Is it just me or are the Xenos races kind of lacking? GW clearly put a lot more thought into the Marines and Chaos

Is it just me or are the Xenos races kind of lacking? GW clearly put a lot more thought into the Marines and Chaos.

It's because most of the writers and audience are human.

>Is it just me or are the Xenos races kind of lacking?
How do you mean? In what ways are they lacking? I don't disagree, I'm just curious why you think so.

They're just missing something. Their designs and fluff are all relatively dull and simple.

Pretty vague

Tau have gotten a lot of support. So have Necrons.

Yeah, I can't really put my finger on why I don't like them.

>Tau have gotten a lot of support

And more coming
Time of face slit now

Great

Don't you guys think 40k players are all sorta like..."that" way?

Well, you could probably replace them with races you like better.

>Their designs and fluff are all relatively dull and simple.
I don't know if I agree. I'm not saying 40k is the most unique setting ever when it comes to aliens, but
>unfinished fungal-grown super-soldiers whose ramshackle technology only works because they believe it does
>C'thulu-slaying space Egyptian terminators with technology so advanced it actively breaks the laws of physics
>Creatures whose souls are constantly being slowly sucked away by a malevolent god from another dimension. Some survive by uploading their souls into their mothership's computer, the others survive by inflicting constant suffering on others
>An alliance of caste-divided communists who may or may not be subject to a form of mind-control.
>Said alliance also includes aliens whose DNA is partially blank, allowing them to absorb the genetic traits of those they consume
>Intergalactic locusts, controlled by a hive mind that's constantly analyzing and adapting to it's opposition at an unbeatable rate.
The Tau and Tyranids are the least unique here, but they've still got some good twists on their respective spec fic tropes.

In other words, you just wanted to make a bait thread.

Not bait I'm just dumb

All the ideas I have for changing the races and setting around would be too surreal or upsetting to the established canon.

Wasn't there a random Xeno Generator somewhere?

Maybe I'd simply change the Orcs to Green Martian barbarians from Barsoom. Make over the Tau into honorable city-state dwelling Red Martians. Turn the Eldar into the multiple subspecies of Chasch from "Tschai, Planet of Adventure" series. Change the Dwarves into Dirdir.

Then I'd change the overall backstory to make that fit better. Add a few minor races and develop more interesting Imperial factions.

Then there are some radical changes I could try. But that is merely the tinkering side of worldbuilding.

>I'll take these 40k races and turn them into copies of races from other fiction
Sounds retarded.

Just using better fiction for source material.

Just the first pass through the process.

Define 'originality' related to GW sources.

yeah, there really just happen be be like, you know, like how they are

40k is a fantasy game that was frankensteined and cloned into a science fantasy game, something futuristic. Most of the non-human races were just squeezed into a space-future mold, but a lot of their fantasy-ness shows through. That's going to feel weird if you look at it too long - it'd be like seeing Lancelot in the middle of a Star Wars film.

The Imperium has shown to have multiple different factions all goin on and do in their own thing, and Chaos even has it's own varian God Imperium institutions like the the Dark Mehanchanicus and the Blood Pact, even if they don't get their own tabletop representation. Meanwhile, Tau just has the Farshigh Enclave, whose fighting style is pretty much identical to regular Tau, and most of who's fluff is about the man rather than the empire he created.

I for one, welcome our new blueberry overlords.

.......most?