Field Kit Inspection: 20,000 Leagues Under The Hive Edition

Alright men, line up neat and orderly, before I decide an execution is in order! Very good, men. Now that you're all set up, we can begin.

Men, as you are currently aware. We have been dispatched to the water world of Telivus 4. A world that my reports indicate, is coovered in 92.4% water. Most of which is undrinkable, and full of twelve storey tall creatures, capable of tearing apart a system Patrol crusier in seconds, were it ever to get into orbit.

Reports indicate that the population is under going rebellious behaviour as of late, so we've been called in to help put it down. And before you even ask Johaness. NO you may not use the Chimera's as Submarines!

Now, before we begin our sacred duty, I believe we should all take a moment, and have mandatory field kit inspection, to make sure we're prepared incase the population attempts to fire bomb us.as such, all hands, present arms and equipment for a Field Kit Inspection!

Welcome to ''Field Kit Inspection", home of the 'Unknown Regiment". Feel free to join in! Remember though, we tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, while greentexts for are used for describing a character's actions. D20s are for combat checks and d100s for other things you wish to roll, with higher being better.

Third Company, assembled and ready, Commissar! I took the liberty of requisitioning scuba tanks from the local defense forces, incase the rebellion causes the glass bubble around the hive, to shatter.

VERY GOOD DEAR COMMISSAR!
I WOULD NOW LIKE TO MAKE A SHORT ANNOUNCEMENT!
DUE TO MULTIPLE DETAILED REPORTS OF DAEMONIC TAINT FOLLOWING THKS LOYAL REGIMENT, ALL SOLDIERS ARE TO BE WEARING PURITY SEALS AT ALL TIMES.
THE EMPEROR PROTECTS

>the short man stands a 5 foot and holds what appears to be a large missile launcher

>it is rather uncomfortable to stand near him

>the man looks more disheveled than usual, having grown a large beard
But the red wax clashes with my suit

YOU SHALL DO IT AND YOU SHALL DO IT IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR!
*slaps a handful of purity seals onto the mans face*
THATS BETTER!
DONT REMOVE THEM OR I MIGHT HAVE TO EXECUTE YOU!

you cant do 'at ye blighter.

Very good, Ecclisiarch! With the purity of the holy and blessed seals upon us. Even the enemies of the Emperor will know to fear us!

The wax is sticking to my beard holy shit it hurts so bad why why did you do this to me

*brutus would be wandering the eagles fury, away from the rest of the regiment sticking daemonic looking runes on everything*

*A voice would appear into Brutus' head*
I will come soon. Do not attack the regiment under any circumstances.

THE ENEMIES OF THE EMPEROR DO NOT FEEL PAIN!
IF YOU FEEL PAIN IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE STILL LOYAL AND TRUE TO HIS HOLINESS!
PAIN IS OUR MEASURE OF VALOR IN COMBAT!
IM VERY SORRY MAN, I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND LOW GOTHIC VERY WELL
PLEASE FORGIVE ME

*Brutus would nod is acknowledgment and finish up the job of planting tzeenchian runes in hidden locations on the ship, such as under an unused mug*

ya forgiven ya big panza. noo geet da fock away from da othars

> he hefts his rocket launcher

NOW

*michael would walk over to the man and attach purity seals to both his weapon and his body*

Why exactly are you aiming that rocket launcher at the regiment by the way?

oh great, a water world
time to break out the water proof robes

>pulling off a seal, I hurl it onto the priest

NA DONT YE START DOIN' DIS SHITE, 'LSE ILL BE FEEDIN' YE YA TEETH

*sees the new arrival and attaches a purity seal to the back of his head without asking*

Well, on the brighter side of things. We're inside an enourmus glass bubble, that is protecting the Hive city, from being flooded by sea water.

Underwater city you say? I think I've heard of this before

HOW DARE TOU!
REPENT
REPENT IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR AND YOUR LIFE MAY BE SPARED!
*hefts his eviscerator and revs it aggressively*

>looking dead at the fucking priest, I take a step back and aim my rocket launcher

are you, tell me. that I 'ave been doin' heresy?
'hink very very careful like about how ya answer dat.

>he gets ready to fire at any second. the blast would kill the3 priest and probably kill him too

Rolled 12 (1d20)

I AM A NOBLE PRIEST OF THE ADEPTUS MINISTORUM.
YOU DARE TO RAISE A WEAPON AGAINST ME?
DIE HERETIC!
*the priest would try and cleave the man in two with lighting speed, being able to strike before the man could react*

>with a visious wound to my side, I pull the trigger on my launcher.

seeing as we are both in melee range we both die when it hits the floor underneath us

*new arrival
*new
Excuse you priest
I can breath underwater
this could be intresting

Rolled 7 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

[fine I will fucking roll, with pluss 2 for hitting the floor under our feet]

>I'd speak to Brutus over an encrypted Vox-channel

"Brutus, meet me near the warp power generator. ASAP."

>I'd have a hood over my head, and I'd wear citizen-esque clothes. I'd be indistinguishable to other civilians

>Matthias can only sigh, as in fighting already commences.

Emperor preserve us...

>Making his way through the hive streets while they patrol. Matthias would turn his head to look at the Cog-boy.

Well, I sincerely hope that your water breathing ability isn't needed. Such an event would be quite bad for the rest of us.

GOOD CAPTAIN!
I NEED HEALING!

*nods his head and follows his direction*

>Matthias would hit his Vox bead.

Ecclesiarch? What the hell is going on? Are the rebels attacking you and your men?

Rolled 87 (1d100)

>a guardsman sit's in a unnoticed corner working on his plasma gun, hopeing no uptight tech priest is about.

>rolling to fix problem with the gun

>Hooded figure sets up a table with sereval sets of clothing, masks and air tanks
GET YOU OWN WATERPROOF CLOTHES AND SCUBA GEAR, ONLY FOR 135 THRONES EACH

>not 40,000 leagues under the sea
555-come-on-now.jpg

Rolled 9 (1d20)

MY PURITY SEALS HAVE ALREADY ROOTED OUT DAEMONIC TAINT IN THE REGIMENT!

AN INSANE HERETIC HAS TRIED ALREADY TO ASSASINATE ME!

I AM IN COMBAT AND NEED HEALING!
THE BLAST HAS INJURED ME!
DIE HERETIC
*the priest would once again swing at the heretic*

>I'd look to Brutus approaching until he had arrived.

Brutus. Enact this ritual in the crowd. Neuter the local PDF.

>I'd look towards the Warp energy regulator, arching my brow

You know the plan.

What are you doing guardsman?
repairing your plasma gun?
you seem to doing quite a good job, who trained you?

You got any razors? Van Kleez used all mine to crush crack rocks with
>the man scratches at the purity seal entangled within his beard

[you are both dead you can not survive a point blanck missile explosion in robes. especialy where a guardsman in flack cant. you are both dead]

>fixing the fireing mechanism I smile at my work before spinning like I had been electrocuted

uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh hey mister tech priest I uhh...... please don't turn me into a servitor.

>his panic is rather palpable

...erm, what is this?
>Points at his beard
But anyways, I have razors, you'll get one if you annulate my debt for the forged document,yes.
Wait, crush rocks?

Sir, what ritual do you speak of?

[you rolled for a reason]

im sorry why would I do that?
> inspects the gun
you did an excellent job here
were you born on a forgeworld? or just mechanically inclined?
either way im somewhat impressed

>I'd open my palm, showing a blue warp flame
>One open, a human skull with a sigil of corruption branded on it would appear
The Ritual of Change

[well heretics dead, so *middle finger to you*]

well every other tech man or maybe woman I can't tell has scolded me or had me flogged.

and it sort of feels.....right to fix things, like it whispers to me and it feels good

[no not warp whispering]

I grew it when we spent three weeks drifting through space because SOMEBODY doesn't like the concept of faking their own death
>the man eyes the many guardsmen surrounding him
And yeah, crack rocks, little blocks of drugs and shit. You really don't remember? We ran out of food around Thursday week 3 and voted to eat one of van Kleez's legs before we ran into the others

*brutus would take it and rush into a populated area, clad in thick brown robes*

What do you mean ran out of food? I brought a lot of food on monday of the third week...hmm that explains why you decided to do it though, I just though it's a human thing...
Anyways here's a razor
>Hands out the razor

*a blast wounded priest would stagger over, even while needing medical attention intent on doing his job*
THERE BETTER NOT BE...
ANY HERESY TALK...
AROUND HERE..
IS THERE?
NO HERETICAL...
CONVERSATIONS?

Time to ditch this beard, I look like a fucking hobo
Nope, we're talking about beards

sir I think the medical officers were talking about how the empra could have made humans more resilient so that they would have an easier time. so is doubting the empra a heresy. cause if it is you had better make the medical crew repent

GOOD...
GOOD...
STAY LOYAL MEN!
REMEMBER, HERESY HAS SIX LETTERS!
YOU ARE ALWAYS SIX LETTERS FROM DAMNATION!

I don't understand why didn't you do it on a ship, in bathroom

eh maybe a more orthodox priest would care, but im not exactly orthodox
fixed is fixed

>Sort of shows up with the rest of the Company, then again, one could suppose he's always just been there.

Because all my razors are covered in cocaine

>The ancient staff in his hand would shine a little brighter, as Krux begins to hear the voice of the daemon trapped within it, inside his head.

>"I can sense that you are becoming far too impatient... Such is the way of that imbicile Khorne, and his legions of blood thirsting followers. The ways of Tzeentch are far more elaborate, and cunning. You should not be rushing into this so soon. For if you fail now, there will be no escape, and you shall be useless too me."

>the guardsman blinked

were you a former guardsman?

And?

I HAVE POSITIVELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BUT IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE ACCUSING YOUR SUPERIORS OF HERESY.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO CONFESS?

no.
now go do whatever it is you guys do
shoot things I guess

Hm...
>I'd look to Brutus, rushing into the crowd. I'd speak to him via the Vox channel

"Don't do it yet. Just... wait. Let's not rush.

Are you sure Sir? Now is the perfect moment, the arbites are not present and the rioters seem likely to be easily distracted.

>Brutus would come upon several hundred rioters and traitor guardsmen, taking up arms against the local PDF forces, just a few streets away from the city power plants.
>The traitors would be wearing a strange badge upon their uniforms in place of the aquilla, standard to all flak vests.
>Brutus would recognize the symbol very well, from his previous life.
>It would appear that the soldiers and local Arbites are keeping the area locked down for the moment. Barely managing to keep the far more numerous rioters away from the power plant.

I confess I like eating and praying to the empra.

as we all know a closed mind is not open to heresy.

>hearing combat he grabs his plasma gun and begins to run to the fighting

ANYONE WHO WANTS A FIGHT I THINK I FOUND SOME

Trust me, Brutus. Wait until the Maelstrom arrives. You will see your old kin.

GOOD GOOD!
STAY LOYAL!
*michael would leave the area and seek out anyone trained in medicine*

Look, I'll demonstrate
>the man pulls a pink powder encrusted razor from within his coat and hands it to a nearby guard, struggling to shave his 5 o'clock shadow with a clearly blunt razor
>as soon as the razor nicks his cheek, the guards pupils rapidly dilate and expand, and he falls to the ground grasping at the air

>Perking up hearing the fighting, even all the way from where he is, makes his way toward it.

>Along the way, has several Generic Guardsman from the Regiment rally around him.

I am a medicae what do you want priest

>"Do not mistake my words as cowardice, or for you to stop. For the object which you seek is needed, if you are to obtain the necessary power for your ritual. I merely suggest you weigh the possibilities, and plan accordingly."
>"A mortal's mind is a simple thing. But at the same time, it can also be nearly incomprehensible."

[how are you still alive]

>meeting up with the conscript, I call out in greeting

you hear it too?

Hmm I see

I SEEM TO HAVE TAKEN SOME MINOR BLAST FELLOW PRIEST OF THE ONE TRUE GOD!
IS THERE ANYTHING YOU COULD DO FOR ME?

>Nods, before tilting his head in the direction of the sounds of the fighting, motioning for others to follow.

You seem mostly fine except for some 3d degree burns
here hold my krak missile and launcher for a second
> medicae mechadenrite is go
alright I put some burn salve, antiseptic and numbing cream on it
it should heal on its one just you know dont get burned more
all I can really do is numb the pain as I have and wait for time to heal your wounds

>falling in behind the conscript he takes a look over the squad and keep my eyes up.

[ill play a few traitors to kill, okay]

Rolled 9 (1d100)

>I'd head towards the un-guarded power facility, entering without being notices
>I'd look towards the giant generator, and the warp regulator rods currently locked
>I'd go onto the computer, trying to unlock the rods
>rolling to unlock

Rolled 62 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>Failing to unlock it, I'd go towards the rods themselves
>My only option now is to dismantle the machine with my psychic powers
>I'd attempt to manifest a magnomancy, taking the machine apart to get to the rods
>rolling to manifest

Rolled 6, 8, 8, 2 = 24 (4d20)

>several guardsmen run out into the line of sight of the conscript and his squad, they seemed to be trying to flank imperial lines. they open fire

first two to conscripts squad, next to conscript, then to yar

Rolled 5, 3, 18, 13 = 39 (4d20)

>Seeing the Imperial reinforcements arriving from their flanks. One of the rioters would call out.

IMPERIALS REINFORCEMENTS! THEY'RE COMING FROM BEHIND US!

>With this, several rioters would turn around, and open fire upon them.

>Stuber rounds would be fired upon Wolfe and his squad. First and second rolls
>Several traitor guardsmen would begin firing las shots towards veneir. Last two rolls

Anyway I have like a box full of those razors. Maybe we should hold onto em, could come in handy, especially since it sounds like shit is going down now.

>the sergeant stumbles groggily into the hangar
>he appears to have a crack pipe attached to a port in his respirator
Viktor y-ya bastard, what have you done with my razor?

>I'd contact Brutus over my encrypted vox channel
Enter the hive and corrupt the Alpha. Good luck, my dear Brutus. I have the warp rods. Warp instability in ten minutes. Daemons soon.

>"Do not use such powers so soon, Mortal. You are still untrained in the ways of the Warp. And it is just as likely to consume you, as it is to assist you. Especially to an untrained dmind such as yourself!"
>For such a reckless use of your untrained abilities, the staff would shock you.

>Hears the shooting
Hmm who are we fighting here again, and why can't we just trap them in some forsaken box and flood them?
Hmm agreed, could come handy to sell local night clubs
Ahhh Kleez, how are you, where's the cash for the drugs you "borrowed" in the ship?

Rolled 1, 3, 7, 3 = 14 (4d20)

>Terrible amounts of fire from many sides are taken, but other than a few wounds, no losses are taken.

>Emboldened by the Traitor's terrible accuracy, lets out a cry of defiance and orders his squad to return fire. Adding his own Las fire.

Understood, my lord.
*brutus would instinctively know where a cult would be located, and dash to the underhive as soon as possible*

>struck by the weight of fire, I fall back badly wounded

ASSHOLES, MAY THE EMPRA SEND YOU TO YOUR FALSE GODS OF HELL

>rolling for the plasma gun

>I'd go to one knee as I was shocked. Grunting, I'd get back up
Such is the way of Lord Tzeentch.

Rolled 5 (1d20)

YES MEN!
FIGHT FOR YOUR HONOUR
FIGHT IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR!

We're selling them to druggies and assassins.
Also those were MY razors, I paid 300 thrones for that box

Rolled 6, 7, 9, 18, 5, 13, 18, 6 = 82 (8d20)

>With the Imperial forces missing their marks by a wide margin. The rioters would begin to press the attack upon both them, and the local PDF forces, attempting to hold them back.
>>The first four rolls would be the Rioters and traitors pushing towards the power plant.
>The fifth and sixth tools, would be aimed towards Wolfe.
>The seventh would be lasgun fire aimed towards the priest Micheal.
>The last roll, would be lasgun fire aimed towards Magos Gelt.

Rolled 11 (1d20)

EMPRA DAMN YOU, DIE

again with the plasma

*michael would be struck directly in the chest by an auto gun, his only worries at the time being that the imperial forces might flee after seeing him go down*

Rolled 17, 20, 17 = 54 (3d20)

> shot misses by a wide margin
good effort, execution needs a little work
> pulls out hellgun
kindly die now
> volley of fire

Rolled 9, 3, 18 = 30 (3d20)

>Several Arbites and Imperial guardsmen are lost under a combination of stubbers and lasgun fire., But the rest would attempt to hold their own.
>The Chimera that the guard were using the hold the line, would open fire upon the crowd before them, with a hail of multi laser, and heavy stubber fire. First roll
>The Arbites would do what they do best. Police brutality, with bolt guns. Second roll.
>The Imperial guard squad, would open fire from behind their barracades, with their lasguns. Final roll.

Hm? Oh, t-talk to Viktor about it, him an' I *cough* got a deal goin' on. 'Sides, I thought those were complimentary?

Like fuck they were - if ya can't protect them, ya don't deserve them. Although I'll give ya, that sounds like a pretty good plan.

>hearing the ruckus in the distance, he picks up his vox handset
Hello, artillery? Yeah, can I g-get basilisk shells on 343, 72- what? Yes, *cough* I know that's the middle of a hive. What do you mean civilian casualties? Bah, fine. I'll just g-go and shoot them. Over.

Rolled 10, 20, 12, 11 = 53 (4d20)

>With one hit having a terrible, though not fatal, impact and another missing entirely, let's out another cry of rage and emboldens his squad to fire back.