Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Slaaneshmas Edition

Old Thread >Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning new planet. But for how long?
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BV3roWM0DSs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Slaanesh of course

After Morty, maybe. But it'd be pretty cool if there is three Daemon Primarchs abroad and Girlyman is completely over-stretched and then BOOM Lion turns up.

Also FIRST FOR CUTEDAR

1rd for chaos

Is death guard confirmed for sept.23?

Are Rubrics marinelets, or them being their armor means that their space Egyptian hats count towards their height?

This is very important btw.

Reposting for new thread
What are y'all working on today?

>Not releasing Death Guard on 7/7
Flavour fail desu

Too many heretics in this thread. Commence purging

>not ghostrider ferrus manus

No, and you're dumb if you ever believed that "leaked release schedule" garbage. It's already been wrong once, if DG release earlier than the 23rd (and they almost certainly will) we can put that stupid fake shit to bed.

You're gonna have to give us a little more to go on.
I'm very well aware that GW has teased Fulgrim, but it seems way too early to release them for xmas this year.

First for inter-species diplomacy.

Tell me, are slaanesh daemon playable in 8th edition with no CSM?

Yes, the hats are a part of their bodies, so Rubrics are the tallest Marines. Anyone saying otherwise is a double furry and uses loaded dice at their FLGS.

That's why I'm asking, faggot

Yet it was fun seeing people sperging how gw would never release two codexes the same day, then it happened

They just did primarch sleeping in stasis for millennia rewakens into unfamiliar world.

That pic is fun until you are informed that the little friend there is dead

>9-11 hour days
Shit, user I hope you at least enjoy your job.

Zarakynel is pretty insane, but as always Slaanesh lacks the Punch and is super fragile.

Any Mono-god daemon list struggles tho as Daemons have always been designed around being undivided to be competetive

Mono-Tzeentch with Magnus is still playable though

They'll just have the Lion crying in a cell for centuries and woke up because he can now make up for his past mistakes. Cypher escaping at the end of the Gathering Storm 3 was clearly building up for it; why else did he get a new model with Lion's sword?

I doubt Corax, Russ, Khan or Dorn are coming back now. Sanguinius is dead and will probably be the last to come back for ultimate shekels.

I think that's because people were assuming all codex releases would come with new models even though GW already said otherwise. With the rules-only releases being double codex it makes more sense.

thinking about killing myself trying to paint them to a decent standard

>no raptors
And? Raptors honestly haven't impressed me much this edition. I had the choice between raptors or Havocs and I went with Havocs because I feel they're more useful. If you're referring to the leadership "bomb" they have, again, I haven't been impressed with it. I love Raptors, but I'm just not feeling them this edition.

>split terminators
Why? Because "lol MSU Ld drain ecksdee" with the Legion Tactic? Taking 10 terminators in one group is much more dangerous than 2 small groups because A) split fire is a thing and B) they share buffs. I cant use Prescience on 2 squads of 5 not can I use Endless Cacophony on both, either.

NL legion tactic is better used as a bonus rather than something to try and abuse. You CAN abuse it, but you're just jumping through hoops for something less efficient than killing your opponent. I don't know about everyone else suggesting to stack all the negatives that NL to Ld, but I actually play. You're much better off using to pick off a few more dudes.

Russ is the most likely candidate to actually come back after Lion though, because of Magnus and Spacewolf being a special SM Codex.

Vulkan also would make sense.

How will Guilliman overcome four Traitor Primarchs?

Apreciate any feedback I can get on this list.

Chaos lord 97
Bolt pistol, power maul, jump pack

Chaos sorceror 133
force sword, plasma pistol, jump pack

Chaos sorceror 102
force sword, bolt pistol

Exalted Champion 70
teeth of the hydra, bolt pistol

10x Chosen 172
champion, power fist

10x Chosen 172
champion, power fist

5x Chaos marines 78
plasma gun

5x Chaos marines 78
plasma gun

5x Chaos marines 78
plasma gun

5x Chaos marines 78
plasma gun

5x Chaos marines 78
plasma gun

30x cultists 147
3x flamers

6x warp talons 162
6x pair of lightning claws

5x Havocs 117
4x plasma guns

5x Havocs 117
4x plasma guns

5x Havocs 117
4x plasma guns

3x Obliterators 195

Hellbrute 124
Twin lascannon, combi bolter

1998, alpha legion, 9 cp (2 batallion)

Using his Main Character plot armour.

Going to work... I hate it. Barely gives me the time to work on them nor the money to buy them.

>Cypher can't get to the Emperor's room to prove he's Chaos
>Cypher realises that Girlyman was permitted to see the Emperor
>Cypher breaks into The Rock and frees The Lion, giving him his sword
>Cypher then hopes the Lion will go to the Palace and talk to Emperor
>The Lion does and in the Emperor forgives him and sees he wants to repent and goes on a grand crusade again
>Cypher gets butthurt and carries on to prove Luther wasn't Chaos or something

Who is the Smashfucker of this edition? I.e., the one that can take on any enemy and survive/win the fight?
I hope it's not girlyman

btw the chosen are armed with bolt pistols and chainswords

With the help of Omegon, his twin brother

girlyman

fuck

You can make the nu-Smashfucker now. 2+/3++.

Speaking of Guilliman's armour, I have a few questions regarding it.

Since the armour sustains his life, is he unable to take off his armour?

If he can't take it off, does he reek of BO?

Finally, if he reeks of weeks of BO all the time he must smell like a FLG, so does that make him /OUR GUY/?

A hellbrute has to take a melee weapon.

Draigo can get 2+/2++. Nothing against mortal wounds tho

How is this for my first army (a 1k Kult of Speed army)?

Warboss on bike (Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw) - 115

Boyz x12 (Power Klaw, Big Shoota) - 107

Trukk (Big Shoota) - 82
Trukk (Big Shoota) - 82
Trukk (Big Shoota) - 82

Warbikers x3 (Power Klaw) - 106
Warbikers x3 (Power Klaw) - 106

Lootas x5 - 85

TOTAL: 979

We hear an awful lot about how the Imperium gets things down from space, in the form of drop pods, drop ships, drop KEEPS literally castles that are dropped from orbit that contain bloody knights but how do they get things back up again? Like in BFG they have transports that are over a kilometre long at the smallest, how do you get ore/weapons/booty/troops up to this orbital super-freighter?

He can take it off now, does so a few times in the dark imperium novel.
Dah dah da-dah, dah dah da-dah...

Needs more colour

girlyman is hands down the single deadliest cc model in the game, honestly even against a knight errant with might of heroes he can kill it most of the time.

Sisters of Battle are cute.

Oh, OK.

Nevermind then.

Any fun games anons? Played another game Wednesday a 1000pt per side 2v2 where we got absolutely stomped by some nicely painted Tau and Crons. Would you anons like a batrep? And what is everyone up to?

missing21points/10

Draigo and Girlyman are probably better. You could argue nu-Smashfucker isn't even legal.

I mean technically a GM in NDK can get a 2+/2++ AND a 5+ vs Mortal Wounds. For 3 CP

>NDKs are Vehicles.

>want batrep
sure
>what are you up to
Finish painting my bikers and play ultra despair girls

I-I'm gonna need the rest of that image.

>Mfw that doesn't include today yet
Can we just appreciate this man and how he ALREADY HAD a fully painted Guardarmy with those hours?
Fuck the haters man, ragging on RGG should be bannable after seeing that.

That marine looks oddly comfy

Looks straight out of a Gondola thread

That's a really short retcon. GS3 was literally out for what, a month?
Personally I kind of want a scene of a Magos armouring up or taking off his plate, since I imagine he'd just keep going down to the chassis and bolt his "civilian" gear on instead. Or just activate another body.
There was a pretty cool moment in one of our Rogue Trader games where the group Techpriest (Executor, so outwardly he just looks like a dude) got his arm slashed open, and he just grabbed the wound and tore the synthetic flesh off the arm so he could move better with his inbuilt Chordclaw. We were perhaps the second most dysfunctional superhero group ever, even before we fucked up the Big Damn Heroes insertion and fell off the back of the plane. I miss my group.

With lift-pods.

Maybe deadlist in the codex, demonforge brass scorpion one shots him in melee.

repainting and rebasing my old 4th edition Kasrkin

That's it.

ye

just fly it up? usually dedicated smaller transport craft fly stuff up and down to either a transport ship directly or to a big docking station where stuff in loaded and unloaded and then put on the right transport ship
there are also orbital lifts to transport stuff up and down on some planets

Brass Scorpion is also twice his points-cost. Then again so are most Knights

Good to corrupt.

regular chaos marines with a single plasma pistol squad will do a whole lot of dying.

18 chosen without weapons of any kind will do a whole lot of dying and not much else.

Ironhands biker captain warlord chaptermaster with iron resolve, stormshield, shield eternal, and thunderhammer.

Two things. First of all, the release order of the Primarchs. It's obvious that GW has an alternating pattern going on - Magnus/Guilliman/Mortarion/Lion/Fulgrim, but then what? The final Chaos god is Khorne, so who would the loyalist be? Russ?
Secondly, market saturation. A GW store only has so much space, my local one is tiny. There is a risk that all these new releases may face limited in-store runs and then being put into the GW Exclusive system, because of space limitations. What say you?

oi

fachk yuh

Never.

So is Mark III basically a Gravis version of Mark II

>GW store birthday tomorrow
>Tempted to buy burning of Prospero for my Iron Warriors conversions so I can get free stuff
>Free stuff is crap though
>probably should wait until payday before big purchases

Hmmm

First of all my ally brought about 7 models total and me about 40 so already we were outnumbered by the HORDE of drones and Warriors both Fire and Crons that our opponents brought. We got first turn and we tried focusing down the Necrons only killing a few Warriors who would come back next turn.

Why don't the Admech have psykers? I mean, Forge Worlds are populated worlds, it shouldn't be unheard of for a random worker's kid to be a Psyker.

>painting Death Guard which have tons of spiky bits and random things sticking out
>yearn for the autistic repetition of Guard or Orks

Grass is greener right?

Hi Glasgow.

The £150 reward is the limited captain for free, go for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=BV3roWM0DSs

>just fly it up?
K, with what? Is there anywhere I can find more information on them?

When's Glasgows birthday?

My local store is having its Birthday on the 9th of September (Tottenham Court Road) with 'eavy metal guys and Jes Goodwin as special guests.

Well yeah, because it's the orkiest grass on the ork side ya git.

Nah, OKC, and it's 185 for the Primaris captain but I don't really want him

it happens all the time. And then they get picked up by the blackships and fed to the emperor. The Admech isn't responsible for psykers so they don't get to keep them. To do so would be heresy.

in one of the Dark Heresy books IIRC, they mention that part of the implants one needs to become a tech priest require cutting out the part of someones brain that lets them be a psyker. Presumably, forge world psykers exist, but within the Adeptus Mechanicus, none exist openly (as far as I know).

Dark Mechanicus on the other hand is all about that rad as hell mad science.

as in oklahoma? shouldnt we be spending our money on meth instead?

Paint 300 khaki trenchcoats and then tell me you want the comfort repetition.

Oklahoma yes, and no, I'm the guy who works in the courthouse to put people who buy meth in jail

>no drilled barrels

I doubt I could quantify how much I want to vomit.

nice

Threadly reminder that the Angron figure is going to be GW pulling out all the fucking stops

>300 khaki trenchcoats
You have that many Steel Legion guys? Impressed. I only have about 50.

a bit of dust is not that big

>When's Glasgows birthday?

Tomorrow, like I said.

What you gonna do with your model if you get it?

Use it?

Sell it?

I'm playing Death Guard but I think its such a cool looking model that I might just paint it up. Maybe even in Alpha Legion colours who knows.

Do perils of the Warp count during trying to deny the witch? (or whatever the new rule is called)

Chapter master godzilla (Tu'shan) is pretty survivable this edition.

perils of the warp in on a psychic test

I'll make it up... I own a fairly random scattershot of marines though, and have only really fielded them as a vehicle detachment. Mostly dreads.

I own 15 terminators, about 20 scouts and some deathwatch, the rest is vehicles.