Archery

What's the best class for archery? Fighter, Rogue, Ranger?

Can a Paladin range smite in 5E?

Blade Pact Warlock

Dead.

Fight in melee as a real man you scum

yes

Out of these three it was always fighter.

>DEX is needed to use bows

I never understood this, to even draw a bow back you have to have some strong arm and back muscles
By this logic, shouldn't Fighter make the best archers?

Then I vote for Paladin

Shouldn't run speed be STR based?

Shouldn't Medicine be INT based?

Shouldn't Initiative be WIS based?

A lot of things should be other things, the point is design your own game and then everything will be as it should

He's lying to you, they can't And you know damn well banishing smite doesn't count

Because the idea is that accurate shots are better shots. This is far from the truth in combat, where you just need to launch a lot of arrows into the general direction of a large mass of targets, but in smaller scale combat there might be a point behind this. When there are ten people in a given room only five of whom are hostile, accuracy trumps power.

>Because the idea is that accurate shots are better shots.
but perception is wisdom

>perception is wisdom
it is not about perception but about hand-eye coordination, or whatever who cares?

hand-eye coordination is DEX

realistically combat is very MAD, but D&D isn't hung up on realism, with good reason.

I had a DM who insisted you need STR to escape a grapple, I screeched at him that he was retarded.
Like realistically STR would probably be a MUCH better way to get out of a hold, but if it was the case in DnD than my rogue would be a lot more useless than he already was.
Spent half an hour explaining this to him while my PC was grabbed only to get my way and then rolled a 2...

No, the other user is lying to you.

Well you're supposed to be able to use STR or DEX to escape a grapple

that makes sense, it was a while ago. so I might have explained that to him, but I remember he wouldnt let me roll DEX for it, until we stopped the game to argue about it.

Fighter is the best for pure archery. Fighter>Ranger>Rogue. Go for ranger if you want spellcasting and hunter/beastmaster flavor, go rogue if you plan on sneaking a lot. Otherwise, fighter.

If it says Weapon Attack and not Melee Weapon Attack, then yes. So, read the rules.

No, but a Fey Pact Warlock can

Fighter, always. You can get some rogue for basic sneak bonus on bows but its a bit hard to set it up.

More feats, higher attack rate and base attack bonus.
Depending on how permissive your DM is and what races he lets you roll, you can always roll a race with 4 arms and use 2 bows at once.

Anyway, warrior.