Warhammer40k general /40kg/

Chainsaw man edition
>Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning new planet. But for how long?
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for the Drukhari!

Well that is simple use for those extra bits

4/10 Better than the old Khorne Berzerker sculpts.

Let's start this thread right, post your favorite model in your collection, I would but I'm at work currently

Anyone know a download for the Beast audiobooks?

Daily reminder that Chaos is winning!

When we win this planet, Konor will be cut off from warp communication and will be subject to fierce warp-storms, ushering in a great doom for all the planets in the system, even those that Chaos 'lost'.

Slambo

>tfw chosen

Asked earlier but no response.

Can I please get some feedback on my 2,500 point Imperial Fist list?

Nice try, Carnac.

Is the Astropath for Guard any good? I have one of them and 3 Wyrdvane psykers but I'm not sure which is better.

>play centre for autistic children

+++BATTLE REPORT INCOMING+++

(reposting from Wednesday night)

Hey guys, posting a batrep for your amusement.

I played a fun (albeit shorter than I would have liked) game tonight, my first in 8th edition and my first at my new local store.

Points was set at 2000, Steel Legion Imperial Guard vs a custom Astartes chapter called the "Storm Lords" (I think? can't remember exactly). Both armies were almost fully painted, so the game was a lot of fun to watch unfold.

I tried to take a picture at the top of every phase of every turn, but of course missed 2 or so. I will do my best to recreate what happened each turn from memory using my records.

Enjoy.
Pic related is the IG force, a full Battalion detachment with 12 command points.

My list consisted of Yarrik in the center, supported by a company commander, two astropaths, and a priest. A shady vindicare assassin is just off camera to the left, too cool to be photographed.

The meat of the list is two conscript platoons of 50, 4 scion squads of 5 with melta/plasma led by a tempestor prime. A squadron of leman russ executioners and 2 heavy weapons squads of lascannons provide some punch, and 2 defensive searchlights support the infantry.

It's rounded out by 3 salamander scout vehicles (chimeras) and a twin punisher cannon vulture for close air support.

Learn to read, friendo.

>100 conscripts

wow you jerk

Here we have the Storm Lords. I am not an expert on Astartes units, but he took a good mix in his list, opting for balance.

The chapter master rides a bike, while the librarian is on foot. A land raider crusader is the battering ram, tac squads and scout squad are the meat and potatoes. He took 2 dreads including the new big guy for extra punch in melee.

you realize theyre giving this one to chaos so they dont have a bunch of whiny fags complaining because imperium didnt lose once

Astropath isn't bad since you get a 1/3rd chance smite and the ignore cover power. Wyrdvanes are poop.

Beautiful army user.

The rolled mission was "RELIC." We agreed to use my custom "randomized battlefield" rule, dropping a fair number of terrain pieces on the table and then rolling 2d6+scatter to let them drift randomly. The final terrain placement is pictured here, along with deployment from the Astartes POV.

Astartes easily finished deployment first (he was almost done by the time I was done calling reserved units) and would go first. Initiative was not seized.
And here we have deployment from the IG POV. I definitely got the lucky side of the field as far as terrain went, with a nice wall of cover anchored by 2 structures. Conscript platoons are too big to ever get cover bonuses, really, but my taking this side of the field denied the smaller and tougher Astartes a cover bonus while they advanced on the relic in the center.

I ended up being hard pressed for space, and crammed conscripts shoulder to shoulder with lascannons and the russes to get that reroll 1s aura on as much as possible.

The vindicare just said "meh" to the whole idea, confident my 12 command points would be used on him if necessary and just parked himself on top of the nearest building. I put the searchlights up there, too, where they would get cover and clear LOS to mark targets.

Salamanders and the vulture took the flanks with the hope of forcing the less numerous marines to split their numbers and chase my mobile stuff around fruitlessly. We'll see how well that worked.

>Drukhari!

As an imperium fag, is it wierd that I'm pleased to see my enemy score a legitimate win?

>EU strongly Imperium sided last few weeks
>This week EU not even on the map
>Massive chaos gains all of a sudden
really makes you contemplate

Nice try, Carnac. As flimsy as your defense of Be'lacuck the Pointless.

>Storm Lords
They sure aren't painted like actual Storm Lords. But maybe he doesn't give a fuck or isn't aware of them.

Hey man, just want to say that I appreciate you for posting actual content on this board. Thank you for raising the signal-to-noise ratio of this place.

The words are right there.

You appear to be trying to refute reality itself. A task fitting for one such as you.

I'm more intrigued by these regions

last week it was NA that was on the fence, now its a solid imperium region and its the EU that's looking like it will be the important swing region

Since most of you guys are spacefags would my necron triarch stalker's twin heavy gauss cannon be able to bring down an imperial knight?

Twin heavy gauss cannon - Heavy 2 str 9 Ap -4 D d6

>chaos winning the planet
>loosing the region based in a warp storm

i know its not GWs fault but this seems like something they would do without the players input

She's not done, but this is my new Daemon Prince.
Her and the Herald I'm working on will be done before this week of campaign is over, netting another four points for Chaos at my LGS.
>primaris kiddies ate through all their allowance
>imperiums forces weakened
shocking
I don't actually care about the results anymore, too blatant with rigging, I'm just using the points as motivation to keep painting and having fun with the different weekly missions.

Turn 1 opens with the Astartes confidently into the center with their Land Raider as the speadhead. A Tac squad and the Librarian are mounted inside, ready to snatch the relic at the earliest opportunity while the dreads smack away any space peasants.

The land speed storm takes a combat squad of scouts up the Imperial right flank looking to harass the searchlights and deny the main IG line its accuracy bonus. The bikes move up on the IG left, blowing through the ruins to get in the shadow of the structure anchoring the IG's left center.

The first volley is fired to the tune of an orbital bombardment, consuming 3/4 of the Astartes command points right off the bat. The blasts are called in right on top of Yarrick, catching him, the Company Colonel, priest, astropaths, a lascannon team, russes, and both conscipt units in the radius.

By the time the searing flashes are over and the dust has settled, perhaps half a dozen conscripts are dead, the center russ has taken 4 wounds, one lascannon crew is reduced to charred skeletons, and both the priest and Colonel are reduced to 2 wounds. Yarrick takes nothing, he's seen worse.

The dreads and crew-served vehicle weapons unload into conscripts, felling another 10 or so. The ones behind them pile the bodies up for a bit of cover, stuffing corpses into the windows of that wall. From downfield, the pred unleashes all 4 lascannons into the center russ and takes off another 2 wounds.

End of Astartes shooting, and a conscript unit breaks, takes 2 steps back, watches Yarrick execute a guy, then turns back around and resumes their postions.

1/2

Oooh. Are those Soul Drinkers?

Ok boys, how does my list look? Going full blown heretic daemon engines/vehicles.

Spearhead Detachment

- Warpsmith - 76
- Helbrute - Helbrute fist w/ heavy flamer, Multi-melta - 156
- Defiler - Twin heavy bolter, Twin heavy flamer - 203
- Forgefiend - 2x Hades auto cannons, Ectoplasma cannon - 211
- Maulerfiend - Lashertendrils - 152
- Maulerfiend - Lashertendrils - 152
- Heldrake - Baleflamer - 185

Spearhead Detachment

- Warpsmith - 76
- Helbrute - Power scourge, Twin heavy bolter - 132
- Helbrute - Missile launcher, Twin lascannon - 147
- Chaos Predator - Twin lascannon, 2x Lascannons - 190
- Chaos Predator - Twin lascannon, 2x Heavy bolters - 160
- Chaos Predator - Twin lascannon, 2x Heavy bolters - 160

2000 on the nose.

I don't really like the forgefiend but thought I should at least add one for thematic reasons to at least have one of each dinobot.

This list isn't meant to be hyper competitive just a fun little list that hopefully can hold its own against other standard lists.

It's a classic base race, which amuses me

Anyone play today?

I had a game against GK as Ministorum/Guard. Unfortunately we had so little terrain because the other table took all of it. We had a lot of forests, but no good LoS blocking terrain so I felt a little bad for my opponent. He had a Grand Master with a super hammer, a Librarian, a Land Raider with the flamers that had 5 Terminators in it and it must have been about 30-40 Grey knights, I couldn't tell.

I had 2 Tank Commanders, Celestine by herself, Yarrick, a Commander, 3 Infantry squads, 30 Conscripts, 4 Bullgryn in a Chimera, 9 Crusaders, 8 Death Cult Assassins with a Priest and a Canoness in a Rhino, a Basilisk and 2 Armored Sentinels.

Highlights were his Grand Master smashing open my Chimera after I charged it in, then 2 Bullgryn rolled 1s for it being wrecked, then he Smited another for 3 wounds, then smashed another with his hammer. Bad game for the Bullgryn because I thought the hammer would do D3 damage, not a flat 4. Another highlight was Celestine charging a unit with incinerators and failing 6 out of 7 3+ saves. Death Cult Assassins also diced up his Terminators super good. I ended up wiping his army, which was a shame because if we had more terrain to use, the game would have been more fun for both of us.

These two are my favorite.

Astropaths are great for Guard. The ignore cover mechanic is nice, especially if you find yourself up against a power armor unit in cover. They are cheap, and they are really awesome for giving Conscript blobs a 4+ save and Bullgryn a 1+ or 3++ save.

The speeder and its scouts drive-by a searchlight and take it out in a hail of heavy bolter fire. With the final parting shots of the turn, the marine scouts unload their sniper rounds into the ministorum priest and kill him with 2 6s to wound. His head explodes in red mist, taking my double attack bonus with it.

----

IG is up. Seeing the Storm Lords move their Raider 13 inches away, I have either the option of advancing and eating their charge, or pulling back 6 and forcing them to take another round of shooting. I decide to pull back a bit, making a marine charge risky for him to try, and throw a salamander into the center to force him to move around it and waste inches.

The vulture jets off the left flank while the salamanders hunker down in the corners for better accuracy.

Shooting phase. I light up the Land Raider, give the Bring it Down orders to both lascannon teams, planning to fire on the juggernaught with everything in my army. I don't need to.

In the master stroke of the game, my first lascannon team levels their cannons and fires 3 AT lasers into the approaching tank. All 3 hit without any searchlight support. All 3 wound. All 3 saves fail. 16 wounds inflicted from 3 hits. In a single salvo, the Raider is wiped from the field, taking 4 marines with it and leaving a smoking crater behind.

Bereft of their primary target, the rest of the IG goes nuts and shoots at everything. The surviving marines and librarian retreat under fire and lose another half their number before finding some ruins to jump into. The vulture hoses the bikes and drops 2. The vindicare knocks 2 wounds off the Librarian with his Exitus rifle, and the right flank salamander even knocks out the land speeder.

Things are looking good for the 27th Steel Legion.

2/2

>Puff words to build up stakes totally mean that even though Chaos got reamed constantly if they squeek out on bare win they'll totally win the event.

And you honestly believe it. Sad.

Turn 2

The Storm Lords are quick to recover from the thrashing they got charging into the imperial center. The rhino drops off a combat squad of tac marines, who use the vehicle as cover while securing the relic. The chaddanaught lumbers up to the center salamander, intended as a roadblock, keen to punish it for over extending.

The chapter master moves up on his bike, as well, and the bikes circle the structure on the imperial left center to threaten the russes with bike-mounted meltas.

The bikes fry the left russ, reducing it to slag before turning to charge the left flank salamander. Snipers drop more lascannon teams with help from the dreads, who don't want to see the heavy weapon platforms get another round of lucky shooting in.

---

IG is up. The left flank salamander just throttles away from the bikes and makes for the enemy deployment zone, threatening to get a VP for it unless the bikes chase it. The vulture circles around and strafes the scouts, wiping all of them if it weren't for 3 lucky FNPs. Triple boxcars keeps them in the fight.

The right flank salamander also jets forward, taking the scout squad on a chase back across the board same as the left one. All over the field Tempestus scions rain down in their grav chutes, unleashing melta and plasma into the remaining Astartes armor units. Amazingly, they only manage to cripple and not kill either dread. It takes 180+ FRFSRF lasrifle shots to finally drop the pregnaught, losing its last wound to a peasant-operated flashlight.

The conscripts advance and, at the Commissar's order, charge the remaining dread in order to get some distance across the field. They do 2 wounds to the walker, which drops 2 of them for their trouble. Amazingly, they pass morale.

>if I disagree with the words, they don't matter or exist

Amazing.

[LINE HOLDING INTENSIFIES]

It's turn 3 and the marines need to make something happen. Fortunately they have grabbed the relic and run of with it, hoping their dreadnaught and character units can bog down the imperial hammer long enough to stall out the win. The backfield tac squad turns and engages the scions that grav'd in behind them and melta'd the chad, easily felling 4 of the 5 in a single charge.

The chapter master drives his bike between the smoking wrecks in the center field and slams into the conscripts, adding his melee powerhouse to the dreadnaught to try to swing the battle. The librarian won't let the honor be all his, and also joins in the fray. Conscript bodies pile up, and by the end of it 22 die in a single round of combat while only doing 2 wounds to the characters and 1 to the dread.

---

IG. Despite the carnage in the center and the relic fleeing further and further away, Yarrick doesn't seem worried. He raises his klaw in the air and signals the last remaining searchlight, which illuminates the astartes captain on his bike. The FRFSRF order is given to the second conscript unit, and the Get back in the Fight! order to the mangled one which withdrew from the melee. A total of 260 lasrifle shots kill the Librarian and reduce the warlord to 1 wound, which the Vindicare prompted robs him of with another Exitus shot. Warlord slain.

Meanwhile, the vulture has completed its maneuver and gatlings the tac squad with the relic, killing all 5 retreating marines in one round of shooting and forcing them to drop the precious objective. The plasma russes overcharge their cannons and vaporize the bike squad on their left, scions on the right anchor structure rapid fire down the scouts, and the left flank salamander skirts into the enemy deployment zone. The game ends bottom of turn 3 with complete Steel Legion victory.

I don't think the lad is Carnac, just a guy pretending to be him.

throw a rock at him just to be sure

What model do those ogyrn proxy for?

Angry parrot of truth

Its funny you say it when you refuse to admit the text that says Lorgar was elevated by multiple patrons.

If he shitposts he's Carnac, if he doesn't shitpost he's a very clever Carnac

What's the model up front with the large hammer?

Emperor's Champion is considered a name character, right? As in regards to relics?

I ask because the shit reader that inhabit 1d4chan say "hur dur make Smashfucker liek dis" ignoring the rules say you can't take the Shield Eternal on Captains in Gravis Armour. However making a T6 dude with the Ashmantle is pretty neat.

Anyway, Black Templar's Emperor's Champion is a named character, right?

Can someone get me an 888 kb file of a picture of a skull please?

>still thinks I'm Carnac

lmao

This was the guy who said BL wasn't canon, something Carnac has only said once and it was ironic 'hur hur' counter, which was wrong any way but I screencapped it for prosperity. It's easy to pretend to be him, act arrogant, not understand/read English and twist words to fit your meaning.

what did the crusaders do since they weren't in a transport? Just asking since I've been debating whether to take some.

Reminder that:

Once upon a time there was a very friendly Guardanon with a fully painted force who liked to post batreps and WIP and generally be a cool guy. His Guardsmen weren't golden demon, not even high end, but they were pointed perfectly find for how many he had (more than you iirc). Every single time he would post though, there would be one or two autistic fucknuts who would make all sorts of noise about their color and quality. Now he knew they were not great, just like you he painted them simple and clean in batches to stay sane and look good altogether on the table. The shit slinging would not stop though no matter how much of a positive force he was in this thread, like most guardanons are. Eventually it became so bad that to spare the rest of us from constant derailments and shitposting wherever he went....he exiled himself. He set out in a quest to update EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE of his Guardsmen so as to quash his detractors, never again to post a batrep till he was done. He does it for us!
Some say, on certain nights, you can still catch him posting.....always an unfinished pile of Guardsmen in his pics, forever painting.

We call him Red Guard Guy

I knew you weren't bro. You're the lad who said BL isn't canon, right? Should talk to Carnac bout that, but he ignored you few threads ago.

In hindsight, I brought a list that was too strong and I have come to regret it. This was my first 8th edition game and I was unsure how powerful this would be. In 7th I always took 2 units of 50 (1 conscript 1 infantry) and used the order + psyker + kurov's aquila buff stack to make them work, which made them good but not great. In 8th the changes to melee make the conscript/commissar combo ridiculous. I'll have to replace them with something else in the future.

I also really fucked up moving my infantry back turn 1, since I am still using a 7th ed hindbrain and reflexively wanted to put 20" between the enemy and my infantry to guarantee a round of rapid firing. When I did this, the game spectators were like "so...you're moving back? Huh...That's...interesting..."

I can see why now, since 8th lets you just disengage and shoot using the Back in the Fight order. It's not as potent as FRFSRF, but I shouldn't have pulled back and ceded ground just for a better opening lasgun volley.

I also fucked up targeting priority with my scions, who buried meltaplas into vehicles to almost no effect. Vehicles are much better damage sponges than they used to be, so these guys would have been better used chewing up infantry than trying and failing to drop dreadnaughts.

>people who care about standard of painting

as long as they're painted, I'd love to play against it. Tired of playing against grey hordes and 3 dots of colour on a model's head.

Grotesques.

How does the thunderbolt fighter with missiles do compared to its equal in points of manticores?
I'm taking the thunderbolt for cool factor but does it really have anything the manticore doesn't other than maneuverability?
I never want to see a street sign again

spergs always ruin everything. we would be better off without them around here rather than having people posting interesting stuff like that guardanon

Ministorum priest. That's a relic thing he's holding.

You know, these Goblins from LoTRs could make great poxwalkers.

As long as you don't use them in GW

Yup. He's unique.

I'm not bothered when I get shit on for posting an unpainted army, but I've set to have my army at least table top ready for my LGSs 1500 pt tourney, it'll feel good to not see a single bit of grey in my entire force, all I have left is one flyer and a squad of scions and I've got till the 2nd
Probably will batrep more after I'm done because it makes me feel like I actually have friends

>don't go using these GW models for GW models in a GW store

My bad.

Still, Chaos gonna be btfo.

Thanks. Shame, really. I've always loved the model.

Would Ork Boy shoota arms fit and look alright on Nobz? I want to field Nobz with kustom shootas.

>The shit slinging would not stop though no matter how much of a positive force he was in this thread, like most guardanons are

Someone is doing the shit flinging/posting here, and guard makes up the most numbers here.

Since they have the movement faith, I was going to faith move them, then move them up for some nice 13-18 inch movement plus charging. I didn't have to though, he ended up deepstriking nearby so I just ran up and stabbed him. They got shot a little bit, but it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't say they need a transport, but it depends on who you are fighting and what else you have. I've run them a few times without and a few times with and both ways have performed well enough. If you have good terrain, they can hide well for a counter charge. If your force is more aggressive, like you have a bunch of mech vets/scions in transports, then I'd grab a transport to help keep up and run interference for anything that tries to attack your mens.

Different guy but damn. Being forced to take the Templar's shitty warlord trait is terrible for me. Much rather that extra wound+feel no pain.

If you want a FW flyer you're better off with a dual Gatling Vulture.

I've used Crypt Ghouls as pox walkers in my games, I like the look of them a lot more.

No they won't; New Line Cinema forced GW to make them 26mm or 27mm. So they're slightly smaller than models of equiv size.

Kind of a different question, really. Black Templars are Black Templars. You have to pick Black Templar's trait.

Its a title, he isnt a named character

>BL isn't canon
These are the most cancerous of autists

Non-unique warlords of a particular chapter can choose one of the generic Warlord traits.

I strapped a regular boltgun to my Daemon Prince to represent a Warp Bolter, but I'm considering, maybe, modifying a sonic blaster and applying greenstuff instead.
My army is Emperor's Children, so I'm probably gonna get another Sonic Weapon upgrade kit in the future, should I cut the Boltgun off and replace it with a Sonic Blaster when I do? It means I'll need to repaint the area but I don't really mind that.

Fluff wise yes. Rules wise no. For example his "relic" is the Black Sword. You cannot give him another.

Are there similar gunships in the fluff like the Fire Raptor but...sleeker? I love my Xiphon, but I want something with more guns

What the fuck am I reading?

That's what I was wondering. If that's the case, I can give him the Crusader Helm or whatever. He has his own unique gear though.

Yeah but Black Templar's are unique, it says only one model per army and they're a Black Templar unit, not a whatever you want chapter unit.

This is what I thought hence asking. I'm just waiting for somebody to say otherwise.

Well argue with the faggot who said so. Carnac will argue that X and Y doesn't count as canon cause he said so, or it's 'old'.

Well if you don't mind doing it and know you're getting more upgrade kits in the future anyway you might as well do it.

He's a "named character". See page 207.

I was just asking if people thought the blaster would look better than the bolter.
I don't want to do it if it'll look silly.
I'm probably gonna hold the gun up to the model when I get it though to do some measurements I guess. Just figured I'd ask 40kg's opinions.

A couple more pictures from the game's key moments

That's what I thought but was preparing in case of WAAC/RAW fags got involved.

Considering that it has 24 wounds, even if you roll perfectly you can only bring it to half (which is still unlikely).

Test models Left to Right 1 to 4

Which way of painting skin do you like most?

From far away and at a glance, yeah. Up close and inspected, regular boy arms are noticeably gimpy on nob bodies.
Kinda depends on what exact arms you try to mix/match. Big shoota arms might look okay. Give it a try, but just know that they ARE different sizes.

The points page provides the clarity for RAW.

Blood angels anyone?

Yeah but that just says he gets his weapons for free and there is no single named Emperor's Champion, so they could argue he could bung the Crusader Helm on his head.