How much money do you have to have for a $10k rolex to be a "reasonable" thing to buy?

How much money do you have to have for a $10k rolex to be a "reasonable" thing to buy?

>300k a year starting

you need to stop being a fuckin nigger

you should probably just lease it for 249 a month for 10 years

rolexes suck anyways there are much better mechanical steel case watches in the generic swiss under $10k range and anyways girls dont even notice expensive watches anymore so they really arent worth it

Omega > Rolex

This but unironically.

Just check your phone nigga, like stop wasting money on outdated technology lmao

rolexes are beautiful, doesn't matter if "another brand" is cheaper and better, you dolt.

if you have a 'cheaper but better' watch than a rolex, you're just a poor fuck who can't afford a submariner.

>he spends money on material wealth

apple watch

My dad has one of those
I don't get why he keeps buying all those random shit watches when that watch looks way better than all the other watches he owns
as for me, I haven't worn a watch for years

like 500k a year, my parents made 180k a year together and would never even think of spending over 1k on jewelry

you're just putting the money on the wrist, it's not going anywhere. It's absolutely retarded, sure, but if you have the money why not.

probs like 100k net annual

i don't understand why anybody would want to buy a rolex... it's a fucking watch. people literally work to impress others,

I just want enough money to never have to work again and live simply. is that too much to ask?

personally, I would want to earn more than 100k a year AT LEAST. I hate wasting money on unnecessary luxury

only middle class people, probably teachers, would claim something this foolish. I prefer Jaeger-Lecoultre over Rolex, but Omega is a full echelon lower than Rolex

I'm a student (n income apart from student loan) but have savings of $500k. Is this enough?

God I thought I fucking made it.

Buy a Jaeger-LeCoultre or a Patek Philippe, only negroes have Rolex anymore.

as someone who deals with watches, buying a rolex isn't a waste of money. most of them go up in value. you could've bought a submariner for $4800 a year ago and sold it now for $5500. they shot up like crazy in value.

>paying 10% of your annual income for a watch
this is exactly why you will never own one

Buy them from the chinks. I have 2 Omega-knockoffs and compared them to the real deals: you don't see the difference. Like sure, if you're up against absolute watch autists with microscopes, they may be able to tell. Normal people without watch fetishes will not notice the difference though. Biggest upside: you get to keep your money in crypto to make even more money instead of buying a shitty lump of gears and shiny metal with it.

10k for a watch.

you just need to be a dumb motherfucker.

Just do it if you really want it, I only made 250k$ this year and bought myself a nice omega watch. You can always sell it if things go south

Some watches (like Rolex sports models) hold their value, which is more than you can say for a car that costs the same amount. Yes, it seems like a lot of people buy Rolex watches simply to impress others or show their wealth, which is silly, but Rolex watches are quality and can take a beating. Rolex is the most reputable brand on earth. That being said, I admire people who wear Grand Seiko more than stainless steel rolexes.

>tfw still wearing the Timex weekender my ex's mom gave me for Xmas five years ago

You get a rolex because it's a rolex, if you need to showoff, you can only get that.
Anything else will say "he's a stingy fuck/he's poor and he uses his saves for this".

>arguing over watches
all that matters is FACE HEIGHT FRAME

Show me a rolex that looks nicer than an omega speedmaster

I've never heard of this rolex coin what exchange can I buy it on?

Also, an omega is the only watch that has been on the moon, none of your pleb tier shit can beat that.

i wish i wasnt an ugly manlet desu

a million

speedys are nice looking watches for sure. Lots of cheap watches look good. I admire speedys, but I'd never pick one over even a Milgauss. Though, the only Rolex I'd ever want to own is the Platinum day date ice blue diagonal motif.

I'm going to be getting the recently released JLC Master Control Chronograph with sector dial in a few weeks, and a FP Journe later next year

Just buy one of those oversized gshock watches user. Women love those

I've thought about this, I wouldn't think about it unless the luxury watch was a small single digit % of my entire worth

I would love a speedmaster one day, being so cheap I think I'd have to have 700k-1mil to justify it, but I think if crypto makes me a millionaire I want a custom watch with a solid oz of the BTC logo in gold as the face

just one more 10x moon mission on both BTC and LTC will do the trick (lmao I'm not counting on it)

honestly they are great watches for the price and ones like the mudmaster are built like tanks. they've not a semblance elegance, though. maybe also buy a JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon for fancier events

Apple watch with a silver metal strap cheapest watch you can buy that adds the highest status and if you have a ton of money it still isn't under class.

Then in about a year I will order a Grönefeld 1941 Remontoire with guilloché dial by Kari Voutilainen. The dial alone costs 3 x speedmasters since it alone is harder to make than most watches. The year after that will be a Patek Philippe with enamel dial by Porchet or Rohr

I have a Raymond Weil I got for graduation that I never wear because jewelry is for faggots and niggers

I think this is reasonable, though it is 10% of annual income a Rolex is gonna be with you forever. I don’t really see it as blowing it.