Numenera collection torrent - 85/86 files

Looks like i have no idea how to make a magnet link

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5354956

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C5_wiYzHZ70
gen.lib.rus.ec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only thing not in this torrent is the Strand short film: you can find it on Youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=C5_wiYzHZ70

NU MEN ERA

cuck

Noice. Got one for The Strange?

Not really, try gen.lib.rus.ec

Picrelated is what i was able to find with "the strange cook" request

is this a fast board or something? wtf

Y-

People are wary of Monte "The Cock Cannibal" Cook and his games.

es.

What is this thread even about?
Do you want people to say 'thank you for sharing'?

NuMaleEra is a steaming pile of orcshit

cuck

no, just want this to hang in here for a bit

"why"

Real question here, but why do people seem to dislike Numenera so much? Usually when it's discussed I see more than a few people jumping in to trash it. I've played around with it a bit and to me it seems pretty lightweight and fun. I'm not interested in investing into it at the moment but hope to one day as I really like the setting and how it played from my short time with it.

Is there something I'm missing? Genuinely curious.

IDK about your experiences user but whenever people bring up legitimate criticisms of the game there tends to be these limp-wristed half-assed defenses that're tantamount to "idk I think it's good maybe you're just missing the point" and it gets tiring.

I haven't been too involved in discussions myself as I mostly just lurk. I do hate the whole "you just don't get it" kind of retorts for the most part but I do think some things are simply up to personal taste. What I'm curious about is if Numenera is that bad to the point of objectivity warranting the consistent hammering that it gets? That's not a rhetorical question. I'd genuinely like to know more about the legitimate issues I'm apparently unaware of.

I love the game, but apparently it has a bad fan base, which sours the reception.

Imho it's subpar mechanically and suffers from "Monte loves wizards" syndrome rather badly

Its unforgivable sin is, however, its setting. Its an incredibly boring take on a really cool concept. It feels like just another fantasy world with a thin layer of weird sci fi tacked on. Nanos function and feel just like wizards, Cyphers function and feel just like traditional magic items, and the world feels like I've seen it a dozen times before, just this time they'll occasionally mention robots or something. It's a ripoff and a failure of imagination

This right here. I love, love, love the concept, but my own attempt to run it, I pretty much redid the societal details from the ground up, because they weren't brave enough to make it something other than a hodgepodge of D&D medieval fantasy tropes with a scifi makeover. With some TLC from an ambitious GM or gamemaker, this game or something like it could go places.

When I first started dming for numenera I noticed the shitty/missing concepts from the makers. I was disappointed, but it allowed me to come up for my own unique stuff. So I see how this isn't for everyone, and how it is lackluster, but I just love playing it.