/cyoag/ CYOA General

Previously on /cyoag/: Pasta: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13707742/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Last thread's low-effort OC with some edits. Snuck in an extra option.

It's called Westboro (yes, not the best name choice ...), and it's a pretty clunky mess with a horrid translation. But if you like brutal cyberpunk ... it's good. Brutal violence, oppressive aesthetics. Controls are weird, but combat is fun, short and brutal.

Mystery box. To be taken after making the first choice.

Note that it's totally optional and changes the genre and theme of the CYOA if you take it.

Brutal brutal brutal.

I can't mention its brutal brutality often enough. Brutal.

strawpoll.me/13707742/r
I find it both amusing and satisfying that Tok is being beaten at his own game.
And pitiful.

I voted for Tok because of your post. I will always support a bullying survivor. I'm sorry.

... you do know that Tok has a background of bullying /x/, right?

Don't worry, you got me to counter your vote with that post, because I'm an insufferable contrarian.

I didn't vote, all those cyoas with [contest] tag are shit. Even the other low effort cyoas on that subreddit are better, or at least more original.

You. I like you.

I did not know that. Now I regret voting for a bully, thereby hurting his victims by endorsing his behaviour.

Ask him about his telekinesis tricks and /x/ when he shows up again. He's always proud to tell that story.

Post my cyoas.

>Autist goes out of his way to show other autists that what they believe is autistic.

Shiba.

Satan stop catposting.

In the spirit of fair representation, diversity and equality, should we include more bkack characters into cyoas? To the authors, why do or do you not include black characters in your cyoas?

Yeah... Convincing crazy people to put "magic" rocks up their butts isn't really hard. They do that all the time with little outside input.
Taking four years to do it is actually kind of... What's the word? Underwhelming?

Because no one wants to be a nigger

>bkack
>kack
You've sub-consciously answered your own question.

I secretly do. I can only confess this on /cyoag/ but I have fantasized more than once about being a black warlord or diety of an arabian desert in a fantasy world. I can't explain this. I have never seen a black person irl so maybe they have some mythological appeal to me.

As long as they're cute girls, sure.

>Straight hair
>Small nose
>No prognathism
This character isn't black. She's some polynesian or maybe an arab.

I'm impartial about black, but delicious brown is criminally underrepresented.

>Black
>Arabian
Your ignorance is irritating to me.

>prognathism

Don't go there. If japanese anime girls can be drawn without collapsed maxillas then black anime girls can be drawn without prognathism.

Mythological big black cock you mean.

They can be cute when they have lighter skin. I think any waifu section with more than one human should have a nice light skin girl.

That's one of their major identifying features, so it being absent makes them look nothing like the actual thing.

Isn't it all the same? Aren't arabs basically black people with a more mocha skin?

They're ugly so no, I don't include them.

Doing things that don't interest you in the name of social justice is a recipe for poor creative expression. Do things you actually like, and don't be ingenuine with yourself or your audience.
That said, I've seen some cute chocolate. They won't be character's in the CYOA I'm making, though, because it does not contain any characters. It's more of a power picker.

No, Arabs are more like white people with more mocha skin. They're Caucasoids. Even if you just limit it to physical appearance, the only thing that makes them look different other than the skin is the long noses.

Is this worth the 15 or so dollars?

Anyone got that point buy yandere CYOA?

I remember the kiddie fiddler cyoa that was made as a reaction to this.

What is your cyoa about and can I use it to fulfill my fantasy of the week: running my own nightclub which doubles as a hotspot for all sorts of paranormals and supernatural creatures?

Also, Therese > Jeanette.

I had an Egyptian girl in KAIFU. Does that count?

Vote for the future! Vote for what could be!

user it's bait. Ignore it and move on. He's been at it a few times before.

>black
>posts a non black character

Also no, they're fucking ugly

Unless one of them has a benis, you won't get my vote.

Casual.

Not him but it depends on how much value you place on visual novels. If you like VNs, I felt it was above average in terms of presentation and writing. I paid $15 because the devs are cool guys and I wanted to help them out, but otherwise I might wait until it's on sale.

There's a small amount of /v/ meme humor thrown in there but overall I thought the writing was of high enough quality to recommend to people not familiar with visual novels. Just remember that the core theme is you're viewing a cyberpunk world from the perspective of an uninvolved citizen, not participating as a main character.

Egyptians are related to Berbers/Arabs, so no.

I deleted my post about black characters in cyoas. The majority of you were very civil but it broke my heart to read some of the more racist, neonazi responses. Thank you for taking the time to answer me anyway.

How about this?

Did Therese remove the cushion from that chair before sitting in it? Otherwise, she's really short.

Blacks aren't allowed to play my CYOAs.

please leave and stay gone

>Not having a chair with REALLY high sides so you can feel young again

It amuses me so much that some anons here will call them ugly when literal models like that wouldn't even breathe in user's general direction. Sour grapes.

I'd rather not be subjected to the smell of shea butter and chitlins, so I'm good with that.

>mfw I can only vote once for SDA

It's not the skin really, a brown 2D girl is cute too if she's drawn like the rest. It's when you put the black features that they turn hideous.

>Eronomicon has 102 votes
Fucking contrarians.

If you like cyberpunk, VNs and enjoyed games like Snatcher and ROM i'd say yes.
The lowest price I've ever seen was 33% off so not much.

Does second place get a prize?

I think I've learnt I'm into VN's with something beyond lots of text. I'm really looking forward to the Miskatonic VN because there's walking, and this one has some crafting drinks mechanic. I gave up after 40 minutes of reading Fate/Stay Night, didn't even get through the intro.
My favorite part of RPG's is reading and talking to people, solving issues with diplomacy first.
I'm picking Junko. Also how many options do I need to include in my not!Waifucyoa in order for it to be good? Right now I'm only at two, then the waifus. I'm hoping I come up with something to add after the waifus.
Also thanks for the guides. I remembered how to do a thing with shadows, and how to do those fancy borders.

They get Reddit gold... whatever the fuck that is.

I want a waifu with too many eyes.

The darker the chocolate the more refined it tastes and the healthier it is.

It means you get a shiny icon next to your name and when people look at their account they see you got a bunch of gold and upboats.

Go for it then, but keep in mind that the drink mixing is generally very basic and easy. It exists to serve as your only real way of influencing the story by sneakily getting characters drunk and changing the amount of money earned at the end of each chapter.

A waifu cyoa can never be "good". Still, to be functional as a masturbation tool I'd say you need at least a handful of options.

>Also how many options do I need to include in my not!Waifucyoa in order for it to be good?
If it's a waifu-centered CYOA, quality over quantity, to be honest. Write more for less characters, since the whole point of the thing is to appeal the characters. Flesh them out and take the space to make then interesting.

I would say that any less than 6 ish is a bit too small. I wouldn't say there's an upper limit, though.

Can we stop calling waifu pickers "cyoas"? We don't call furry erotica "anthropomorphic animal romance novels" either.

>Waifu CYOAs are used as masturbation tools
But i thought waifu CYOAs were used to imagine the kind of stuff you two would do together. You know like Holding hands

Cute, quiet and emotionless albino waifus please.

I am okay with this. I like having multiple options to solve the problem.
>Write more for each person
Can do.
I was more asking
>How many sets of options do I need, outside the waifus?

If I'm going to be honest, I was really only using it as an excuse to complain about Andromeda. I'll stop now.

It's just a piece of /trash/ that involves directing the evolution of an ecosystem of alien parasites. It's more of a Zerg/Nid or Resident Evil feel by default, but the toolbox of biology that I intend to hand the players could theoretically be used to create some sort of spooky underworld of classic movie monsters to attend your attempts at club ownership.

But it's garbage, and a long ways away from being presentable.

I actually think waifu cyoas are cringetier autism. Then again I'm only recently able to play them. Now that I've become Veeky Forums and have a succesful job I feel worthy of the girls. My heart goes out to the girls who get soulmated to people like the fatposter though.

can you kill yourself

He can, but probably won't.

I'm a big, kind person with lots of love to give. Who are you to say I'd make a bad partner? Fuck you. I'm going out for taco bell and a caramel macchiato.

I've got plenty.

I can't really tell you how many sections you need to include; that entirely depends on the quality of your presentation. If you can flesh out a likeable CYOA in one section, then do it. A good and immersive setting along with good context and likeable characters is all part of the formula

waifu cyoas =/= masturbation cyoas, there are some waifupickers with barely any lewd material

unfortunate

What world do your waifus exist in? You need as many options as are required to establish their context, while not so many as to bog down the actual "point." Ideally, those contextual options should also provide the player some incentive.

I wish I could draw, I need pics of weird things like bearded toads in an anime style.

>waifu cyoa
>good and immersive setting
>good context
>likeable characters

>write a brick

There are waifu CYOAs with more substance than plenty of other non-waifu CYOAs, user.

The bar for quality isn't exactly high.

>92 posts
>11 are CYOAs
>2 are replies to CYOAs

Spamming CYOAs make threads die faster and don't encourage more builds.

U wot m8?

>If you can flesh out a likeable CYOA in one section, then do it
I can't.
>setting
I'm trying.
>world
I'm adding that don't worry.
>player some incentive
Haven't figured that out yet, sorry. Only that it's nicer to be here than outsid.e

(you)

thanks for adding one more useless post