/crg/ - Critical Role General: Episode 109

GenCon 50 Edition

>What is Critical Role and where can I watch it?
geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/

>What time is Critical Role airing tonight?
9PM Eastern, 6PM Pacific on Geek and Sundry's Twitch.tv channel.

What are you guys expecting to happen tonight? Surely, Matt's got something crazy planned for GenCon 50 after stalling this long for it.

Will Vecna's undead hordes ravage Vasselheim?

Will Ashley Johnson surprise everyone and make an appearance?

Will Marisha do what she did at the last two live shows and try to seem "badass" and "cool" by cracking "witty" responses and making "funny" jokes?

Will Sam hurt his knee again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xok7bHYVHz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wanna fuck Grog

>watching youtube ecelebs

I don't blame you, user.

>Will Marisha do what she did at the last two live shows and try to seem "badass" and "cool" by cracking "witty" responses and making "funny" jokes?
Take a shot every time she does

Are you trying to kill me, user?

Look on the bright side: You won't have to listen to Marisha any more.

>He broke every rib
>tfw you will never have players this invested because they're shits and you're a shit DM

>Going to the concert to boo

On the bright side of things, Sam is running a one-shot while Matt and Marisha are verified to be gone for Burning Man.

>post yfw Sam shows himself to be a better GM than Matt.

they just wanna be done with this campaign

late game is so BORING

>Guys I met Travis and he says Matt is actually a huge dick in person
>Laura and Ashley are always fighting off camera

Depends on who you're playing. For Martials, late game is a little repetitive since you're not getting as many neat tricks as before. For Casters, though, you've never had more options. A level 18 Bard is literally at the top of their game, with arcane spells and bardic inspiration out of the ass.

>Guys I met Travis and he says Matt actually has a huge dick on his person
>Laura and Ashley are always fucking off camera

dont need to be off camera to see how much laura and travis absolutely HATE marisha

So why do people hate Marisha again? I am just starting to watch (Friend showed me it, watching from the beginning)

Her character seems annoying but I cant tell if its just her yet (Holy shit I wanted to die when she picked a fight with the Paladin for no reason, and every time she "mistrusts someone" just cause)

Also the episode with the Beholder and the one after were awful
>Everyone arguing over their plans
>Sorcerer guy trying to Metagame
>Sorcerer guy getting pissy and miserable
>Sorcerer guy packing his shit as soon as someone gets the killing blow
>Incredibly predictable plot twist with Clarota
>The DM having to tell them flat out to fucking flee after heavily hinting they should GTFO
>20 mins of arguing about unfreezing Lady Keema for no reason

Overall it's pretty good for background noise tho.

Anyone else think that after this campaign ends the group will start to fizzle out?

>Everyone still attached to their characters and wont want to make new ones
>Half them will probably pick the same class before getting forced to change and be miserable
>Tensions will finally boil over

See, all those annoying traits you see with Keyleth and Marisha? They don't go away. In fact, in some respects, they amplify. Over 100 episodes, you'd think someone would learn their character, or grow as a person, but nope! Very little actually happens, and her entire character arc is basically an un-abashed rip-off of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I don't think so. Or at the very least, Sam, Travis, and Laura won't have any trouble in that regard. During the one-shot, and Sam's portrayal of Taryon, makes me think he'll probably be alright.

user, they are all playing characters, except for Matt who is just jealous that Marisha gets Mercer's dick and not him

no, new campaign is what the show needs

they're all bored and eager to try different things

imagine playing the same fucking class for 5 years

5 minutes, lads.

Its a mix of and >She built Keyleth around her real life anxiety because she was new to the group
>Fucking 5 years later she is the same character
>She doesn't feel that way at all anymore
>Now has to keep up the act and play a character she isn't at all interested in
>She is the worst actor on the show to begin with
>Compensates for her inability to role play by being 100x more obnoxious with it

I think once she gets into a different role she will be better. She has some character quirks IRL for sure, but I think she might make a good Paladin/Bard

Holy shit, thank you. I feel like I was the only one who noticed. They're so tired of her shit.

>Everyone else plays a hero type character
>She plays a flawed character with no self confidence
>Is always going to be the rock in the soup
>Even worse she is a Druid

>mfw marisha's next character is an outrageous female gnome bard called scanlyn who sings song parodies for inspiration

Stream's up. Should start very soon.

mention it on plebbit and everyone will legit pretend that they all love each other, it's like those autists cant pick up cues

I guarantee every drive home travis and laura are talking about what the dumb redhead did this time

Honestly, part of my favorite thing about the show at this point is how salty Laura and Travis get when Liam or Keyleth rev up the pointless angst.
She would, too.

Yfw Keyleth causes a TPK and Matt has to asspull some retarded way to revive them so that the campaign doesn't get stretched for another 20 weeks.

Are they ending the campaign after tonight?

he better have a fucking planetar mini this time

Wouldn't they just start over, then?
Honestly, that's kind of what I'm hoping for. Marisha fucks up so badly she quits, and the rest of the group starts a new campaign without her or the perpetually absent Ashley.
Possibly. After the last few eps were really slow, a lot of folks think this one is supposed to be the big finale.

I don't think they necessary hate her, I just they are all incredibly sick of/bored of playing their current campaign and every long RP session just adds to it.

It's like when you just want a movie to end and they decide to squeeze in ONE MORE SCENE

Depending on what Mercer has planned I can see it ending tonight or next week. This is supposed to be the merciful end of the campaign.

I doubt it. The campaign is 5 years old now and they are all fucking sick to death of it (Players and viewers), especially after spinning in circles for two months to hold something off for Gencon

let's be honest, they're not gonna end the campaign without some crazy episode with 13 different guests

They should have finished it and done chargen or new campaign brainstorming at GenCon. That would be novel.

I meant start over with a new campaign, not this one. Sorry.

For the next campaign, who do you want to be playing what, and who should be the players?

> Taliesin
Something like a Half-Elf Sorcerer/Paladin multiclass, mainly as someone who is a bit less "fuck yeah Science, fuck no Religion" person.

> Travis
Human Blood Hunter or Valor Bard. I want him to be playing a person with an actual INT score and can contribute battle plans.

> Laura
Human Artificer. Something similar to what she's playing now, but with a bit more magitech to it.

> Sam
High Elf Wizard. I want him to get access to even more magical powers.

> Marisha
Preferably not on the cast at all, but if she HAS to be there... Half-Elf Rogue. Play something that is a lot simpler to do/perform on, and doesn't have spells at all.

> Liam
Dragonborn Cleric. No edge, just a scaled holy warrior.

> Ashley
I don't think she'll be part of the main cast, but will be one of the more frequent guest players they have during the early summer and dead of winter months. Let her play a Gnome Bard, someone who can come and go as they please.

I think tonight will be them returning to Vasselheim and helping fend off a siege of undead monsters, and the session after Gencon will be the finale.

how long until they start?

>Marisha
>Preferably not on the cast at all, but if she HAS to be there... Half-Elf Rogue. Play something that is a lot simpler to do/perform on, and doesn't have spells at all.

I don't really mind her much at all (It's mostly her character I fucking hate) but she deff needs to be something simpler. I would make her a Barbarian or something

Any second now

For Travis I won't be satisfied by anything less than a full-blown, mad caster.

Judging by this prancing retard on stage another 20 minutes

Someone remove this guy please.

Why the fuck is Ashley never around? Her roles don't seem as busy

Fuck that he is blowing the fuck out of Crit Role reddit (Who have done nothing but bitch about it being a live show for weeks)

I think bryan is smart and likeable, fight me

>Music super loud so you can't hear if Keyleth gets booed

lel

Oh god, what is sam wearing.

His dick in a box duh

>No Ashley yet again

Jesus Christ what the fuck is she doing now?

Travis has said he doesn't want to go from Grog to a full-blown caster, and wants to wade into that end of the pool slowly.

But if he does decide to go full-blown Wizard or Cleric for next game, I'm down with that. I just want him to be the tactician of the group is all.

Thank fuck he's finally done.

>That big gap between Marisha and Liam
Makes me think

>The audience is louder than Mercer
Good to see G&S continues to be absolute shit at audio.

A leotard with a cube positioned where his junk would be at, in reference to Scanlan's cube, which is how he describes his junk in-game.

I feel like they're trying.

live audience is always shit

>WOOOOO

i seriously dont understand why people watch this show. its so awful and every characters is a mary sue

A kid fresh out of community college with a business degree and no prior experience would know how to do audio better than these chucklefucks.

No meanie-butts allowed >:(
This is sarcasm

>It's an Ashley Johnsonless episode

Into the trash it goes

>It's a "Marisha and/or Liam might die episode"
I'm sticking around for a bit.

Marisha might literally die since she has hyperhydrosis

Isn't that just excess sweating?

Wait, really?

We are what, less than a minute in and Liam already started the "btw im dying"

yes

Yes. It's on the reddit page.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xok7bHYVHz8

>That thumbnail

o god

Nice.

>everything takes x10 longer

sick

10/10 so far

God, this is just terrible.

9/10
No fight so far.

I agree.

So instead of Vecna fight, we get prank shenanigans with Sam. At least the live audience won't fuck up the fight this way.

I guess you take what you can get.

But oh man, this is lousy.

>tfw you will never be Mercer liking Marisha's sweaty pits

> Matt ripping up his notes so far

Yeah, this is totally for the shippers and smut people of the community.

>Marisha

ew

That's fine, honestly they should just do one off comedy oriented campaigns for the live crowds.

Even let them be non-canon with Vox Machina

Holy fuck Mercer looks pissed. He obviously wanted this to be serious

It's why I feel like he would make a very good Eldritch Knight for his next character. Play up how smart he actually is with a character who has a decent INT score.

Do you guys think Matt has a sweat fetish?

Marisha chose a weird time to finally RP a wise character

I'm near certain he's going for the Bloodhunter, he's been so hard on the idea of lycanthropy ever since they met the werewolves in the Feywild.

Yeah he doesn't look happy. I dunno about pissed, but he's being very quiet and very grim.

I feel bad for him.

She isn't as bad at D&D as she seems she just picked a fucking horrible character

As soon as they got on track again he perked up. It must be hard to deal with the dicking around when he already had all this shit planned for tonight

Jesus get your audio together fuck

...Dammit, you're right. He even took some time looking around the library (after learning to read) for books on Lycanthropy.

Still, a man can dream.

Holy shit this show came off the rails so hard Matt is going beat the fuck outta them after the show

>No freedom of movement
>No deathward
>No pike
They're fucked

They're not going to be fighting Vecna tonight. Tonight it's being set up as the, "Defense of Vasselheim" episode.

i haven't been watching, is the crowd as awful as everyone assumed

I'm not watching atm either, what exactly are they getting into?

Worse.

They gave the audience mics for some retarded reason, and the start of the show had the balance favor them.

i'm watching this going off the rails from the beginning now, does it get into serious narrative at any point

Fucking around in Vasselhyme

Yes, they finally got around to it and shit is getting real. I am guessing they will be having a marquee battle tonight (Probably not Vecna)

This piqued my interest by obviously I donno what is going on.

Someone gimme a very very quick recap as to whats going on