1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables

So why were these guys founded?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jötunn
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_jötnar_in_Norse_mythology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Strategic Prognostication - "Our tarot cards say there's going to be a threat here, maybe. Found a Chapter!"

When were they founded?

Rolled 49 (1d100)

37th Millennium

Who is their progenitor?

I'm good with color schemes

Let's wait a bit to see what their feel comes out as.

Rolled 85 (1d100)

Imperial Fists. These are the sons of Dorn!

How pure is the gene-seed?

dice+2d6

Rolled 8 (1d10)

The most pure for the most loyal, I'd hope?

oh nooooo

Altered Stock - Gene-seed is altered and some implants are deficient - roll on Gene-Seed Deficiencies table

Oh nooooooo, that sucks.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Ah, jeez. Tell me doc, how bad is it?

Multiple instabilities - roll d3 more times on the table, rerolling multiples of the same result.

Oh no. It's bad. I rolled a 1 on the d3, so I guess it's not as bad as it could be.

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Here comes an impurity.

Oolitic Secretions - Weird-coloured skin. Yeah, that's it.

So what color skin do they have?

I propose translucid, showing all the veins and hinting at the muscles and bones

Like those artificial tissues grown in labs that are white-semi transparent

That'd be rad.

So who is their figure of legend?

Rolled 40 (1d100)

Freakazoid but still loyal sons of Dorn; the raddest

The Chapter Master! What did he do to be such a cool guy?

Is there a higher resolution version of that image?

Rolled 71 (1d100)

Let's find out, shall we?

The figure led an action against an Eldar craftworld, boarding it and inflicting grievous casualties before withdrawing.
He and his Chapter are especially hated by the pernicious Eldar, for whom the event is still fresh and raw.

Stupid space elves.

What kind of world is their homeworld?

Dunno.

Rolled 67 (1d100)

Space elves rocked by Unyielding Sons, more at 11.

Medieval World. I can only imagine what the inhabitants think of the local translucently skinned sky-warriors who kill elves from space. What's the terrain like?

Rolled 57 (1d100)

What we determine here is how comfy their home is, and possible aesthetics.

Ice world. Alright.

How directly do they rule their planet?

Rolled 5 (1d10)

See-through skin on an ice world? That doesn't sound great.

I propose the name Drauger for our chapter.

Distant rule. So the sky draugr come now and again to take away some of our people to become one of them through a weird ritual. Nice.

How strictly do they adhere to the codex?

Rolled 5 (1d10)

I hope not at all.

The real question is, how fortified is the Drauger's Fortress-Monastery? We are sons of Dorn.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Maybe they're bogeymen? Sounds pretty spooky to me.

I hereby disavow my roll in favor of

They have a unique organization. What is their combat doctrine? (pls be Terror)

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Here's to hoping.

Did we skip the demeanor?

I respectfully nominate Jotunn or Ice Giants as an alternative name
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jötunn

They can live underground due to the inhospitable conditions of the surface, explaining their mutation

"The Naked Mole Rats"

Thunderhawk Assault

THE DRAUGR COME UPON THE WINGS OF THE DRAGONS TO SLAY THE FOUL ALFAR!

And yeah, we did skip demeanor. What are they like?

Rolled 8 (1d10)

I like it.

>Thunderhawk assault
Infinite sadness.

Could work I suppose, but I think those would fit more if we had more direct control.

>THE DRAUGR COME UPON THE WINGS OF THE DRAGONS TO SLAY THE FOUL ALFAR!
Nevermind, I can approve of this tactic now.

We could also call them Jotnar,
and them being ice giants gives a lot of good resources for individual names
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_jötnar_in_Norse_mythology

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Hopefully something suiting the rugged cold of their home world?

I think all the nordic icy names would better be reserved to honorific titles inside the chapter, not to an actual chapter name.

That or include some imperial sounding word together with the nordic one.

Ooh. I know
was first, but the "No Mercy" demeanor fits really well with an ice world

>more direct control
sorry, control of what?

I abdicate my vote, in favor of No Mercy.
Also my point was that the name Drauger fits for mysterious people who just take others from time to time, Jotuns would have more direct rule over the planet.

Suffer Not the Work of Heretics - Heretics?

So they also make sure that the population worships the Emperor. Maybe this was an Eldar world pre-fall, and they left relics and such that the local population used to worship as idols, and the true faithful worship the Emperor as an Odin-like figure, and the Primarchs as other gods? Dorn as a Thor like dude?

Since they have a unique organization, what do they not field?

Thank the Emperor, No Mercy is cooler.

Rolled 24 (1d100)

No Scout, No Scouts, No Scouts.

They have massive relations problems due to their appearance, for which they suffer a lot. They thus take refuge in the Emperor and its religion, being good battle brothers of the echlesiarchy, that welcomes abhumans and deformed beings as long as they purge heretics

No assault marines, but that's pretty bad. Reroll.

Scouts have exposed skin, these guys could almost always wear armor, like Dante

Rolled 60 (1d100)

Oh, okay. I like that.
I do think they should have a big-ass castle though.
Natives struggling to survive in the dark tunnels carved over millenia, battling the hideous monster worms and creatures that live deeper below, terrified and awed of the transparent giants that come on wings of thunder and claim the most courageous of them.
Or maybe they send the best heroes as a fearful appeasement. If the bravest and strongest do not willingly go to certain death, they think the world will end?

Also, maybe there should be a population of Nightsiders there. Not to be recruited, but maybe inhabiting the darker regions of tunnels.

No devastators. Bit weird for Imp Fists, but it works.

What special equipment do they have?

the heresy guy abdicated for No Mercy

>Natives struggling to survive in the dark tunnels carved over millenia, battling the hideous monster worms and creatures that live deeper below, terrified and awed of the transparent giants that come on wings of thunder and claim the most courageous of them.
>Or maybe they send the best heroes as a fearful appeasement. If the bravest and strongest do not willingly go to certain death, they think the world will end?
How about both? Depending on the part of the world.

Is no assault marines that bad?
These guys focus on air support and transport, and as Imperial Fists they have at least some focus on fortification.
What if they can't field assault marines very well because the constant storms and cold on the surface are too intense, but there's no room to use them in the tight tunnels.
Only by using heavy-duty thunderhawks can they survive on the surface, to circumvent tough cave fighting.

Rolled 52 (1d100)

Rolled 16 (1d100)

No one else is rolling, so fuck it. I was trying not to since I got a bunch of not very great rolls.

I was hoping the "No Assault Marines" meant that all fielded troops were also assault marines.

Actually, that's pretty good. Let's go with that.

Blessed Wargear: It is common for members of this Chapter to have their Wargear blessed by a Chaplain before battle. Doing so puts the Battle-Brother’s mind at ease and more focused on the task at hand.

What beliefs do they have?

If it's not Emperor Above All, with the stuff we've rolled, I will be annoyed.

Rolled 39 (1d100)

Calling Honor the Ancestors or Death Cult

I fuckin love these threads, I just wish the non-human races had better roll tables.

So focus on very adaptable Tacticals for tunnel fighting (flamers, bolters, melta, melee, maybe Reivers once they get Primaris) and gunships, speeders etc fast air assault on the surface.

DOOOOOOOOORN!

Revere the Primarch - "Our Spiritual Liege is better than yours!"

Dorn is the best, so it works.

Oh yeah, what strength are they at?

Rolled 1 (1d10)

The STRONGEST

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Everyone has off days.

YOU FOOL! YOU'VE DAMNED THE DRAUGER!

Endangered: The Chapter numbers only a handful of Companies or less having suffered devastating losses in combat, accident, or dramatic genetic instability. If recovery is even possible it will take many decades, making every Battle-Brother (and his Progenoids) an invaluable resource.

Oh no. Who are our friends we can maybe call upon in this time of dire need?

>YOU SEE YOUNG SPACE MARINE
>THE GLORIOUS FISTS WERE PROUD TO SACRIFICE THEMSELVES TO PROVE THEIR PRIMARCH'S POINT
>AND THUS THE MORAL VICTORY WAS OURS

That just makes them more secretive, less well known and terrifying.

Rolled 49 (1d100)

EMPEROR! GUIDE MY DICE!

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Maybe the Eldar have been manipulating our enemies into whittling us down, as revenge for our glorious victory?
And we're starting to realize that it's not just abysmally bad luck that's made us lose so many?

>The fucking Drauger, fuckers who look like god damn corpses with how pale their skin is, flying around on thunderhawks, and not using Assault Marines, who fucking HATE Heretics.
>Friends with the Sisters of Battle.

I can dig this. The Emperor truly guided my dice.

Soraritas. We've got Valkyries now.

Who are our enemies?

If we're having spooky deathly marines who like massed aerial assaults wouldn't the Wild Hunt be more the bunny? Maybe they think on auspicious battles the ghost of Dorn himself leads them into battle

Rolled 99 (1d100)

THEY'RE our assault forces.

Don't forget the blessed weaponry.

I vote for Heretics, because as seen above, we fucking hate heresy.

Other (choose one force or group, such as aliens (see below) or heretics or a specific cult)

Let's go with that one Eldar craftworld.

Also, I have to go gents. Was fun. Feel free to continue this thread.

Honestly, I like this a lot more, if only because I think making blatant references to video game stuff is lame as hell.

Can we make a summary once every 100 posts?

>video game stuff
You DO realize Drauger are a thing from norse mythology, right?

We've rolled everything, we should list that now.

Origins: Strategic
Date: 37th Millenium
Progenitor: Imperial Fists
Purity: Altered Stock
Deficiency: Oolitic Secretions
Legendary Figure: Chapter Master
Deed: raided an Eldar Craftworld
Homeworld: Icy Medieval
Rule: Distant
Adherence: Unique
Doctrine: Thunderhawk Assault
Demeanor: No Mercy/No Heresy
Not Fielded: Assault marines
Unique equipment: Blessed Wargear
Beliefs: Revere the Primarch
Strength: Endangered
Allies: Sororitas
Enemies: Other (Craft World?)

Sons of Dorn, with pale see-through skin. We fly on wings of dragons across our frozen homeworld. To the people we are almost godlike, despite our small numbers, and they give offerings of their bravest warriors in the hopes to appease us. Despite our lack of assault marines, due to the intense storms of our home, we field a large number of other marine types, all with weapons blessed by a Chaplin. We fight side by side with the Sisters of Battle more often than not, and ruthlessly purge Heresy from the Imperium. Our great Chapter Master once lead an assault on an Eldar Craftworld, this assault is likely why our numbers are currently so low.

Imma go beat my head against the wall for a bit

We should decide on culture and organization to start painting them up in colors

Definitely shades of like, white and light blue.
Maybe some black to contrast.

I propose their close ties to the SoB lies in the fact that the SoB are merciful and love the hideous marines as siblings.

These guys should have tons of problems with imperial forces if they uncovered their faces, being abhorrent to see

Maybe mostly light blue, with black under bits? With the fist, because we're god damn Fist successors we need a fist in our heraldry, in black as well.

I like it. Despite out hatred for the Heretic, other Imperials would despise us due to our appearance. Even our captains wear their helmets.

That should make them outcasts among other chapters, even their fellow Fists successors, not helped by the fact that they're so rarely seen.