EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Madness" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What's the most fucked board you've seen? Did you cause it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-08-17-mayael-the-anima-edh/
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/riku-rug-goodstuff-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Once you go jank, things get too dank.

>Playing Rashimi
>Have Rashmi and Mind's Dilation on the field
>Get to play my opponents' decks and my deck at the same time

I think the best play last night was when an opponent cast an overloaded Cyclonic Rift, and Mind's Dilation's Trigger let me cast a Counter spell from his deck.

i have a yidris deck that basically does the same thing. it casts like 4 cards off of a single card each turn. my group hates the fuck out of it but its my favorite to play cause its just so much fun

Agreed. There is absolutely nothing that indicates the restriction is a copyable part of the ability, rather than an effect that applies specifically to the abilites granted by the static ability the restriction is part of. Eli is a fuckwit who needs to stop pulling RM fiat bullshit that contradicts the Comprehensive Rules and all existing precedent. Between that and his "hurr durr no fun rules interactions allowed" bullshit, he's just as bad as Tabak.

>you may activate each of THOSE abilities once per turn
Now, I really do understand where you're coming from.
Quicksilver should either do absolutely nothing for him or let him go infinite.
However I think it's still very worth to run it just so you can drop it and copy Mairsil for the infinite abilities, not to mention Mairsil still being able to target other creatures with it.

>What's the most fucked board you've ever seen?
Oh man, I have a bunch of these.
>Mayael resolving a Primal Surge by saying "oops, all permanents" and flooding the board with all the biggest shit you can imagine
>OG Kozilek/Ulamog coming on the board and swinging before an opponent even has four things to sacrifice, leaving them with an empty board against an Titan
>Dingus casul dropping a panic Obliterate managing to take everything off the board except Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
I caused the first two quite a few times, but the last one is a special story that me and my no longer dingus casul buddy still laugh about. That misplay ended with a straight up lockout for three players.

Got in on the last thread pretty late. Haven't played magic in a while and looking to play some edh again. Looking for advice on this. This is my current deck.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-08-17-mayael-the-anima-edh/

So I looked at one of those StarCityGames Heavily Played Commander packs (The black one) and decided to price it out. For $75 it seems like you're getting about $120 worth of stuff. The only real money cards are Attrition, Diabolic Intent, Grave Pact, No Mercy, Ob Nix, The Fallen, and Wound Reflection.

Doesn't really seem worth it. to be honest.

its still totally a combo piece and should be run.

I am just upset at the mystery rulling.

>What's the most fucked board you've seen? Did you cause it?
rhe second people start doing "chaos" faggorty i just scoop. i dont want to spend two bored as fuck not even playing real magic cause some faglord wants to jerk off to his "le omg so ebin troll" deck

would rather just drop that game and play hearth stone on my phone instead

Are there any 4cmc cost creatures that could possible make running this worth it?

>stuff from kike city isnt worth it

no shit, they are just trying to unload stuff that isnt selling on you for a still higher price than heavily played stuff on TCGplayer. never buy from kike city games, they are basically the best buy of magic

clever impersonator for one

What is the point of Karametra in that deck?

The thing with those packs is that you're getting cards that most people already have a ton of. You get some good stuff but you're better off just buying the singles you need of TCGplayer like normal. Its like buying a commander precon just for the commander, just not worth it.

Here is my proposed ban list for the format to make it more fair and allow competitive EDH to flourish.

1. All mana ramp

2. All land destruction

3. All kill spells

4. All cards involved in infinite combos

5. The color green

6. All uncommons, rares, and mythic rares

Any clone. Too bad it's one off things like Phyrexian Delver.

>get attacked
>transfigure for this and block with it
>put emrakul in play

gg no re

>get into argument that you're running a banned card
>punch opponent in face
>take his cards
Easiest game of my life.

Poorfag go away

>Craw Wurm is a common
I know who is behind THIS post!

>green
I could get behind this desu

can you only run this card in 5c decks because of symbols rather than words?

Entirely for ramp. The deck goes into overdrive as soon as you can start casting guys from hand, plus using mayael. She easy enough to turn into a creature (mayael, parameter, any 3 green or 3 white idiot) and she pulls lands out of the deck so mayael activations are more likely to hit. She's been surprisingly powerful desu

Yes

>he knows

SHUT
IT
DOWN

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

filtered

Sorry for violating your safe space. That was a dick move of me.

Sorcery speed only.

Rakdos Lord of Riots
Also goes well in a casual-oriented Marchesa Black Rose deck.

Rakdos is a dead draw in most 3 colored decks, super hard to cast shit like that even with proper mana base, at least until turn 7.

>quicken show and tell
>show aetherplasm
>switch for emma

:^)

This doesn't have actual synergy with Mairsil himself but I'd argue better synergy with the rest of the deck unless you built artifacts.

I'd move some of your Sorcery based ramp to creature based ramp, stuff like Druid of the Anima or Sylvan Caryatid. Is Purphoros really worth it in the deck, as it doesn't seem like his damage Trigger will go off all that often, and you are already playing fatties. I really like Stonehoof Chieftan and Iroas, God of Victory, as they make attacks that would not be profitable into the ability to break creature stalls or straight up profitable.

I'd also put in one non-damage based boardwipe, Wrath of God or something. I also like Seasons Past as it can give you a second wind so to speak or help you recover from a Boardwipe.

Necrotic Ooze is one of those cards that is good in almost any Mono-B or Bx deck simply because, even if you're not using it to combo, it can generate some decent value.

I feel like with the amount of bounce and flicker most Mairsil decks will have Necrotic Ooze will actually be counterproductive unless your opponents are sure to have anything worthwhile.

Inverter of truth

>set every card to foil to raise the price on tapped out
>add duals you dont have
>still only $1600
You are bad, stop making decks and delete your accounts

Your pet card sucks, at least learn the rules before posting or go back to the modern general

Not even the same user, my guy.

I want to play the dank jank lord, what are some spicy cards to include?

guys i saved mtg

Mirror-Mad+Lab Man+Azami
Infernal Denizen
Shauku
Arcanis
Horseshoe Crab
Pack Rat
AEtherling

>Horseshoe Crab
I know there's a few better untap options but I can't NOT run Horseshoe Crab.

>What's the most fucked board you've seen?
This one
>Did you cause it?
Yes

It looks like Daretti, Jace, and Lazav, but who's the 4th?

Or you could print true dual lands that are only legal in commander.

Hey get that picture of me off of Veeky Forums!

I like the sorcery ramps only for the ability to pull lands out of the deck. I'd be more inclined to play rocks over mana dorks just because they dodge wraths. That being said, purphoros is probably the weakest card in the deck and I think I only like holding onto it for the synergy with avenger. Iroas or stonehoof are probably both stronger.

>thinking I don't own duals
>thinking I don't own foils
>thinking I'm not fabulously wealthy

Poorfags like you ruin this game and make me sick. Quit. Today.

>screeches in investor
Delet this

original name, donut steel

oh wow i didnt bother googling it

>no basic land types
meh

>no basic land type

literally just print silver/gold bordered dual lands, ez pz

Karador

If I had to guess freyalise

>unsleeved cards

It was a dark time. I got better

>Deretti player has no sleeves
>the only one with a playmat is the Jace player
>Avacyn the Purifier face down when it's the better artwork
>drinks with no lid on them
I agree, that's fucking awful.

>dark time

if you cant afford 5 dollars for some sleeves you should probably focus on getting a job instead of playing EDH

That lidless "drink" was a spit cup, my friend chews tobacco

I don't think he means he couldn't afford them, user.

That's fucking disgusting.

your friend should kill himself and you should not associate with him anymore, thats fucking disgusting

It gets worse.

>square table for 4 players
>ultra pro playmat
>the most basic of basic lands
>artifacts stacked on top of each other for convenience's sake
>pentivus with 14 counters on it
My autism burns with rage of every soul in hell.

That is quite gross to be honest.

Correct
I have a job, but I was pretty green to Magic at the time and didn't understand the importance of sleeves. I got smart, don't worry

Darksteel Juggernaut, bitch nigga

>pretty green to magic
>those cards
>that way or organizing your graveyard

not buying it

>tfw have a secret tech against people who play without sleeves

>3 people at the table with sleeves that clearly understand the importance of sleeves
>yet the 4th one refused to use them
Autism is at work here

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/riku-rug-goodstuff-1/
Does anyone have any sugestions to add/replace? I used to run Surrak as a commander, but Riku lets you copy creatures for extra ETB effects

>This triggers the Veeky Forums

I despise alters that have nothing to do with the original card. What in the fuck does The Joker have to do with Force of Will?

>draw on an expensive piece of cardboard and everyboby LOSES THEIR MINDS

Okay, you got me. I had a hard nostril exhale.

I like that he's holding some period cards, including a recognizable Jester's Cap. That's the kind of note that brings "Technially skilled but shitty concept" alter to the level of "OK as alters go"

I have seen so much shit, this doesn't affect me anymore.

I was going to post that one but ive been temp banned before for pony content on non pony boards

Zeig heil mods

>will just get played alongside taiga
Fuck no. Either pay up or suck up. Either be a busted cEDH faggot or play monocolor like a real man.

>marker some ponies onto power 9
>raise the price a few hundred bucks

I want to believe that the drawings are only on the outer sleeves.

I never noticed the horrible "guru" duals above the ponies. They look like they were drawn with markers.

I really want a copy of that card.

Guru Duals are kinda cool. Pony P9 (well, p10) is horrifying. Not because of anything to do with bronies (I'm not one but I can't bring myself to hate the show over them either. I watched some when it was getting all the hype and for a kids show it was ok) or because of the technical skill exhibited (They look like what they're supposed to look like) but god damn what is your concept? Your reason for being? OK ha ha a couple of the ponies have colors or powers that would fit with the card they're depicted on, but that's key: A couple. The rest are stretches AT BEST, which makes your concept of a cycle weak and prevents it from recovering from the cringe of deciding to mix children's' television and classically esoteric MTG (Because they're both hasbro products now?) which maybeit could have done if it offered something creative or interesting.

Nope. Some ponyfag posted them a few years ago all proud of his altered power. Everyone told him he was an idiot, but he went on about how he would never sell them, and thats that he wanted, so it wasn't an issue that he just tanked the value by at least 50%, etc. A few months later they showed up for sale.

That's a fivehead.

>giving a shit about a card that costs more than most of my decks and i will never buy

Why even post then you bitter poorfag?

>Implying anone plays enough basic lands for this to have effect
Maybe if they are all playing monocolour decks

I thought the Guru Underground Seas were pretty good looking, but obviously I can't see much detail from the angle of the picture.

It affects nonbasics with basic land types you retarded ccg scum of the earth

Solemn simulacrum

>Bought a Wade into Battle deck for 15$ 1 month ago
>Today, just Urza's incubator and Magus of the Wheel are together double than that

Feels fucking good. I don't know how Incubators didn't change price until a week ago. Planned on getting one as soon as I knew of Tribal decks

scarlet pimpernel
my brother of african ancestry

This would make some goood copypasta. I'm gonna save this.

>Magus is $10-15
What the fuck I bought mine for $2

What happened?