Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Armored Edition

Is your character's armor part of their signature? Is he easily recognizable or does he blend in with the crowd when ready for battle?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/6HjrnNZG
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!cnxVHQpK!2tHhVXCabl5sgB5mEbKB5Wdu1VRDnA4GDTXHnPlHeMY
youtube.com/watch?v=3hmlPtRu1SQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Touhou

"I want to get stabbed" armor.

Did Dead Suns leak yet?

it looks like a fully functional design to me, itd be weak to a mace to the upper chest, but everything else it would protect against, stabs included

What did they mean by this?

Custom Power Armor for taking out angry ysokis

Yyyep, Leakanon dumped screenshots of Incident at Absalom Station a couple threads back.

Dump starts here: Or download here: mega.nz/#!cnxVHQpK!2tHhVXCabl5sgB5mEbKB5Wdu1VRDnA4GDTXHnPlHeMY

Thanks, user.

Real plate armors have a "belly" both to help deflecting blows and avoiding mortal stabs in case of rupture.

SPLAT THE RAT

What did he mean by this?

this I think.

RIGHT IN THE CHEEK POUCHES!!!

Then you know nothing about armor. That design is suicidal as it redirects the full force of any blow (including from falling flat on your face) directly into your sternum, making it really easy for you to be killed. There's also no room for padding to absorb any of that impact, real plate armor is padded to fuck.

Yo I wanna fuck that Fairy

What's the best place to put some Adventurers from 48th century Golarion who have been preserved in stasis for a Starfinder game? Where in the galaxy would be a cool place to find some archaic adventurers?

Probably in goo pods on Aucturn, where strange aeons have come and gone without the touch of the Gap.

Put them in a ship found floating derelict in deep space. The adventurers stumbled upon an alien space ship and unknowingly locked themselves into stasis and blasted off into the infinite blackness.

A dragon's trove on Triaxus as priced treasures, trapped inside a gelatinous cube that has over the years turned effectively into amber.

>Jurassic Park but with cloned PF full casters
Fund it

Are all our clones women?

Until they begin transforming into men to reproduce amongst themselves!

Or, you know, find somebody of their own race and reproduce normally?

>allowing guests to fraternize that closely with the exhibits
You just aren't cut out for this line of work, user

There's an elixir for that now!

>Not allowing guests to fraternize that closely with the exhibits
You're sitting on a gold mine, user

>redirects the full force of any blow (including from falling flat on your face) directly into your sternum
sex negative feminist bloggers on the internet are not a source of truthful knowledge user.

Sasuga Chiruno.

A sex park full of r63 clones of famous people sounds exactly like the sort of thing Eox would have.

C1: It is, and he very much stands out, being 16 feet tall, dressed in red full-plate wielding an axe bigger than any human.

C2: nope, just armor. She blends in with the crowd, but this was her intent.

>ye ancient armor
You know they used those giant shields for a reason right? And armor is primarily designed to make things be directed away and never land solid hits.

Boobplate does have issues where it can guide weapons into more effective hits.

>sausages!

Posting again because fuck this:

My GM seems to keep putting us against humanoid enemies who are complete fucking bullshit. He's said 'I don't think classes can give you as thematic set of abilities as just giving them what feels appropriate', which to me translates to 'Yeah enemies will just have what ever the fuck I feel like'.

Here is an example. We were on a train going like 60 miles per hour. We know we're being pursued by bounty hunters because we fucked up and had a huge bounty put on our heads.

Out of fucking nowhere we see something kicking up dust behind us. It's literally just one guy chasing down the train. We assume the worst and have our range try and take pot shots at him. While running the guy grabs the arrow our ranger shot at him and threw it back, except when he threw it the arrow punched a hole in the train car we were in. Eventually he got on the train. Now comes the really bullshit parts.

>me and him in a car with the rest of my part as support
>GM says he suddenly disappears from vision as he blurs
>says he 'time stutters'
>guy is already behind me and still running towards the head of the train
>huge dodge bonus to AC
>gets an extra standard action he uses randomly (GM says it's like the raksasha floating standard)
>guy says he's "Ortensio Scioscia, Fastest Man Alive"
>his hands glow two different colors
>when we shot him with a spell he catches the spell in one hand and shoots it out of the other powered up
>he can do this as an immediate action

We couldn't outrun him, but after he broke the engine of the train we were on we injured him enough that he retreated. This is only one of a bunch of fucking stupid ass characters hat appear to kick the shit out of us.

>A sex-murder park full of r63 clones of in/famous people sounds exactly like the sort of thing Eox would have.
FTFY.

I want to play a Starfinder!

Westworld is canon in Starfinder.

So is Medieval World.

Imagine RotRL done up by Eox or Apostae developers!

Sounds like your DM wants to play freeform RP but is using a tabletop to bait people in. Take his books and light them on fire because clearly he doesn't fucking use them anyways.

What did you expect? He's literally the fastest man alive.

no one is strong enough to pierce armor with a sword thrust user. it is completely irrelevent

Hey LeakAnon, any chance you have the GM Screen? I'm tempted to print it out and tape it to cardboard.

It happens all the time in the Hobbit.

But it could be done with actual warhammers or via certain sword techniques like the murder stroke. It even puts you at greater risk from arrows and crossbow bolts. Or y'know lances were a thing too and part of the difficulty in 'winning' a joust was actually getting a solid hit on your opponent.

Going for a magus with 25 point buy, thinking tiefling. Should I reach for a 14 con, or is 12 enough?

Going to have a batman parody with a vigilante princess and her maid who builds all her equipment. What class would be good for the maid?

Artisan?

warhammers swing tho, they cant be thrusted in between the boobs

>Touhou 17 leaked Cirno concept art

Are you implying that somehow a warhammer swing cannot be guided to a place where it is better able to find purchase?

Run, Barry!

RUN!

>wears what can be charitably called uniform of the Legions of Terror, with a black/read color scheme and a billowing black cloak
I am going to say blends into a crowd.

This works, I wasn't looking at 3pp. I was trying to find an alchemist who focuses on gadgets that other people can use.

What is the name of the new doll constructs that came out last month, that make craft construct useful before mythic levels?

I'd breed it

Having female warriors at all is unrealistic. If you're going to complain about lack of realism, why ignore that?

How so?

Physically, they're much weaker than men. Psychologically, they're just not wired for it. Why do you think every civilization in history has used men for its warriors?

Not to mention that they had the wombs. You don't go send your baby incubators off to die.

1 man and 100 women can pop out a 100 kids in a year. 100 men and 1 woman can pop out 1 kid in a year.

You keep the ovens alive because all you need to do is add batter. When all you have is the batter... you need an oven.

There's problems organizationally, rather, is where the psychology element sets in. The right training can turn anyone into a killing machine, man or woman. And there's plenty of statistical outliers that make great soldiers in females too.

However many women without any men to hate on quickly start to turn on each-other; something we see far too much of in schools and offices, where the environment goes not so much toxic as 'radioactive nervegas'

youtube.com/watch?v=3hmlPtRu1SQ

I want to play Dead Suns!

Then you'll have to wait for a /pgg/ campaign!

Then you should run a game for the thread!

You can, though-the book is available as a PDF on Paizo's website, and Leakanon dumped screenshots just a short time ago.

But I don't have the book, though I heard it's really really good and atmospheric!

It's not like you'd run one anyway, dork!

Shut up, baka!

I mean, you never DM for /pgg/ anyway, you cowardly dork!

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

Realism pedantry is a cancerous blight.

Loser!

Anyone has the PDF to the book?
I've bought mine but it's in transit right now.

System Shock campaign when?

Did you check the repository before asking?

I'd rather play a Space Vampire game, honestly.
Give people the space succ.

Check the links in the OP.
It can't come soon enough.

YAMETE

I want to be a cyberskeleton! A glorious fusion of metal and bone!

Seriously though, user, the first book is out. You have no reason not to run it.

The form I have been promised is more beautiful than even that. They told me I will float through the air and strike at the foes of our biomass with my mind!

HOLY SHIT IT'S COOLIO

bumpo?

Glorious, brother! To be so blessed.

Depends on the level you start, if you start at low level and you want to be Str Magus, Con 14 is the bare minimum. If you start at low level and you're a Dex Magus, you can survive with Con 12

Ready when you are.

split the difference at 13 and boost it at 4 or 8 with your ability bonus

See: Now run it, you pussy.

Fine, maybe I will! It'll be really cool, but I'll only run it for my friends on the Cabal.

Good!

It sounds like you're a fucking faggot. People who throw shitfits because enemies have unique abilities are actual retards, get rid of them from your group.

What's the most versatile Magus?

Also I'm thinking of being a Maverick Thronewarden Gunslinger because I get +1d6 to Bluff, Sleight of Hand, Sense Motive, Perception and Profession Gambler. What's the best VMC to keep the skill monkey train rolling?

If a >=Large enemy starts my turn flat-footed by my Shatter Defenses, can I make a full-round action Death or Glory attack without provoking the immediate action counterattack from them?

So has anyone looked at 3pp for Starfinder yet? There are some things I'm tempted to buy, especially RGGs "Starfarers Companion" and FGGs robot book "Cosmic Odyssey: Service Bots and Synthetic Companions".

Starfarer hasn't been released yet, and not even a preview, but it's supposedly going to have a ton of the old races and classes ported over.

Cosmic Odyssey: Bots looks to be exactly what people want for a construct robot race. Reading from the review for it, it seems you get to completely customize it via picking various parts. and they have a ton of example bots already statted up.

There's even a cheap ass pdf to generate starship names and a traveller style character generator that can kill you in generation.

Probably Hexblade-hexes open a lot of doors for the class in terms of utility and non-burst skills.

i made a table comparing two types of drones up to lvl 6 in the starfinder thread
here it is in this thread too, double check my math plz

You know, I usually don't complain about partially exposed skin, but when power armor is involved it seems kinda off