If Imperium and Orks were the only factions left which one would win the war of attrition?

If Imperium and Orks were the only factions left which one would win the war of attrition?

If the Imperium only had 1 enemy to focus on, that enemy would be obliterated with ease.

Orks lose as hard as humanly possible.

Orks.

Ork's retard clap your hands magic beats Imperium's retard logistics.

but it was said that if all Orks united no one would stand a chance either and if Imperium was the only enemy they had it's safe to say they would unite into a massive WAAAGH! at least for a moment

I guess it depends on whether the whole Beast of Ullanor shit repeats itself enough times.

I play IG, so regard this biased opinion however you want.

The Orks relish war, and in 40k there is nothing but Battle of Kursk level shit going on fucking everywhere. The Imperium is struggling to hold it together despite everything, but they are holding it together.

I'm aware of the facts that Orks replicate more efficiently and "If they united, they would steamroll everything". I would question their ability to unite into so large a faction, however, and even if they did, there's no way it would last long (CiTaTiOn needed). And beside all that, Orks are just as likely to turn around and fuck each other up - sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

The Imperium on the other hand, ARE united (sort of), they COULD maintain their command (probably), and they COULD conquer the galaxy (maybe). And historically, they have (albeit with a fucking God leading them).

But in a straight up numbers game of attrition? The guys that grow from spores win.

Or they'd just fight each other like they already do. Orkz aren't very organized.

They'd fight each other until a boss got a proppah WAAAAGH put together. Then you get something like the Orktarius war where they just keep coming because they heard you're fun to shoot at.

Both factions alraedy fight the entirety of the setting's other factions on the regular, but I feel like the Imperium is the one that has to hold against the most shit, and is still standing. I feel like erasing every other faction is going to be more of a relief for the Imperium, while making the orks fight among themselves more than before because for the vast majority of them their current enemies just disappeared.

Of course, with some time, a warboss might start to snowball his band enough to get a WAAAGH big enough to threaten the Imperium, but even then it'll still be only one threat compared the dozens that disappeared.

Wasnt this the case for thousands of years? The Imperium never managed to completely erradicate the Orks.

Well this. The imperiums greatest enemy is Chaos and they probably account for the largest portion of Imperial strength and even then they manage to hold back the nids, orks and all the rest. Free up those resources and the Imperium would not only then have more men and equipment to bring to bear, but large tracts of it would find themselves no longet on the front line. Good chance the research and advancement would probably start to pick up. Eventually you'll have the Orks united into one massive waaagh but they'll be fighting a mankind that looks more like it did during the great crusade or even the DAoT

if the imperium had only orks as enemies i could see all the assassination temples beign 100% dedicated to kill any ork that looks like he can take leadership, if you let orks do their thing for too long then a giant warboss is bound to show up but if you keep them without leadership then they keep acting like dumb animals, also fire, lots of fire, from orbit if possible

I'd give it to Imperium.

Orks would win if they got their shit together. However we love them for their inability to get their shit together.

Than never happened in the thousands of years when there were no Tyranids, Necrons, and Chaos crusades were rare.

What? During the DAoT mankind was pretty close to comparable to the necrons technology. Take out all their threats except for one, leave the bulk of imperial space free from all conflicts and see how many STCs they find and use to push themselves ever further. Wouldn't take long for them to get pretty fucking advanced.

Imperium through non-frontal means

I'm sure they can come up with some Ork AIDS

I'm talking about the thousands of years when the Imperium only had internal threats, Renegade Marines, rare Chaos incursions/crusades, and Orks.

>STCs

Meme. It was meant for the most backwards colonies.

Which is still a lot more than just orks. Chaos alone not existing, or not being a threat, changes everything about everything.
Sure tell that to the Speranza. Firing backholes through time and hitting an enemy before you actually fired it is pretty fucking God tier, forget the panacea, Iron men and the rest. DAoT humanity would wipe out the orks

And the backwards just starting out DAoT colonies had better tech than the Imperium does now.

Beyond that, the Baneblade (IIRC) came from an STCC, where it was classified as a Light Tank.