Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Jack chick edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
kickassunblock.net/warhammer-fantasy-flight-games-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-3rd-edition-t8445953.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I miss the GW miniatures for WFB, especially Brets. Is there any way to get a hold of those now, or should I just resign myself to third-party miniatures?

ebay

TMS made new not!Brets. Pricey though.

It's tried and true, but there are so few miniatures, they're generally expensive.

I haven't actually seen any pictures of the models themselves, but I'm not really excited for third-party models in general.

Damn it that's good.

I didn't see it answered but what happens when a Vampire commits diablerie?

The TMS Brets aren't bad most sculpts are pretty good but usually about 1998-2005 GW plastics quality similar to plastic GW Brets
Unfortunately in resin though

Forty euro.

Surely any scale compatible historical mini would do, right? How do the Perry Miniatures mounted knights hold up in comparison?

Ind soon

probably never.
I would rather get halfings and ogres.

Ind has so little written about it that it makes Cathay look like Elder Scrolls lore. I think the best anyone could do with it right now is 'it's like historical India but there's also beastmen,' which is cool if you like historical India but also rather vague and uninteresting if there's nothing more to that. At least from the bits of fluff presented in some books, you could make an army out of Cathay that wasn't just 'China but fantasy.'

>he called the coins suvarna
>ind has no use for gold
>coin's name is literally gold.

You know a game is dead when people start talking about other games in its general.

I don't know but probably not well.

It's a shame that there isn't more myhtoligical India based Ind lore, because that shit is fucking nuts.

>Jack chick edition
Why haven't there been many Christian Zealots complaining about Warhammer in any of it's incarnations?

Based on that it should be like chaos warriors in a way, super tough units but low in number. Only they are also supported by human archers.

I've always heard people say this, but I only read that portion of the Bhagavad Gita where Krishna is telling the prince to do his job and kill his family. What crazy shit is there?

I think it's because Warhammer wasn't really popular in the US like Dungeons and Dragons was. During the 90's Warhammer doubled down on Chaos cults and shit like that, but no one in Britain cared.

The only explicit instances I can think of come from Vermintide, where we know from dialogue that Saltzpyre took a number of skaven prisoners and tortured them for information.

>pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>kickassunblock.net/warhammer-fantasy-flight-games-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-3rd-edition-t8445953.html
I think that link doesn't work, or atleast I don't know how to make it work

Can't anyone put it in a Mediafire link?

Posting the image compilation I've been putting together of Araby

more about crazy animesque adventures.
Arjuna gets exiled while he is already exiled and bangs 4 chicks including a snek waifu because he interrupted his brother boning their common wife.

>re: skaven prisoners
They're mentioned in the Chaos Dwarf section of Tamurkhan. Unless they plan to kill them or immediately work them to death, they execute any they take prisoner, because every other time that they haven't, the prisoners turn out to be filled with spies, saboteurs, and sometimes deliberately infect with diseases.

Who is this Spine of Sotek faction in Warhammer 2?

A Dwarf faction based off a lore snippet in the official Lustria map in the form of a location called "Mine of Bearded Skulls".

Dwarfs. 8e mentioned Sven from 2e sailing to Lustria.

The Spine of Sotek is the name of the mountain range, I know that much. And it's obviously a dwarf faction, since the banner is dwarven - there's a slight chance it might be a standin for another faction, but I don't see why.

Otherwise all I can do is guess - I know there was a Dwarf Engineer named Sven Hasselfriesian in older lore that went to Lustria, so maybe this is based around that.

I can buy actual 6th ed KotR off ebay for that much, and they actually look like Bretonnian knights.

The shit you see in Mahabharata is beyond power levels

What is the more commonly-accepted height for Ogres in the fluff? 10ft tall?

/awg/ is putting together a list of oldhammer model producers. Could you fine gentlemen offer any suggestions? Looking for late 80s to mid 90s model style. Basically anything pre 3rd ed 40k when they went full plastic multipart kits. We have like five with large ranges already but want to make a conclusive list and keep it up to date.

[Spoiler]Don't eat a beef sandwich at a 9th age tournament. You will get banned for offending a Hindu. Remember to be inclusive to your disabled, transexuals Muslim woman of colour or you're not welcome![/spoiler]

>tfw no Digimon models or kits
>just wannabe gunpla and fapstatues

>Southern Chaos Wastes
What happens here?

About to prime this. But that's off topic

Beastmen happen there. Lots and lots of beastmen. Pray they never figure out boats.

>lustria the only place free of taint

Lizardmen confirmed master race

And High Elves.

You skipped over Ulthuan and the Dark Lands. And oddly enough, the Lost Isles of Elithis. Makes you wonder what's going on down there.

Are there any daemons or antarctic marauders there?

>lost isles

the beastmen can't find them, duh

I don't see why there wouldn't be - the Chaos Wastes to the north probably let a bunch of people roam straight to the South Pole.

Say, is there any circumstance under which an infant dwarf would be left in the care of their father for a couple of days? I just have this image of someone dropping a tankard by mistake and the baby responds by screaming "Krut!" and then the father looks sheepish while his wife glares at him.

Dwarves don't form dedicated bond pairs, a dwarf wife will be 'married' to several dwarves iirc, and children are raised in communal creches run by the women.

So not really.

Can anyone sum up 4th, 6th and 7th edition gameplay? How different are 6th and 7th compared to 8th (other than army sizes) and each other and how different is 4th to 5th? If I remember correctly, heroes in 5th were OP (hence Herohammer), and 8th involved bigger infantry blocks than normal and had really OP cannons or something.

wait what?

>Belegar gets killed like a bitch by Queek
>Thorgrim gets killed by an NPC assasin
>Ungrim watches his hold get blown to fuck
Litteraly not canon.

>thanks dude.
You're welcome mate.

>not sure how 8th plays at 2500 but always fun to read gamelists (wish that people on WFB general posted more of 'em)

I've played a couple of matches of 2500 and to me it seems to handle well. If you'd want you could put together some really cheesy lists with it.

>3000 pts I try to bring two of everything. thanks for the advice about them chariots tho!
Oh, interesting, post your list!

Prince Ograx the Great, the strongest of Archaon's champions is from there IIRC.

Never mind, i'm a fucking derp. For some reason I got my lore mixed up

Dwarves totally marry. Women in fact have tremendous bargaining power in marriage since there are so few of them.

What rot! Dwarfs love their wives as much as any manling loves his - more, in fact! And the feeling is mutual! Sometimes, hardship simply necessitates that a wife take multiple husbands, and in that case it's almost always brothers!

Have a care, umgi, or you'll get a line in the book.

>you will never be a thicc dwarven QT
>you will never get double teamed by you husbando and his brothero, each taking a turn at either side so no ones sure whose child it is

Suffering worse than hell

>dat pimpslap on the demon.
kek

This is the epitome of Warhammer to me.

Does anyone have a larger version of this?

Best I could find was this, but I'd keep looking if I were you.

Fuckin' Classic.

That said, the slew of new Lizardmen art we've been getting with the vidya game has been beautiful too, but they're one of the few factions in Warhammer that benefits more from colour art than the gritty old black and white style.

Thank you.

Anyone have any art of Morathi where she doesn't have her top out?

Strange question I know, but there is reason for it.

What goes into the Book of Grudges exactly? Slights like oath-breaking, unprovoked attacks or the desecration of ancestor tombs are obvious but what about cases like a dwarf army being defeated in battle during a war and a general killed in combat? Does that still count as a wrong to be avenged or is some sort of distinction made?

Here's a fan concept of what an Ind army could look like

>What goes into the Book of Grudges exactly?
Short answer: everything
Longer answer: No, a defeat does usually not go into the book, as long as the war is "proper" in some way, like the enemy declares war and not just attacks for no good reason at all.

>Ind
>Tiger cavalry
Spare me.

In writing an army list, I think you have to detail the culture and geography of the faction first, otherwise you're just left with generic units based on history and mythology.

There's no White Lions without Chrace and no Questing Knights without the Grail.

>generic units based on history and mythology

this is literally what WHFB is. Or did you forget Kislev bear cavalry and araby genies being canon

>otherwise you're just left with generic units based on history and mythology
Like so many other armies? We barely have any fluff about Ind, so on what should one base its army list if not the history and myhtology of that place?

>Kislev bear cavalry
One off-hand mention in an 8th edition book as far as I can tell and not in any of the previous books for Warhammer, Warmaster or WFRP.

Fuck Bear Cavalry.

WFRP holds that Boris was the first in a while close enough to a bear to ride one, though the Cult of Ursun and even regular soldiers do train them for fighting.

nearly every regular unit has a lot of geographical and historical flavour from the real world or it's myths.
If you want to, I would rather remove the cavalry archers and replace them with more exotic warriors like urumi bearers.
Historically india was a pretty bad place for horse archery because of it's humid weather that decomposed compound bows.

Or how about something more like friendly vampires? It would go well with the mess that is ind which has a lot less von carstein shittery and maybe less of an aversion to the undead.

More solid than you'd think. Cathayan vampires was one of the core ideas for a new vampire bloodline - moving it to Ind nstead has a nicer feel to it, especially given Cathays tie to Tzeentch.

the official tsar boris mini from the mid-90s has him riding a polar bear

Unmounted fighting bears are a different matter. They were in Warmaster, Mordheim and WFRP.

The fact that Boris tamed and rode Urskin was considered remarkable and he was made the high priest of Ursun for it.

And the model came out just before the Storm of Chaos, so it was a mid-2000s model.

Agreed.

Name them Vetaalas.
An offshoot of lahmians that allied with snek people to protect the coastal settlements of ind from dark elf raiders.

A nice user was giving quick run downs of faction lore yesterday we that was humorous and to the point.
Anyway anyone can let me know about Tomb kings? Dosnt have to be funny but I'm confused that people say they were like gods but lizardmen seem to be the one who talked to gods.

>Nehekhara the first human civilization
>worshiped death, built huge tombs, stone sphinxes and giants
>constantly seek immortality
>guy named Nagash kills brother and subjugates throne
>learned Dark Magic from Dark Elves, afterwards entombed them alive, becomes immortal
>other kings rebel and defeat him, queen Neferata finds his books and copies his elixir of immortality becoming first vampire
>Nagash comes back and rises every dead in Nehekhara, curses all water with deadly poison
>king Alcadizaar manages to kill him using skaven warpsword and goes mad after knowing he is last alive man in country
>1100 years later Nagash resurrects but Tomb Kings kick him out from Nehekhara
>Sigmar bashes him with Warhammer
>first king Settra claims to rebuild his realm as far as Empire

That's fanmade.
where'd you get it?

Do the tomb kings are dark elves? Or is that unrelated? Did they take the immortality potion, die, and just come back as skeletons? Had it always been run by skeletons since they killed nagash? Did they all wake up the same time as nagash?

Nagash bind undead to his will, Tomb Kings appeared only after he died, it was ruled by them ever since.

Alright check this shizzle

>long ago - after the sundering of elf kind and the War of Vengeance - in a distant land - the northeast of Warhammer's Africa - there was a great civilization
>Called Nehekhara, these guys were the shit, and performed feats of engineering, science, alchemy, art, and culture not all of which have been matched since
>there was only one problem: all men die
>enter Settra, the greatest king Nehekhara ever had, possibly the greatest human king ever, certainly the peer of such later figures as Sigmar or Gilles Le Breton
>in life, Settra united the disparate Nehekharan kingdoms, crushed his enemies, and expanded his borders to the Borderlands, Tilea, Bretonnia, and parts of what would become the Empire
>Settra was getting old, though
>galley by the inevitability of death, he took the members of the Nehekharan priesthood he felt could get the job done and charged them with finding a way to abolish death itself, and so the Mortuary Cult was born
>the Cult made great strides in extending life in Settra's lifetime, but nonetheless he died; he was prepared in such a fashion that, when the time came, he could be restored to life
>things continued this way for a while
>Nehekhara fractured again, the Cult thrived, kings were preserved, and the civilization declined
>men became more concerned with death than life
>still, none dared to build a tomb greater than Settra's...yet
>enter Nagash, a member of the Mortuary Cult, and eventually its head priest
>Nagash was a match for Settra in will, vision, and thirst for dominion...but Nagash was as blackhearted as a man could be
>Nagash would have the good fortune of capturing some druchii Magister
>using torture and dialogue, he prided the secrets of Dark Magic from them, then buried them alive
>Nagash was not content to simply ape someone else's accomplishments
>combining what he divined of Dark Magic with his knowledge from the Cult, he created a unique and hideous magic, Necromancy

I'm talking about in Warhammer. I just used the word for convenience

>using this, he produced his ironically named elixir of life, which finally conquered death, after a fashion
>from his black pyramid, the only thing built in Nehekhara that dared surmount Nagash's tomb, he set out to conquer everyone and everything
>long story short, he lost and was thought destroyed
>Nehekhara returned to normal, not knowing Nagash had endured and was preparing the world's largest chimpout in retaliation
>a spoiled, bored noblewomen in the kingdom of Lahmia, incensed at the restrictions that kept her from the Cult, set out to study her own way of conquering death
>she used a lieutenant of Nagash, who directed the creation of the second elixir of life to produce the first vampires
>Neferata then ruled Lahmia in a debauched bloodbath of orgies and feeding, which eventually united the other kingdoms against her
>BTFO, she and the other vampires scattered
>bad news, though, Nagash was back...and looking for employees
>the vampires were forced into serving him using a cursed magic item given to one of their number, Vashhanesh, and Nagash used poison, necromancy, and his knowledge of Mortuary Cult rites to kill Nehekhara ,reduce the land to a sterile desert, and raise every dead king, noble, soldier, and peasant as a slave
>Nagash was only undone when the skaven, fearing his runaway success with their help, armed a prisoner of his with a weapon designed to actually destroy him
>it worked, sort of
>the resurrected kings, all claiming the same turf, fell to dighting, while the Mortuary Cult worked to fix this shit
>by now they had found their own immortality, chaining their spirits to bodies that could not die, becoming liches
>still, even this established success was not the same as resurrecting the dead for true or undoing Nagash's curses
>speaking of, he's back, but a bit more cautious, though it doesn't help, Sigmar kills his ass again, and he comes back again
>Nagash now engages in a cold war with the Tomb Kings, seeking his crown

>Settra finally wipes the sleep from his skull, sees everyone shitting and pissing everywhere, and goes fucking ballistic
>he brutally forces all the proud princes of Nehekhara under his rule, smarter ones just bend the knee when told to
>Settra is organizing and securing his realm, looking to punish chimp tier savages (as he sees them) squatting in his periphery realms (as he sees them)

Also the vampires are still out there, having tricked and betrayed Nagash. Most of them pee blood at the thought of his full return but some still worship him.

So...This is....the power of....Athel Loren

Here comes a new challenger

>Pray they never figure out boats.
They just have to grow wings.

wood elf ass is plumper and more enticing.

No.

LARGER

I don't get the Tzeentch thing. One character in Marienburg worships him, and suddenly everyone thinks it's official? Another book hints that the whole country is run by vampires, why aren't they vampire lovers?

What mod?

>especially given Cathays tie to Tzeentch
Why is a whole country tied to single chaos god?
How does that make sense? I mean it's personal character and circumstances that makes you worship a chaos god. Not because of a local trend.

Dark elf ass is tighter and cuter.

Only matters if you are using her gastrointestinal tract for the purpose of vigorous fornication.

I don't think they have the concept of diablerie in WHFB as they do in V:TM, because I don't think the method of turning someone into a vampire is the same (having a piece of your soul combine with and mutate the soul of the victim)