade lauchers may be able to engage discrepancy with explosive or non-lethal grenades (although generally we'd let the threat enter the buildings where responding will cause less of a scene)
>Highly trained and genetically engineered scenthounds (perhaps soon to be joined by hellhounds) patrol the grounds and structures.
>Security directed to spray and pray with non-lethal bullets if they suspect invisible foes.
Fuck invisibility.

Pocket flour, seasoned with chilli powder and ground pepper.
Flour outlines, chilli in eyes blinds, pepper makes them sneeze.
Any one effect will make them easier to deal with, a combination of two or more can win the fight for you.

Force them into confines where youll know where they are, make yourself hard to see for them too to even it up, AOE the fuck out of everything.

I don't see any invisible enemies in your pic. Are you sure they're there?

>"What's the fastest you've ever gave up and wrapped up a campaign without just dropping rocks on everyone?"

Oh boy.

>been DM for my group for awhile now, so far everything has been good and fun. We're all friends, everyone gets along great.
>not long after Stranger Things was released, our Druids cousin wants to join us because he "saw how cool it was" in the show, even though it wasent mentioned much
>can't really say no as its this dudes cousin and he's family, and familys supposed to come first or some shit.
>begrudgingly accept him into party and have to spend a whole session teaching him how to play, set up a character sheet, etc
>he decides he wants to be a dragon born barbarian, like Skyrim. Our barbarian, who was already fed up with this, takes it as a personal slight and tries to protest saying how retarded it is.
>try and get the cousin to switch but he refuses, instead blabbering on about how he was born of dragon and that our half-Orc barbarian is just a racist.
>wut
>Barbarian realizes there's no point in arguing and just lets it go.

>ff to next session and we finally start the campaign. Just a simple savi the kingdom story line because I don't feel like putting effort into this campaign and my party doesn't look like they want to try either.
>they talk to the king, who tells them of terrible evils, blah blah blah.
>everytime the king asks the party a question though, or leaves a statement open, the cousin ALWAYS pipes up to speak.
>Eventually king asks how much it would be to hire the party, and before anyone can even start talking to one another, dragon boy says "we will do it for free, as its my duty as a dragon born"
>party starts flipping "you can't just make decisions without us! Some of us want to get paid for risking our lives!"
>king interjects that he would gladly pay us as it is a dangerous job.

>That guy with the polearm swinging at air behind the dude with the flaming sword

>dragon boy stands up placing a hand on his heart "as a descendant of the first dragon, protector of the innocent and appeantly as the only good man here, I promise we will seek out the evil you speak of, and banish it back to the dark! And we will take no gold! For as long as my name is Dragon Boy! Man of Dragons!"
>he sits back down giving glares at the other party members. They just look like they want to die. The barbarian sits forward to say something but stops himself and just shoots daggers at the Druid for bringing his cousin into this.
>sigh and have the king accept the generous offer of doing this dumb quest for free.
>dragon boy acts like this for the rest of the session, everytime he encounter enemies like theives or bandits, he would exclaim how he, the "man of Dragons" would wipe this world of their wicked deeds.
>every side quest he would take, he would do the same "perfect hero" bullshit and would decide what the party did because "he was their courageous leader"

>session ends and everyone packs up to go home
>dragon boy starts going around to everyone "we did great guys, oh man I can't wait for next sesh!"
>everyone just stays fucking silent, except for the Druid who politely forces out a smile and says "yeah! It will be...fun!".
>Druid leaves with cousin and on his way out mouths "sorry" shaking his head.
>the rest of the party waits 5 minutes to make sure they are gone, before freaking out and just yelling about how much they hate that guy.
>start begging me to throw the campaign. Tell them that I don't want to just throw it obviously, but that I'll think of something.
>warn them though not to throw it themsleves, cause we both know that if they did, dragon boy would probably throw a hissy fit or some shit.

>spend whole week thinking about how to throw the campaign and not make it obvious. Bonus points if I could make it dragon boys fault.
>eventually come up with something

Summon dogs or something with a keen sense of smell, order them to sniff out the enemy. Rip open a bag of flour. Pour liquid on the floor. Fling ink or paint. Retreat and place traps. Retreat to a location which will reveal the enemy (hanging vines, muddy ground, sand, etc). Use a potion, scroll, spell, or wand prepared for this particular occasion. Alternatively ignore the enemy and continue masturbating.

Same way he deals with everything else: Liberal application of Napalm

Come on man i gotta hear how this ends.

Fill the area with fire, attack places that should be on fire or aren't.
Or just weather their feeble attacks until they die to the flames.
Or stand there and round-attack every turn if they're melee.

>fighting against zombies
>the zombies recognize that the ice would break and kill them if too many got on it
>at the same time they're trying to fight someone who they want to kill
>as people who probably wouldn't care if they died considering how they're already dead

this sounds like a poorly-written D&D campaign.

Tinted oil
Take strategic defensive position, preferably with reduced exposure to ranged enemies and spray it on the ground around
Invisies trip and fall and reveal themselves, then set the oil on fire if you suspect all of the invis are already revealed
With ranged invis, you're mostly fucked unless you've got any huge area attack and/or radar

Not a crazed gunman, an assassin.

Our priest cast Create Water.

It worked well enough that the encounter left after a little while. It wasn't probably going to lose, but the chances of it killing us all without being hurt in return got a lot lower.

I don't think undead give a shit about that, though.

Why didn't you just boot him like normal people?

He just swings his vorpal greatsword around wildly all the time, whether there are invisible enemies around or not.

Can angels even get drunk? Aren't they immune to drugs?

Ambrosia dude

Can't be invisible in every spectrum at once.

I have this vision of a 12 year old kid socially dominating a room of 20 year old D&D experts.

Why not

Isn't Ambrosia just divine food that heals con damage? Kinda remember something about it healing on first try and dealing damage on second.

user...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambrosia

See supernatural cunt.

By being nonexistent.
My character literally gave up anyone being able to perceive or remember him as his pact with a dragon.
His way of actually defeating the invisible asshole, though, would be a series of spells. the first merges the Wake/Vigil with reality, letting him kick up to Gnosis 45 because of his synchronicity with the 'God' of Magic. In his new demigod form, he took the power to perceive invisible creatures, as well as an immunity to damage from mundane stuff. Once he's located the invisible foe, he'll finish the fight by either dropping his "everything is now Bullet Ants" spell, or using his Create spell to produce either an Azide compound or FOOF.

That doesn't actually sound awesome. I don't watch GoT but why would zombies be smart enough to avoid the ice breaking, and even if they did, why would they care? They're dead already. Seems like poor writing.
In a Conan story or something, the zombies would attempt to mob him, and their weight and footsteps would break the ice like glass. The hero would be swept away in the water, viciously clung to by zombies, as they tried to pull him into the water. The hero would prevail through sheer toughness and athletic ability, rather than being lucky that zombies were for some reason afraid of breaking the ice. Taking on zombies in waves of only a few at a time just isn't all that cool, I can't imagine it being enjoyable to watch unless the zombies were portrayed as skilled fighters.

I think the zombies are hive-mind controlled by their leader. not completely sure tho. So they move as he commands them to do

Well what's the difference?

Wights are controlled by the white walkers, who aren't retarded. And I don't think Jon was actually on the ice himself, they just had to cross it.

They're being puppeted by Wights.

Oh shit I forgot, they like to call Zombies "Wights" and call Wights "white walkers" in GoT.

Well one's a profession and the other's a mental sickness.

They aren't wight-like in the book. They're dark fey. The show changes them into Spooky fucking undead faggots, and now it looks pretty fucking stupid.

The ears are just pointed enough that if I squint I can still pretend they're elves

Scorched lake in this case... Sorta...

>Not asking the technician to "Hunt and destroy"
Hahahahaha what a pleb.
He actually works.
t. Paladin

Somebody in the makeup department had Witcher 3 on the mind while they were doing the job.

this kid looks like a top tier for a dumb hero campaign, i dont get why you all got so upset

Plus, it makes for a mean recip for spiced bread in a pinch.
The DM might frown upon using rare and exotic ingredients for such a use however (Peppers and chilli weren't exactly widespread, or consumed so lightly, for most of human history)

Yeah, that fucking annoys me. It's pretty disappointing.

and it reuslted in better designs then the ones from season 1.

I think thats actually just ice on his ears

It does help to be a scion of merchant family.
He's very well thought of by the accountants, since he takes notes on his travels as to the best routes and what goods would be in demand in the various settlements he has visited.
Only time he got things wrong was when that giant took over a mountain pass...