Whats the happiest ending for a character you've ever experienced?

Whats the happiest ending for a character you've ever experienced?

What was the most satisfying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o-nmUV5ZlZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one in that picture looks happy to be there.
Not the voice actress, not the penguin, not even the cardboard cutout.

he died defending an orphanage
"No casulties. I^)"
Final words of Cro the barbarian that though he was a paladin.

Became A Khornate demon prince alongside her best friend a Demon Prince of Tzeetch and both decided to take a fucking break and rest for a little.

>Became A Khornate demon prince alongside her best friend a Demon Prince of Tzeetch and both decided to take a fucking break and rest for a little.

That's extremely unedgy for chaos standards

She got eaten by sharks.

That wasn't the satisfying part, though. In fact it was BULLSHIT, and you know it, DM!

The satisfying part was when an ancient, eldritch entity who'd tempted the party before (and successfully made a pact with our sorcerer, not that I found out until moments before my character's death) appeared to her and offered a second chance at life. To cut a long rant short, she said that she's not gonna sell her soul when she's ACTUALLY DEAD, and told it to eat shit.

Then, as consolation, the DM let me briefly appear as an incorporeal echo and randomly stab at my remaining party members.

Retired at the age of 13 to a treehouse he built in the woods. Because I was 13 as got tired of playing the same elf druid since I was ~6.

I tried to recall any happy endings my characters have had, then I realized most of my characters never actually got propper endings.
Most of their stories ended abruptly because of campaigns getting canned for various reasons.
A few characters died (usually through bullshit).
Several, having completed their mission, simply went on with their lives, slightly richer than before.
Nothing that I would really consider particularly happy or satisfying.
Thanks for helping me realize how miserable my characters are OP!

Penguins smell disgusting

Paladin Lodiak sacrificed himself to save his party and daughter from a baby red dragon (we were level 5 or 6 at the time) by putting on an amulet with a werewolf curse on it and losing control of himself just after telling the group to run for it. May not have been the best ending but damn it was satisfying in the moment.

youtu.be/o-nmUV5ZlZI

He died and went to hell.

You said happiest and most satisfying, not happy nor merely satisfying.

>Character has traumatic backstory that frequently gives her nightmares
>Is also a sorcerer, who, due to said tragic backstory exposing her to a lot of death and despair, had her magical aura corrupted so the only spells she learns are necromancy or destructive ones
>But is actually a generally nice person, always willing to help the downtrodden and give away gold to people who help her
>Worships Wee Jas, the lawful neutral goddess of death in DnD
>Is actually very religious, praying to her patron often in times of strife and duress
>At the end of the campaign, party is chasing a Succubus who has traveled to a realm of undeath to do... something (we never actually found out)
>During the final confrontation, Succubus manages to hypnotize my character and sucks her soul out in only one roll
>My character is dead with main villain having the MacGuffin she needs to do... whatever she was gonna do with it
>Mid-battle with the Succubus, a manifestation of Wee Jas herself shows up (explained by the DM that since we were in a realm of undeath, she was more powerful here and was keeping a tab on my character once she entered)
>Tears my character's soul from the succubus and puts it back in my body
>Character gets back up and kills the succubus with her very next spell
>She then becomes a cleric of Wee Jas and spends the rest of her days helping the comfort the dying into their final rest

I just handed over a character I used to play to one of my best friends. She's going to be my friend's character's adoptive mother.
Despite her eventually dying my character would be happy having a family of her own now and I think that she'll be happy up until her death.

One of our campaigns ended up on a fairly down note for my PC. His lover ended up sacrificing herself to basically become the source of all magic. A few years later, he was brought back into action when he heard reports of a woman very much like his lover roaming the land curing the sick and generally doing good.

It turned out that it wasn't his wife, who was still stuck as a goddess. It was his daughter, who had been conceived before her ascension.

Are dreams of endings alright too??

Because I dream for my Ranger-Duelist to finally win the heart of the woman he loves and retire with 12 kids.Maybe becoming a Fae inbetween just for not dying of old age and shit.... ahh If i just think about all the names i have to come up with for all those kids...

Dying in their sleep having helped establish an era of peace.

I played a 12 year old know-it-all kid with a hero complex in a one-shot, once. He spent the whole time trying to be heroic and save people but eventually all hell broke loose. So he sacrificed himself to cancel out a ritual, because he'd heard the words 'heroic sacrifice' before.

He stabbed himself in the throat and died, but the Bad Dudes were stopped. Kid didn't actually understand 100% that 'sacrificing himself' meant he'd die, you know.

Diablerized arc antagonist, for entirely selfless and altruistic reasons. Now there's heretical slut living in his head, forced to eternal penance.

The best ending ever, alive by the time Gm got bored of the game and stopped Gming

Which character? almost all

Nothing better than leaving your ending to your imagination

I know thats why it was satisfying. It was a happy end, they set out for glory but became corrupted and found that the universe isn't as dark as they used to believe.

To be honest, i am impressed how many people actually got actual ends for their campaigns.
In all my years there actually only was one game that actually ended:
A vampire game, and it wasn't even a grandios ending, more of a 'And they are still fighting on' (well, backstabbing and politicking, but you know) ending that left room for a continuation that never came.

And i only ever got one character death that was on any level satisfying, but mostly because the GM/group didn't allow me to use my main gimmick so i was happy to stop playing that character.
I was an Chemist, but i never had time to search for chemicals, no money to buy them and nowhere to even make them myself.
The same thing repeated itself in a later and last game i played with him as well: I was basically forced into the role of alchemist and mage, but i had no chance to make any potions (the two times i so much as went out to search i was almost killed both times and lost my hand and sanity along the way), i had no spells for the longest time and the only chances to acquire some the party stopped me for time reasons.

This for literally every time I've ever been a Player in a game.
GM ADHD sucks balls.

Party's final quest was to go to a tournamentwhich was being held by a Lich to find the strongest warriors, but our characters didn't know that. Earlier I had been hit by Lich goo from a liched dragon that throw up on me. When the party was on verge of TPK, thanks to a banshee wail that I survived, it was me and 2 other people (large party). I sat down against a column as others teleported away. The Lich came back and saw my dwarf in full plate chilling and could sense the goo had infected me and made comment to about it. I asked if he had any job openings and because he knew my dream of legions of warforge, he did what he could for me. Made me a Wight and gave me legions of undead and set me upon one of the major trade cities. Killed a solid 5 million, only about 3 million left.

By practicality, this is true happiest ending I've had as it's the only ending to a character I've had. But in a way my character was kind of alright with what happened since he got to control legions at least and he got to choose to do it instead of just die and be commanded.

Played a drow who was raised by a gnome for a bet. He was raised to fear the world and everything in it and was constantly paranoid. Hide his face under a hood at all times to so no one could know he was a drow.

In the end he become a beloved hero of the land with the rest of the party no longer afraid of everything just a bit nervous now. Got luck with the elf rogue of the party and had a son he cares greatly about. He spent the rest of his days running a potion shop.

One of my players started adventuring because he was a bored rich kid whose father owned a very successful mining company. He was also the 7th in line, so he never had to do any business. Ended up rolling bard to travel the world and work on his music career.

10 levels later, a few near deaths, losing a friend or two, being supernaturally aged (and reverted back to normal), and a 1.5 year campaign, his character realized he hadn't seen his family in a long time, and actually missed them.

Told the group he'd write about their adventures as songs, and he'd always cherish and remember them. Ended up catching a boat back home.

Then the player ended up rolling a Chaotic Stupid Minotaur Warlock who was scared of the dark. Goddamnit.

He was elected as the emperor. It was actually the GM's idea.

Had an Eclipse Phase character that got promoted to Proxy in Firewall. Not sure if that's happy or what, but at least its positive/successful.

Drove off into the Siberian sunset after being tortured by the only other two PCs he trusted for several days

I like to think he retired rather than seeking revenge

Wood Elf Paladin, Oath of the Ancients. Our party ressurected an ancient black dragon god that wanted to destroy magic. We knew that the one who killed the dragon would become host to its soul and become the next evil dragon god.

Fast forward to us finding the dragon after chasing it to the Feywild, barely managing to defeat the dragon, my Paladin gets the finishing blow. As we are preparing to walk through a gate home, my character confesses his love to another character, kisses her, pushes her through the gate, and stabs himself through the heart when he is alone in the feywild.

Since I still had the essence of a god within when I died, I broke the cycle of the ancient dragon and became a god myself.

He become an old mentor watching over the rebuilding of a society he loved and helped save from forces he will never understand, though he never took to leading it outright. Out of character I learned that his whole understanding of his peoples ancient history was mistaken and the party probably failed to deal with some horrible but distant threat that had been hinted at to the far south, but he lived without knowing that, prideful to the last.

I'd like to think he extinguished his anger once and for all and came to understand the purpose of mercy and continue to atone for his mistakes, since he was already working towards that.

character was posessed by a demigod and went on to become the most powerful magical being on that planet. was dank even thogh he became a dmpc

>Be young, naive IG Officer from noble family on world in Eastern fringe
>Educated in Ultramar, have young wife and son
>Governor, nobles on world decide to betray Imperium. Some reach out to Tau, others secretly embrace Chaos.
>Most of noble house killed in stsrt of fighting, rallies remaining loyal Imperial forces
>With help of Inquisitor and a Deathwatch kill team, win a few key battles and hold on to spaceport
>Rise to command over Imperial counter attack
>Retake planet, thwart Tau + Heretics
>Young wife dies but gives birth to third child, daughter
>Named governor of planet, celebrate victory, bring world back to prosperity

Though the world and the governor just came up in a game of the Emperor's tarot, so this happy ending may be changing.

>happiest
He went to resuce his daughter from the apocalypse as everything descended into chaos, managed to reach a safe place to live in and survive through the apocalypse, really.

>most satisfying
One man against waves and waves of men, set up in a last stand of sorts. He was a hunter, so he took a shitload of supplies, a knife, a hunting rifle, a good amount of molotovs, and took a spot in a watchtower. Had the greatest kill combo - kicked a guy from the ladder that led to the watchtower, he fell and took down like five other guys with him. Managed to hold it long enough for the rest of the team to escape. I was honestly really satsified because of how effective everything was. Died because a helicopter crashed into the watchtower as a last resort, as I kept fighting even after I ran out of ammunition.

My Not!Angron barbarian died.
Basically took the back story of the angriest autist in 40k and put it on a human gladiator with a set of Not!butchers nails.

False, my cousin had a penguin at his wedding and it smelled fine. We got to pet it. It was a good wedding.

>700 year old Demigod
>Gave up his Immortality and Demigodhood to revive his father (Sun God), so that the party could kill the Final Boss (Moon Demigod)
>Spent the rest of his life helping rebuild the almost destroyed country and faded into obscurity

Where did your cousin find a ring for a penguin?

He died peacefully in his sleep next to his wife instead of on the battlefield like he had always assumed.

Happiest:
The character saves all races from being eradicated by an anceint death weapon by getting inside it and eventually figuring out a way to destroy it. He's accidentally blamed for causing it's activation when in reality another character purposefully did so after going insane or something, so is abandoned on the island where this threat remained, but is taken in by a tribe of Goblins whom he brings into a renaissance.
>Elder Scrolls universe
>My Monk/Alchemist ex-shadowscale (assassin) who is on the path of redemption continually gets his shit kicked in by life.
>Loses his soul in some strange ritual and can no longer communicate with Daddy Talos
>Still devoutly prays to him constantly.
>End of the campaign rolls around; the BBEG is planning to turn everyone undead in order to stop the cycle of death and rebirth or something akin to that.
>Still don't have my soul back
>Can stop the threat but I'll have to sacrifice myself whilst I still don't have my soul
>Do it as a final act of redemption and stop everyone from turning undead.

>A quick death at level 1
>Drowned by another player for having made fun of his character

Happiest? Honorably discharged from the suicide squad, went to live in a mansion having carved out his own little chunk of Germany.

Most satisfying? Running away from a horrific anti-reality monster, leaving others to take care of it rather than deal with it himself.

>Happiest
Character was a partial demon, dad sometimes came around to mess with him. One time he was around my party member decided "fuck this guy" and threw my Sheele ( fairy made from my soul ) into his body with Necromantic magic. Basically my Sheele and Dad had to do a soul power roll off or be spiritually devoured by the other, my fucking sheele won. Have my own hell and suddenly way stronger. Get to end game, party and i curb stomp final boss. I retire to my own personal hell ( with a slime lake, i made sure of that ), and bone my sister. Me and another character every millennia or so throw our countries at each other ( he made a 'utopia' of undead hiding just below the surface ) to have fun.
>Most satisfying
My psychotic murderer managed to get a TPK. Everyone at the table was salty, kinda 'killed' the campaign along with. The GM still insists my character got killed by another NPC, but i call bull.

Transmutation

>Happiest
The last Adept I played in Shadowrun saved enough dosh to retire from running and started a second career as a moderatly successful singer. He's been name dropped a couple of times in successive Shadowrun games, indirectly hiring the team on one occasion to recover a leaked album.

>Most satisfying
"Mechwarrior Gabriel St John gave his life in a heroic rear guard action, buying his company time to regroup and, ultimately, allowed the Steiner forces remaining to withdraw from the field in good order in the face of an unknown, overwhelming foe. He gave his life in service to his House and the Inner Sphere. May he be remembered in glory."

Tracked down the corp members that killed his family (sad backstory, yeah yeah yeah), personally beheading the guy who made the call.

That's dank, bruv.

Second one was meant to be the most satisfying, fuck.