Your current adventuring party must somehow convince pic related of the value of mortal life, lest it all be erased...

Your current adventuring party must somehow convince pic related of the value of mortal life, lest it all be erased. Can they manage to pull this off?

Someone would make a terrible gay joke and that would trigger the apocalypse. We're fucked!

>Someone would make a terrible gay joke and that would trigger the apocalypse.
Your party *certainly* can't be so retarded as to make dumb jokes when a literal over-deity is asking them whether or not mortal life should cease right?

*roll initiative

>Implying you could fight Jas, let alone harm her.

If we can't fight or harm it why is the DM putting it in front of us

Why the fuck would a bunch of random schmucks who raid tombs and kill orcs for a living be able to convince some absurd ur-deity not to erase reality? Might as well go out with a smile and a one-liner.

Maybe they could talk her out of it?

This is actually the most likely ending

If there was no reason for mortal life to exist, why create it in the first place?

Because you have to convince her to not obliterate the multiverse and all life since she and her kin see the very notion of mortal life as an aberration. Its your job to figure out how to do that without fucking everyone over.

I ask the warlock to roll Diplomacy, maybe ask if he can have advantage since he knows about the gods

If I'm remebering correctly, the Elder God's create universes and slumber in wait until they finally awake when the time is ripe, all so that they can feed off of that universe's life energy. They have done this countless times before, but they were *not* expecting mortal life to have become a thing at all.

"If you kill us, you'll be just like us!"

>Okay it's an aberration but it's a fun aberration? That should do the trick.

I seduce it.

>What....
>Is.....
>"Fun".......?

Let me show you
*unzips dick*

I don't think Jas even has any holes capable of Intercourse user. Hell, I don't even think she would even understand what "Sex" is. She would literally respond with:
>Explain......

Frankly that's kind of a shit encounter, because the players might not be as charismatic or clever as their characters. If a game encounter cannot be solved through a series of dice rolls, then it's just the GM wanking himself and you're better off not playing his power trip fantasy.

So I fuck the Giant God-Robot

>Jas even has any holes capable of Intercourse
When there's a will there's a way.

Roll Cha + Persuasion to seduce.

I looked it up, OP's thing is from "Runescape".

My character makes fun of the Gods for being videogame ripoffs, dares them to go ahead and destroy the universe.

We kick his ass.

It's a stange word, really. Know what joy is? You probably wouldn't feel it after killing everything. Being alone isn't quite fun if it's longer than half a month or so.

>My character makes fun of the Gods for being videogame ripoffs, dares them to go ahead and destroy the universe.
>Needless.....Defiance.......
>Mortal......Life......Is.......An......Aberration......
>It.....Shall.......Cease......

Yo, yo, yo, yo. I've got an idea. If you despise mortal life so much, why not make everyone immortal?

>"If you kill all life then there's no-one to explain you what fun is"

Nay nay nay!

Now out of character I laugh at the DM for thinking this was supposed to be cool or dramatic.

>Meaningless.....
This is how she responds when the World Guardian tries to explain to her what positive qualities mortals have, like Hope, Love, and Joy. She and her kin don't really seem to care for such things it seems.

What kind of elder god would you prefer, user?

>create universes to feed on their life energy later
>be surprised at life being a thing in the universe

??????????

>my character turns about face, drops his trousers, and then takes a healthy shit while squatting to let the creature and the GM know that I don't care for this situation.

bard rolls to seduce

Was this written by a thirteen year old?

I think it was more a situation where they created *Life*, as in things directly molded by them such as God's or Servitors. But they weren't expecting *Mortal* life to have become a thing. All of the life that they themselves had made were immortal entities bound to a specific nature, or purpose. Whereas mortals could choose to do whatever they so wished, which is what throws them for a loop.

Then the GM is just wanking himself on his power trip, and we leave the table.

So, what value do THEIR life have?

If I can relate to their answer, maybe we can find a common ground.
If I cannot, then we're too different to pass judgement on each other and since we're also no treat to them they have no reason to kill us all and destroy valuable things even if said value is unknowable to them.

Mortal life accelerates the social and technological process of a species.

Hard to convince a god to not destroy you when they're determined to.

I can only see the best ways is either convincing them that it's going to start happening regardless, and they're wasting time and energy on something as fruitless as that. That, and the chance that mortal life could become strong enough to destroy them instead.

Or... just ask what threat we really pose for them if they're that powerful compared to us, and see if there's a reasonable compromise that doesn't involve one side killing the other.

If none of those work? Well, I tried. But maybe the former does start happening, slowly dooming themselves.

>So, what value do THEIR life have?
I don't think they have "Value" like other beings. They shaped the multiverse, and seemingly just spontaneously came into being. They would likely just respond with "We Are", and leave it at that. There is no way to truly relate with the Elder God's because of how inherently different they are compared to other beings. Even God's have some human tendencies, something that mortals can find common ground in. The Elder God's just......are.

Well, why should their existence continue then?

Yet these completely unrelatable and alien beings, who shaped all of existence and to whom our entire world can't be more than a single linseed on your breakfast sandwich gives enough of a fuck about a few specks of matter on that one seed to go and have a chat with specific parts of it, a very very tiny specific part, before devouring everything?

This is a fucking onion of insufferably stupid shit.

the paladin convinces it that it is in fact, not a god, and he should seek spiritual guidance

>There is no way to truly relate with the Elder God's
Then we can't understand each other.
But if I had something in my hands that was absolutely worthless to me, and someone else told me it is very important to him, why would I destroy it? I would give him the stuff I don't care about and go on with my life.
So should they. They can't understand why our live have value but they can understand that we value it.

If they are so ancient and unrelatable why do they take the form of humanoids, why would they speak?

She is in fact, tsundere over the chance to chitchat with the handsome PCs, so I think the seduce roll should go through.

I mean, the only thing the Elder God's even have in common with most other life is that for the first Five, they have "form" and can be interacted with, and they can even "die", in some cases permanently. They also pay attention to Gielinor because it is *literally* their "perfect wotld", and is in fact the only world (besides the Abyss), that will be spared from complete destruction.

What the fuck is this-
>runescape
Never fucking mind.

Punch it til it dies.

>They would likely just respond with "We Are"
Well so am I, so fuck off.

The entire scenario seems too contrived for anyone to put it in a serious game. A cosmic horror from outside the universe contacts a small band of roving murderers wandering in the middle of nowhere and asks them to justify their existence or else all reality is unmade. The cosmic horror apparently doesn't have any comprehension of mortal values and is unwilling to learn. Why not tell your players you want to run a different game for a while instead of crashing your own campaign?